Nanashi

1x1 maybe?

"Well I'd fit right in if they just annoy you. Have I done so yet? " she stopped, looking ahead, they were close to the green now but still out of sight of the Dragon and the girl and the fox and the snake where busy in the shadows further back. Her voice became unusually soft. "Oh and yeah, I was just testing you. I remember the whole "hallucinating" thing. So..." She punched his shoulder mimicking her favorite character in her favorite movies. "That's for not being faster and keeping me from getting bit. But this-" She grabbed his shirt and yanked him in close, lips meeting his for a good forty five seconds before letting him go. "Is for saving my sorry ass from that snake." And with that she turned and jogged to the grass and flopped down in the light like nothing happened.

Ryu set her down on the ground near a clear clean stream and preceded to stick his head in the water as his tail wiggled comically. The tip of his horns and his hair broke the surface but the rest of his face was under water. He seemed to be blowing bubbles like a child dose in their drink with a straw.

Xipilli headed back feeling quite warm finally. He picked up the skull and handed it back to ashen. He winced when the fox said he broke a leg sounding like he was going to cry. "I...didn't mean to break your leg either... I'm really sorry about that..." He was most of the way to the correct opening when he stops and scooped ashen into a hug. He held him like that, his tongue flickered out tickling his neck. "Where are you in the winter time, you're better then a heat lamp... and you're soft." He rubbed his ears even though he was in his "human" shape. He carried him to the grass and set him down, curling in the sun. "I would repay you for that. Thanks again...." He promptly went to sleep.

Llyr shook his head in response when Mosi asked if she had annoyed him yet, pausing beside her when he noticed that she had stopped. He blinked at the sudden change in tone, barely reacting to the punch, minus a slightly confused glance. It reminded him of a movie that Rose had made him watch with her once, but if she was making a reference to that, then... Llyr's thoughts came to an abrupt halt when his suspicions were sort of confirmed and suddenly, Mosi was kissing him. Even when she pulled away, he still hadn't completely recovered from his shock, and only blinked a few times, trying to process what just happened. It was only when Mosi was gone that he blushed. He, the reaper which had weaker emotions compared to practically anyone, was blushing. Said reaper hid his face behind his hands, attempting to recover from that before joining the others.

Rose giggled slightly at Ryu blowing bubbles, pulling her knees up to her chest and wrapping her arms around them as she watched him. She glanced over at Mosi when she entered, smiling slightly at the shifter as she flopped down, before looking up, staring at the sky. After a few moments, though, she looked over as Llyr entered the clearing, followed soon by Xipilli and Ashen. It seemed like everyone was just relaxing now that they didn't seem to be in danger, and it was nice.

Ashen cradled the skull, brushing some of the ashes off of it, which really only ended up smearing it. He shrugged in response to the boa. "Once again, worse has happened to me," he responded. The fox adjusted his grip on the skull when he was picked up and hugged, pressing slightly into his hand when his ears were scratched, a noise similar to purring coming from the fox. He didn't see much use in answering the question, because it varied quite a bit. He watched as the snake put him down and then went to sleep, before turning his attention to the others. Kitty was lying on the grass, birdy was sitting by a tree and keeping an eye on everyone, mouse was watching the dragon... Blow bubbles in the water, and the snake was napping. The kitsune chuckled slightly to himself at all of this as he shifted so that he sat cross-legged, placing the skull in his lap.

((Two points for Mosi in getting the black bird to blush! xd.png))

Ryu used his tail to take off his jacket he took back from rose when his shirt was torn up. He slipped into the water entirely and after a moment, burst up and struck a pose making the water he squirted from his mouth fork like his tongue and hit two spots beside the fox but never really touching him. Then he shook his hair getting rose wet. "The water is clean guys! Don't tell me you're not thirsty in the slightest! "

Mosi shifted them pounced on the Dragon, the two splashing around in the stream. A streak of tan and she was by Llyr shaking herself off before promptly licking his cheek with her rough tongue and flopping beside him rolling in the grass purring.

And Xipilli slept in the sun through it all...

Ashen jolted as the water came too close for his liking, giving it a distasteful glance. As soon as the dragon had finished, he moved farther away from the stream, deciding not to take his chances. Even though it wouldn't do anything bad to him, minus soak him and make it harder to summon his fox-fire, he still didn't want to be anywhere near it. Mostly because wet fur was not a fun thing, and sure, he could just evaporate it all off of him, but that took effort, and the fox may or may not have been a bit lazy.

