pudding

Demigods and Monsters

"Oh?" Charlotte asked, sweeping around to face the Sphinx rather dramatically. If there was one thing she inherited from her father, it was his theatrics. She puffed her chest out as she gestured around herself. "How's that? I don't care about people getting hurt because I don't know people. The only one I care about is my father and I very seriously doubt he'd just allow himself to get swept up in some quest. If they want a vampire, they'll have to find one that isn't the daughter of Dracula because there is absolutely no chance of me running away from this castle for the sake of a god."

The appearance of fire in the forest caught Sammy's attention better than anything. Being very much attuned to the flames, it was near impossible for her not to flock to the fire in the middle of the dark woods. Monsters tended not to make fire so it was most likely human, right? Maybe she could enjoy some company for the night.

Pushing aside the bushes with a long stick, she moved into the clearing where the fire was to find what indeed appeared to be a human. The only issue was he seemed injured. "Oh, geeze," she declared, quickly crossing around the fire to kneel beside him. "Looks like you got into some trouble. Let me see, I think I have some bandages with me." Cutting right to it, she dropped her hefty bags and began rummaging through the various large pockets.

Cyrus chuckled under his breath at her response. What an idiot! Clearly she didn't hear a word that Heka had said! Clearing his throat rather dramtically, his yellow eyes flashed. Your dad's missing! Heka said it himself! Which means he knows where you dad is! Honestly, was this girl even sentient? Gods were cryptic on purpose!

---

Raven stared in silence as the boy who invited her to sit doubled over suddenly. She stood, skirting around the new arrival to check the pulse of the green-haired boy. Just as she thought. Dead. Shaking her head slowly, she slowly exhaled breath from her nose. Why did people always die around her? She was a walking bad omen! In an instant was the body swarmed by the lurking ravens. This time, the kept a wide berth around the two living members of the group.

Caspian nodded slightly before his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "My hair is golden-blonde, not white..." He replied, slightly puzzled. "Go to sleep, kid, I'll go hunting. Do you know how to make snares? I can teach you later." He said, walking off and leaving King to sleep.

------

Blaze yelped in surprise at the girl's appearance and scooted away, making several copies of himself with bows at ready. They wouldn't actually do anything though, as they were merely illusions - bent light rays in order to intimidate any possible threats - but they looked very real. And as he couldn't use his own bow due to the fact that his arm was injured, it was either turn invisible or make duplicates, and if you asked Blaze, duplicates were much cooler. "Who are you?" He asked fiercely, eyes flashing dangerously despite the fact that he was all but helpless.

"My father is not missing!" Charlotte replied defensively, her shoulders rising up to her ears. "Enough of that kind of talk! I will not listen to your foolish words when he has scarcely been gone a few weeks! So leave it be and leave me be!" She scowled as she turned her nose up and all but slammed the door behind her. He was foolish and did not know what he was talking about.

"Wow!" Sammy quickly said, jerking upright as the bag slipped from her grasp. She looked around at the multiple copies around her, unsure of which one to talk to. "Hey, hey," she replied, taking a step backwards. "I'm just here to help, mate. I saw your fire and thought I could use some company for the night. I mean, I'm just wandering and fires are great for sharing."

King yawns stretching out on the furs. “I thought it was… sorry… and yah…..” His voice drifted as he fell asleep. “I do….zzzzz” He was exhausted, the long night and half the day would throw him off a bit but he’ll make do. He always dose. He shifted in to a wolf as he slept, the nightmares always lessened when he was in that form.

Blaze watched the unfamiliar girl for a long moment before the copies of himself vanished. "What are you doing this far in the woods, by yourself?" He asked, moving carefully back against the tree and cursing quietly when he moved his arm the wrong way. "I'm Blaze, by the way."

---------

Caspian used his nose and tracking skills to find a small herd of deer. Stalking them like a shadow, his eyes picked out the weakest of the herd and he dropped back so he was barely five feet away. Said deer grazed on leaves and grass, unaware that it was about to become a meal for a very hungry dragon demi-monster. Crouching on the ground, Caspian's eyes flashed golden momentarily before turning their usual silver color. He backed up a little before running forward and leaping through the air, his eyes becoming a liquid gold and his fingers transforming into dragon talons. His claws sank into the deer's flesh and he grasped it's neck, snapping it and giving the animal a quick death. With a small amount of effort (as his dragon smelled the blood) he managed to become completely human again. He picked up the deer carefully and brought it back to camp before skinning and gutting it. Caspian was reluctant to make a fire as he hated the heat, but he was unsure if the 15-year-old youth could digest raw meat like he could.

Sighing, he decided that a little heat wouldn't kill him and constructed a fire to cook the deer meat. "This better be worth it." He muttered, staying as far away from the flames as possible (while still cooking the meat, of course).

King still slept, until his nose caught the smell of meat it twitched, once, twice before his legs started moving in a dream chase. He yipped; which echoed around the cave and woke him startled. He yawns stretching and shifted back human rubbing his eyes as he crawled out. He tilted his head at the deer meat, stomach protesting at his hesitance.

Then he saw the hide, and retreated back in to his cave and came back out with some tools. “I can cure that hide. And preserve what meat is left. That was my job at home. That and mend and make cloths out of the hides we got…..” He looked at the older boy, even a werewolf still had the same chances of catching a deer, which was a one in twenty, that's why he used traps, to gain a better chance at getting a meal. “thank you I have some seasonings I found…If you want some on the meat that is.”

----

(sorry but no one was posting and someone needed to Bump it.)

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Aroara, do not post twice in a row. Please combine your two posts together.))

