Thuban

General AP Options

I know that I am a bit of a minority when it comes to my favor of hunting for higher timed eggs. However, it doesnt hurt to pitch a few ideas, I dont think. I looked around and didnt see much in AP specific threads (and asked a couple mods if they knew of any!)

EDIT: The point of the thread really is to open the door for people to offer some ideas on how to make their AP experience better. I was aiming for a general thread, with options for different things that could potentially work with more discussion, or work.

Time left based sorting:

Basically, I'd like to see a few options:

*Normal (lowest time first) with 0h-4d23 and 5d0h-7d options available. If you know you will be missing a day, having a higher time egg is sometimes a better move.

*Reversed (highest time first) Same as above, except the highest timed things will always list first, with the younger ones showing up on bottom right.

Edit: Time based sorting opens the door for cherry picking. At this time, the focus seems to be on the idea that there would be nothing left to hunt that is "worth" anything.

Mixed: 0-4d23h (2 rows max), row of 5-6d eggs, row of 7d eggs (or something) Each row will refill with appropriate timed eggs as needed. For people who just really enjoy hunting a variety.

Color Based sorting: I imagine its possible to take the color sort's mechanics and apply them to the AP. If thats the case, then breaking down the ap to general color ranges (red+orange, yellow+green, Blue+purple, Black/white/grey,) Basically anything that is considered part of any of those groups by the existing color sorts rules, gets sorted into those groups. Breed sort would be highly unfair, but color based.. might be a bit more fair to people.

Edit: People are concerned about the chances of people sorting specifically to hunt "rares". Well.. yes, thats going to happen, however it can be managed a bit. By adding more colors to the groups sorted, we flood the chances of finding the specific rares a bit. Needs more discussion.

Non-Holiday Sort: For those people who absolutely have NO interest in hunting the AP for holidays, this would just force them to show up on their appropriate pages in the time sort we already use, which allows for normal day to day hunting for those users who are not interested.

Hide a breed (or color?): A filter that would allow you to hide a breed, or a few breeds from view. Useful for those who absolutely hate balloons, or dont want to deal with the wall of green things when breed walls hit. Would need a limit for how many breeds could be excluded.

Biome sorting: Allows for hunting AP by biome types.

Honestly, I'm not sure how many of these would be feasible, however, it doesnt hurt to try coming up with new things. There are probably better options than what I wrote out, I probably could have written things out better than I did.

(side note: Help mods, you are welcome to edit this post as needed, in the event I disappear)

Edited by Thuban

I would absolutely LOVE this. I've always thought of this but i had figured it would probably be denied.

While this might be cool, I don't think it's such a wonderful idea simply because of how people would spend their time picking out rares from earlier eggs, essentially filtering out most of the dragons people would want as low-timers.

While this might be cool, I don't think it's such a wonderful idea simply because of how people would spend their time picking out rares from earlier eggs, essentially filtering out most of the dragons people would want as low-timers.

I'm a bit confused. How would that particular aspect differ from what could happen today?

I'm a bit confused. How would that particular aspect differ from what could happen today?

People currently can't access eggs which are not showing in the AP, but if people can select different age groups, the low-timers will have been picked over by the time they reach Incuhatchability, thereby taking some of the point out of checking out Incuhatchable/ER eggs without any possibility of finding anything which might be desirable enough to be picked up at close to full time.

Edit: I do include pretty Common lineages in this, not just shinies.

So the likelihood of people poking through the low-time AP eggs and maybe coming across and taking the odd messy to Freeze for the sprite or uberCommon because it's there at such a low time would also reduce, since there would be little or no possibility of finding much else.

For those looking for low-time eggs, that section of the AP would be far more like poking through a garbage heap than it is now, one loaded with rotten eggs and maybe something you might as well take since it's there, so fewer would bother at all with it, reducing the number of generally unwanted eggs raised/Frozen into the ratios.

Edit: just noticed the note - Thuban, I hope everything's OK and you won't be disappearing for any bad reason! Health, prosperity and good internet to you and yours!

Edited by Syphoneira

People currently can't access eggs which are not showing in the AP, but if people can select different age groups, the low-timers will have been picked over by the time they reach Incuhatchability, thereby taking some of the point out of checking out Incuhatchable/ER eggs without any possibility of finding anything which might be desirable enough to be picked up at close to full time.

Yes but everybody would have the same chances at "picking over" the high time eggs, no? And once the "leftovers" reach very low time, they will be picked up as well, no? What am I missing?