Rose laughed as she was covered in water from Ryu, finding his enthusiasm rather cute. She waited until the lung naga and the puma shifter were out of the water before standing up and approaching the water, kneeling beside it and cupping her hands before filling them with water. She drank carefully, a bit of it spilling out, not that she minded. At least she knew where the water down here came from, not that she was really wondering before.

Llyr watched with disinterest, relaxing slightly. At least, until Mosi came over and shook the water off of herself, and then proceeded to lick his cheek and flop down. He blinked, startled again, and felt a slight heat rise to his cheeks. Hoping it wouldn't be too noticeable, but having a feeling that it was, he instead let out a sigh, stretching out his legs and watching Mosi out of a lack of other things to do, as well as... He didn't mind watching her. Her purring was comforting as well.

((Four points!))

Ryu went under again enjoying his element being clean and untainted. he then floated along the stream diving under for pretty stones, which he hoards.

((Three, she made him blush during the "hallucinations"))

Mosi scooted to Llyr and lay her big head on his lap purring be falling asleep like that.

"And running out of ideas, skip an hour of rest?"))

((Woops. ^^' And sure!))

Rose continued watching Ryu for a while, before curling up on her side and deciding to take a short nap. She drifted off rather quickly and easily. When she awoke, she wasn't sure how much time had passed, exactly; Only that there was grass now stuck in her hair. She sat up, stretching, before gently taking everything she could out.

Llyr had been dozing off for quite a while, when he was brought to full attention by someone moving around. He glanced over to find that it was just Ashen, who... The reaper didn't actually know what the kitsune was doing, and wasn't sure if he wanted to know. Out of a lack of other things to do, though, he continued to watch the fox.

Ashen, meanwhile, had stood up, taking the skull with him of course, and started walking around the clearing, after sitting for quite some time. He examined the stone arch of sorts, reaching out to gently place a hand on one of the sides, before quickly withdrawing as he felt a rush of energy. It wasn't the kind that he ate, no. Just something powerful, that grew when you came in contact with it, sending slight shivers down his spine. His hand tingled where it had touched the stone.

Ryu had gotten out and curled loosely around her. In the pit, his scales had lost their luster, turning pale lime green, and his hair lank and dull from the lack of clean air. Now they both seem to shimmer like waves on a lake. The color seemed to darken and his hair was glimmering silver. He woke when the fox moved around.

The puma had taken up most of the lap, She stirred when the reaper shifted and blinked open her yellow green eyes before yawning, showing gleaming white six inch fangs. She stretched, extending her claws as she did so before lumbering over to the river to drink.

Xipilli was the last one up. He unrolled himself leisurely and let loose a great yawn before sitting up.

Rose turned her attention to Ryu as he woke up, her breath slightly catching as she saw him look like... Well, like he was healthy, and like he did when they first met. Noticing this made her smile a bit. "Seems like e-everyone's waking u-up. I guess that, um, that means we'll be continuing soon?" Although it was worded like a statement, it sounded more like a question. And it was, she supposed, though she wasn't sure if Ryu would know the answer to it.

The reaper watched Mosi, before standing up, stumbling slightly when he discovered one of his feet were numb. Using the tree for support, he stretched as well, before walking over to the river as well, careful not to trip or stumble anymore, and instead keeping most of his weight on his other foot. It was awkward, but Llyr ignored it in favor of crouching by the river and doing the same cupped-hands thing Rose did earlier, though with less spilled out than she had.

Ashen turned his attention to the others as they all began waking up, backing away from the arch. He turned and walked over to Xipilli, humming to himself as he did so. "This place is rather interesting," he stated, sitting beside the snake. "Kind of wonder how it came to be. Especially in a place like this."

Ryu didn't answer rose. Instead he sat on his hunches, tilting his head from one side to the next. He was a blur as he suddenly appears next to the arch. He touched it, feeling the stone. He nodded to himself. "Thought so. This place was created by the elder council. The original founders. My mother was one of them. Her power keeps this place like this, residual, but still strong. Other people made it too can't tell what kind though... There's few elders alive still, but mother keeps in contact with them. If I can get a hold of her, she'll notify the others and perhaps review our cases." He said softly.

