rabbithaver

Sundered Skies: Fall of Salem OOC

ohhh hh this rp looks just amazing!! i'd love to join once you're open and accepting, if that's okay. ー( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Hey guys! I'm Elaine, and I'll be in this group too, playing an engineer and her assistant.

Look forward to RPing with you guys!

So now we're supposed to post occ here. I was looking at accepted characters and Jackie wasn't there. I get it if you're going to do it later today.

*finally managed to read through the OP*

Erm... Is alchemy present in this RP?

If yes, would a Drakin Alchemist fit to a rank of explosive expert?

*finally managed to read through the OP*

Erm... Is alchemy present in this RP?

If yes, would a Drakin Alchemist fit to a rank of explosive expert?

I don't know but that's a pretty cool idea! I had an idea for a steam punk cyborg elf. He would have all sorts of weaknesses and strengths.

I read the rulebook Pi posted, and it says elves hate and aren't good with technology. So I don't think that would be very likely. Humans or dwarves, on the other hand, would be more believable.

Sorry about the wait you guys. I won't be on much this weekend because of some emotional stuff I need to get through, and I need to take some time and recharge. I should be around on monday to answer questions and work with you guys. Meanwhile I'm gonna ask mngwa to keep me updated and to work with you while I'm away. If you have any questions or concerns, shoot her a PM.

I read the rulebook Pi posted, and it says elves hate and aren't good with technology. So I don't think that would be very likely. Humans or dwarves, on the other hand, would be more believable.

I never said he got the tech willingly xd.png

@beiningtian

I believe it will be moved to Other along with the main thread, yes.

@zamboza

Hm... while the book and Oddi's original post don't mention Alchemy as being a thing, I can chat with them and see if we want to bring it into this RP. It'll be a bit, as Oddi is taking a bit of a break, but it shouldn't be long! If we agree on it, then yes, a Drakin alchemist would make a lovely explosives expert.

@Evil Sethoss

Hm, that's an interesting idea for a character! You would have to explore his feelings towards his mechanical parts and possibly how he got them (well-meaning dwarves found him hurt, perhaps?) but he would make for a fascinating crew member.

Edited by mngwa

Seeing as there are potions in the actual game, I'd say that the makers intended alchemy to exist, just not as an actual profession or skill.

@Evil Sethoss

Hm, that's an interesting idea for a character! You would have to explore his feelings towards his mechanical parts and possibly how he got them (well-meaning dwarves found him hurt, perhaps?) but he would make for a fascinating crew member.

He would tie in to another character I was going to make: A dwarf doctor who specializes in prosthetics. He (the elf) was severely injured in the head. The doctor had sever part of the ear and head. He had to make an extremely intense head/brain/eye/nose part to replace the lost parts. In result the eye can see in different wavelengths but the part is fragile and is only protected only by a bronze plate. If you hit it hard enough it would send him into a death like coma. So yeah... that's my cyborg elf. I'm not really sure how he feels towards it yet but I'll figure it out eventually.

@MrSpyro

You may be right! I've just always seen potions as a product of magic as opposed to alchemy, I guess. More like drinkable spells than anything.

@Evil Sethoss

Well there you go! I'd say you should go start on character sheets for the both of them!

Edited by mngwa

I've been looking at some of the events/missions/whatever (Like "The Hunger") and I think it would be cool if the GMs would occasionally set one off if we land on an island. To help mix things up and keep them interesting.

@MrSpyro

You may be right! I've just always seen potions as a product of magic as opposed to alchemy, I guess. More like drinkable spells than anything.

@Evil Sethoss

Well there you go! I'd say you should go start on character sheets for the both of them!

I'll finish them tomorrow and send them to you. I also had another character in mind, a elf bard druid type guy. But do I write all of his spells or just general ideas for his spells?

Eh, I guess it doesn't hurt to put a sheet here now

Username: zamboza

Character Name: Yarzoth

Race: Drakin

Appearance:Yarzoth(Ignore the blue flames and scrolls) Yarzoth is relatively short - only about 3,5 feet high. His scales are green and his eyes are blue. He wears a hooded black-red robe with green ornaments and skull-shaped clip on his chest. He has a tail, as he is a Chosen that ran away from a temple. Other than that he looks like a normal Drakin.

Clothing & Armor: Yarzoth always wears his robe and brown shoes. He wears no armor whatsoever, as he deosn't like wearing anything heavy. The robe is enchanted and keeps his body in perfect temperature, whatever the temperature outside may be.

