Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

A name that you would give a person, or a dragon -- Bob, Ferdinand, Fred, Barney, Fido, whatever. All with one upper case letter followed by lower case.

Blood swap generally means a dragon of the same breed with the same breeds of mother and father, but unrelated to the dragon being traded.

Thanx. But what's the matter of how dragon is named? Who would name their dragon Bob anyway? I thought you can't transfer named hatches.

They are talking about the code of the egg/hatchling looking like a name, not the egg/hatchling having a name.

Sorry if I'm not explaining well. :(

Edited by purplehaze

3 minutes ago, Aries_Wild_Child said:

Thanx. But what's the matter of how dragon is named? Who would name their dragon Bob anyway? I thought you can't transfer named hatches.

so in this case they want an EGG CODE that resembles a name, like Leroy.

You can not transfer/trade named hatchies

*Edit: sniped by purplehaze lol

Edited by IzzyCat91

1 minute ago, IzzyCat91 said:

so in this case they want an EGG CODE that resembles a name, like Leroy.

You can not transfer/trade named hatchies

*Edit: sniped by purplehaze lol

I maybe will regret to ask, but... How egg codes work? I though there is one way of trading, you post an offer and they return a hatch or an egg. What are those codes for?

29 minutes ago, Aries_Wild_Child said:

I maybe will regret to ask, but... How egg codes work? I though there is one way of trading, you post an offer and they return a hatch or an egg. What are those codes for?

the codes are randomly generated as the eggs are created.  it's a five-digit code that can have any combination of numbers, and upper or lower case letters.

some time ago, i got a dragon with a randomly-generated "Eches" code (https://dragcave.net/view/Eches), so that's what i named him.  i also have a 'Caron' dragon, but her code that was randomly generated is 'caRoN.'  there are people who would like the code to have the look of a name, like 'Caron' instead.

and yes, the way to trade is you post the offer, and someone offers you what they want to give you for it.  the main reason people ask for the 'blood swap' is so they have unrelated dragons on their scroll.  while related dragons can breed (there's no game mechanics preventing related dragons to breed), there are also people who don't want an egg from a brother and sister.  everyone has their own style of gameplay, and this is some of them. 

Edited by trystan

Most codes are "gibberish"--that is, they aren't real words or names.  Some people like codes that resemble or are real words or names.

Pretty uncommon, what's more common is to get a partial word or name code.  Something like a 2 or 3 letter word in a code somewhere.  Getting 5 letters in a row that's a word tends to be worth more to people who care, and sometimes you can get 2 words in a code.

It doesn't do anything special, but some people find it fun to collect them and will trade you some really great stuff for them.

Same thing for certain lineages, or if somebody is looking for CBs of certain breeds.  It's all up to personal taste, really.

13 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Here's a couple of mine - I wasn't collecting; it just happened.

and you DIDN'T use their code in their names? sounds like a SCAM to me XD 

I didn't even NOTICE until I was using Egg drop soup one day !

Question: What is a "BSA bundle"?

I've seen it referred to, but I am missing something here

45 minutes ago, newtinmpls said:

Question: What is a "BSA bundle"?

BSA = breed specific action - like reds, pinks, purples, dragons that do stuff to eggs. A 'bundle' is a bunch of either eggs or hatchies of those breeds, offered in a trade setting.

10 minutes ago, LostinEcho said:

Hello, guys ! Which kind of dragon means: 

2G SAlt
what is Salt?
thank u:)

SAlt = Spriter's Alt, the specially coloured version that the person who designed/sprited the dragon receives, like Penk the pink tinsel. Many players collect descendants of alts.

On 1/28/2023 at 11:39 PM, trystan said:

the codes are randomly generated as the eggs are created.  it's a five-digit code that can have any combination of numbers, and upper or lower case letters.

some time ago, i got a dragon with a randomly-generated "Eches" code (https://dragcave.net/view/Eches), so that's what i named him.  i also have a 'Caron' dragon, but her code that was randomly generated is 'caRoN.'  there are people who would like the code to have the look of a name, like 'Caron' instead.

and yes, the way to trade is you post the offer, and someone offers you what they want to give you for it.  the main reason people ask for the 'blood swap' is so they have unrelated dragons on their scroll.  while related dragons can breed (there's no game mechanics preventing related dragons to breed), there are also people who don't want an egg from a brother and sister.  everyone has their own style of gameplay, and this is some of them. 

Well that's completely pointless. Since you can name the dragon after adopting it.

What's with the people here, such a huge demands. Not bred, cave born, not this code, that code, not this parent, that parent... They all looks the same and have the same purpose - stay at your scroll and do absolutely nothing.

12 minutes ago, Aries_Wild_Child said:

Well that's completely pointless. Since you can name the dragon after adopting it.

What's with the people here, such a huge demands. Not bred, cave born, not this code, that code, not this parent, that parent... They all looks the same and have the same purpose - stay at your scroll and do absolutely nothing.

you can name the dragon however you want, as long as it's within the naming rules, actually. :D and everyone has different naming styles, as well - including me.

different people have different styles of game play, and however you wish to play is completely up to you. :D

Of course it is. But making it more complicated since it's not, again, what's the point? Someone would decline a dragon or abandon it because it's called one way not the other, It's idiotic. People are just trying to make their life harder or what? 😅

Just now, Aries_Wild_Child said:

Someone would decline a dragon or abandon it because it's called one way not the other

if you're going to trade or abandon the dragon, you need to un-name it first, actually.

11 minutes ago, trystan said:

if you're going to trade or abandon the dragon, you need to un-name it first, actually.

I can un-name it? Still I have to give it some name, I can't return to the system name.

Edited by Aries_Wild_Child

7 minutes ago, Aries_Wild_Child said:

I can un-name it? Still I have to give it some name, I can't return to the system name.

nope, you can unname it.  it'll display as the (code1) when you do.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

SAlt = Spriter's Alt, the specially coloured version that the person who designed/sprited the dragon receives, like Penk the pink tinsel. Many players collect descendants of alts.

Thank u:)))

4 hours ago, Aries_Wild_Child said:

If I am building a lineage and need to fill a space in it - say, this one:

image.png.8f94780d2ea71a6ed72629c432676530.png

And I breed an identical one to this to fill the second gen:

image.png.86cb0bd3d0906dde3cd103ff9b9696b7.png

I will put it up for trade and ask for a blood swap to make the linage work without inbreeding. You clearly wouldn't; you'd just look for another truffle. You collect sprites; many of us build lineages. That's fine - but it wouldn't work for me, so I will ask for a bloodswap - and if you don't have one, you wouldn't offer. We all play differently.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

wow…anyway.

how does one block a user on here (forums) btw?  I’m on the mobile version so idk if it’s a setting I’m not seeing? 

Edited by mishhelle

@Fuzzbucket I think you left in an uncensored image by mistake. (But that's such a pretty combo. And now I kind of wish lineages displayed top down like that.)

@mishhelle I had to find it on desktop first, but go to the dropdown menu at the top right, click on Account, then click on Ignored Users. There's a place to type in the username you want to block (it will sort of auto-fill, the same way it does when tagging someone in a post). Then I think you can choose how much you want to block (I only have some large signatures blocked, not full users, so I'm not sure what the options are from there).