Yes but everybody would have the same chances at "picking over" the high time eggs, no? And once the "leftovers" reach very low time, they will be picked up as well, no? What am I missing?

Lol, the part about there being fewer people bothering to poke through low-time eggs and likely picking up an uberCommon they might not otherwise have bothered with and certainly wouldn't have gone looking for, or a messy to Freeze, raising/Freezing these to count into the ratios.

With everything arriving in the AP at the same stage, irrespective of its lineage or sprite, people are far more likely to come across something they might as well take at low time, but if there's nothing worth bothering looking for, they won't, at least I wouldn't.

And I know that when I have room, I often wind up picking up yet another (or a bunch of) CB Common(s) I'd never spend an egg-slot on, merely because it/they can be hatched quickly but that I certainly wouldn't go looking for, because I don't need them, sometimes may not even be fond of the sprite but perhaps I'd better have more than just the one pair, because it's there and Incuhatchable/ER.

I really only usually pick through the Commons I have enough of already because I'm looking for pretty lineages, but without those? I'd have a LOT fewer CB Commons on my scroll.

If I knew that there would be nothing but these, I'd never bother going in there to pick these up - would you?

All of the AP eggs eventually tend to get picked up by someone because there are so many people hunting the AP that sooner or later, someone with most likely some 'might-as-well' reasons will take the low-time messies when they come in to look - but if all of the pretty-lineaged, shiny and CB eggs will be taken when they first come through, who'll bother with the picked-over, messy remains? They'll more likely die and be reycled into the Cave as Blockers.

As you can guess, I'm not pro or against the suggestion, just trying to understand, for starters, if it would somehow disadvantage someone. Personally, I was lucky enough to come across some fantastic "finds" in the AP, so I would probably start picking up high time eggs. But, once the low time eggs reach less than 4d, I would pick them up, hatch them and freeze or drop them back in the AP. Be patient with me, I'd a long day at work and I can't figure out what is wrong with this picture.

Im not particularly worried about cherry picking happening. I mean, yes, to an extent it will happen, however, people who are hunting low timers hoping for shinies to show up would ALL be trying to find them. Everyone would have even chances to get them, if they want to find them. I dont think most users have an issue locking themselves on a higher timed egg, if they like a lineage enough. (I do think holiday season might screw this up a bit though. I know there is a discussion somewhere where people had wanted a way to hunt behind holiday walls.. gonna have to try to find it later)

I wouldn't want to see multiple filters applied (no color sort plus time sort).

With holidays on my mind, I think it could be interesting to just have holidays automatically claim the top two lines, regardless of how things are sorted, for however long they dominate being first in line. That would allow everyone equal chances at those, regardless of sort, and still allow for hunting behind the wall too. Mixed sort would probably get messed up but it could be ok.

Think of it this way:

Right now, we are all in the same boat, all seeing the exact same eggs. If you go browsing through the AP, you'll see the lowest time eggs only. Most of them will be common / poor lineages, with an occasional gem. If there is something spectacular in the back-log, everyone has the same shot at it. Everyone has the same choice: take these low time eggs, or hold out and see if something nicer turns up? Use the egg / hatchie slot with a bird in hand.... or see if there's two in the bush?

However, if you can sort the AP, that whole mechanism goes away, because you CAN see what's still in the bush. You can see (and grab) that high-timed Prize or Gold. This idea will result in all of the lowest time eggs being trash (by most of the user-base's standards) because all the eggs even remotely desired will have been picked out already.

One point is, it removes the problems caused by mass-breeds. The counter point is it takes away drama over mass-breeds.... which is hilarious to watch.

It lets you fill up on certain type of eggs you are searching for... But the counter point is that fewer people would search for something that's NOT on their shopping list, and I've found countless gems by picking up an egg just cuz there was nothing else to grab, only to find a diamond in a plain stone. Counter point to the counter point, more of the backlog would likely be picked up when no eggs would have been picked up because people can find what they want easier.

A pro is that people can find what they want easier. The con is the same as the pro... People can find what they want easier, and will then view the AP as their personal treasure trove and demand it give them even "better" stuff. We already see this mentality, and I personally find it rather disgusting (the AP is no one's personal treasure chest, its what others have decided they don't want anymore, and the disposer has no more right than anyone else to what's there... and the people hunting through it have no right to complain when they find trash in the trash bin). I'm not sure if giving people cause to complain about all the lowest time eggs being fuglys is a good idea. You know that all the lowest time eggs WILL be fugly... And people WILL complain about it and WILL start Wars on Fuglies. Which while highly amusing to watch, the drama does upset a lot of people.

I'm.... Uncertain about this. My instincts are saying its a bad idea, but I can't put a reason to why. There have been other, similar suggestions in the past, but I can't call them to mind. And logic seems to be saying that it could be quite useful. After all, how many times have I gone looking for a CB Mint, Teimarr, or Cassare and not found them.... but find lots when I don't have room for a few more of them?

tl;dr

I'm waiting to be convinced. It seems on the surface to be a good idea, but I think I need to see a lot more discussion before I am willing to give support or not. The pros / cons really haven't been discussed / laid out enough as of yet.

Cheers!

C4.

I have always been firmly on the side of no sorting on the AP, because it really does seem like there would obviously be a lot of cherry-picking and a lot of crap dragons left behind. While I'm not completely sure how I feel about this particular suggestion, I rather like it the way it is now: Everyone sees the same thing. Can't sort in order to find what you want, you just have to be patient and refresh like everyone else does. Yunno, sometimes the simplest way is the best way.

I have always been firmly on the side of no sorting on the AP, because it really does seem like there would obviously be a lot of cherry-picking and a lot of crap dragons left behind. While I'm not completely sure how I feel about this particular suggestion, I rather like it the way it is now: Everyone sees the same thing. Can't sort in order to find what you want, you just have to be patient and refresh like everyone else does. Yunno, sometimes the simplest way is the best way.

I'm totally with you. Same view for all, level playing field.

I'm waiting to be convinced. It seems on the surface to be a good idea, but I think I need to see a lot more discussion before I am willing to give support or not. The pros / cons really haven't been discussed / laid out enough as of yet.

Thanks for the clarification. I (think) I understand a bit better. And, like you, I don't know yet if I will support or not.

/me needs more data.

This.

I am against filters for the AP in general, but I am firmly against color sorting. You should not be able to sort for rare colors. For example, how many yellow eggs are there, and how many of those are rare? Would it not be worth staring at brimstone eggs a while to snatch any gold eggs(original golds, gold lunar heralds, gold prizes, etc) that come by?

Edited by Nectaris

I am generally against customizable sorting options for the AP (customizable here just meaning that people can select different sort options) mostly for cherry picking. I think we should all see the same AP.

If someone needs/wants a higher timed egg on their scroll, they can pick that up from the cave or breed their own. ^^;;

I am generally against customizable sorting options for the AP (customizable here just meaning that people can select different sort options) mostly for cherry picking. I think we should all see the same AP.

If someone needs/wants a higher timed egg on their scroll, they can pick that up from the cave or breed their own. ^^;;

Very much this.

Even now, the chances of finding a gem when hunting the AP aren't good at all - at least not when I'm hunting. :/ Reducing said chance doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Overall, all the reasons stated in other threads that go against an egg shuffle also apply here, I think.

I agree with Sock and olympe.

The fun part of the AP is discovering beautiful low-time gems like 4g prizes and CB Coppers etc. If this system were to happen, those would just cease to exist, as all those great eggs would be grabbed at 7d already..

I agree with Sock and olympe.

The fun part of the AP is discovering beautiful low-time gems like 4g prizes and CB Coppers etc. If this system were to happen, those would just cease to exist, as all those great eggs would be grabbed at 7d already..

And those people who are hoping for those breeds could sacrifice their slots to 7 day eggs to hunt them. Its still an equal chance.

"What about the rares?" is not really a valid reason to say no in my mind. Most of the things people consider to be rare, are common. Only Silver and gold metals are official rares, the rest of the metallic things are generally fairly common (prizes are not rares, outside of second gens. Heralds for the time being are commons, they can be both bred and caught reliably, with little effort). I dont hunt the AP for rares, I hunt commons, and even then I dont want low time things all the time. I go through periods where I know I'll be offline a few days, and for those times, having the option to hunt for interesting lineages without them being insta-hatchys is a good thing (im less nervous about eggs dying than hatchys).

Color sort, I knew would bring up issues, which is why I tried to pick large spectrum color ranges. "yellow" section would end up drowned out a bit by all the green ranged sprites and yelow ones, and some of the weird ones that are mixed in. Its not something I expect to see, but its something I have seen a few people discuss how to do. It could be more broad ranged, easily. red/orange/yellow/green/ on one side and blue, purple, pink, black, white, grey on the other. Still a decent mix of breeds, still allows for some filtering, but not as fine tuned to rare hunting. Just takes a little creativity.

I refuse to be limited by "what about all the rares?" arguments. They arent a dying breed, there will always be more being bred and dumped. Its only an issue because its not a matter of "they will all get taken before they are "instant hatchys" it would then be "if I want these, I have to devote extra time to raising them" Most people are now well trained in the art of day to day low time egg hunting, and the idea that people are going to take up all the rares from the 7d pile, just means you wont have those same people locking up on low time ones anymore.

And those people who are hoping for those breeds could sacrifice their slots to 7 day eggs to hunt them. Its still an equal chance.

"What about the rares?" is not really a valid reason to say no in my mind. Most of the things people consider to be rare, are common. Only Silver and gold metals are official rares, the rest of the metallic things are generally fairly common (prizes are not rares, outside of second gens. Heralds for the time being are commons, they can be both bred and caught reliably, with little effort). I dont hunt the AP for rares, I hunt commons, and even then I dont want low time things all the time. I go through periods where I know I'll be offline a few days, and for those times, having the option to hunt for interesting lineages without them being insta-hatchys is a good thing (im less nervous about eggs dying than hatchys).

Color sort, I knew would bring up issues, which is why I tried to pick large spectrum color ranges. "yellow" section would end up drowned out a bit by all the green ranged sprites and yelow ones, and some of the weird ones that are mixed in. Its not something I expect to see, but its something I have seen a few people discuss how to do. It could be more broad ranged, easily. red/orange/yellow/green/ on one side and blue, purple, pink, black, white, grey on the other. Still a decent mix of breeds, still allows for some filtering, but not as fine tuned to rare hunting. Just takes a little creativity.

I refuse to be limited by "what about all the rares?" arguments. They arent a dying breed, there will always be more being bred and dumped. Its only an issue because its not a matter of "they will all get taken before they are "instant hatchys" it would then be "if I want these, I have to devote extra time to raising them" Most people are now well trained in the art of day to day low time egg hunting, and the idea that people are going to take up all the rares from the 7d pile, just means you wont have those same people locking up on low time ones anymore.

I think that the color range objections can be easily solved using one of two methods.

First: Have 3 ranges:

Red: includes all colors that can be shown in RGB hex codes as FFFF00 to FF00FF... So Yellow, Red, Magenta, and white, black, and gray

Green: same as red but with FFFF00 to 00FF00.... So Cyan, Green, Yellow, and blacks and grays and whites.

Blue: Same as above but from 00FFFF to FF00FF... So Cyan, Blue, Magenta and blacks, grays, and whites.

In this, each breed would show up in at least 2 "sorts", and some would show up in 3. So you could increase your chance at Golds.... But.... Its still pretty heavy odds.

The other way is to have a minimum number of breeds in each color sort. We have over 100 distinct dragon types. So if you have 4 color "ranges", you have each range have 1/4th of the dragons. So your "yellow" range would include all of the greens and reds, too... Because there are so few golds and yellows. Trying to find rares in that mess of greens and yellow greens and reds would be.... difficult. xd.png

~~~~

Still not sure I support or not, just giving ideas to keep the discussion going. I'm seeing a lot of what strikes me as knee-jerk reaction away from change, so....

The complaints that we won't all see the same thing in the AP:

We already don't all see the same things in the Biomes. Each Biome is different, and while metals can show up in all Biomes, they only show up at one at any given time. So the question is.... Does the increase in the ability to find the commons you want out-weigh the (very rare already) chance of a rare in the AP for everyone to see? And not everyone sees said rare, anyway. They get snatched up so fast very, very few people without good connections ever *see* said rare.

Counter argument, to those who say "What about the Rares!":

I myself will grab Tinsels / Shimmers / metals when they are low time.

I myself will NOT grab same Tinsels / Shimmers / metals at high time.... unless I really want them. So it'll be tossed back.

I think what you'd find is that rather than the Prizes and Metals going to the same ol collectors... They'd actually spread out to people with less metals! Think about it.... Someone who has a ton of metals is going to use that high time spot for something more valuable TO THEM than that high time metal. But to someone who HAS no metals, that high time metal is a prize indeed! This could actually help slower players a lot. Many of the high-power scrolls won't waste time on high time higher gen metals.... but will snatch that same LOW time metal right away.

As for "but what about gems in the AP!" idea:

The gems are still there, they just have a much higher time and so aren't nearly as "special". Which since the AP is the discard bin... makes sense. If you really want that special discarded egg someone else tossed? Well, you'll have to raise it just like someone who traded for it or was given it would have. Its only the super commons and fuglies that NEED the low-time in the AP to be desirable... And trust me, they'll still get it even with this!

Another point:

It'll also let slower players get the less-common commons. Those eggs that get snatched up quickly when at 5 days but tend to be ignored at 7 days. So it'll help slow-connection players find eggs that aren't super abundant, without having to wade through the extreme stagnation of the Biomes.

And another point:

This will likely increase the stagnation of the Biomes. On the other hand, if paired with something like the Biome-to-AP-kick.... This would be really fantastic. It'd send a lot more eggs to the AP, making it harder to cherry-pick... but also moving the Biomes more so the less-common commons can be found. And being able to sort through the backlog would also reduce said backlog even with the number of eggs hitting the AP.

~~~~

Ok, more points to discuss! Yes I know they are a bit.... mixed up. But I'm still not convinced, though I'm leaning toward "This can work", especially if its paired with something else... like the Biome-kick.

Thu: I suggest collecting all the points for and points against into a bulleted list in the first post, that'll help the discussion move.

Cheers!

C4.

I'm still far from convinced.

Offering different sort options for the AP will have a similar effect as the biomes had on egg movement in the cave/biomes. We'll be able to see more eggs (if we apply one filter after another), but the visible egg movement will decrease considerably. Which is a bad thing, because right now, the AP is the place to go if you want to have some more movement. Several players have left due to biomes, and many more prefer to hunt the AP by now because there's more movement. In essence, the AP is now a perfect counterpoint to the slow-moving biomes. I don't like the idea of changing that.

Plus, there's still the issue of motivation. Right now, people pick up AP eggs even if they wouldn't pick up the same egg with 7 days left because these eggs are incu-hatchable (or close to it), so they're like extra dragons we can have without losing our regular scroll space. This takes care of countless blockers and messies and is a very good thing for the almighty ratios. Plus, there's always the chance of finding something really precious - lineage-wise or breed-wise. If you let people cherry-pick the AP, this part of the motivation will cease to exist. Why would I even go looking for eggs in the AP if I know that I'll find either fuglies or high-time stuff? I could just as well stalk a biome or two. And keep my egg spaces open just in case.

No. Absolutely NO.

The best thing about the AP is that it is a relatively level playing field. Over the years, and initially with one of the very worst connections to the Cave, the AP allowed me to pick up beautiful eggs that I did not have the ability to breed or trade for. The Cave is everyone's chance to get something wonderful. Don't mess with the AP. Please leave it as it is!

I'm still far from convinced.

Offering different sort options for the AP will have a similar effect as the biomes had on egg movement in the cave/biomes. We'll be able to see more eggs (if we apply one filter after another), but the visible egg movement will decrease considerably. Which is a bad thing, because right now, the AP is the place to go if you want to have some more movement. Several players have left due to biomes, and many more prefer to hunt the AP by now because there's more movement. In essence, the AP is now a perfect counterpoint to the slow-moving biomes. I don't like the idea of changing that.

Plus, there's still the issue of motivation. Right now, people pick up AP eggs even if they wouldn't pick up the same egg with 7 days left because these eggs are incu-hatchable (or close to it), so they're like extra dragons we can have without losing our regular scroll space. This takes care of countless blockers and messies and is a very good thing for the almighty ratios. Plus, there's always the chance of finding something really precious - lineage-wise or breed-wise. If you let people cherry-pick the AP, this part of the motivation will cease to exist. Why would I even go looking for eggs in the AP if I know that I'll find either fuglies or high-time stuff? I could just as well stalk a biome or two. And keep my egg spaces open just in case.

I'm also not yet convinced, but I don't think what you are suggesting will be nearly as bad as you might think.

The unwanted CB blockers will still be there, and people like will still snag them to fill up extra hatchy spaces.

I suspect that we'd end up with a range of stuff, based on rarity:

High time eggs, 7 days: You see everything in the AP... so while there might be a pretty actually FINDING it will still be really really hard

Mid time eggs, 6 days: Most of the rares are gone, but you'll still see some uncommons and less commons and CB commons and blockers

Low Time eggs, <5 days: Fuglies and CB Blockers

I'm still not sure if this is a *good* thing, but....