Mosi stretched again and shifted back. "Aww, did I make a leg numb?" she said in a faux pout, sticking out her lower lip. "I'm sorry, I was just so comfy I didn't want to move..."

Xipilli blinked sleepily at the fox nodding, not really hearing him but was still in wake-up mode.

Ashen turned his attention to Ryu, rather than the sleepy snake, when the dragon began speaking as he touched the arch. His ears turned slightly, and he tapped a finger on the skull in his grasp in thought. "Good to know that the elder council decided a giant crack in the Earth's surface was a good place to build a gateway of some sort," the fox muttered to himself, eyeing the stone arch with a bit of amusement. He knew that there was probably a reason behind it, yes, but also, there was a chance that his comment would annoy Ryu, and while he may have mostly stopped bothering everyone, it just wouldn't be right for him to ignore a chance to.

Rose watched as Ryu moved, blinking as he became a blur and was suddenly by the arch. She pulled her legs up her her chest once more, resting her chin on her knees as she listened to Ryu's explanation, or maybe he was just stating what he noticed out loud without any real reasoning, as to what this place was. It made sense, at least. ...And then Ashen spoke, and she wasn't even surprised by his words, seeing as he seemed to enjoy trying to get under everyone's skin.

Llyr stared at her blankly for a moment, before sighing heavily. "It's disturbing when you do that," he deadpanned, sitting back. "Looks unnatural. Though not everyone would notice that." Oh dear, the souls were 'active' again.

Ryu tilted his head. His comment didn't affect the Dragon at all. "I don't....understand...." He looked at rose to see if got what the fox was trying to say.

Mosi got another slow Cheshire grin. "Oh, but you did Byakuya. I saw you blush the other day.... I'm growing on you huh? " she poked his nose playfully.

Xipilli watched everyone before going to get a drink of water, skipping the hands and sipping it straight from the stream.

((Sorry for the while it took for me to respond!))

"I believe he's trying to make fun of the elder council's choices," Rose explained. "...Since where we are right now is practically a crack in the ground, and if they created it..." She trailed off. "And the arch is a gateway. Likely to where we came from, or close to it," Ashen added on after a moment.

Llyr stared at Mosi for a moment, before responding. "Maybe you are." He turned his attention back to the stream, watching it flow past them and further down. "...You're a mystery to me sometimes," he quietly stated, resting his chin on his hand as he changed how he was sitting so that he was cross-legged.

Ashen turned his attention to Xipilli as the snake moved, going silent for a bit as he watched, not having much else to do. Finally, he let out a huff, lifting his feet off of the ground as he began floating again. It looked almost as if he was sitting on air. With a skull on his lap, of course; He didn't want to lose the skull. Although, it occurred to him that if anyone spotted them but didn't recognize him when they escaped, carrying a skull around was rather suspicious. ...Ah, well. He could make up some story about it, worst comes to worst.

Mosi kissed his cheek. "Hon, that's a complement to me. Now what are we waiting for? Let's go!" she hopped up and went through the archway.

Ryu was going to say something but she already disappeared in the black. "She isn't one to exercise caution is she? Rose dear you coming?" He turned to look at her. "this place was likely made from the inside out, so the makers had to have some way of getting out. If they hadn't, I wouldn't have been born. Now I would like to leave this place, it is draining my energy levels and I'm sure Ashen can agree with me it is hard to find pure energy sources around here. I need sun and air. It's still musty and no direct sunlight. Come on..." He waved the others to come over.

Xipilli slid over to them. "Quote Shakespeare's hamlet. People would think you're an art student with a plastic skull."

Llyr was about to respond, but was unable to find the words, as... He really was not expecting Mosi to kiss his cheek. He was frozen for a moment, before sighing and shaking his head, muttering something about how he'd never understand her, before rising to his feet. He glanced around at the group, before heading through the archway himself.

Rose nodded, quickly standing up and stumbling a bit, as she had stood up too fast. She was still for a moment, regaining her balance, before approaching Ryu. "This place... I-It's history i-is rather i-interesting," she noted. She hesitated, glancing over at the archway, before deciding she might as well- Llyr and Mosi had already went through, after all- and darted through it before Ryu could stop her.

