Evangeline

Roleplaying

I still roleplay when I can, though I used to live and breathe it back in the day. There was a site with chat-based RP (formerly ISRP), but once it went down and moved to another site, it became very cliquey. No one interacts with you if they don't know you, so I abandoned that probably about 5 years ago. My playing has, thankfully, improved by leaps and bounds since then.

Nowadays I do forum-based (though I'd hardly call it para - I can't write for length to save my life, though the DM does often drop walls of text), and one-on-ones revolving around those roleplays.

I don't know what LARP is, but I do roleplay. Not on here, though I've tried. I just have a lot going on and often drop out of role plays, especially if there is more than 2 people in said role play. I just prefer a 2 person role play and my replies tend to take a story-form format.

I've roleplayed as several characters and enjoy both hero and villain roles. recently, some of my favorite characters to play are Genesis, Zack Fair, Demyx, Axel, Maleficent, Colonel Jack O'Neill, and Yuffie. Oddly enough, I tend to play male characters better, but I did grow up as a tomboy so, meh. *shrugs* cool.gif

I'm currently in the middle of a role play with a friend and it's one of the best (and longest) I've ever done. biggrin.gif

Edited by Syiren

LARP stands for Live Action Role-Playing UwU

A live action role-playing game (LARP) is a form of role-playing game where the participants physically act out their characters' actions. The players pursue goals within a fictional setting represented by the real world while interacting with each other in character. The outcome of player actions may be mediated by game rules or determined by consensus among players.

Larping is really fun! All that feeling of immersion and feeling like the character, all those plot twists and drama, and all those beautiful props people make!

Also that awesome feeling when you can for example live a day in a totally awesome and dangerous swamp planet trying to fix the spaceship with your old traveller buddies...

Or live a post-apocalyptic weekend as an old Soviet ghoul...

Or be stuck in a small room with ten people for hours with no way to escape and suddenly some people starting to act insane...

Or whatever, there is no limits!

I still haven't larped that much, but I'm eagerly looking for new games. There will be one coming in November if I manage to get in happy.gif

I'd also love to roleplay with pen and paper or with board, but there isn't very much roleplayers in my area :/

Edited by Jortaani

Though I've never LARPed, I think I would definitely enjoy it. I'm going to be (hopefully) dabbling in a little of it this weekend at the Ren Faire, since I'll be dressed as a unicorn (though humanized) and taking on the character as best of my ability.

As for written roleplay, I started out on Neopets when I was about seven years old haha. That's about... 15 years ago? Shortly after I was invited to a private web page that was dedicated to a site-wide wild horse RP. I stayed there for a few years (I believe about 3-4?) before migrating to Gaia, where I roleplayed for probably a good 6 years on and off. I then started up here around the same time I joined the forums back in 2008-2009. My timeline might be a little off, but that's the fuzzy version of it. I've been invited to various other sites in between, but I don't remember how long I stayed. I did take a break for about a year or so, but I've been back in the swing of it for the past several months I think. ^^

I should probably note that I only play original characters. Playing established franchise characters feels... wrong to me, somehow, maybe because they're not something of my own creation, and therefore, gives me no right to play them. They already have established personalities and histories, and I wouldn't want to soil someone else's creation as I wouldn't want anyone stealing my own and using them for their own devices. It also feels a bit lazy to me. It's similar to why I don't often do fanart.

If playing characters that aren't your own is your thing, that's fine. It's just not for me.

Edited by Omega Entity

Paragraph via email. I do 1x1 (at least player wise, I do double/triple/whatever and throw in a zillion side characters to drive the story forward). I have done a bit of LARPing, as well. I also like tabletop gaming with a good balance of RP and fighting.

I should probably note that I only play original characters. Playing established franchise characters feels... wrong to me, somehow, maybe because they're not something of my own creation, and therefore, gives me no right to play them. They already have established personalities and histories, and I wouldn't want to soil someone else's creation as I wouldn't want anyone stealing my own and using them for their own devices. It also feels a bit lazy to me. It's similar to why I don't often do fanart.

If playing characters that aren't your own is your thing, that's fine. It's just not for me.

I generally feel this way, as well. I don't mind someone else playing a canon, but I almost always play OCs for exactly that reason. I will occasionally play a canon if I really feel I understand the character and it's a world/storyline which is not conducive to OCs. This is pretty rare, though. I've only done it twice.

Love me some roleplaying. I prefer 1x1 over someplace private, like skype. I usually do original characters and settings (creativity! I still want to do some more to do with those intelligent once-parasites that live on the colossal body of their former host), but I'm also really wanting to do something with canon characters - as long as I can take them OoC. I enjoy alternative character interpretations |D