Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Eighteen

*huggles* Afternoon Spirit.

it goes well Spirit, but as you can see shopping took longer than intended.

*sigh* Lover and I had a not-quite-argument. I was told earlier this week about how my Department just got £1.5million funding to train up 15 ACPs - a job I would sorely love and think I would be well-suited to, as it requires a mix of nurse and doctor skills. It's also very well-paying, starting at around £60,000 a year and up to just short of £100,000. I think that with my intelligence and skills I would be a very strong candidate and would do very well in the job. The catch is that it could require me spending up to ten years here.

Now, Lover leaves in a month's time to train on the other side of the country, and doesn't really want to come back here at the end of her training. So mentioning that I have a slim chance of getting my desired job instantly sparked a ten-minute one-sided discussion where her only response was "Mmm." It went from me explaining how I could get a job, to me essentially apologising for even bringing it up.

This has been happening all year now. Every time I mention there is a chance I could develop in either my paid or voluntary work but would require me staying her, she gets really grumpy and uncommunicative to the point that I haven't bothered telling her about any of the ideas or opportunities I've had. Given I've got a job in an A&E department and live within 1.5hrs of two universities that provide nursing training, and have built up a network of contacts over the last ten years, as well as how I've become rather well-respected locally in the voluntary sector, means that I could do most anything I want to do. It's perfect for me. But Lover seems dead-set against coming back her after her course and gets annoyed with me whenever I mention I could stay here another year to do so much as a six-month training module.

I love her and I want this relationship to work, but I can't stand that I can't talk about anything I want to do realistically in terms of progression because it's like discussing with a disapproving brick wall whenever I mention it.

Aww, that's difficult, Mr. Kestra, when you're with someone who has completely different plans.

I hope you do still apply for that position as I'm sure you'd be awesome at it!

And yes, I totally agree on the no interfering colleagues bit! Makes sorting and tidying much easier! xd.png

Good evening, CPA! cool.gif

*sets out ribs and flaming cheese* Try it; you'll like it! tongue.gif

First proper vacation day was a busy one with coffee with a friend, lunch with another friend, a bit of shopping, far too long in a bank line for the wee bit of banking, and a chunk of cash spent on two new tyres. At least now I don't feel I need to crawl along the lake route for fear my second front tire would blow.

Most people just vanish Parakeet.

Alien abduction perhaps?

Edit: Would also explain why this place is so empty these days.

I see. That's too bad.

On one hand, I kind of wish there was a way to use DC on mobile or something, to make it more accessible. On the other, I have very fond memories of borrowing library laptops and hiding in a corner to get on DC during high school, and something like a mobile app would ruin that.

In any case, it was nice to see you all again. Also hello Kestra! But I think I'll likely be poofing soon for another year or so, or maybe I'll try to check in more often. I'm not sure, I've kind of left the internet as a whole and have been focusing more on things outside. So we'll see.

Good morning peeps!

What is this 'outside' you speak of Parakeet?

Oh man Kestra, I hope you and lover can work things out. I still hope you go for that job though, sounds amazing.

I finished FF7 last night (huzzah), but I'm going to have to replay. Missed a single trophy >.<

Edit: The toxic alarms are going off.

Edited by Fortune86

Good afternoon everyone!

Municipal election day today!

Toxic alarms? That can't be good. unsure.gif

Aw. I missed Spirit & Purple. Stupid lockdown T-T

We're all still alive. We still haven't been told what the problem was, but everything seems to be back to normal now.

Toxic alarms? ohmy.gif I hope you're okay, Fortune.

ninja.gif 'd by the answer! tongue.gif

Bye, bye, birdie... don't forget us while you're outside.

Good morning, CPA! cool.gif

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

The dogs co-operated for once and only woke me up twice tonight, so I managed to sleep in after the second time.

Edited by Lagie

Glad to hear you are okay, Fortune.

*sneaks up a slips a brownie into her pocket for later*

You don't need to sneak them, purplehaze. They're here for everyone to take!

*adds foil to the table*

Glad I got my brownie before Fortune came by!

I should really be working on that rotisserie chicken to make chicken salad, but that is such a messy process picking all the meat off.

Edit: The toxic alarms are going off.

That's....disconcerting.

Thanks for the support guys. I'm sure it will all work out, but it is just upsetting that I can't talk about my future with her - that's the whole point of a relationship after all.

*sprays Spotted with a bunch of sunscreen*

Hope you're having fun! The ocean water's really warm right now, I hear.

*restocks the brownies*

I had another lunch out today. I don't know why chefs here insist on adding red pepper flakes to almost everything. In the hamburger patty today. (I don't like spicy... rolleyes.gif )

I hate spicy too, Lagie. The chefs at Burger King make really spicy Chicken Fries when those are not even supposed to be spicy... gah. Though today, I had a jam sandwich and a Red Delicious apple for luch. Just like school days.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

That sounds good, Dusky, the sandwich and apple, not the spicy fries.

The place I'm having lunch tomorrow serves a gazpacho so spicy I couldn't eat it and nor could the rest of the people at my table, some of whom actually liked spicy. Seriously, why make something that hot?!?