Gear: Yarzoth has a bag of bottles needed for making potions. He also keeps in it corks for the bottles, and anything else needed for preparing the potions.

Weapon of Choice: A blunderbuss that he always has with himself - it seems big in his hands but he knows how to make a use of it.

Personality: Yarzoth, even though he doesn't like to tell about his past, is a very open and sociable person. When he is bored he starts mixing what he can in a bottle, then using simple magic he changes it into liquid and tests what it can do, eventually drinking if he finds out that it is not harmful.

History: Yarzoth keeps everything from before his runaway to himself - others know that he was a Chosen and he ran away from there for unknown reasons. After that he started earning money from selling simple potions - it wasn't much but he was able to somehow live on, though there were situations when he nearly had become glowmad. Then came the time where he was running low on money and he desperately needed some life-changing event. He noticed "Bloodfall Blade" moored to the bridge of Bridgeways, he decided to take a chance and he signed himself aboard.

Other: Yarzoth's bisexual. Open for romance wink.gif

@SUP3RSPAWN3R

I'm pretty sure Oddi's been planning on doing that anyways!

@Evil Sethoss

Awesome! I'd say general ideas for his spells - what they do, how often he can use them, etc. Also, check this out for your character: Sundered Skies Book. It has some pretty interesting stuff on the elves' heritage plants and what they do, and that might help you to work out how he looks and the like.

Eh, I guess it doesn't hurt to put a sheet here now

Username: zamboza

Character Name: Yarzoth

Race: Drakin

Appearance:Yarzoth(Ignore the blue flames and scrolls) Yarzoth is relatively short - only about 3,5 feet high. His scales are green and his eyes are blue. He wears a hooded black-red robe with green ornaments and skull-shaped clip on his chest. He has a tail, as he is a Chosen that ran away from a temple. Other than that he looks like a normal Drakin.

Clothing & Armor: Yarzoth always wears his robe and brown shoes. He wears no armor whatsoever, as he deosn't like wearing anything heavy. The robe is enchanted and keeps his body in perfect temperature, whatever the temperature outside may be.

Gear: Yarzoth has a bag of bottles needed for making potions. He also keeps in it corks for the bottles, and anything else needed for preparing the potions.

Weapon of Choice: A blunderbuss that he always has with himself - it seems big in his hands but he knows how to make a use of it.

Personality: Yarzoth, even though he doesn't like to tell about his past, is a very open and sociable person. When he is bored he starts mixing what he can in a bottle, then using simple magic he changes it into liquid and tests what it can do, eventually drinking if he finds out that it is not harmful.

History: Yarzoth keeps everything from before his runaway to himself - others know that he was a Chosen and he ran away from there for unknown reasons. After that he started earning money from selling simple potions - it wasn't much but he was able to somehow live on, though there were situations when he nearly had become glowmad. Then came the time where he was running low on money and he desperately needed some life-changing event. He noticed "Bloodfall Blade" moored to the bridge of Bridgeways, he decided to take a chance and he signed himself aboard.

Other: Yarzoth's bisexual. Open for romance wink.gif

All I'm going to say is that the relationship between Yarzoth and Zefel will be... interesting.

Oh wat we were meant to put it here ok then

What I thought I sent it to oddinomaly now I can't find it.

Ok I'll just do it again.

Username:SULDhasno

Character Name:Takaki

Race:Human

Appearance:Has short brownish hair and dark brown eyes. He is of average height and has a relatively small frame.

Clothing & Armor:He often just wears a plain white shirt and blue jeans. He doesn't bother wearing armour.

Gear:Some food and his weaponry

Weapon of Choice: A long rifle that was made from scratch from him. He also brings two knives for either throwing or fighting in close range.

Personality: He has a very laid back attitude about pretty much anything. He tends to not take most thigs very seriously, and rarely ever gets angry. Despite his carefree personality he is a friendly person.

History: He had a rather normal life, going to school at bridgeways, but got caught in a bandit incident. A crew member of the Bloodfall Blade saved him and he eventually decided to sign up.

Other:

Man this is short.

Edited by SULDhasno

@SULDhasno

Nah, you're supposed to submit them to Oddi to be approved. But you can submit them to me if you want a critique! (And I'll probably critique any that I see on here; be warned!)

All righty! I hope it's all right that I critiqued your sheet; that feels like most of what I'm here for right now! I'd recommend looking at my comments before you send it along to Oddi; it'll make your acceptance a lot more streamlined and quick.