Nanashi

1x1 maybe?

Rose recovered easily from the sudden switch to being on her feet, and took no offense to the almost-drop because this was much, much more important. She kept out of the way, only watching Mosi with slight concern. She hadn't even known her for that long, but no one deserved to look like this, and... Well, Llyr was practically family to her, and he seemed to like the female quite a bit. Even if he didn't show it as much. So that played a part in it as well.

Llyr watched carefully as the dragon worked. He was silent for a few moments after he finished, before nodding. He didn't bother checking how her soul was doing; He had used his 'soul-sight' enough times for today, and he really didn't want to use it again if he could avoid it. The aftereffects could get annoying after a while. "If you'll excuse me..." he said, turning on his heel. He began heading back to where he had left the... Thing. He still had a fight with it, after all, though he had a feeling it would mostly consist of him avoiding the venom and attempting to behead the naga. Or otherwise fatally injure him.

Ashen hummed as the snake cried, gently stroking his hair in a way he could recall humans doing to children when they cried sometimes. He watched the bird, cat, dragon, and mouse with disinterest, having seen things like this before. “The cat's not dead,” he mumbled to the snake, seeing that he wasn't watching, and figuring that it might help put him at ease. Or at least calm him down a bit. ”...She's still breathing.” The fox... Didn't completely mind comforting the snake. It was different, yes, but it was much better than being thrown by him(again).

Ryu took a defensive position over Mosi as Llyr walked away once more. He looked at rose and waved her over mimicking drawing the knife. When scent of blood was heavy, even the human can have get that coppery yet sickly smell in the air of blood and poison. They will need to be on guard for a while.

Ray had moved towards them, but he was slower without the last two feet of his tail to propel him. He couldn't raise his body up either, losing his balance as well with that part gone. So, he hissed from the ground up at the reaper. "I know what you think. I can still bite you with my head cut off! I highly doubt she'll make it.... my venom is very potent..." He said barring his teeth in a hideous grin as his tongue flicked out and tasted the air. "is.. that anger I smell? I thought your kind where emotionless shells that take souls.....I made a reaper mad! He threw his head back in a hissing laugh the dug his claws in and lunges at Llyr.

Xipilli calmed a little bit at the news but still whimpers and sobs into the silk. He still couldn't look. It hurt far too much to do so, seeing her hurt like this, the mighty cat brought low, it was to much to bear.

Rose nodded, drawing the borrowed knife and approaching Ryu and Mosi. The scent was a bit sickening to her, but it was preferable to some of the other things down here. And even if it wasn't, she wouldn't complain. Complaining was rather useless in her opinion, especially when done about things that couldn't be changed.

Llyr forced himself to stay calm. Mostly. He couldn't help the leftover emotions from seeing Mosi's soul in such a state, but he could ignore the snake's words- minus a quick, sarcastic "congratulations," when he mentioned he manged to make a reaper mad- because that's all they were; Words. Sounds, if he was being exact. And thanks to this, he was able to spot the snake preparing to lunge and step out of the way before he was hit... While holding his sickle out where he was previously standing. He was careful not to have the handle, and therefore his hand, near where the naga was trying to strike. Which also meant that the snake could easily end up avoiding the sickle entirely, but... Well, he was willing to take a chance. He was almost tempted to mention that the snake couldn't speak without a tongue, in response to the whole 'I can bite you with my head cut off' thing, but that would clue the snake in early, so he decided against it.

Ashen took the fact that Xipilli was now quieter as a sign he was succeeding in calming him, partially. ...Slightly. Considering how badly he failed the previous time, though, he considered this a success. Continuing to... Sort of comb his hair with his fingers, the fox's humming trailed off and stopped as he stared down at the top of the other male's head. "...Hey, what's your favorite color?" he suddenly asked. "If you feel like answering. And are able to talk. If not, that's fine," he quickly added on, realizing that the snake might still have a few problems talking. If not, though, distracting him might help with calming him down. He knew it worked with some people. And if it didn't, no harm done. Hopefully.

"I admire your strength. Most humans I know would've broken down long ago. You are quite a strong woman. " Ryu said softly, mostly to calm her nerves with conversation, well hers and his own.

Ryu swerved, but one tip of his tongue got sliced from the sharp blade. He screeched and lunges at his feet planing to bite his leg, but he was blind with anger and bloodlust. He wouldn't see his movement as quickly or the flash of the sickle. His rage and arrogance would be his undoing.

Xipilli sniffed and managed to choke out a few words. "Violet... like lilacs...." He curled around the fox leaning against his hand and chest. Ashen fingering his hair seemed to calm him little by little as well.

