Epyon

Pirates of the Realms OOC

Got the magic bit in and no I was thinking not anyways, if someone wants to go down the path of a summoner then they can just pm me, otherwise I don't see a need.

Good news, the IC is getting constant attention from the approvers now so I expect that we'll be able to begin the rp soon.

That's good to hear! Will you ask to have it moved to Other Roleplays when it's done, or here to Freeforms? (My vote would be for Other RPs btw.)

Here we go, Epyon! biggrin.gif

Name: Kaia Dahlberg

Race: Human

Class: Cleric

Weapons: Kaia carries a small warhammer (imagine Mjölnir but a little slender) at her left hip which she uses for battle. At other times, Kaia carries around a simple wooden staff, which she uses to channel her healing and other magical abilities.

Appearance: Kaia stands at about 5'6" and has chestnut brown skin thanks to her spending outside for extended periods of time. She has stormy gray eyes with pale eyelashes and sharp eyebrows, giving her an angry look at all times, which is highlighted by her angular and sharp face. Her hair has been bleached by the sun and the salt water, giving it a color of an old bone - unnaturally white. Kaia wears loose, large-sleeved dark blue robes over many layers of shirts of varying whites. Upon all this, she wears a light brown scarf, which covers her neck. Over her legs Kaia has dark brown breeches with an extraordinarily beautiful leather belt. However, her feet are bare, only protected by some quickly wrapped linen with the edges of her pants tucked in.

Personality: Like the ever-present sea, Kaia can either help or harm, totally depending on her mood and how much she likes the person. She may be a healer, but she won't hesitate to let someone die to their wounds. Kaia always looks after herself first before tending to others, and very rarely feels bad about this. Laws are only recommendations to her and friendships somewhat of a burden to this b@stard child of a man she never met.

Kaia is fiercely independent and proud, preferring to be herself than in the company of others. She does find some grim pleasure of being around her pirate 'family', but still finds their presence somewhat annoying. If she, however, decides to let someone close to her, she might reveal another side of her, a side which has a sense of humor, loyalty of some sort, and the aspects of a scared, lonely person she still is.

Kaia tends to avoid fights if she can, but once provoked, it is hard to calm her down - especially since she's quite prideful and refuses to back down from any challenge. She cannot stand those who nitpick on rules or those who tend to bow before the stronger. Kaia may avoid fights, but she will never stand down nor lower her head, merely lift her chin higher and snort in disdain.

Although Kaia may be cold, unfriendly, and moody, she might surprise those around her at times by being compassionate, caring, and kind. Although these moments are rare and short-lived, they remind those around her that what she usually shows is merely a shell. A hard, ice-cold, iron shell, but a shell nevertheless.

Pirate, Pirate Hunter or Merchant: Pirate

Ship Type: Brigantine

Ship Name: Stormlight

Personal Flag design: A dark blue stormy sea upon black with a white star shining above the sea.

History (optional): Kaia is a b@stard child of a rich merchant whom she has never met. Her mother, a poor fisherman's wife with many children already, had no choice but to send her to a local temple to the water gods, where the priests took her in as an apprentice. However, even though her mother could not keep her child, she visited Kaia on weekly intervals, giving her little gifts on their meetings and much-needed love which the priests could not.

Work at the temple was hard and tedious, but Kaia got three warm meals a day and a place to stay, for which she was thankful. However, as she grew older, her mother was unable to visit her as frequently, her weekly visits first turning into every other week, then monthly, until they saw only once a year. Then came a year she didn't see her mother at all - Kaia was 15 at the time.

After this, she begun to disobey the priests, wandering about the streets of Waterdeep, scavenging food and getting into fights. The smile she had earlier vanished and a hard personality came in place. She sought solace from the water gods, finding Istishia calling for her especially, and begun to devote her miserable life to him. Soon, it became apparent that Kaia had the gifts of a cleric, and she was given appropriate training.

But the oppressive feeling of the temple became eventually too much for the wild-natured child and Kaia fled the temple into the islands nearby. From there, she was picked up into a pirate ship, where she quickly rose up the ranks thanks to her divine connection to the sea which proved useful during both voyages, ship hunting, and battles.

Edited by Gildraug

This... looks... AWESOME!!!

I NEED TO WRITE A SHEETOR I'M GONNA EXPLODE!!!

Edited by Brotato

Username: Brotato

Name: Budrik Stronggut

Race: Dwarf

Class: Shield Dwarf

Weapons: Budrik carries a stone and steel hammer securely holstered on his waist, a steel longsword sheathed across his back, two daggers; one secured discretely to his foot, the other to his thigh and ofcrouse, his reinforced steel kite shield which he most frequently carries in one hand, but can latch onto his back. Lastly, he carries a satchel full of vials with primarily explosive purposes.

