MendezLightning

Super School

(Oh well thank you. Now I know)

Jet smiled a little, and gave her a slight wave, a slight blush creeping into his pale cheeks. He was the last one down, and by now the elevator really needed fixing with the weight he brought down it. The lion was small, about the size of a small Harley, it was made of a material that was light weight, commonly used in satellites, it was the engine and gears in him that made him heavy.

Mark shrugged at Cinna. 'I don't know, I'm kind of excited for a new adventure, but at the same time, we have no idea what we're in for, which seems a little bit dangerous to be doing with, y'know, juniors. But I guess they wouldn't send us out on a suicide mission, so yeah I think I am excited,' he smiled.

Leaving the elevator, they were met by a teacher and led to another level of the school that Mark had never seen: it was like the Death Star loading bay from Star Wars - huge, metallic, but eerily empty. The only things in the room were the same teachers as before and a large sleek train-like vehicle in the centre.

((You do realize your guy didn't notice the loudest girl in their grade, right?

I find that rather funny. Keep it that way))

Sasha stepped back. Okaaaay.....HEY!!! I SEE YOU THERE. She said, nudging the boy with goggles. OOO ARE YOU BLUSHING? she asked, noticing the slight pink. She did this in the teasing way, not the obnoxious way. She found it rather fun teasing people. Who's the lucky gal? Or guy, I honestly don't care. she nudged him again. Esko sighed at his cousin as he walked into a rather Death Star esc. area. W-Wow. Look! He marveled the vast emptiness. Wow.

((Edit: edited out Jet's name.))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Jett fixed the girl with a glare. Teasing was bullying to him. The lion got in between them. Jett didn't speak, he rarely ever does, as he followed the teacher into the area. Let looked around slightly amazed, it takes the thrill out of things when you know how something works.

(Normally I would say he only told lizzy his name, but it was on the intercom and he is the only Smith .... so I'll let it slide [but it did say Orion Jett Smith, so I'd how she knew he likes to be called by his middle name?] Hate to be picky.. just realistic in a way, hardly anyone knew me because I hardly talked. ))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Edited the name out. Guys, just remeber, Sasha is not new to the school. I understand why Jet would not know her, since he never seems to talk to anybody, but for future reference.))

Sasha walked backwards. Woah. Take it easy. Didn't mean any harm. she held up her hands while backing away. That was one heck of an overreaction. She walked to her cousin. Esko had seen and facepalmed. Sasha, you don't do that.

Oh come on! I though I at least SOUNDED friendly!

Esko sighed and kept looking at his feet. The day might not get good after all.

Brax~

The blonde boy rolled his eyes. "Yeah, that definitely was friendly, yelling at the shy kid about his friend," he said under his breath. He smiled and walked into the large room. He marveled at the vastness of it but kept silent, holding Cara's wrist.

Lizzy~

Lizzy smiled back to Jett, but she got pushed out of the way as one of the girls shuffled through. She squeezed to the back by a blonde boy and a short, black-haired girl. She could faintly hear what the girl that had moved toward Jett was saying but she didn't much care.

Ms Crown beckoned to the large sleek train and declared, 'This is your transport to New Orleans. I expect the journey to be easy for everyone on board not just you heroes. Remember, you're not just representing me, or the Pennsylvania Knight School, or the Knight Institute. You're representing yourselves. This is most of your first experiences as heroes, and anything stupid or reckless you do will reflect on you and your future career.' She paused to sternly look over all of the juniors. 'All aboard.'

Mark entered the train and found the contrast between the outside and the inside unsettlingly surreal. The inside decorated like a cross between an old-fashioned steam engine first class cart, with velvet chaise longues and polished mahogany tables and such, and a private jet. 'You can't say they don't use our taxes at all ...' he mumbled, taking a seat near one of the small ridiculously clean windows.

Jett hurried inside and stopped as Leo trotted in and lay on the carpet. He looked like he was in seventh heaven, the interior reflected his most two favorite machines in all of history, even his name was after one of them. He set his things down by Leo and placed his hands on the wall feeling how it ran and worked and where every nut bolt wire and rivet was. He sat back and made the mind blown movement and giggled like a kid in his favorite toy store.

Izta sat down by Mark. "certainly looks expensive. It's almost like my dad's private jet...."

Lizzy~

I might have to blindfold myself.

Lizzy was overwhelmed with new technology and her curiosity was like a tsunami crashing over her. She laughed. "Oh, man." The train seemed so sleek, yet so old-fashioned. It was a perfect mix of both old and new, and she liked that. It reminded her of the Transcontinental Railroad train picture from her history textbook, but also like a fancy hotel. The polished tables, velvet sofas ((I think)), freakishly clean windows, shiny walls, just.. oh, man. She smiled and sat down by Jett. "Um, mind if I sit here? I don't know anyone else."