"A-Ah, you think so...? I'm just trying not to be a burden to anyone," Rose responded. "There's not much I can do down here, after all..." She paused. "...But I don't think there's much that any of us can do down here right now, minus try to find a way out. And try to survive."

Llyr stepped aside once more, quicker, which also led to him nearly stumbling. As graceful as he usually was, he also usually had his emotions completely cut off so he could focus on just the battle. At least his thoughts were easy to ignore. ...And it seemed like Ray was doing even worse than the reaper was, considering just how clumsy his movements seemed now in comparison to before- Though, that might have also been because the snake was missing quite a bit of his tail. Either way, the reaper wasn't about to miss an opportunity to try to injure him again. He aimed for the snake's body this time, rather than the tail or the head; After all, any injuries there would make it a bit more painful for the snake to move, even if he didn't manage to cause a wound that might be fatal.

Ashen hummed in thought, paying no mind to the fact that the snake had curled around him. "A bit like your eyes, then? It's definitely a pretty color, though I have to admit, you're prettier. Though, you aren't a color," he said with a slight smirk. Sure, most people would frown upon flirting in this sort of situation, but he wasn't 'most people'. He was a rather flirtatious fox.

"That is what makes you strong. You don't want to be a burden so you try to stand for yourself. Don't let anyone else, or even you doubt the fact that you're strong, brave and beautiful...." He flushed and coughed tail flicking realizing what he said. "Dear me, I really should learn how to hold my tongue. Quite sorry for that outburst.. I do have a bad habit of saying what is on my mind when nervous."

The sickle sliced Ray's shoulder and side as he face planted in the dirt. It took him a moment to lift his head with a string of hissed curses and snarling. He pushed himself up with his arms shaking. Venom and blood soaked the soil as he glared up at him. He swayed before attempting another attack, trying for the legs again.

The Naga sniffed and nodded at his question about the color matching his eyes before looking up at the fox, flushed with surprise. "You think I'm pretty?" He choked out drawing away from the Fox's cloak and rubbing his eyes with a sniff.

Rose's face felt like it was burning for probably the tenth time today. Ryu was really skilled at making her blush, wasn't he? A sudden burst of confidence ran through her at his words, though, and she gave him a small, shy smile. ”So... I'm on your mind, huh?” she asked. ...Well, there went the confidence she had. Her face went back to feeling like it was on fire. Actually, fire might have been colder, frankly. She sort of wanted to go to Ashen and ask, even if it was just for the sake of getting out of there before she embarrassed herself even more.

Llyr turned with the naga as he moved away, keeping a distance between the two of them while the venomous, injured creature tried to strike. How much venom did a snake have again? ...Enough that it'd take forever to get it all out, he figured at least. Ah, well, the reaper was slowly tiring himself out, which was difficult but he hadn't exactly actually taken a break, even when everyone else was. He needed to hurry this up, and he quickly realized that when the snake tried to attack him, the naga was slower to move in the middle of it. Figuring that he might be able to use this to his advantage, he got ready for him to strike again, planning to try to get his sickle into the snake's throat before he could get to him. Though he was also equally prepared to move out of the way instead, because he didn't know if he could actually manage to pull this off without losing a limb to the snake's venom. ...Well, if not, then he was sure that he could deal with a missing limb.

"Of course I do. I told you that when we first met, too," Ashen responded easily. "...Actually, I believe I called you handsome, but close enough," he added after a second of thought. "The point still stands, either way." He smirked at the naga, before conjuring up a small blue flame and drying his clothes off quickly, before his kimono started clinging to him. He allowed the foxfire to vanish after that.

Ryu made to say more then literally immobilized his thin tongue by clamping his teeth on it. Still, with his face the color of a ruby, he nods before grabbing his horns as if to stop his head from moving again.

((Mosi will be out until they're almost out of the abyss))

Once again the snake faltered and skidded before getting up again and lunging at him, he would die from blood loss if left alone and the reaper could tell his soul was slowly weakening.

Xipilli blushed, turning his cheeks more red, for they became flushed from crying before. "it seems like that was years ago and not..... I don't know how long it's been....sorry about that... " He said sniffling, the last bit referring to his wet kimono.

((I swear I didn't just forget about this. I just started public school again, so it's a bit harder for me to get the energy to respond, but I'll try to make the time between my posts shorter! ^^))

Rose's eyes widened at the dragon's reaction, before she giggled. Actually giggled. "Y-You know, you're kind of cute when you're embarrassed," she mumbled, averting her gaze with a small, shy smile. ...Hey, in her defense, she was just getting revenge of a sort on him for making her blush so often. And besides... It wasn't a lie. He really was cute when he was acting like this, though she worried that he'd end up injuring himself.

