pudding

Demigods and Monsters

"No," Charlotte replied with a scowl. "Our wolves are not meant to be social. They're meant to immediately attack all intruders, including other wolves. They should have attacked you, and the other monster inside." She frowned as she looked down at the wolves, her pointed gaze making a few of them whine. "I don't know how other wolves are supposed to behave but these are my guard dogs and I can't have them thinking playing with the creatures they're supposed to be killing is alright. If I were you, I'd start running." She pointed a finger accusingly at him, adopting a stance of dominance over the pack. "Kill," she ordered and the wolves quickly complied, jumping to their feet as quickly as they could. There was a bit of chaos as they all tried to turn around at once but they managed to recover quickly and lunged at the werewolf. Charlotte had no time for sympathy. Her father would not be pleased with her allowing such a thing and when it came to authority, his was the highest.

((Hello there. This looks interesting.

Username: polaristar

Name: Caspian

Godly/Monsterly Parent: Water Dragon

Mythology: Eurasian

Powers:

- Can Transform into a dragon

- Can Manipulate Water

- Enhanced Strength, Speed, and Senses

Weaknesses:

- Heat: Heat greatly weakens him, and if he is exposed to it for too long he'll die

- No Water: Water makes him stronger, so no water equals weakness

- He needs to be in water at least once a day or he will be greatly weakened or even die if he isn't in water enough

- Fire: Similar to heat, fire can be deadly to him

- Mood swings: Caspian can have dangerous mood swings, causing him to lose his temper easily which can get him into trouble

Sexuality: (Optional)

History: Caspian was brought up by his father, Riptide, off the coast of Europe. Due to his shifting abilities, he and his father would often wander the waters around their home, occasionally bumping into other creatures but mainly keeping to themselves. When his father died due do poisoning off the coast, Caspian grew bitter towards humans and tends to stick to himself.

Personality: Caspian is silent and moody, often going from (relatively) cheerful to angry in under a minute. He is sarcastic but a prankster, often getting revenge for past wrongs in the most hilarious (to him, not the victim) way possible.

Appearance:

Human Form

Dragon Form - While he can be on land in this form, he moves more quickly and easily in water.

Other: His clothes are ripped to shreds when he changes from human to dragon then back again.

I hope that's ok...))

Edited by polaristar

King shifted in to his anthro form towering over the wolves baring all his fangs and snarls, then barks so loud it sounded like a gunshot. He slapped two wolves aside and pinned two more down, this form he could speak, but only barely. His voice sounded like rocks in a blender from being jarred by a constant snarl. “You said I could stay! Wolves and common dogs are nothing alike! Training the instinct out of a wolf is like saying you must be a human; eat like a human go out in the sun like a human!” He leaped around not even growing tired he threw a wolf who tried to bite him in to a tree knocking it out, before he leaped on her pinning her, knowing if he attacks said “alpha” they would stop for that would be a challenge to their alpha not to them.

He stared at her blue eyes not even blinking as he stood above her, lightly pinning her to the ground, but enough to keep her still. “My father knew better then to attack your kind. It was the stupid people he bit that would attack vampires. He told me of the vampire’s sway over the wolf, and respects him for it. As I do you. I step out of these woods I am hunted, either for my wolf form, or for my monsters looks. My kind is feared like yours, and so hunted down like animals. Let me stay here and I can train your wolves for you, buy using their way, not by treating them like” His lip curled in distaste at the word, “Dogs.” His gaze unyielding, fearless and determined.

((waterdragons are a Eurasian myth. (mostly in asia, chinese/japinese arieas) i've done reading on them and colect dragon figuriens. Chinese dragons have been known to inhabet rivers... in euope and amarica the dragons are firebreathers.))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Accepted, Polarstar.))

Charlotte managed to retain her cool as the man transformed again, this time into a half-beast creature. Even though he tossed around many of the wolves like flies, he was still greatly outnumbers. Though, it was a little surprising when he suddenly lunged at her, knocking her down onto the stairs. As he spoke, her lips curled back into a snarl. "You are a fool," she snarled, her teeth bared. She suddenly vanished in a puff of smoke and the small bat zoomed away from him before reforming nearby. She wasn't really a fighter but there were certain things she could do. Moving quickly, she leapt towards his back, her fangs bared as she tried to sink her teeth into him. "I do not need to train these wolves! My father commands all of them because they fear him." She turned her head towards the rest of the conscious wolves and they quickly jumped back into action, clawing and biting at the werewolf's arms and legs.

He was glad his neck fur was thick, all she ever got was a mouth full of fur, he shook her off and ran over to a tree climbing it uneasily arms and legs bleeding from the bites he received. He spoke, mostly to himself like he was used to ears flat trying to plan his next move. “I can’t die, not yet... What if I run in to my family?” He whimpers. “My brothers and sisters, mum and pa………” He shook his head and then locks eyes on hers pleading, his growl had stopped; he turned back in to a boy. His voice shook scared more of the wolves then of her; why would fellow monster try to kill another? There are too few of us left! “Let me leave then! I swear on my honor I will not come back here again!” He looked down and the light grey and charcoal colored wolves beneath him. How could she tell he was different from then he had no idea anyway. Sure he was darker black then they where, but they had come dark black spots on them mixed with a lighter grey on their legs. The marks on his arms and legs where healing already, although he didn’t want to jump down again.

Sounds of violence outside made reading unenjoyable. What was going on? The Sphinx lifted his head and puffed air forcefully from his nose. He would have to shut it up himself, wouldn't he? Shutting the book in his hands, Cyrus rose to his paws. He ducked out of the room in favor of

Finding the disturbance. But...which way did he turn? Oh no. He had no clue where to go! A thought occurred to him. What if that girl did this ob purpose? He could beat her down with no problem, so she decided to find a more passive way to kill him! This assumption enraged the young Sphinx. He'd find his way out, and there wasn't a thing she could do about it!

Crow moved to the side of the road when a car passed, his long ears down as he walked keeping his eyes on the tail lights hoping the person doesn’t stop. He was almost home, although the chill creped threw his thin fur causing him to shiver. An Egyptian greyhound was built for the sand and heat of Egypt, not this cold European weather...

((We just started Polar, nothing much going on except at the castle with Charlotte. Crow is a demigod I haven’t been playing him for a few posts because he didn’t have a lot of interaction.))

((Two demimonsters (Cyrus and King) have made their way one by one to Charlotte's castle. While Cyrus let himself inside, King tried playing with the wolves that Dracula commands to patrol the forest around the castle after Charlotte refused to let him inside. However, Charlotte did not like this so she attempted to get the wolves to attack King. That's currently where we are now.

I've got no idea what's going on in the second group but if you want another person to interact with, I have yet to have Sammy jump in.))

Charlotte ran her tongue over her teeth, shaking her head as the werewolf retreated into a tree. The wolves were fully involved in the fight now and began jumping up and down at the base of the tree, trying to snap at him. Fool. Brushing off her dress, she scowled up at him. "I will not prevent you from running away. These wolves will remain in this forest unless they are ordered somewhere else by me or my father. If you make it to the end, they will stop there and not pursue you any longer. But if you fail to outrun them, they will kill you. So you can either stay in that tree forever or attempt to flee."

King snapped at this, his pale blue eyes changing blood red in uncontrolled rage briefly then back again. “Why are you trying to kill me?! I have not done anything to you! I ASKED you if I can stay with in your woods and you told me for a little while. What of the other creature you have within your castle? Did he ask to stay? My father taught me to be well mannered and polite on others territory. I did not threaten you, I did not hurt you! WHY are you doing this to me? We should not be fighting! Strength is in numbers, as your wolves are so rightly proving against me… What would you do if a demigod or human kills all of your wolves, as they do so often now?! What would you do if you’re alone and they find your hiding spot? There is to few of us monsters for us to be killing each other!!” He climbed up farther in the tree away from the snapping jaws. He hated killing wolves, he thought of them as his natural cousins, but right now he wanted his bow and arrows amongst the things in his den.

Cyrus absolutely hated the idea of being trapped within the home. He bolted down the hall and up a case of stairs. Had he gone up stairs? He couldn't remember. The more he ran, the more he realized just how lost he was. Regret soon welled up in his chest as fear seeped into his thoughts. What if he never got out? What if there were real vampires just waiting to attack him? The thought was terrifying to him. He felt like asking for help. But from who? The Greeks were indifferent to him, and the Egyptians wanted to hire him! Maybe...maybe he could ask one of the nicer gods for help. Cyrus slowed to a stop and looked down at the floor. He scratched a drawing into the floorboards and sighed. It was a rough sketch, but he hoped it looked enough like Bes. Beside it stood the profile of a standing hippo. Bes? Tarwet? If you can hear me, help me. Please. This place is evil...I know it. I've gotten myself into something bad. Just...please keep me safe until I get out of this place. Hopefully they both were in a good mood. They were both usually pretty happy gods anyways. They were guardians themselves, so they wouldn't need him to guard anything. Maybe they would want to help him.

"I advised you to keep your time here short. Clearly, our definitions of short are two entirely different things. Either way, I did not give you permission to attempt to domesticate my wolves." She set one arm on her hips, watching him with a scowl on her face. "I have had it up to my fangs in visitors today and I don't care if they're monster, human or demigod. I just want to be left in peace until my father returns! I'm doing my best to watch over the castle on my own but this is the first time he's left me and he's been gone for weeks now! I'm clearly not trying to kill you or you still wouldn't be up in that tree. So just run, then! Run to the end of the forest and they'll leave you be. So get on it, then, or they'll keep at you all night."

“Not trying to kill me?! You sent your wolves on me. And domesticate ? The elder wolves did not join me, the playing is for the pups!” He gestured to the younger ones. “I’m not the one calling them common guard dogs. I don’t mind staying up here all night, I do venture out in the day, though not often. I thought ‘a short time’ meant only for tonight then gone by morning” King stared at the girl. After remaining quiet for a moment he spoke quietly. “Just call off your wolves and I’ll leave right away, you shouldn’t leave a guest in your home alone anyway……. At least you have one, and a family. I hope your dad dose return. No one should be left alone, take it from someone who knows what its like.”

((raven, crow, and i could probably use another person soon-ish. also sorry about not posting as much as you guys but we seem to have opposite sleep schedules and it's difficult to catch up when i get on .3.))

Valentíne's face fell when the girl called herself a vagrant. This was going to be exactly the same as the rest of his encounters with other people. They never stayed long, he shouldn't have gotten his hopes up.

"I'm Valentíne." He murmured dejectedly and pulled his legs out of the water. The next moment he flinched at the sudden screech of a bird. He whipped his head back and forth in confusion as, within a few seconds, they were surrounded by a group of what looked like crows.

"Um... I don't mind if you stay. I don't really get that many visitors..." He said, too nervous to ask about the birds. They were probably harmless, anyway. "Oh, you can have that fish if you want it. I mean, I don't really need it."

Edited by Switch

Charlotte shook her head, waving a hand at him. "It doesn't matter, you've irritated me by attempting to socialize with them. The youngest learn from the adults and they need to know that is not acceptable behavior. So I can't call them off or there is no lesson learnt." She picked up the candles from nearby and shrugged before opening the door. She'd leave him to the wolves. Since the order had been given, there was absolutely no chance of them letting him stay. They'd chase him off without question this time around. So she could return inside.

((I was thinking the same thing switch; I know just how to bring crow to you guys.))

Crow shifted back to his human form, his sweat shirt and jacket providing better warmth then the short fur of the dog shape, his home was past the forest in the country as far from the city as they could get while still being in the school district. He still had a ways to walk. A car peaked the hill behind him and slowed down, it wasn’t until he heard a familiar voice call out “Hey bird boy!” did he throw caution out the window and dashed in to the trees, springing over logs and roots heading deep in to it to get away from his normal tormenter.

It wasn’t in till he saw a glow up ahead did he slow and walked toward the warm light of the fire. He startled a few of the black birds off as he approached, throwing a tense smile at the two sitting by the fire. “Uh hi…” He waved slightly, his trek threw the woods left his hands scratched and he had a bleeding cut on his cheek. Caramel chocolate colored eyes more amber gold in the firelight, lined with kohl and has a light purple-grey eye shadow on just to highlight them, snake bite piercing flashing in the light.

------------

King growled and snorted then he crawled to a lower branch, then one by one he snatched up the wolves at the base of the tree, grabbing them by the scruff of their necks and slamming their heads against the trunk knocking them out cold before lightly dropping them down to the earth below.

This action caused his stomach to twist, each wolf he pushed against the tree trunk he saw his little siblings, all named after people or wolves of mythology or something tied to them; Romulus and Remus, his sister Lupa, little Fenrir, Luna, the youngest twins Geri and Freki, all seven of his siblings, each one he missed deeply. By the time the last wolf was out cold he was crying as he jumped down wiping the hot tears from his face as he gathered his things, the bites and claw marks from the wolves that struggled already healing again. He left the woods trying not to think of his family.

He traveled till dawn, he was well out of the castle grounds by then, where he found a cave and went deep within it’s darkness setting up camp there and falling asleep in the form of a wolf.