Cara~

This is sooo cool. I bet other juniors don't do this.

Cara's Anne problem escaped her mind as she looked about the shiny train. "Is this what the extended taxes are used for? That sucks for normal people. They'll probably never get to see this," Cara thought aloud. She opened a box of mints and popped one in her mouth. Braxton sat by the window, and she sat next to him on the end of the seat. "Mint?" she asked. "Are you telling me my breath smells bad?" he asked jokingly, and the two laughed. She lightly punched his arm. "Dude, seriously though, do you want one or not?" she asked, holding out the box. He took one and put it in his mouth, smiling.

Alexander looked at the inside of the train. It was nice, but like all trains are it was an enclosed metal tube that goes very fast through a tunnel. "Why can't we just take something not underground, like a bus? It's a nice train, but I really don't like the idea of trains. Planes as well."

Jett shook his at lizzy. He had pulled out a note pad and was doing a complex math problem on it. "Don't worry, this thing goose fast and we'll be there before you know it...... it's all green too! " he idly kicked his feet. "Oh, lizzy, my ride, Leo, Leo, this is lizzy." He pointed to the mechanical lion at his feet who was studying her while guarding Jett's multiple bags. The lion was a iron man golden color with interlocking plates for his main and tail puff. His claws where razors and his teeth sharp saws. It yawns exposing a copper tongue and a old lamp attached to the roof of his mouth. His eyes where yellow glowing glass eyes that are used in taxidermy, and heat rolled off of it. A underlying dull rumble sounded from its chest cavity.

Lizzy~

"Yup. I definitely have to blindfold myself," she said quietly to no one in particular. She waved to the lion, saying a quiet "Hello," and then looking out the window past Jett. Her hands wandered to her bag, and before she knew it she had taken out her sketchbook. She began drawing, just a simple pencil sketch of a gryphon, checking the wing design from a different page, making the tail floof even floofier, rounding the ears. Then she began to draw a more technical version, showing where the parts'd be, what she'd need to build it...

Jett had finished his problem and was looking over her shoulder at the gryphon taking in every detail. It wasn't a power, but he did have photographic memory on anything technological. He could build that over night. Watched her draw, and quickly looked away if she shifted or moved, then went back to watching the gryphon come to life in her drawing. He pulled out Festus Jr, the wings still iron but hallowed out and he replaced the iron membrane with canvas. The little Dragon took off and flew around the cabin space swiping two mints from the box and landed on lizzy's shoulder dropping the mints on her drawing, making a clicking noise that sounded like Morris code.

Cinna took a seat in front of Izta and Mark, facing them. She was practically about to jump out of her skin and she couldn’t sit still. She cracked all of her knuckles, then she popped her neck.

“I’m ready to fight. Are you ready to fight? I’m gonna punch something.” She said, shaking her hands like she was trying to loosen them up before a boxing match. “Does this have anything to do with the girl who punched you, maybe? Have you looked into that at all?” She asked. “Hey, Izta, you look hot today. Just saying. This train is really nice. Why do we have such nice trains? This is weird. Uhg, I just wanna fight. Crap, I’m nervous aren’t I? Can you tell? Uhg.”

Cinna leaned back in her chair and ran her fingers through her hair.

((I had my little sister draw a picture of Cinna https://40.media.tumblr.com/e60149caa9534ac...5mf2ho1_540.jpg ))

Edited by chicbecause

Izta wore purple today (same outfit in her pick) and she grinned at Cinna. "hey girl! We can't fight but... " She popped her knuckles and fingers shaking her hands like Cinna did and pulled a small table between them and propped her left elbow on it. A wide predator grin on her face, violet eyes narrowed. "How bout we arm wrestle? Best of thirty let's say...... hmm.. twenty five times is the winner. Mark keep score please..." her grinned widend. "You ready girl?"

Cinna grinned.

"Alright" She said, grabbing Izta's hand with her right hand, putting her elbow on the table. "Just go easy on me. I'm wounded!" She cried jokingly with a wink.

She stretched out her fingers and re-gripped Izta's hand. "COunt of three? Ready? One... Two... Three!"

She began pushing Izta's hand down. She and Izta were pretty evenly matched, but Cinna did have a lot of upper-body strength, which she was using to her advantage.

Izta's hand went down on the table four times before she giggled and leaned in close. "I know...... but Cinna, 'I know something you don't know.......... I'm not really left handed'." She sat back with a yowl that sounded like the very animal she could turn into. She just had to quote her favorite movie and book, The Princess Bride.. She couldn't help it!

Cinna threw her hands up.