((Alright. ...This will be the perfect opportunity to lay the whole prank plan into place then, as well.))

The reaper took a deep breath in before holding his sickle out, the point facing just below the naga and swinging it up when he thought that the timing was right. And trying(successfully) to not think of what would happen if it wasn't.

"I'm no time kitsune, but I'm fairly sure it's only been half a day. Or a full day. ...If it was years, everyone would look a lot older, and probably be grumpier," Ashen responded. "And none of you have actually needed to eat anything yet, so it couldn't be much longer than a day or two." He nodded to himself, seemingly confident in his estimate. "Unless this place's time moves slower. Or quicker. ....Ah, well, it doesn't matter." The fox shrugged, his tails swishing behind him. "It's not a problem. You couldn't help it," he said in response to the snake's apology.

Ryu squeaked and snorted steam, his tongue still trapped and his antlers still clutched in his hands as his back claw scratched the ground shyly.

((Yes yes, indeed! biggrin.gif ))

Ray's hiss was cut short. The sickle sliced his throat and he fell to the ground his tail flipping around for a moment before being still.

Xipilli smiled a bit and snickered a little. it could've been easier to say you don't really know how long it's been. ..."

((Short post sorry! Can't think right now!))

Rose watched his reactions, and, still quite embarrassed, walked over to him. "You're going to hurt yourself if you keep that up," she mumbles, standing on her tip-toes and trying to reach his arms to pull them away from his horns. And not quite reaching, due to the height difference.

Llyr sighed, relieved, when the naga was down. Now came the easy part; Getting the soul. After finding that it didn't come out after a moment, he made a small cut near where he spotted the soul to help it out. As soon as it was out, he narrowed his eyes at the small, glowing orb. It would be so easy to just destroy it, and no one would ever know... But... He was always taught never to do that, no matter how bad the soul was. He hesitated, before taking it, and staring down at Ray's lifeless body. After a second, he began heading back to the group, his sickle changing back into the souls it was made of.

"Oh, but that's no fun. And besides, if I would have, then I wouldn't have gotten you to smile," Ashen responded with his usual smirk, pleased that he succeeded in his mission of sorts.

((It's fine; I get like that a lot too, so. ^^'))

He let go and shook his head, continuing to hold his tongue not wanting to embarrass himself or her anymore. He lifted up to his full height sniffing the air and squinting his eyes. He pointed and with air and water made a scythe over the river indicating the reaper was coming back. He looked at the limo cat still asleep and color gradually getting back very slowly.

Xipilli looked down, blushing slightly. "True.... you think black bird is ok?"

Rose was silent for a moment, before understanding what Ryu meant by the water scythe. "Ah, good... But Mosi isn't awake yet, is she...?" she mumbled to herself, switching her gaze to the cat. "...At least she looks better..." She was quiet for a second, before turning her gaze to a figure that began to approach.

Ashen chuckled at Xipilli's reaction. "Oh, of course. The birdy's not an easy one to kill, and if he was dead, I'm pretty sure that the dragon wouldn't be making a water scythe," he responded, gesturing to it before it fell. "...Speaking of the birdy...."

Llyr arrived back at the group. He glanced over everyone, his eyes lingering on Mosi a bit longer than the rest, his eyes turning a lighter shade for only a second as he checked on her soul. Finding that it was doing much better than he last saw it, he walked over to her. "When will it be safe to move her? This place is going to attract others."

Ryu leaned down and checked her pulse, setting a horn on her chest to hear her breath. He checked the wounds before looking at Llyr, bringing his tongue in his mouth to speak once more. "She is stable enough to be carried, but she won't wake any time soon. The venom brought her low. Her body needs to recover from near death." He said softly.

Xipilli looked at the water. "oh. I think we're moving now. The air here wreaks of death and blood. In the current state of our group... I don't think we'll survive another attack. Although, you probably would. You'd either burn anything to a crisp or slip out unseen..... you are a sly one that for sure."

Llyr nodded in understanding, before picking her up carefully, carrying her with an arm under her knees and his other around her back. Without another word, he began walking, shifting both his and Mosi's weight so that he could carry her for a longer amount of time without tiring himself out. He didn't know how long, exactly, they'd be walking until their next break, after all. And though he could probably get someone else to carry her... Well, he wasn't sure if the shifter was strong enough to attack people in her sleep again yet, and they didn't need anyone injured from a sleep-attacking woman.

