Sinion Kabe

Have You Ever Fired a Real Gun?

Have you ever fired a real gun?

If so, did you enjoy it? Do you like to shoot at targets or animals? Maybe you go shooting often?

If not, would you like to fire a gun? Would you choose to shoot targets or animals?

I've never done it but I'd like to.

Seems like it'd but a useful skill to know.

But, I don't think I could ever shoot an animal.

I have. BB gun and my mom's handgun. I can't say I was the most accurate show, I'm much better with my bow. My mom has been hunting recently, if unsuccessfully.

And while I don't like the idea of it, I would shoot, kill, and eat an animal if my survival depended on it.

I have (M16s when in the military and a 22 cal pistol afterward), never enjoyed it, even at paper targets.

Now...bows and arrows...that's another story. I'm far more comfortable with that then a gun, though I've only used practice arrows on paper targets so far.

yes i have, rifle dont remember witch one, 22 shot gun ad 12 shot gun

my dad is part of a hunting club ad sometimes i go with them for practice

never shot a real animal, have to get my license for that kind of hunting

so i most shot moving/non-moving targets ad flying disks

Nah and I don't want to

Unless they actually invent sci-fi style laser guns in the future |D

I'd much rather use a crossbow

Or throwing knives

Or a regular knife or some sort of polearm or something

Guns are kinda boring tbh sorry I really don't get why everybody's so into em c':

Edited by Pika_Oi

Yes and yes, I enjoy it and practice on targets. I don't hunt though. The only thing I'd really enjoy shooting was someone coming into my house with the intent to do harm.

Nope. I'm not big on guns. I don't have anything against them, I just have no interest in them. Bow and arrows on the other hand.. I love those! Only target practice though, never a live animal.

I have, and liked it. I used to go hunting, I haven't in a while due to being busy. My own rifle is a 6mm.

About two years ago, my family and I went to a shooting range. First time I ever handled a gun. It was kind of fun. I wouldn't mind going back to a range and doing that again. I don't have any interest in owning a gun, though. I suppose that if I was invited to go hunting I would consider it. I don't mind responsible hunting.

No, I never have. Wasn't one of the things that most peace protestorsa and anti-hunting crowd signed up for.

Nope. Guns were made for one thing, and one thing only. I don't like even the idea of doing that thing.

Yep, plenty of times.

I think I was maybe 7 when I got to spend a day with a Revolutionary War re-enactment group and got a chance to fire a Brown Bess flintlock musket with some help supporting the thing, which was longer than I was tall. Probably the only reason I didn't land on my backside in the dirt from the kick was because the guy whose musket I was shooting was supporting me as much as the musket.

I've done some target shooting with various pistols including a Walther PPK, a Smith and Wesson .38 revolver, a Glock 9mm, a Ruger .45, and a couple of .22s that I don't recall the make of. I'm a fair shot with a pistol, not great, but not terrible either.

I've fired a rifle once or twice, but due to an uncorrectable quirk in my vision, I can barely hit the broad side of a barn with one. Either I hold it right-handed and can't see to aim it properly, or I hold it left-handed and can't brace it well enough to hit what I'm aiming for. Which is a pity, because I love venison and have no moral objection to hunting, but I don't see much point in spending the money on a rifle, ammo, and hunting license when I know that I might be lucky enough to hit something once every eight or ten years.

We have a .22 rifle, and I believe a black-powder muzzleloader. Mom uses the .22 to dispatch woodchucks that get into our garden, but I myself have never fired either, or any other gun. I don't like loud noises very much.

Yes. I have a few. .22 conversion for 1911, 9mm, .380, .45 (couple of those), .44/.50AE (same gun multiple calibers)

I do go to the range on occasion.

I also hunt grouse and ptarmigan. They are delicious.

If I had a rifle I'd go for moose and caribou when in season. Food is really expensive, and it would be nice to have good meat like that. It doesn't bother me like some of the over processed commercial stuff does either.

Running joke, my boyfriend keeps going armed camping with friends during moose season. This year I went Berry picking with a friend of mine, and we got a ton of blueberries and cranberries. Team Gatherer won.

Overall I would not say I enjoy shooting at animals. I don't get kicks killing, if it is not a super clean shot I feel terrible for the bird, and it will be dead as soon as I get up to it. I am greatful for the food, feathers/fur/hide they provide.

I love different target shooting, or even competitions held locally. It is a lot of fun, and I actually much prefer pistol to rifle.

It is nice to know I can hit what I need to, in case of emergencies. It's not fun to be out in the woods and meet a grizzly or even a black bear that takes an interest without back up.

Edited by LupaWulf

Yup, sure have. Personally own a 9mm that I do target shooting with (it's my self defense weapon). When I go out with my dad, I typically take the 12mm short-barrel rifle. The 32 gauge shotgun still kicks my rear. (and rereading the question up top... yeah, guess I can add the ol' M16 and 45 shoots for my gun qualifications for the Navy on there as well.)

I do range shooting, but typically shoot at a friend's place (he's got a rather enormous chunk of land with his own private range built in it).

Both target shooting and hunting are for me - hunting, I usually do birds (pheasant at my Uncle's farm) and small game (rabbit, and those wretched hellbeasts known as squirrels). I would love to try deer, but I haven't had an opportunity to take time off from work for a decent trip, nor do I have the funds for a license right now.

Edited by Wends

Yes, just an air rifle when I was at summer camps. Shooting targets was fun and I liked it. However I would never shoot an animal.

My Dad grew up in a large family of hunters and fishermen, which was necessary for them to help feed the family. He wasn't much for either, though we did fish on the small lake on whose shore we lived while I was growing up. Since my Dad didn't hunt, neither did I.

That being said, I've fired a variety of guns. Started with Dad's .22 cal rifle, which we used to shoot at tin can targets while my sister and I were growing up. My Dad also had his brother's 20 gauge shotgun and shot clay pigeons (skeet) with it, but I never fired that one.

While serving in the U. S. Navy, I needed to qualify for the .45 cal handgun, 12 gauge shotgun, and M14 rifle, so I fired those. I also had an opportunity to fire a few rounds from the .50 cal and M60 machine guns while aboard ship. Except for the machine guns, which were fired into the open waters of the Pacific Ocean, all shooting was aimed at targets.

ETA: I can't really say whether I enjoyed shooting or not; I guess it was okay but not so much that I continued it as a hobby after my service. I haven't shot a gun since then, and that's been almost 25 years ago.

Edited by casprrr

yeah, we shot at little targets like soda bottles