"Wooooooow. Woooow!" She said. "I feel so betrayed. I feel so deceived! And all for a movie quote! I'm hurt, Izta. I really am" She said dramatically.

She sighed and leaned back in her chair, watching Izta giggle. She had to admit, it was pretty funny. Or maybe it was just that Izta was adorable. Either one.

"Okay, I get it. It's funny! But I can't use my left hand, it's still hurting from yesterday. You'll probably have to kiss it and make it better." She whined.

She mentally fistbumbed herself for a successfully executed flirt, which were incredibly hard to do because girls are always complimenting each other anyway. It was always like 'Is she flirting or does she actually like my boots?'

Izta giggled. "Aww, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I know that, that's why I'm using my left hand, so I don't hurt you more. She leans back folding her arms across her chest. "I thought you where a big tough girl who didn't need someone to kiss her hurts. Yo, you got any Sharpies? I pissed my mom off so she painted my nails bright pink in this gel stuff that doesn't come off easily. I hate it... and she knows I loathe the color pink! She indeed had neon pink nails on her fingers and it looks like she tried biting it off but it didn't work. "I've considered ripping them out and letting them grow back, it annoys me because my claws are pink when I shift now!"

((Oh, I didn't miss that much. Good.))

Lizzy looked down as mints fell on her sketchbook. "Hmmm?" She looked up at the dragon. "I see you fixed it," she said as she chewed on her pencil eraser. "I've been planning to build another one, Tealstone Mark 15, and I'm gonna use canvas and bronze like you said so it can fly, but doing projects like this with my mind is exhausting. I know enough to put it together, I've just not enough money to get the parts," she explained as she gestured to the gryphon. "And I can see you looking, silly," she grinned, elbowing him softly. She twirled her pencil and went back to drawing.

Mark sat back and thought about the girl that had punched him and Jett. 'I dunno.' They weren't from this school, maybe this did have something to do with them. All he knew was, they were travelling fast underground toward whatever problem they were meant to be facing, and Mark wasn't as ready to fight as Cinna was. Honestly, he was more of a chill out and face an issue when it arose kind of guy, not a go in all guns blazing one.

~~

Pulling into the Louisiana Knight School was unsettling, maybe it was because the school was completely different yet similar somehow to the Pennsylvania one, or maybe it was because it was deathly quiet in the large underground station it had, but there was something off. Mark couldn't explain it, but he felt like there was something waiting for them inside.

Esko had been sitting depressed the whole way. Sasha had been sitting bored out of her mind. Sasha was glad when they FINALLY arrived, but Esko's mood didn't change. Was he really an idiot? Was he really a jerk? He didn't know. Things were so....complicated. Nothing fealt good anymore, not even the squishy seats of the train.

The place was deathly quiet. Didn't lift Esko's mood one bit. Wow. This place is a bummer. Sasha said, crossing her arms. YO HELLO? She shouted, hearing the echo. She giggled, but Esko sighed. Oh COME ON, Esko! Whatever it is, GET OVER IT. She nudged him. Seriously, just stop milking it. She looked at him. The boy just sighed.

Cara~

"We're here." She looked at Braxton. "If I lose it there, remember the plan," she said in a hushed tone, her voice deathly serious. Then she turned to Mark. "You ready, man?" she said, smiling. She had never really been friends with him, but they talked. She did, however, refuse to make eye contact with Esko or Sasha. She had no idea they were cousins, and was seriously wondering why they hung out so much.

((MENDEZ CAN YOU STOP DOING UNANNOUNCED TIMESKIPS?!?!?!))

Jett turned scarlet and coughed nervously. "I could.... help you get the parts..... my Mum works for NASA, and transferred from UKSP before I was born.... She, um... gets lots of the expense tools and parts for me... I even toy around with a rocket engine..... most kids at the age of seven shoot rocket bottles with their parents... I shot a real mini satellite rocket into space... my own private network unhackible to a extent......" He suddenly fell silent as they arrived, realizing how much he said about himself.... the first time he held a conversation, with anyone other then his parents, or mom.... His dad was allowed two phone calls and a old telegram machine.

When they entered Jett was quite. He set his bags down and ran up to a wall setting his hands on it closing his eyes to listen to the him of the mechanisms.......searching for anything beyond it, searching for anything that might harm them that was a machine through the doors. A trap possibly.....

Lizzy~

"Really? That's so cool! I never was really into mechanics until my dad died; he left me a small cube that when I pushed a button it would fold out into the first gryphon, which I named Tealstone. He, I took apart, but I learned how to make others. And that's what this is," she had said, showing him the drawing.

Lizzy picked up her backpack and slung it back on. "Hmm?" She watched Jett go up to the wall and begin to listen to it. "Hmm."