Seeing as Llyr was beginning to move, and knowing the others would follow soon, Rose quickly began following behind the reaper, glancing around as she did so. Not that she could see much at all, but still.

"I'll take that as a compliment," Ashen said with a smirk. "Oh, and I'd probably do both. After all, best to leave a warning for anyone else who dares try to follow, right?" He chuckled as he began to walk, following the others as they began moving. "...Besides, it might distract them a bit, even if it's a bit harder to focus on keeping the flames under control and alive while fleeing..."

((*Internally squealing at Llyr and his protectiveness over Mosi* Admit that you find her attractive!I know you do! She's just as blunt as you are!*joins in with the souls* ))

When he shifted her, Mosi's head lay on his shoulder, near enough to his neck where he could feel her faint breath. Her eyes twitched once, faintly before she remained still once more.

Once again, the dragon walked along with her. He twiddled his thumb claws, keeping his eyes on the ground. Seeing one member near death and his medical supplies severely dwindling, a headache developing from too many tears having to be shed to heal wounds, he wanted to say something to rose but......

Xipilli slithered along with him. "I could understand that, swallowing something that's still moving is difficult... like a chicken. The feet still kick around and they have little sharp claws that hurt..." He shivers and rubbed his neck. "Or bores, they have those teeth, and bristles... it's like biting a pin cushion."

((I like it. We have: The fox, the snake, the dragon, the cat, black bird........and then there's rose.))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((All Llyr's going to hear in his head when he finally admits that he likes her is squealing and the souls shouting for joy. He's going to have such a headache from all of this.))

Llyr tried to ignore the feeling of her breath on his neck, though it did give him slight relief that the sight of her soul and Ryu's words weren't able to give him. After all, the dead didn't need to breathe. ...But the souls were getting louder at the fact that he had noticed even just this small little fact, which was why he was trying to ignore it. The souls weren't even trying to be quiet at this point.

"...Ryu? Are you, um, are you okay?" Rose asked, noticing the dragon was a bit quieter than before, as well as he seemed a bit troubled. "...If you want, um, I-I'm not sure how, but... If I can help in any way... I can try," she offered. "...I mean, I know I-I can't do much, but, um..." She trailed off, unsure where she was going with this, before she quickly realized her error. "E-Er! I mean, um, I can d-do a bit, but, ah, I don't k-know if anything c-could help!" she quickly corrected, remembering the multiple conversations they had in which Ryu told her to, basically, be a bit more confident in herself.

"I'd imagine so. ...Ever ate a porcupine? Those things would probably ruin your insides." Ashen paused, glancing over at the other two groups of two. "...Are you serious...?" he muttered, narrowing his eyes. "Just how oblivious are all of you?" he asked, louder, staring at the dragon and the mouse specifically, seeing as the other group was made of an unconscious cat and a blackbird who probably didn't even realize how he was acting. "Just kiss already!" He grinned impishly, holding back his laughter as Rose's face turned red at his words. Llyr only sent him a glare, which he ignored, because he'd bug those two later, when the cat was awake. Or maybe he could trick him in some other way...? A plan came to mind, but he'd have to wait for the perfect opportunity or else it wouldn't work.

((Who has been dubbed the mouse by Ashen! He just hasn't really paid much attention to her in a while, because blackbirdy's more fun to torment in his opinion, if a bit more likely to try to injure him.))

(( biggrin.gif yes, yes he will))

At ashen's words he leaped into the air biting his tongue to keep quiet. He let it go to say a few words before returning to silence. "It isn't you. I'm fine, thank you for your concern."

Xipilli wrapped his tail around the fox, quickly kissed him before slithering up to rose in a blur of white and green. He didn't know why he was attracted to trouble makers he just was. He flicked out his tongue and grinned humming to himself.

"...I-If you're sure," Rose said in response once she managed to recover enough from Ashen's words. "...Just... If there ever is anything..." She trailed off, deciding that she should just be quiet, since it didn't seem like Ryu really wanted to talk, and she wasn't going to press him.

Ashen was about to 'boo' when no one kissed when he felt a tail wrapping around him and pressure on his lips. Neither of them lasted very long, as the culprit released him and went to Rose's side, but it still wasn't something that the fox was expecting. ...Not that he minded. He smirked at the snake's back, licking his lips. "Well now, the snake's getting more interesting than before," he mumbled to himself, his eyes shining with amusement. "...Now, where was I? Oh, right." The fox fake-pouted at Rose and Ryu and 'boo'ed at the two. "I see no kissing from you two!" Another glare from Llyr, who found all of this rather silly, considering everything that was happening. ...Frankly, he didn't even understand why the snake actually kissed the fox. Creatures with normal emotions were strange.

