pudding

Demigods and Monsters

Half god? That was impossible, right? The ones she was referencing as apparently being her mother was an ancient deity from a religion nobody worshipped anymore. But it did seem to make sense. This wasn't exactly a normal day and it would explain what was going on a bit better. "How can you tell?" he asked, looking at her in confusion. "Is there a way to know?"

Rose plucked at the grass with one hand and set her flute down on her jeans trading it with her pony rail twirling the tip around her finger. “It’s…… different for everyone…..Some are told or “clamed” by their godly parent, others find out they have powers and discover who they are. I was told. My mom would teach me my powers…” She demonstrated by waving to the tall grass and it grew longer and bent making a little tunnel that formed a shape of a snake and it moved threw the grass like the real thing. “She also thought me to use the sickle…” she pats the weapons on her hip. “But….” She shook her head. “I do not like harming anything, it isn’t my way.” The grassy snake moved like a real one around her twice before she let the grass unbend and return to swaying in the breeze.

Adrian watched the grass as it moved in a very unnatural way, trying to calm himself down. He tried to be logical but he couldn't grasp any of this. It was all just too bizarre but seemed to make sense. But that was Greek mythology. Nobody believed in that anymore? If that was the case, did other mythologies exist? Maybe one of his biological parents was a god. But which one? Which one would suddenly make his entire life so terrible? He didn't know any. "How do you control it?" he asked, looking down at his hands. "Do you have to channel your energy or focus your mind or something?"

Rose blushed. “Umm… kind of… The grass thing takes some focus but, I can tell if a plant is edible or not, and animals like me, those I can’t control…….. As I said, it’s different for everyone.” She stopped, thinking, what if he is a demimonster? “There are demimonsters too. Some have powers as well, but it’s a monster and a human instead of a god. And it isn’t just Greek, there are many! Egyptian, Norse, Roman, Chinese, European, Native American, Indian, Mesopotamian all sorts. But the monsters of those kinds are also real….. Some are harmless, but others…… are not so much.” She stopped again for a moment, studying him with her large mint green eyes, she ran her thin fingers over the keys of the flute in her lap, her skin was milky smooth almost a slight sandy white color, just the slightest hint of color. Her voice once again quieted. “I don’t know how to explain it; I’ve known nearly my whole life that my mother wasn’t mortal. I know it may sound crazy….. But it’s true ….. If that helps any…”

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Pudding made a new character and so I made rose. Rose was playing the flute when Adrian came running in to the grassy meadow where she was, being chased by a bear wolf thing, witch turned in to rats and flys before it attacked him. Rose started to explain to him about demigods and demimonsters. As for our carries, nothing has changed. We haven’t played them waiting for you and shadow to come back.)

"Inti, huh?" Blaze murmured thoughtfully, thinking. "Yeah, Dad mentioned him. Never got to actually meet him, though, as Dad had other places to go and people to see, ya know? But he said that Inti is pretty cool. And If Dad ever shows up sometime soon, I'll introduce you. Though sometimes I wonder if Dad was disappointed at the fact that I could only manipulate light and such, nothing actually offensive other than my wicked bow-shooting skills. I mean, he's like, the god of the freakin sun! You'd think I'd have fire or heat powers or somethin, but light works, too, I guess." Blaze rambled. The amusing thing was, half the time he never even realized that he did it. "Oh! Have you ever met Artemis, my aunt? She's cool! Said that my bow was awesome and that I had skills! She's like, the best aunt ever. Ooh, or what about Zeus? He's my grandfather. And then there's Poseidon and Hades, my grand uncles, and apparently my grandmother is some lady titan named Leto, who I've never really heard of albeit briefly, but apparently the Greek gods can be kinda complicated, and have you ever read Percy Jackson? It's really good but creepy cause that guy wasn't that far off the mark. I'm sorry, I'm rambling again, aren't I?" Blaze asked with a sheepish grin.

