MendezLightning

Super School

In this world, the caped crusaders and superheroes we once knew and loved have been gone for thirty long years, their absence scarring the earth in disaster and blood and pain.

But now, the Knight Institute has found a replacement. Their children. Born with powers beyond their knowledge and sometimes control, the Knight Institute has established schools - Knight Schools - to teach and nurture these would-be heroes and push them toward greatness, but most of all to save the world from threats.

You are a student at Gilmore Knight School, beneath the town of Gilmore in Pennsylvania. You have your powers, your gifts to the world, your drive and your potential. But you’ve also got a crap ton of hormones, a social life in need of care, homework to do and God knows what else.

Live your life, help your powers grow, become the hero - or villain - of your dreams, just do it before prom night.

Forms:

Username:

Character name:

Personality:

Appearance:

Clique: (bear in mind, you don’t have to belong to one set clique, or any)

Power: (choose your power randomly by clicking the random page button here: [(X)])

Superhero/villain alias:

Character song?: (this is just for fun)

Other:

Rules:

- DC rules apply

- Three characters max.

- My word is law

- No one can be uber-powerful at this stage

(Also, we’re all juniors, no exceptions except NPCs)

Characters:

Username: MendezLightning

Character name: Mark Martinez

Personality: He appears to be a chilled out, funny kind of guy, but he struggles with a lot of issues inside, like body dysmorphia and fears of rejection. He’s not had a particularly tough life, unless you count being the son of a massive bodybuilding super-strength retired hero who is disappointed in his third child hard, but whatever.

Appearance: [He has long, wavy brown hair and green eyes, with a mole next his right eye. He’s 5’11”]

Clique: He’s an art geek

Power: Able to turn his skin into bronze

Superhero/villain alias: Dorado

Character song?: Give Me Your Hand by The Ready Set

Other: Nothing smile.gif

Username: SilentBaws

Character Name: Ellie Walker

Personality: Ellie is caring, kindhearted and brave. She is determined and courageous when someone she cares about is in danger. She is also really charismatic, sweet and outgoing.

Appearance: Ellie

Clique: Poetry and Music addict, she has a beautiful voice too.

Power: Hard Light Constructs ( Creating things from thin light, the power is pretty much undeveloped yet.)

Superhero/Villan alias: Stingray

Character song: 'WINGS' by Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis

Other: None

Username: Esko_the_Wolf

Character name: Esko Arkus

Personality: he is often quiet, not really talking and socializing. He rarely goes to school events like parties and dances, but if he does, he sits in the corner, sometimes getting up to eat or drink something. He keeps to himself, and spends most of his time drawing. He is one of the most skilled drawers around, but due to his unpopularity, he isn't recognized for that. He is happy with not being noticed much.

Appearance: Esko. Yes, he looks exactly like that, even the clothes

Clique: artist. Not obsessed, but extremely skilled. He also does kinda sing, but only when he is alone.

Power: he can draw things and bring them to life to use in battle. So far, he can only summon small things at best.

Superhero/villain alias: Sketch

Character song?: I don't have a song that fits him, but I particularly like Viva la Vida by Coldplay, so I goes with that :3

Other: might develop an Other thing later on

Username: MyaMouse

Character name: Cara-Anne Connolly

Personality: She's no damsel in distress. She's her own woman, a leader, a fighter, and she won't go down without a fight. She's a 'act first, questions later' kind of gal. She's pretty thickheaded and naïve, but tends to handle tough situations well. She relies on her friend Braxton Chame for a lot of things that require brains instead of brawn.

Appearance: Cara-Anne

Clique: Singing and playing her guitar

Power: Superpower Manipulation

Superhero alias: Nightshade

Character song?:

Other: She prefers to be called Cara. She also plays this guitar.

Character name: Braxton Chame

Personality: A smart and shy boy. He's pretty sweet and caring, albeit a bit forgetful and clumsy. Normally keeps to himself, but when he's with his friend(s), Cara (and possibly Ellie), he's a lot more extroverted. He doesn't let go of grudges easy, though, so don't get on his bad side. He relies on Cara for a lot of the things that require brawn instead of brains.

Appearance: The name on the jacket is where I got his superhero name from

Clique: Poetry, singing, playing piano.

Power: Light manipulation

Superhero alias: Neon

Character song?: I dunno...

Other:

Username:AroaraAngelwolf (Aroura)

Character name: Orion jett Smith (Jett)

Personality: He avoids people, preferring his tools and machines. He is shy around girls. Doesn't talk much.