Appearance: Budrik stands at about 4'4". Much like his brethren, he is very muscular and quite heavy due to all his gear. He has a silvery short trimmed flat top soldier-like hairdo, along with an unkempt silvery beard that extends down to his bellybutton. He frequently changes his equipment aside from one item only, his shield. Recently he's been using a new set of polished steel armor and weapons, all of which carry a similar design in metallic shine and coloration, giving him a somewhat regal apparel. That is, they would, were his armor not scratched up from his recent tussles with some unruly folk. With his equipment off, it becomes quite evident how much fighting Budrik has seen. His body is covered in a great many scars detailing the hits he's taken. In addition, he frequently needs to custom order his armored gloves due to his unusually large palms, and the fact that his left hand has a missing pinkie finger. The ham-fisted dwarf's face is no exception to his bodily injuries, boasting several scars on his nose, cheek and mouth. As a result, many consider him quite unattractive, with exceptions being very rare.

Personality: Budrik is a seasoned warrior through and through. Over the years, he has learned much more than just when to press an attack, or bolster his defense. Even though he's been beaten to within an inch of his life on multiple occasions, he simply refuses to learn from that particular mistake, and has retained his "never back down" attitude, which gets him into more trouble than it does win him battles. In his spare time, Budrik is very fond of tinkering with explosives, primarily Oil of Impact. He's had his hair and face burned quite a few times from his experimentation with the stuff, but he loves it. The small explosives he produces from it have gotten him out of a pinch more times than he cares to let on about, and he relishes in the satisfying sounds and sights of watching his lesser opponents scatter in terror from the sounds of the detonations. He once even tried experimenting with smokepowder, but his tinkering went awry and cost him one pinky, and a whole lot of burn treatment. Lastly, Budrik is a bit of an alcoholic. Whenever he isn't looking for something to hurt, or fiddling with the Oil, he's usually tossing all his gold at the bartender in exchange for flagon after flagon of mead. This, however, is not unlike the typical middle-aged dwarf, he reasons, as he chugs his booze and has a merry ol' time.

History: Budrik cares not to speak of his ancestry. He avoids the question or just flat out gets up in people's business were they to inquire, for reasons only he really knows. One thing is quite certain, however. Wherever it was that this dwarf came from, he did a lot of fighting there.

Pirate or Pirate Hunter or Merchant: Pirate Hunter

Ship Name: Not Sure ._.

Ship Type: Not Sure ._.

Personal Flag: Derp?

Assuming OP gives me the thumbs up for my bomb lobbing dwarf, he'll be a pirate hunter.

Any other pirate hunters out there want to gang up and sail on one vessel? I don't mind Budrik being an underling. xd.png

Edited by Brotato

Alright, final(ish) drafts. I built up their personalities more. Histories are still empty though since I still need to figure out what to do for their pasts but, I plan on editing those in once I've got something.

Name: Briagh Grayhammer

Race: Dwarf

Class: Shield Dwarf

Weapons: Dominantly uses a circular shield made of sturdy oak with iron molding. Down and across the front of Briagh's shield, thin strips of iron is welded into the wood as a sort of criss-crossing support. As a secondary, he uses a short sword with a one-handed hilt.

Appearance: Short and stocky like the typical dwarf, Briagh is on the taller end of the spectrum, reaching 4'8" in height. His head is kept shaved and covered by an open-faced helm. His mustache and beard are thick and kept tidy, the red strands of his beard tied into several braids. His skin is a bit more tanned than the average for a Shield Dwarf due to his frequent exposure to sunlight. With rough hands and stubby fingers, he's certainly not a stranger to labor outside of his basic duties. Covering his body is a simple tunic and breeches beneath a worn leather breastplate and shinguards. On his arms, he wears faded leather bracers that are studded with small cones of iron. Heavy boots with iron edges cover his feet.

Personality: Briagh is certainly the rough sort but that isn't so surprising. He's loud and boastful, with just a hint of humility. Laughing at folly and making smart (or just plain rude) remarks are preferred habits of his. He'll take things seriously only once weapons are brandished. Otherwise, don't expect much more than the minimum and loud chatter from him. He always appears unbothered by strange situations but, it really just depends on what's happening. Sure, he'll be surprised or uncertain and show that he is but he'll quickly morph his body language to look at ease.

Handling stress is an iffy thing. It's not truly known if he can deal with it just fine or if it's a tough thing for him to withstand. He laughs more and speaks louder when under stress or is pressured by something. Outside of any stress, he thoroughly enjoys what he does and has no desire to quit any time soon. Perhaps the only thing he'll openly stress about is his ship and crew.

When he isn't being rude, loud, or boasting of some tall triumph, Briagh likes to solve puzzles. He won't let people get away with calling him something short of an imbecile but he won't let on that he's smarter than he seems. It's not that he's outright ashamed of being a brainy type but, when you make a living on the sea as an outlaw, it's more of a requirement to be tough than cunning. At least, that's how he's come to figure it. No one likes a scholar and everyone loves the fighter. So, the fighter he became and shoved his scholarly habits into the dark.

History (optional): ----

Pirate or Pirate Hunter: Pirate

Ship Type: Brigantine

Ship Name: Stormlight

Personal Flag design: A blue, raging sea upon a black background with a white star shining above.

Name: Aireia Faelandaerl

Race: Moon Elf

Class: Ranger

Weapons: Primarily uses a recurved bow made of elm. The center where she grasps the weapon is wrapped in green cloth with thin strips of bronze curling around the wood and out for a little flair. For a backup, Aireia has a thin dagger sheathed and kept at her hip.

Appearance: Tall and fair skinned like many others in the Elven race, Aireia's skin looks as if it is perpetually covered in a thin layer of frost. Her hair is a gentle sky-blue in color and falls in soft, straight, strands down to the small of her back. A few shorter strands consistently brush against the side of her left cheek. Green eyes with golden flecks peer out from a delicate and pointed face. Upon her body, she wears form-fitted cloth that make up a light-weight tunic and pants. The bottom of each pant leg is tucked away into leather boots that reach up to mid-calf and the waist is wrapped with a leather belt.

Personality: Like all elves, Aireia is graceful and does her best to keep any falter hidden. She's confident in her abilities as a Ranger but not much else. With a bow in her hands, she's more at ease and sure of her footing. Take that away and she can't help but stumble. Fighting isn't all that she's got but it's most of what she knows. The wilderness is her home but a sense of adventure draws her wherever it might lead.

Emotional situations are her weakest point, not knowing how best to empathize with another to comfort them. She's awkward with social interactions and often stutters (something that she profoundly hates). Stress and pressure don't help in any regard and, unfortunately, she finds that she crumples under too much weight, too easily. She's afraid of being regarded as apathetic and strange and it frustrates her to no end how incompetent she feels in such a simple thing as conversation.

Aireia is fond of being left alone, residing in the corner of a room or off to the side somewhere else. She tries not to bother others as best she can but often wants some sort of company in the form of one or two people, no more. Usually, she takes comfort in simply sitting next to someone she knows and remaining in silence. Actions speak louder than words as she believes and so she's become quite adept at reading body language while, in turn, she speaks few words.

History (optional): ----

Pirate or Pirate Hunter: Pirate Hunter

Ship Type: Windjammer

Ship Name: Shadow of Night

Personal Flag design: Two swords crossed in front of a blue flame on a black background.

Brotato, your sheet looks good, however my rule of no firearms also applies to bombs. In addition to this, smoke powder is highly unstable and any mishaps that do happen while handling it are disastrous, so instead of the burns that Budrik has acquired, he would be missing parts of his body if not lost his life. This isn't to even mention it's rarity. Dwarves prefer something that is rather stable and everybody will generally avoid the stuff like the plague.

However, if you must insist on Budrik having explosive ordinance at his disposal, I will allow the use of Oil of Impact. But only with the limit of 150 vials.

And Narvix, thanks for the corrections on that, Your characters are accepted and Gildraug, your character is accepted as well.

For anyone who wants to post first, go right ahead.

Alrighty OP, making the necessary edits. :3

Narvix, mind if Budrik is a crewmember of the Shadow of Night?

Edited by Brotato

Why are you asking me? I'm not the one with the Captain of the Pirate Hunter Ship. Have you looked at the other sheets posted in the IC?

Why are you asking me? I'm not the one with the Captain of the Pirate Hunter Ship. Have you looked at the other sheets posted in the IC?

I got confused. Okay then, Epyon, is it okay with you? xd.png

P.S. I edited Bud's sheet. He doesn't do smokepowder any more, as you asked. laugh.gif

Edited by Brotato

Alright, perfect. Your dwarf is accepted. Now, those who have a ship and a rank other than Captain on their CS (All of you pretty much) you must first find the Captain of that vessel in the IC as reading up on your sheets have you basically just arriving at Waterdeep.

To clarify, it's just the Pirate Hunters at Waterdeep. Right? And the Pirates are starting within the Moonshae Isles?

asdfhgoighasdkfjs This took me much longer than it should have but I finally posted. |D I spent a lot of thought on Aireia though so Briagh's intro is so small.

Brotato, I didn't know what tavern you put your Dwarf in so I assumed it as someplace different from the Moonlit Dell.

asdfhgoighasdkfjs This took me much longer than it should have but I finally posted. |D I spent a lot of thought on Aireia though so Briagh's intro is so small.

Brotato, I didn't know what tavern you put your Dwarf in so I assumed it as someplace different from the Moonlit Dell.

It isn't. :I

It isn't the same place or it isn't a different place? I assumed different because your Dwarf hadn't reacted to a Drow at the counter close to him.

Using location names is always helpful.

Edited by Narvix

More like at a table along the wall, Zaknayrr rarely, if at all, goes and sits on the counter.