((Who needs souls who talk in your head when you have Ashen telling people to kiss, and not giving up until they do?))

Ryu snapped. "This isn't the time for that stuff! I don't think you give a damn about us, but we are running low on medical supplies and one of us nearly died! Romance isn't at the top of my mind, getting out while staying alive is! It's time to do something that I haven't done in a long time..." He swooped down and grabbed a rock, sharpening his filed talons while flying.

"Black bird shouldn't kiss Mosi. She insists on being the one to give the first kiss. Besides, she's asleep and hurt. She'd consider it rude. I know you are trying to play matchmaker, but that's a one way ticket in getting your pretty white pelt made into boots. I wouldn't want to see that.."

"Oh, I wasn't referring to the birdy and the cat. Besides, I don't feel like being stabbed by Llyr again," Ashen said. "...And while you could consider this 'playing matchmaker', in reality, I'm just looking for some entertainment. The dragon's partially right when he says that I don't give a damn about any of you." ...He wasn't too keen on the thought of someone else hurting them, especially the snake, now. The fox might have been a cold- ironic, in his opinion, seeing as he was a fire kitsune- and heartless creature, but he was a bit possessive over his 'toys'. Not enough to bother anyone too much, but enough for it to bother him when someone else broke them, or tried to.

Rose flinched when Ryu swooped down, not completely sure what he was doing. A thought came to mind; If all Ashen wanted was entertainment... She turned and walked back to the fox, who gave her a questioning glance. "What do you need, little mouse?" he asked. Rose didn't respond vocally- not at first, at least- and instead reached into her vest and took a small metal puzzle out- One of the ones that were made up of two different, identical pieces, and you had to get the two separated. "You... You said y-you wanted e-entertainment, right?" she sort of explained. The fox blinked, before taking the puzzle from her, eyeing it. After a moment, he grinned. "Domo arigato. Thank you, little mouse," he said. The human nodded in response before hurrying back to her spot.

...Llyr just sort of started ignoring the fox, because he only seemed to do it for the attention. And if he didn't get it, then he might eventually give up, which would save them a lot of effort, along with keeping him from ticking all of them off once more.

"I love those mind things. So.. what did you do rose? I think you said before but I can't remember exactly. What cha doing Dragon?" He looked up at Ryu.

Ryu was floating along, a grating scraping sound from the rock on his claws, although the rock was wearing down and he only had one sharp. "Trying to get my claws sharp but they are diamond hard.... unless I have a diamond file I can't sharpen them."

"O-Oh, I-I was a, um, a waitress, i-if that's what you're referring to," Rose responds. "...Well, to be more a-accurate, I was the o-owner. ...But we didn't have, ah, have many o-other e-employees, so me a-and Llyr were u-usually running i-it... But since i-it wasn't the busiest little cafe, i-it was e-easy e-enough to manage with o-only two people." She looked up at Ryu as well, but stayed quiet, as she had nothing to say.

Ashen began trying to solve the little puzzle. Although it wouldn't take him much effort usually, he wasn't completely trying, because he wanted to make sure it'd last a bit longer than a minute. Well, that and he was also somewhat subtly listening to the others speak. After all, he didn't like not knowing what was going on around him. Especially considering he wasn't sure if he'd be able to learn any of this otherwise, seeing how little most of them trusted him. ...With good reason, of course, but still.

" Oh, I understand. Mosi and me where co-owners in a souvenir shop and flower shop combined. I ran the Flower shop. i know every kind of floral and more out there. I bet you never failed to put a smile on a customer's face!" He grinned.

Ryu had scooped up several rocks and only had finished one hand after a long while, ignoring the chatting, he had two fingers done and only needed three more to be finished when he stopped. "Draw your weapon llyr... Snake fox, watch over the ladies....." He said lowly before flying ahead of them and roaring. "Devorin! Even you would know of the Dynast Family! I have this group under my protection! you'd be a fool to attack them or me, Ryu Dynast, direct decedent of Han and Tang Dynast! You know the West is older, wiser and more powerful then the East!" He bore his teeth, all of them including the thick hooked molars in the back of his mouth and a long white pointed tongue. the sound of wing beats overhead, and his head swiveled as if following it.

((i has been wanting to do a showdown. can i please or should i wait?))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf