vulturicacid

Leetle improvement

So, Leetle Trees change sprites with season. And the summer one is a palm tree: user posted image (image taken from wikia), that drops on the forest.

So I was thinking, why don't Leetles drop on coast when it's summer? It's more suiting, I suppose. At least I never found a palm tree on a forest, that's what I mean xd.png

And I don't believe it would require tons of coding. Just a minor change to make it more realistic. Not vital, actually owo

What are your thoughts on it?

Edited by umbreon_rock

I disagree. Come to Brazil and you'll see palm trees in forests, big forests filled with only palm trees, specially in Amazon.

No support.

Edited by danicast

I disagree. Come to Brazil and you'll see palm trees in forests, big forests filled with only palm trees, specially in Amazon.

No support.

I live here actually xd.png

And in this case I believe it'd be a jungle, or a rainforest. There are a few differences.

Nevertheless, we're not talking 'bout Brazil. We're talking about Valkemare. We're talking 'bout a world where --dammit-- it snows! -sobs-

And see the sand on the sprite. No sand in forests sorry.

But I don't expect everyone to agree c:

I don't see a need for this. It doesn't feel necessary to me... while I wouldn't care if it was implemented, I also don't like it enough to support it.

I wouldn't mind if they were added to the coast, but I think having them completely migrate with the seasons is just going to be confusing/frustrating for users trying to catch their own.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Agreed.

And, while we're at it, the summer one might also work for desert. And the winter for alpine.

Can I also note that this is Valkemare. We don't know what the forests are like. Maybe there are some palm tree forests with sand. There might not be, but there could be.

I honestly don't think there would be a problem putting them in different biomes, I didn't even know where they dropped until I happened upon them accidentally xd.png

I just want to point out that you don't have to go to a jungle or rainforest to find palm trees within forests. Here in CA lots of invasive palm tree species have moved into plenty of types of woodland. They certainly do not require sand in any way - or at least the many species we have here don't. I've come across a lone palm tree in the middle of a bunch of eucalyptus (also invasive) plus native live oaks and pines. And especially since the Leetle Tree is so rare it just kind of makes sense to me. It's surely unusual to come across a random pine tree in a forest like that... but far from impossible and not so rare that it makes no sense for the summer Leetle Tree to drop there.

With that said, if Seasonals can drop in the Alpine region for wintertime but in the Forest other times, I see no reason the Leetle Tree couldn't do something similar. It might be neat if it were in a different place for each season - the 'pine tree' for winter could be Alpine, the palm tree in the Coast, the cherry tree for spring in the Forest, the autumn tree probably in the Volcano or Desert, etc.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I'm just glad I already have one. They are hard enough to catch without having to LOOK for them in more than one place xd.png