Darth Krande

White hatchling description

"Once a hatchling’s wings grow in, it marks the beginning of maturation. At this point they are usually left alone by their mother and begin to hunt and survive on their own."

That's the generic hatchie description, but please, whites do not hunt. "They only eat plants and never kill living things" as the adult description says.

Could you please just make it " At this point they are usually left alone by their mother"?

"Once a hatchling’s wings grow in, it marks the beginning of maturation. At this point they are usually left alone by their mother and begin to hunt and survive on their own."

That's the generic hatchie description, but please, whites do not hunt. "They only eat plants and never kill living things" as the adult description says.

Could you please just make it " At this point they are usually left alone by their mother"?

While I understand what you're trying to say, the verb 'hunt' has more than one meaning.

The definition 2. to try to find something, search still fits for the white. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

I hunt morels in season biggrin.gif And when doing so, I would say I was "going morel hunting".

Just sayin'

"hunt and survive" implies hunting for food more than "forage and survive" or something like that would.

It's still hunting for the right type of food.

Also I'd rather not get into customizing the generic part of the dragon description to each dragon. That is what the breed specific paragraph is for. Because if we change it for one, there will suddenly be the need to change it for others. "x dragons don't care for their young at all and are left alone as eggs" "y dragons form family groups the parents are always around" It is supposed to be an "in general' idea of dragon-kind as a whole. Please keep it that way.

Rather unnecessarily nitpicky. Fruit bats hunt for food too, and they eat fruit. I also agree with everyone about how silly it would be to have to tailor every generic description to every breed's specific needs.

There is also the "usually" part of the generic description - it doesn't need to fit *all* dragons smile.gif