She sort of regretted it, when she ended up dizzy and lying on the ground near Llyr and Mosi, and in some unknown place. She slowly pushed herself into a sitting position, and then she stood up and looked around. It was a bit of distance away from the abyss, and also slightly hidden by a circle of rocks. The sunlight shone down on them, something that she had missed.

Ashen paused, following Xipilli, and placed his feet back on the ground. He lifted the skull to look at it in the face, and feigned distress. "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy," he quoted, looking upon the skull with sadness. That quickly vanished when he lowered the skull, smirking slightly. "That's easy enough. Now then, Ryu's right- The only energy I've gotten from here was from criminals, and even that stuff has a weird taste. Though it still does the trick." He grinned at the snake. "Nagas first," he said, gesturing to the archway with a slight bow. He glanced at Ryu as well, as the two of them were both nagas, and he was therefore technically speaking to both of them.

Ryu didn't hesitate as he scampered after rose. The sun didn't bother him, having three eyelids, one normal, one clear for keeping dust and water from his eyes, and another tinted for sunlight. This one he has lowered. He looks around to get his bearings. Normally he can find the nearest source of water and know what direction it flows and where it is located. He's basically a walking GPS.

Xipilli slithered after the Dragon slowly, hissing when he reached sunlight.

Mosi had her hands over her eyes, which where tiny slits in spring bud yellow green. "I really shouldn't have ran"

There was a river towards the south, only about a few miles away from the area they were at now. It was flowing towards the north-west area, leading to a small wooded area; Following it upstream would lead to an area closer to town, although it wouldn't lead directly to it.

Rose was squinting at the light, but the discomfort was a very small price to pay, in her opinion. She glanced over at Ryu as he followed, her eyes slowly adjusting, before looking around once more as everyone arrived. There was no real sign of how they got back up, as the 'gateway' closed behind them, although she figured that it was still there, just invisible to the eye. ...But she was only guessing, as she couldn't sense the energy like some of the others were able to.

Ashen glanced around the place one last time, before walking through the archway, following the rest out. The sunlight was a very, very welcome change, especially considering that he had always preferred heat to the cold, and he let out a contented groan as it hit him, his eyes adjusting to the light somewhat quickly. He cradled the skull in his arms as he looked around, not quite recognizing the place they had ended up. "Feels good to be in the sunlight again," he muttered.

"You also shouldn't have jumped into the abyss, but it seems you have a habit of both grand entrances and exits," Llyr replied, although it wasn't said in a cruel tone, just an amused one.

Aaaaa sorry!!))

Ryu looked around to get his bearings. "I can probably swing by my place and get supplies for us, food water and such. " He stated. "There's an alchemy bowl too I need to get some water from. I can communicate with my mother and get our cases reviewed.... or..... guys! I have a brilliant idea!"

Xipilli grinned. "you can say that again!"

Mosi looked shocked. "You found me out! That's my secret talent.." she whispers then laughed and jumped on his back. "My eyes hurt. Carry me again. You smell really nice. Oh...." she whispers in his ear. "And I remember everything when I woke up the first time after being poisoned."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((It's perfectly fine! I understand that you're busy. ^^))

Rose blinked. "Are you sure you can get there without being caught...?" she asked hesitantly, not wanting Ryu to be thrown back into the abyss, or worse. Because while they could escape from the abyss... If they were to kill him... She didn't want to finish the thought.

Ashen chuckled at the snake's response, before turning his attention to the dragon. "What's your idea? ...And does it involve deceiving people of authority? Or anyone at all, really." He sort of doubted it would, because the lung naga was far too nice, but there was always a chance. And he hadn't done enough tricking lately, not really.

The reaper flushed slightly at the mention of what had happened, before adjusting Mosi slightly to carry her better. "As you wish, princess," he responded, glancing over at Ryu as he announced that he had an idea. "And good to know you like the smell of death." Well, not death exactly. More like what had been described as 'funeral home' by multiple people. He waited for Ryu to answer the kitsune's question, or for Mosi to continue the conversation. Whichever one came first, really.

((Argh! I need to rant !))

