rabbithaver

Sundered Skies: Fall of Salem OOC

Plot

"There's something in the void. We don't know what it is, but it's coming. And now the Skies are falling. Our skies are falling!"

These were the last words of a dying monk as his home, an island called Salem fell into the depths. There had been no warning, just constant, echoing, deep clicks...and shadows in the void. Salem had been a spiritual haven for priests and priestesses to dwell on messages from their gods. The news rocked the Skies. Rumors spiraled out of control almost immediately, varying dramatically from world to world as sailors refused to fly their ships. A glowmad uprising, an angry and forgotten god, the inevitable collapse of the Draining Sea were among them, but none could be further from the truth. A single survivor, a petrified Elf priestess called Aersa Rosethorn, is the only known creature to escape the cataclysm. She uttered the words of the monk and then fell silent. She has not spoken since.

Absolutely none of this deters the captain and crew of the pirate ship Bloodfall Blade, who continue to sail from ruin to ruin trying to make a living on scavenged treasures. The ship itself is falling apart, and how else are they going to keep this cantankerous old steamer together? Little do they know that their efforts to survive will tie their destinies with that of a rising God, a malevolent force of darkness, and perhaps the very Skies themselves.

WHOOMP THREAD'S DONE AFTER 40 YEARS

Interest check thread has evolved into OOC thread! What a thing! And look, there's a plot and everything! Shiny.

Edited by oddinomaly

I'm not entirely certain. It depends on how many people want to join, which...doesn't look like many at the moment.

I'll totally join if we're allowed to magic. And I think everyone being in the same crew is a cool idea.

Edited by MrSpyro

Awesome. I think what I'll end up doing is having one ship to start with, and if we get a lot of people and characters, have them capture another ship and split the crew up that way, so someone else could get a chance to play the Captain. What do you all think?

This seems interesting. Is it only a fantasy setting or is it a mix between fantasy and sci-fi?

Okay, neat. I will need awhile to construct the thread because I want it to look good. I've got a lot of writing ahead of me. Info on each playable species, world information, that kind of thing. Meanwhile, how do you guys feel about fleshing out a plot before playing it? I find it's easier to have an outline to follow, ya know?

It's pretty much just fantasy, though if you have an idea for a character we could work something out (a magical prosthetic limb, or something of that nature).

Edited by oddinomaly

Me likes. But one question - do you require any knowledge of lore of the world the RP will be situated in?

You might, but I will include a post explaining everything I think you'll need to know, and update it as things change. I'm still in the planning process, so if you guys have any suggestions or ideas I totally want to hear them! ♡

I have an idea for an character that's like first mate or something.

Edit: Can the wildlings be like any animal?

Edited by Evil sethoss

I have had a miniplot in a airship rp for a while now and I have been dying to use the character I designed to go along with it. Surprisingly, airship rps don't last long here.

but I'll join if this gets off the ground.

Edited by padfoot

ACK sorry about the wait guys! I've been super busy with vacation, and I've got a convention this weekend. I'm working on the IC already (you can see it here), and hopefully by tonight I can get the character sheets up for you guys. It looks like a lot of reading, but the world is pretty complex like I said. If you don't have time I will be writing up a glossary with terminology and whatnot. If you guys have any input I would absolutely love to hear it! <3

@MrSpyro: Some do, especially if they're beginning the transformation from Drakin to fully fledged Dragons. They also tend to run kind of small, around 4 feet tall, according to the Sundered Skies Rulebook. There will be more information soon, I promise!

@Evil Sethoss: They can be, as far as I'm aware. The book only has info on a couple, which I will be adding to the character creation post later tonight. <3

Hi oddinomaly, I just want to say I saw a small typo on one of islands, Bridgeways. It says scares instead of scarce. That's all I managed to pick up on though.

@MrSpyro: ACK I KNEW I FORGOT TO DO SOMETHING SORRY

@SULDhasno: Wow, that's pretty good. I hadn't slept at all when I was writing that. I'll fix it when I'm not on mobile! Thanks! |D

Yep!

ALSO!

After writing up the info for Wildlings, adding a plot, and changing the name, the RP is almost ready to go! I've gotta add rank options and descriptions, but that's pretty much it.

EDIT: Check out some of the art from the books. It's pretty gorgeous! I can also scan some shots of the other races from the book, if you guys want.

Obligatory hero shot.

In which a glowmad orc calmly asks his friends what's up.

*Pirates of the Carribean theme playing in the distance*

Edited by oddinomaly