Appearance: Jett has gold medal like eyes 5' 7"

Clique: mechanics..... art? Preferably none.

Power: Technokinesis (more in the quote box second page)

Superhero/villain alias: Talus (Greek mythology, mechanical warrior)

Character song?: anything linkin park, but immortals-fall out boy fits better.

Other: He has multiple scars and oddly heat resistant.

Username: Aroara

Character name: Izta (e-sta) Romerez

Personality: Fearless, wild and sarcastic. Loves cats, and drawing and music. Very acrobatic. Her personality shifts like a cat, so it's hard to tell with her. One moment she's friendly the next she could be your worst enemy. (I'll rp it out)

Appearance: Izta with violet eyes. 5'9"

Clique: Artists, and jocks...

Power: shape shifter Panther

Superhero/villain alias: Pantera

Character song?:The Phoenix-fall out boy

Other: She was born in Texas, near the border of Mexico, knows Spanish.

Edited by MendezLightning

Username: SilentBaws

Character Name: Ellie Walker

Personality: Ellie is caring, kindhearted and brave. She is determined and courageous when someone she cares about is in danger. She is also really charismatic, sweet and outgoing.

Appearance: Ellie

Clique: Poetry and Music addict, she has a beautiful voice too.

Power: Hard Light Constructs ( Creating things from thin light, the power is pretty much undeveloped yet.)

Superhero/Villan alias: Stingray

Character song: 'WINGS' by Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis

Other: None

Edited by SilentBaws

Sup. Some character sheets for you to NOM on. NOM NOMYY NOM!

Username: Esko_the_Wolf

Character name: Esko Arkus

Personality: he is often quiet, not really talking and socializing. He rarely goes to school events like parties and dances, but if he does, he sits in the corner, sometimes getting up to eat or drink something. He keeps to himself, and spends most of his time drawing. He is one of the most skilled drawers around, but due to his unpopularity, he isn't regonized for that. He is happy with not being noticed much.

Appearance: Esko. Yes, he looks excaclty like that, even the clothes

Clique: artist. Not obsessed, but extremely skilled. He also does kinda sing, but only when he is alone.

Power: he can draw things and bring them to life to use in battle. So far, he can only summon small things at best.

Superhero/villain alias: Sketch

Character song?: I don't have a song that fits him, but I particuaraly like Viva la Vida by Coldplay, so I goes with that :3

Other: might develop an Other thing later on

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Character name: Cara-Anne Connolly

Personality: She's no damsel in distress. She's her own woman, a leader, a fighter, and she won't go down without a fight. She's a 'act first, questions later' kind of gal. She's pretty thickheaded and naïve, but tends to handle tough situations well. She relies on her friend Braxton Chame for a lot of things that require brains instead of brawn.

Appearance: Cara-Anne

Clique: Singing and playing her guitar

Power: Superpower Manipulation

Superhero alias: Nightshade

Character song?:

Other: She prefers to be called Cara. This guitar is her dream guitar. She plays this old one.

Character name: Braxton Chame

Personality: A smart and shy boy. He's pretty sweet and caring, albeit a bit forgetful and clumsy. Normally keeps to himself, but when he's with his friend(s), Cara (and possibly Ellie), he's a lot more extroverted. He doesn't let go of grudges easy, though, so don't get on his bad side. He relies on Cara for a lot of the things that require brawn instead of brains.

Appearance: The name on the jacket is where I got his superhero name from

Clique: Poetry, singing, playing piano.

Power: Light manipulation

Superhero alias: Neon

Character song?: I dunno...

Other: Hay Silent, do you mind if Braxton likes Ellie?

So I see you've been liking my picture, Arkus....

Edit: Donk! I knew I forgot something...

Edited by MyaMouse

Oop, I am a doofus. I see what the hero/villan allias is. Lemme go change that

Edit: edit made!

And yes, I love the pic

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Erm...okay. Lemme go change that

Edit: done-did-did

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Username:AroaraAngelwolf (Aroura)

Character name: Orion jett Smith (Jett)

Personality: He avoids people, preferring his tools and machines. He is shy around girls. Doesn't talk much.

Appearance: Jett has gold medal like eyes 5' 7"

Clique: mechanics..... art? Preferably none.

Power: Technokinesis (more in the quote box second page)

Superhero/villain alias: Talus (Greek mythology, mechanical warrior)

Character song?: anything linkin park, but immortals-fall out boy fits better.