------

Caspian stared at King in disbelief. "Did you just... you did! You just picked me UP! I am perfectly capable of walking, you know! I'm 19, not 90! And do you really think I would have been able to start a fire if I didn't have SOME resistance to heat? Geez, what in the world to they teach kids now-a-days?" He asked, throwing his hands in the air and shaking his head, his eyes flashing golden momentarily before he got his anger under control (which he had to learn how to do, in order to keep from fighting with every water dragon he crossed paths with - which wasn't many, but STILL).

"Respect, honor, dignity, self control, showing no fear, showing no weakness, survival, fighting and how to kill both man and animal with a single blow.” He spoke methodically, as if he was taught to do so. He seasoned the meat. “I am 15 not 5, therefore I do not need to be babied. I can take care of my self, and would not have survived for five years if I didn’t not have the strength and intelligence to do so. What do they teach adults now-a-days?” He retorted coolly, showing no emotion what-so-ever, but his icy tone and eyes said he felt otherwise. “I thank you for helping me, and I do appreciate it, but I am a wolf. Our ways of returning the favor may seem unconventional and unnecessary to others but we deem it so.” Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((MY HAITUS IS OVER! NaNoWriMo was a bust this year, and then I just got caught up in other stuff. But I'm back now!

So...what'd I miss?))

((me and pudding just made two new caracters so we can rp while waiteing for you guys. the forms are on the first page, so far they just met each other and Rose is explaining what a demigod is to him.)

((Try not to doible post, especially out of context))

Huffing, Cyrus shifted the bag that sat on his shoulders. A soft thump in the grass proved that the bag itself had been ripped open. Damned wolves. Instantly did his form melt, and he stood on two legs instead of four. Although smaller and weaker, his human shape was much easier to preform tasks like fixing a backpack. You know that's not the truth. The Sphinx replied as he slid the bag from his shoulders. A tear ran down almost the whole bag. What stocks of food he had left spilled out, leaving wrapped snacks to pile into the ground below them. Your dad wouldn't let you starve. Something's keeping him from coming back.

Crow turned away in shock and disgust as the black birds swarmed the body. He fought down the bile that threatened to rise, shielding his eyes and covering his mouth. He knew at a young age that death gave life to those who are living, like a dead jackal gave life to the buzzards that ate it, but the thought of a body being desecrated as such appalled him.

He turned away completely shuddering as he pulled off his jacket and pealed off the hoodie underneath. He wore a plain black t-shirt the sleeves reaching halfway down his upper arm, and black cargo paints. On the inside of his lower right arm was a cartouche,the hieroglyphs in it where colorful and bright against his pale skin. On the outer side of his upper left arm, the one nearest to the girl, two black legs peeked out from under his sleeve they looked like humanoid dog legs. He shakily folded the hoodie, trying to calm himself down.

Crow waited to turn around. "Tell me when they are done…” He sounded sick. He rubbed his face finding the scratch on his cheek and winced. "um… my name is Crow……” He looked over his shoulder at the girl and caught sight of the feasting black birds and snapped his head back to the front gagging as his stomach did a cartwheel.

((Yeah, sure. Your character can join Raven and Crowe at their campfire.))

In mere seconds, the crows all flew away to reveal...absolutely nothing. Raven knew well what had happened. Her mother liked to make a show with carrying off the dead. The demigod shifted the weight of her wings ebenath her cloak and sighed. You may look now. She advised the boy. Curiosity sparkled in her gaze as she looked the stanger over. Most ran in fear whenever the birds attacked, but he merely turned away. How strange. I am Raven. It is a pleasure to meet you.

Crow peeked over his shoulder and sighed when he saw nothing there; he sat down, a little ways away from the spot the body used to be at, but still close enough to the fire. “Raven?” He snickered. “Sorry for my laughter, but both of us share the name of birds that are omens of death. Mine, is Crow. Pleased to meet you.” He studies the girl, noticing she too was studying him as well. He sat on his sweatshirt, cross legged and his hands on his lap setting his curved khopesh in front of him, as though to say he meant no harm to her. His fingers tapped on his knee in a rhythm only he knew, unable to hold still for long.