For a little while, the girl glanced between the fish and the owner of the fire. Eventually, she unsheathed her sword from its leather scabbard and sliced the fish and half. Taking the smaller half for herself, she offered the other half to the stranger. We can share. Thank you, you're too kind. Spearing her half of the fish through with her sword, she raised it to cook over the fire. After a while, she removed the blade and the speared food and picked some of the meat off. As soon as she did, the crows leaped at the chance of food. It seemed as if she would be swallowed by the horde, until a word was shrieked in a long-dead language. Instantly did all the birds flee, taking instead to sulk in the trees. Scowling, the young woman cast an apologetic glance towards her host. Stupid birds. A nee voice and figure suddenly made Raven much more edgy. She tensed up visibly, her hand clutching her sword. One person she could easily kill if threatened. Two was dangerous.

___

By the time Cyrus managed to find the exit of the castle, he seemed a little more than distressed. A few steps, and he realized that he wasn't safe outside either. The first wolves appeared slowly, until he was completely surrounded. Spinning in a slow circle, fear spiked through his chest. His large wings snapped open and his fur puffed up. The teen was seemingly swallowed as soon as the mob attacked. The only signs that anything other than wolves were in the swarm were multicolored feathers that scattered in the air. Call them off! Call them off! He shrieked. Cyrus swiped at the first few in front of him, but was quickly brought down when his back legs were attacked. Fresh scarlet stained his ginger flanks red as new wounds tore open. Please! Help me! Even for a beast as powerful as himself, he stood no chance against a whole pack of ravenous wolves.

Edited by shadow_claw

All of this noise! No sooner than she had gone back inside and started back towards the library, the sound of screams from outside quickly caught her attention. Frowning, she strode towards the closest window and flung it open, revealing the pack of wolves had begun attacking Cyrus. Well, that was more like it. Still, she did like Cyrus more than the werewolf. Something about the werewolf had just set her off whereas while Cyrus had barged into her home, she wasn't sure he deserved being torn apart. He seemed nice enough to let go.

Whistling loudly, she smacked her hands against the wall of the house a few times. The wolves seemed clearly confused but their hesitation was enough and they moved away from Cyrus to sit down at the base of the castle, under the window where she was staring at Cyrus from. "Are you trying to leave?" Charlotte asked.

Crow saw the girl by the fire tense up, her blade was definitely larger then his, although he kept his on his back, hidden under his jacket. He moved slower in to the fore light studying the two carefully. He spoke again, slower and more hesitant. “Hi, again... sorry for my intrusion, I was….” How was he going to word this? Running? No, definitely not. Hmm…. “….Wondering through the forest and saw the fire light. Would you mind if I sat by the fire for a little? Mostly for the light and warmth…..” Although he was painting and his hair stuck to his forehead in a fine sheen of sweat said he didn’t exactly need the heat for now. His cheek bled from a cut across the bone and his hands where scratched and cut from pushing aside branches. He looked a little disheveled.

Injured and bloody, Cyrus lay in the grass gasping for air. They had stopped...they had actually stopped. One of his large wings covered his face and human torso, while the other was bent awkwardly across the ground. Even though the onslaught had lasted only s few seconds, it had been enough to decimate his health. His back legs had already began to have been stripped of flesh, as if the wolves had planned on eating him alive. As if he hadn't heard the girl's question, Cyrus didn't respond. Instead, he slowly, painfully curled himself under the protection of his one good wing.

((Guys, can I please have a recap so that I know where to jump in? Thanks.))

King woke in his dark cave unable to sleep for long; he decided to make this place his home for now. He shifted human and started to collect thick branches outside not liking the light but he’ll have to deal with it if he wanted to make this place livable for him. He slowly started to build a smoking hut, where the hides and left over meat would cure and dry outside. He wondered why the girl was so callous to him, His father told him of a breed that where like a cross between vampires and his own kind, the lesser known Volkodlak. He sighs. That didn’t work out too well.

((another Link ))

((Charlotte had her wolves attack King at her castle, he knocked them out cold then left finding a cave far from her land around dawn (feel free to jump in then he isen't doing much); after a moment of panic Cyrus escaped and got severely hurt by the same wolves.))

((Also, a new group assembled by a lake presumably far from Cyrus and Charlotte. Raven and Valentíne are sitting by a fire and Crowe joined them.))

Charlotte watched the weakened cat-thing as he huddled on the floor. Okay... She opened the window a bit farther so she could wiggle out and jump to the ground. Her shoes connected with the wet grass before she quickly made her way over to where the shivering mass of feathers and blood was sitting. Oh, great. Now what was she supposed to do? Hesitating, she glanced back at the wolves then knelt down by Cyrus, trying to life his wing up so she could look at him better. She couldn't exactly chase him off in this condition. What was she supposed to do with him now?