I think I'm hardening to this opinion:

IF an in-game way to move CB Blockers to the AP happens, this would be a good idea. It'd give a lot more selection in the AP (CB wise) and also move the Biomes a lot more. With the Biomes actually moving, the pressure on the AP to produce "nice" stuff will lessen, because people will look in the BIOMES for the nice stuff.... Which they should be doing anyway but currently can't. And the huge increase in CB eggs in the AP would be far easier to absorb if a lot of the mid-timed CBs were already plucked out. And having so many eggs in the HIGH time bracket would make it extremely hard to cherry pick out the rares... resulting in a lot of them ending up in the lower 2 brackets anyway.

If nothing to even out the ratios happens, then.... I'm very ambivalent about this. I don't think it'd be an out-right disaster, but I think that so long as the Biomes remain effectively useless due to blockers that the AP backlog must stay intact, to force people to clear out the worst ratio offenders from the AP.

Right now, the AP is under tremendous pressure from the user-base, and its too hard to predict just HOW bad this would upset the apple-cart. Best to wait till the pressure is off the AP (by the Biomes actually working), then take up this discussion again.

Cheers!

C4.

"What about the rares?" is not really a valid reason to say no in my mind.

Well, for some it is.

The complaints that we won't all see the same thing in the AP:

We already don't all see the same things in the Biomes. Each Biome is different, and while metals can show up in all Biomes, they only show up at one at any given time. So the question is.... Does the increase in the ability to find the commons you want out-weigh the (very rare already) chance of a rare in the AP for everyone to see? And not everyone sees said rare, anyway. They get snatched up so fast very, very few people without good connections ever *see* said rare.

There's equal chance to see things in the biomes. We do not choose how the biomes are sorted because they are sorted randomly - eggs are generated then sorted into biomes. That's a lot different than being able to choose your sort settings to cherry pick.

If this was a suggestion to add different views to the AP (so instead of a bulk AP, we'd see like alpine AP, coast AP, etc.), that'd be different (although I still wouldn't support it).

I have to agree with this. It's not completely the same since we're not exactly splitting the AP - just sorting it, but I can see this changing the movement due to users sitting in different sorts and due to differently timed stuff being picked off. With users spread out, we will see slightly slower movement.

The best thing about the AP is that it is a relatively level playing field. Over the years, and initially with one of the very worst connections to the Cave, the AP allowed me to pick up beautiful eggs that I did not have the ability to breed or trade for. The Cave is everyone's chance to get something wonderful. Don't mess with the AP. Please leave it as it is!

I'm also just going to second this. We can see a wide range of stuff in the AP. It's like hornblende - a garbage pit of stuff. I don't mind refining biomes, but I like the AP as it is.

I'm of the opinion that everyone should see the same AP for the sake of fairness.

We all see the same cave biomes, and currently we all see the same AP. Allowing people to see different versions of an egg-grabbing page just doesn't feel right.

Thing is, in order for people to raise/Freeze CB Blockers/fuglies because they're low-time, *people have to go to the low-time AP in quantity* and pick through the eggs in order to see the 'might-as-well-because-they're-here' eggs they otherwise wouldn't bother with.

Probably most of us pick through Blockers looking specifically for pretty lineages and only pick up CB Blockers we otherwise wouldn't keep because we are there, they're ER/Incuhatchable and we've already picked them up.

If the AP eggs are already picked through at higher times, we're not going to go to the low-time AP already knowing that there's nothing there we'll actually want or need.

If we go to the full-time or higher-time version of the AP, we'll have room for far fewer eggs and will not pick up CB Blockers/fuglies for Freezing we don't really want *which take up egg spaces*.

With the main advantage of the current AP being the generally low-time aspect of the accessible eggs and the hope of finding something we can actually use at a lower time - whether bred or CB - pretty much gone among picked-over lower-time AP eggs and a higher-time AP reducing the possible number of eggs we can take from perhaps a dozen ER/Incuhatchable altogether to perhaps a few tying up egg-slots for maybe a couple of days, the Blockers are not going to be taken at the rates they currently are.

The less space we know we'll have, the more selective we're going to be in what we pick up to hold in our more-limited egg spaces.

People will overall start going to the higher-time versions in the hope of snagging a shiny or finding a pretty Common lineage and take maybe one or two of those and most of us will not bother going to the low-time AP to look through Blockers and dragons we already know are picked through and won't want.

The best thing about the current AP for most of us is the low-time aspect among the full variety of eggs/hatchies showing up there.

If it boils down to a choice of one or the other, far fewer Commons will be raised/Frozen into the ratios and much of the interest in AP hunting will be gone for many members.