Sinion Kabe

Have You Ever Fired a Real Gun?

Yes, rifles and pistols. I believe I learned how to use a gun before I learned how to do laundry. Only stationary targets like milk bottles, and I have no interest in hunting.

I don't like shooting with lots of people, guns are too loud for that.

Edited by alupe99a

I went on a date out in the sticks once. Her dad was a farmer. Came walking towards me holding a shotgun. After a brief greeting he asked me if I wanted to shoot some clay pigeons. I was hitting one after the other, really enjoying it. Felt good to let the weapon off, watching the targets explode. The farmer assumed I'd handled a gun in the past but the closest I had ever got to using any type of gun was at Quasar as a kid. In the distance a flock of real pigeons were coming towards us and the farmer took aim. That is when things went sour in my mind and the fun went away. Thankfully he missed. I think its ok to use a gun for sporting reasons to shoot at non-living objects but when it comes to shooting animals for fun that is when it disgusts me.

Only a couple of times, with air compressed guns at a shooting range.

I was also quite good and may try it again, but Always with air compressed guns and paper targets. I will never shoot at a living animal

My dad taught me how when I was 14. I don't get to do it often so my skills aren't great, but I absolutely love it.

I want to learn how to use various weapons, guns included, for self-defense. I want to own a gun for emergencies. But other than those situations I have no desire to ever use a gun, and even for self-defense it will be semi-reluctantly.

I've shot a pump-action shotgun, a semi-auto shotgun, a Mosin-Nagant, an AK, an AR, a few glocks, a few revolvers including a black powder revolver, a colt 45, and a handful of other guns and rifles I can't remember. I've shot at soda cans, water jugs, a steel target, some paper targets, tannerite - pretty much everything but moving targets, although I've thrown targets for a friend. I've only shot at an outdoor range.

It was fun in the sense that I wasn't half-bad at hitting my targets - I like success, but gun upkeep is ridiculously time consuming and I'm definitely not a fan of gun culture. Overall, I may go shooting again if I was ever offered to, but I've no urge to own a gun or regularly go shooting.

I used to go to the range regularly, and owned about eight 22 rifles and other guns. It was a lot of fun and I was getting pretty good at shooting targets at close range.

As far as hunting goes, I did go twice and would have shot a deer if I could have. Unfortunately, I'm a lousy tracker and never did see one during the day. Since I love camping, I tended to be the one to stay in the camp site to take care of cooking, dry wood, etc.

Well there was one time I was handed a gun by my father, after much considering and other stuff like that of course. When a first held the shotgun I felt as if I already knew how to use it properly, and it turns out I did! I kept the shotgun shell to commemorate that day.

My dad taught me to shoot his .22 rifle, just shooting at a target. I was a pretty good shot, and I enjoyed it.

I used to want to go deer hunting, and I wouldn't mind the shooting part - hunting is common here, and it doesn't bother me - but I'm not sure if I will ever; nowadays I don't think I'd enjoy sitting out in the cold for hours, and then the cleaning and stuff is a long process.

I took a concealed carry class last year - I wasn't sure if I'd be moving to a big city or not, and would have wanted to carry if so. I ended up moving to a small city, so at this point in time I'm not getting a gun, but perhaps once I move into my own house I'd get one - a revolver of some sort, maybe. I'm in a pretty secure apartment building right now, but living on my own I'd feel safer with one.

Yes, I've shot a .22 rifle a few times. Just target practice and such. I don't have very good aim with a gun as of right now. Haven't done it in over a year.

No. I have never even held a gun and I don't plan to anytime soon. I'm not against anyone owning a gun as long as they have the right permits to and don't have any bad records.

The only thing I want to try is archery. That seems fun and I'd only ever aim at targets. I could never even consider aiming at an animal. I'm completely against hunting.

Yep! And archery!

(I pride myself on safety as an FYI)

OHHHH and I have shot a live fire cannon. It was awesome!

Edited by Condorflight

No, I never have. I'm not sure I ever would.

I have a hard enough time crossing paths at the end of my work day with a coworker who brings his shotgun to work (he's on night shifts and it's not safe here at night).

Yes. Years ago I had a small pistol and fired at targets. I had terrible aim. I'm thinking of getting another and actually taking classes this time.

Nope. BB guns and pellet guns, but never a real gun. I really want to though - it seems like a good skill to have.

Coming from a family of hunters, me and my siblings were taught how to shoot when we were fairly little. Dad was always mega-strict about gun safety. We shot at mountain dew cans, of all things, strung up in trees. I'm willing to brag about my good aim - it's one of the very few things I'm proud of lol

I've never shot an actual animal, but I can definitely see myself getting a hunting license in the future.

No,and I don't think I could ever shoot an actual animal.

EDIT:Typo

Edited by HorseChick

I've shot BB guns once. It was horrible. I HATE guns, and in my opinion, they are one of the worst things mankind could have invented. Guns are killing machines, and even though there are good people who use them responsibly, there are far more unresponsible psychopaths who kill innocent people with them.

yes

fired a rifle after trying the .22 and .45 pistols

and the backlash caused the butt of the rifle to jam into my mouth (i was a kid in camp the rifle was too long for my puny puny arms)

I've shot BB guns once. It was horrible. I HATE guns, and in my opinion, they are one of the worst things mankind could have invented. Guns are killing machines, and even though there are good people who use them responsibly, there are far more unresponsible psychopaths who kill innocent people with them.

"Far more" is a gross overstatement. I don't know where you live, but the US averages about 89 firearms per every 100 residents. That means that for every violent gun crime, there are literally hundreds of law-abiding citizens keeping their guns holstered and secured. The number of defensive uses of firearms per year in the US is exponentially higher than the number of criminal uses. It's totally cool if you don't like guns, but to say that there are "far more unresponsible [irresponsible] psychopaths" than there are peaceful gun owners is just objectively wrong.

I shoot quite often, with a variety of firearms. It's highly enjoyable. I'm looking forward to getting my carry permit as soon as possible.