"I will need your help ash to cause a distraction to any police watching my house. But, you see, humans fall under a different category of laws then shifters do. Human reporters have unlimited resources they can tap into, but natural and supernatural. Supernatural people have been limited to only supernatural stories. Now I work for a news company and we're all a family there. They probably already heard about me and are doing research to prove my innocence, and if you allow them, they can look into your cases too. These they can get done faster and present the discrepancies to the elders. We get all of our names cleared sooner!" He explained

Xipilli nodded. "I'm in. I don't want to be stuck out in the wilderness again. I already miss my heated rock."

"I'm in too, mine would be like lightning with the footage from the junkyard. " she looked at Llyr. "Nah, you smell like those spices used by the Egyptian people when mummifing people and cats. They worship cats. Oh my middle name is bast, the goddess of cats and guardian of the underworld so... yeah, I don't mind death much."

((If you need, you can rant to me in a message. I don't mind.))

Ashen grinned widely at the dragon's words. "Well, I'll be more than glad to help you, then," he said, tracing one of the skull's eye sockets idly. "Creating distractions is what I do best, after all. And besides..." He lifted the skull, smirking at it, rather than Ryu. "...'Poor Yorick' here's gotta be used sometime." He turned his gaze back to the dragon, chuckling to himself and lowering the skull while he did so. This would definitely be fun, but something occurred to him. "Er... They won't pry too far into my information, will they?" he asked, pausing as his grin slipped. ...While there was nothing 'bad' there, he'd rather people not know too much. It made everything so much harder for him.

Somewhat absentmindedly, his temperature rose and he moved closer to Xipilli, basically offering his heat to the snake. ...Frankly, at this point, what he was doing could easily be seen as courting. Sharing food was a common thing between fox mates, and sharing energy probably counted as well.

Llyr raised an eyebrow at Mosi. "...That's odd, but there's been stranger things." He turns his attention to Ryu. "While mine might be more difficult, as I'll have to sneak into the Reaper Headquarters and ask the blacksmith, and check on the souls as well, if any of them can do anything, then it'd be appreciated." He let out a slight sigh at all of the work, simply because it was difficult to get into the Headquarters on an average day, and... Now? He didn't even work there anymore. It'd be a bit harder now, and your average person, or creature of any sort, couldn't grab the souls like reapers.

Rose paused, glancing around. "Well, i-if i-it's not too much trouble... T-Though, seeing a-as mine i-is tied i-in with Llyr's, i-it might be sort o-of difficult a-as well." She fiddled with the bottom of her vest, keeping her gaze on it.

" Not if you don't want them too. They like to snoop but they know to respect a kitsune. And yes, yours and rose's will be difficult but they can find out a bit more info or discrepancies in the trial rather than what happened. They'll do that for all of us. But only if you guys are willing." He said softly.

Xipilli curled around him without knowing what exactly he was doing. The Fox was warm, and he liked heat, but he also knows he needs the energy to shift. So he gathered the best plants for kindling and using a rock against his obsidian tail blade, made a tiny fire, adding more bits of dry grass and needles to make white smoke. It was small, but he hoped it was enough.

"It's fine with me. And there's nothing I'm trying to hide, so they can snoop all they want," Llyr responded. Rose looked up at Ryu. "A-And i-it's fine with me too! I, ah, I have nothing to hide e-either, so..." she trailed off, averting her gaze once more. Llyr glanced over at her and, adjusting Mosi so that he had a free hand, reached into his sweater pocket while walking over to her. With a closed hand, he held his fist out to the human, who glanced up, slightly surprised, before holding her hands out, cupping them carefully. The reaper dropped something into them, and withdrew his hand. In the human's hands was... A ribbon? It was a lovely, dark shade of brown, with the slightest hint of red, similar to Rose's eyes, but otherwise, there didn't seem to anything special about it. ...Minus the fact that her face lit up in surprise and happiness when she saw it. "Thank you, Llyr!" she said with a smile. The reaper only nodded in response, supporting Mosi the best he could with both hands once more.

Ashen smirked. "Good; I'd rather not be the cause of some humans becoming scarred for life," he said, as if that was the real reason he was a bit concerned. He turned his attention to Xipilli as the snake curled around him, noticing him moving, and watched as the naga lit a small fire. Realizing why fairly quickly, the fox's eyes lit up and he brushed a tail through the flame. It darted down his tail, and was absorbed into the base, for lack of a better term. He sighed contently, the fire returning more energy than most things would. After all... Fire was his element. "Why, thank you, my little boa," he said with a wink.