Other: He has multiple scars and oddly heat resistant.

Username: Aroara

Character name: Izta (e-sta) Romerez

Personality: Fearless, wild and sarcastic. Loves cats, and drawing and music. Very acrobatic. Her personality shifts like a cat, so it's hard to tell with her. One moment she's friendly the next she could be your worst enemy. (I'll rp it out)

Appearance: Izta with violet eyes. 5'9"

Clique: Artists, and jocks...

Power: shape shifter Panther

Superhero/villain alias: Pantera

Character song?:The Phoenix-fall out boy

Other: She was born in Texas, near the border of Mexico, knows Spanish.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

(Umm, the huehuehue machine that is the random button got me Omnipotence. Should I roll with it and do a "really hard to control powers" thing/"gradual power increase" or discard and continue.)

(Don't know I didn't use the button and I don't know the name. He has fire powers(from his mom's side) and can build/fix/control anything mechanical he can even built animals and such. But he can't control it with his mind. He in a way senses the workings of them (((kinda based on Leo valdez, ... if you know who he is) I don't really consider it magical...I guess you can call it technopath...in a way. But he has to physically fix something for it to work, if he touches it he knows how it works and what is wrong. ))

((Mine is creative, but I didn't get it from the button. It popped into mah mind))

((yeah guys, you were supposed to use the button, so can you all go back do that please, it's so no one gets a predictable power or a power that they would happily go with, because that's hella boring and doesn't exactly raise much tension in terms of superpowers.))

Edited by MendezLightning

((i know that, but the random page button is meant to reflect the randomness and complexities of genetics and their relation to superpowers as well as creating the tension i mentioned before, so could you please do it for Braxton as well. obviously i don't want omnipotence as a power - it's too powerful - and there are a lot of dumb powers on there, but just keep clicking guys smile.gif ))

((i know it's annoying, i had to go through tons as well to get bronze physiology, but it makes it more interesting than everyone having normal, boring powers. honestly though, most of the people who have applied have had powers that haven't been too extreme or generic, so i'll just look at sorting it out. don't worry about the random page button))

((MyaMouse: the amount that your character can manipulate superpowers at this point can't be too high, e.g. being able to block a power when in contact with someone. Braxton's power seems fine

AroaraAngelwolf: can you just dilute the power down to technomancy, it'd be easier, and at this point we're not thinking about secondary powers like pyrokinesis, so can you remove that. And the picture of the panther is too fantastical, the panther should just be a panther.

that seems like everything smile.gif ))

((I'll change that but what the hell is technomancy? I looked it up and it wasn't what I wanted. His power is more physical, not magical.((I don't use the random button because I'm on my kindle, and only found the random wiki, which took me to family guy. So I came up with a list, and did a random selection the hard way.

Look here at the bottom, under demigod abilities, all the bullets under Technokiseis, he has that and machine aptitude/ expertise (they are pretty much the same), right now, the others he'll figure out later. If can't find it's here)

Technokinesis: He has amazing mechanical abilities (even for a child of Hephaestus); he can manipulate a megaphone to say "The cow says moo" in a low voice like Darth Vader's and build a working helicopter out of pipe cleaners. He was able to fix the mechanical dragon Festus in one night, even though the rest of the Hephaestus cabin thought it was beyond repair and had to be destroyed. He even added wings to the dragon so it could fly.

Machine Aptitude: Leo can understand and sense machinery and has the ability to expertly operate machines he has had no prior experience with. He can also communicate with machines such as Festus.

Machine Expertise: Because Leo is a demigod child of Hephaestus, he can instinctively fly or drive any mechanical vehicle expertly, including cars, trains, or helicopters.

Machine Sensitivity: He can sense faults in metal ore and identify machinery type and use by touch.

Trap Detection: Leo can also sense traps, in particular mechanical traps, shown when he saw the hidden trap meant to catch Festus, and when he knew where all the defense mechanisms were in Midas's yard and disarmed them remotely

((Can I please keep my superpower? I mean, his can be random...I just wanna keep his power. I really like it.))

(( I got my power randomly but not from the website you said.. I hope that's fine because i really want to keep her power ))

((everyone's powers seem fine now that i've looked into them. i just don't want anyone to be overpowered, especially since the characters are all high school kids: all of them are approved, Aroara, i'll just change the power name to technokinesis to make it easier to understand smile.gif ))

((Okay! So, other then that, are we good to start?))