Gruff

Have you ever re-abandoned an egg because ...

Re-abandonded an egg cause of the parents names.  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just as it says.

Have you ever got an egg from the AP and just saw the names that the parents had and just dumped the egg back to the AP.

Absolutely. I throw back ones with all caps, really silly or dumb names, or things like CB Gemshard 4. I also don't like unnamed ones, but I'm less picky about that.

What can I say? I am super picky about what goes on my scroll. tongue.gif From lineages to names, I pick things very selectively.

I don't mind unnamed either.

I ran across an AP egg today that, after I looked at it. It's parents are named what .... no, just no. Back it went.

I care more for lineage than names. :3 I don't mind silly names/caps too much.

On the contrary - I often keep eggs I would have otherwise re-abandoned because of parents' interesting names (and sometimes because of funny/silly/weird ones).

The parents' names (or lack of names) sometimes make the difference between keeping and re-abandoning an egg, but only if the lineage is replaceable.

For example, I might keep a 2nd gen common from Desipis if I like the parents' names, but re-abandon it if they are unnamed or just have "m cb 12345" names. I would always keep a 2nd gen from a Prize though (or other CBs I will probably never have myself).

Depends on the breed/lineage. If it is a common egg with a common lineage then I will toss back unnamed, "CB Magi 293," or excessively long names. If it is uncommon, I'll keep it and deal with the names. I don't mind silly or weird names as long as they are actually names not just IDs.

Yep, I'm picky about names too. I don't like super long names or descriptive ones like "CB Magi" or "5th Gen Fever Spiral" or unnamed parents, but I'm less picky about unnamed than badly named. At the holidays especially I prefer to find "good" names on the parents, but some combinations are hard enough to find that I'll take what I can get biggrin.gif

Only very rarely. I usually keep eggs that I need for lineages, so finding one is hard enough in the AP that throwing it back isn't wise. However, sometimes a name just really irks me for some reason. If it's an easily replaceable lineage, I'll toss it back.

The names of the parents don't matter to me; all caps, no names, numbers names, etc - what I look at is the lineage and breed mostly. Generally, if I'm throwing back an egg I got off the AP - it's because most of the time, the lineage is not what I'm looking for.

Indeed, About the only time I look at the names of the parents of eggs I catch is to see if there's any sort of pattern going on with the names (ex. all the Dragons have the word 'Fancy' in their names) that I might want to keep up the trend - should the egg be one I want to keep due to its lineage.

The names don't usually matter - though "CB Water 69" really gets on my nerves. Why people breed those dragons in the first place is beyond me.

On the contrary - I often keep eggs I would have otherwise re-abandoned because of parents' interesting names (and sometimes because of funny/silly/weird ones).

Same, I love silly names :3

I can't say I've ever thrown back an egg because of the parent names. I care about lineages more.

The names don't usually matter - though "CB Water 69" really gets on my nerves. Why people breed those dragons in the first place is beyond me.

Future lineage reasons (probably). Or too lazy to count and check for lineages? xd.png

Sometimes I reabandon them, depends on what is intended for them. There's stromboli's TLOU ### named dragons, and the other who names their daydreams/whites something like lucky ### (guy is gonna do a zombie exp on it, iirc).

I LOVE silly/uncommon parent names and I've pretty much gotten used to generation tags so I tend not to reabandon them. If cute enough, sometimes I keep the egg even when the lineage is messy xd.png

Long names probably depend on which generation it is though, more so than the actual silliness of the names.~

I only have one breeder's eggs reabandoned upon picking up (and intentionally skipped from the giving/departures threads/not used in lineages if it happens to be given on an IOU and I don't want to necessarily refuse/traded for a swap), but only because in our language, her dragon identifying tag is extremely unsightly (read: REALLY UNSETTLING) so I reabandon her eggs on sight. ;__; Nothing against her lineages tho, I just absolutely hate what the word is. Pretty sure someone will love it more than I do, anyway xd.png

Generally, though, I have no problem with tags.

Edited by Pandalf

I just re-abandoned several Summers, one after the other, because their parents all had 'CB Seasonal xy235' and the like. Creativity much?

I care more about the contents of the lineage than the names of the dragons in it. I will take messy lineages if it's a breed I don't have yet or only have one or two of. I get picker as I collect more of a breed.

I haven't ditched anything due to names that I can think of. Parent names are easily ignored after all, and I rather like goofy. I even have a Mint who's mother is jokingly named after me.

I'm surprised how many people avoid silly names o: Makes me think twice about some of my dragon names, haha.

It makes me curious, is it considered bad form to give an offspring a silly name? Do people consider that a "blemish" or something?

I only remember abandoning one egg because of its name, but it was named after a really awful youtube personality that I can't stand.

I'm surprised how many people avoid silly names o: Makes me think twice about some of my dragon names, haha.

It makes me curious, is it considered bad form to give an offspring a silly name? Do people consider that a "blemish" or something?

I only remember abandoning one egg because of its name, but it was named after a really awful youtube personality that I can't stand.

Pewdiepie?

I name my dragons some pretty dumb things, or I just name them after Brave Frontier characters. I hope no one cares lol

Pewdiepie?

I name my dragons some pretty dumb things, or I just name them after Brave Frontier characters. I hope no one cares lol

I didn't want to mention the name because I didn't want to cause any fights but yeah, that was it.

For me, it's rare that I'd do that, but yes I have. This is mostly in case of Holiday eggs I catch from the AP. If I happen to catch the same lineage/pairing later with parents whose names I like more than the first one, I'd abandon the first and keep the one I like better.

Just to further elaborate...I LOVE silly names as long as its meaning is understandable to me. The only things I may toss back are ones that have "CB" or numbers other such indicators (unless the number is part of the name as in the case of my "Thurston Howell III")

Edited by lanette

I love cute names and don't really mind capitals, but I hate names that are not really names but rather labels. How tacky that is. I've found some names that were just crude and sent them back too. Also, I'm starting to reject ones with the names used by certain people who like to overbreed junk and clog up the AP unless it's something I seriously need, or sometimes a Red or Pink.