Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Arwena nodded then started pacing. "A beast looked like a Panther, black and sleek, it's mouth too wide, and when down its neck, teeth like diggers with saw like edges. It had three tail that looked like black snakes with the heads of a Venus fly trap. It's body reeked of sulfur and other poisoned gasses. It had four eyes all red dots, it's nose was on its throat, wide slits like a dragon's close together...... it's blood was acid, and where ever it touched, the grass was poisoned, the water too, the very air it exhaled was foul and it's odor was more foul then three cave trolls and a cadaver collector put together. It's call was like metal grating on stone mixed with a human scream." She shivered at the memory.

"We ran into one of them and I killed it, but there's more, and they have been plaguing the forest and killing the animals there, not only that, but three days before Jacus came to us, we sent out two elves to scout out the source..... they never came back, and their bodies where found decaying beyond recognition.... "

Jacus gulped as he remembered the beast, "I saw it too... I will never unsee it..."

Televere pondered, "You wouldn't know what it is called or what created them would you? The more information the better."

"It looked like a twisted version of a displacer beast, only larger and more foul, but it didn't move like one. I don't know the name.... black magic made the beast, that was all I could tell, I didn't want to hang around to find out more." She shook her head.

Televere nodded, "I believe you... well that was all... the cities patrols here have also doubled... you see the City of Unity is run by 3 dragons. Military, Economy, and Politics... We are all siblings. My brothers take their job seriously... I cannot... it's too boring that way... That's why I like you too. Your fresh and not stuck up... That being the case I would like to ask you a favor on your return trip..."

"What would that favor be mayor Televere?" Arwena tilted her head like Drago would have as she asked the question. It seemed the more the two are apart, the more the other half influences the other.

"I would never ask this is if I didn't trust you... but I will not force this upon you if you choose not to do so... I understand you relationship with the Dark Elves is negative... but Darkness and Evil are two different things. I do not believe the Dark Elves are the source and their knowledge on the subject of darker side of magic may help us. I would like you to go to the Dark Elf kingdom and negotiate with them... I will send you back with a letter with my seal. They may not like Wood Elves but I commend a different kind of respect... besides, if they did hurt you, Unity, the Elves, and the Humans would go on the offense."

Jacus looked at Arwena with concern and then closed his eyes in thought, "Very well... we will stop by on our trip back... send a letter to our kingdom so they know of the delay. If we get there and find the woods too dangerous we will move on instead."

Televere smiled, "Wonderful. I will get you your letter to the Dark Elves and send a letter to your kingdom. I hope you enjoy your stay for the last night."

Arwena bowed respectfully and took her leave then, her crimson and gold dress swirled dramatically around her feet as she left the room. She looked sick, and her eyes distracted and a stormy color. She leaned against the post in the main entry way, breathing deeply.

She nodded slightly. "Yah, just. My teacher turned when I was twenty. Dark elves have different skulls, bone structure muscle structure..... to watch that, .... hear that so young.... it would be like a five-year old watching his father turn werewolf...... it's... sickening..... I know not all are bad, but seeing how they are and where..distorted it.... changes how someone looks at something. If you saw your father turn werewolf, how would you react? How would you see him after?"

Jacus shrugged, "I still think werewolves are myth... so I never thought about it... just relax, as you said you are only translating. I will handle the negotiating... we got three places counting on us."

"Not a myth, they live in the bad lands.... away from people dragons are real... why can't werewolves be real?. " She nodded again and hugged him leaning against him. "I know,..... I am glad you are coming with me. .... what do we do now?"

"Last? But I wanted to get something in the market, to see if they have talismans to help you speak to Drago..... I'm getting tired of his complaints... he wants to talk to you while I'm sleeping..."

"We can visit the shops before we leave. But tonight is our last night here." He takes her arm and they walk together. "If you feel uncomfortable about any of this.. speak up..."

Arwena shook her head. "I was only uncomfortable at the spa.. you know why... but, the dark elves.... might be like the inn keeper's wife... I... don't know... I just. " She sighed. "I want to see my home again. And the valley, would we have to go around it? Perhaps at the drow kingdom they might help me summon two eagles to carry us and Kayden and Drago..."

Jacus simply kissed her with a smile on his face. "Focus on the now... Okay? I'll take care of traveling. Let's go back and get into some causal clothes, and then you can go to the market while I talk to Drago. Sound like a plan?"

Jacus nodded and walked with her. He talked to the owners as Arwena dressed and kissed her she went off to the market. Jacus got dressed and went into the stable. He patted Kayden and fed him a snack. He then sat by Drago. "How you doing fluffy?"

Arwena looked around the market, and saw a talisman just like what she was looking for and got that and something for herself and Drago. Then a small trinket for her parents, the rest of the time she spent looking around.

Drago huffed and flopped down to the hay covered floor in a board way, then he poked him with his nose tilting his head.

"Heh, don't worry, we will be heading out tomorrow. Arwena told me about your spa experience. Was she pretty?" He said with a smirk.

Arwena headed back with the things she got.

Drago sighed and dipped his head in a nod. He huffed out another sigh. Arwena strode in and placed a oynx beaded necklace with a wooden carved wolf on it around Jacus' neck. "That should help...."

"Can you understand stand me Jacus? " A deep male voice came into his mind. Arwena had walked back into the Inn and into the room. She had checked with the merchant, having him put it on and talk to the dog. He had looked at her funny, but did it anyway trying to explain to her what the dog said until she told him she was a druid and can naturally understand them, but it was a gift for someone who couldn't.

Jacus blinked a few seconds and looked down at the necklace. He then looked back to Drago, "...Drago?"

"Yeesss........." the wolf looked behind him and back at Jacus ears flat. "what is with that look?........Did..... I.. do anything wrong?...." Drago whimpered slightly. "where you expecting a female voice?... I think I am a male..." He lifted up his leg, looked then looked at Jacus. "Yes, I am a male."