"Some hunting," Sammy replied with a smile as she plucked a roll of bandages from her bag, as well as a covered bottle, and crouched down beside him. Considering getting rid of the copies as a sign of it was alright to proceed, she began dumping the contents of the bottle on his injury. It would probably burn but hey, it would clean the wound. "I take it from your clones that you're not exactly mortal. The name's Sammy. I'll tell you my parent if you tell me yours."

Blazed hissed in pain at the burn before it went away. "Hunting, huh? Cool. I used to do that with my dad. Fun guy. We traveled around a lot." He rambled, before realizing the girl had asked him a question. "I am Blaze, master of illusion and son of Apollo." He said quite dramatically, making an illusion of his father just to prove his point. "Anywhooo, I take it you're not completely mortal either? On our travels my dad and I met some demi-monsters, they're cool. They're just children of monsters instead of gods. I bet your the daughter of some sort of god or goddess, considering all the monster children ran away from me. I think it's cause demigods hunt monsters? I dunno, it just makes sense. Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm like seriously ADHD. Mom used to make me take meds but I kinda went cold turkey when I went with Dad so I'm just really hyper all the time which results in frequent insomnia which probably doesn't affect me the way it should but that's really not the point because I'm rambling again." He said, somehow managing to take a breath in between and still keep talking at the same time.

-------

"You're welcome." Caspian said with a chuckle before nodding at the deer's hide. "Feel free to cure it, the hide will probably come in handy sometime. And I am painstakingly cooking this meet because I wasn't sure if you could digest raw meat like I can." He paused for a moment, fanning his face. "This heat is killing me. Literally."

King rushed out and picked the older boy up easily and moved him away from the fire in to the cool cave. “Then stay in here... I can cook it…” He moves back to the fire taking the hide and preparing it for drying in the smoking hut. “I can have raw meat, but only in my half-breed and wolf form. If I eat it in my human shape it makes me sick. But I like it cooked mostly, I only eat raw meat when it’s to wet to start a fire or when I’m traveling…. Thank you again….” He prepares a hunk of meat, sticking it on a spit he made with in five minuets; the boy seemed to know exactly what he was doing.

“As I’ve said before… I would like to talk to someone.” He gave Caspian a grateful smile. “Five years alone is a long time, but I’m still alive aren’t I?

Sammy raised an eyebrow with a chuckle at his strange antics. Capping the bottle, she set it down beside her and began to wrap his arm in bandages. "Monsters? Those are what I hunt, actually. I look for the dangerous ones and get to them before they get to me. I've saved a lot of people doing that." She shook her head slightly, recognizing his father's name. Her eyes lit up as she cut the bandages so she could finish wrapping his injury. "Oh, another sun god!" She declared happily. "I was wondering how often the other ones got out! You probably don't know my dad but his name's Inti. He kind of was a big deal a while ago but he's generally faded out of popular myths. Your dad is a lot more well known, you know? The Greeks got popular again."

((Don't worry about it, Shadow!))

((Same with me, too. I started late and I reeaallyy need to get caught up.))

Username: AroaraAngelwolf

Name: Rosemary Johnson (Rose mostly, her papa calls her Mary)

Godly/Monsterly Parent: Demeter

Mythology: Greek

Powers:

*Grow/manipulate plants

*can tell if fruit/plant is poisonous or edible.

*Animal Friend- she can get them to come to her. (Deer rabbits to bears cougars and wolves. Won’t hurt her if not startled by something else)

Weaknesses:

*Pacifist; hates to fight or hurt anything living thing

*Vegetarian- can’t stand the smell of meat, it makes her sick

*Shy

*dyslexic, and can’t stay focused on a single thing

Sexuality:

History: She lived with her dad on a farm for most of her life, her mother would visit during the spring summer months, then disappear around fall and winter. When she turned 16 her mother gave her a pair of bronze sickles to train with, she learned how to wield them but she never actually uses them against anyone. When she turned 18 her mother sent her away to find her own path in life.

Personality: Kind caring and vary sweet. Extremely shy. More in rp

Appearance: Has mint green eyes

Rosemary

Other: She plays a silver flute, and is an amazing singer (hits the high note in phantom of the opera) but she doesn’t like to sing around people.

((Accepted. You can start whenever you like since I'll be gone for a few minutes to eat.))

(So will I in a few minuets. )

Rose sat in a huge grassy field filled with flowers. She sat on an old tree stump, her flute to her lips, playing a sweet melody, a bird on her shoulder, a deer at her feet. As she played the flowers scent grew stronger, and moss spread along the base of the stump. Her golden hair was tied back in a red ribbon eyes closed as she played. The sickles lay behind her on the stump, they where only used to cut the wild fruit that she picked, and to dig up and chop roots.

Adrian could feel his chest tightening as he fumbled his pockets. He could hear the wolf or whatever it was sniffing around his hiding place between the large rocks but there wasn't much he could do. Grasping his inhaler in shaky hands, he exhaled then lifted it to his mouth and pressed the button to release the medicine inside. As he did so, he closed his eyes, trying to figure out exactly how it had come to this. Hearing the creature move away from his hiding place, he hesitated then sprang upwards, stumbling away from the rocks. He didn't have much choice but to try running again since it or something else would find him if he just sat still. The sound of howling from very close behind him alerted him that he had been seen but Adrian didn't slow as he broke free from the trees and stumbled into a field of flowers. He made it about twenty feet from the edge of the wolves before tripping over his own feet and falling straight to the ground about ten feet from the log where a strange girl was sitting, surrounded by animals. Immediately, Adrian rolled over and looked back towards the woods as the large, dog-bear-thing burst from the trees and ran snarling towards him. Cringing, he raised his arms, trying to shield his face.

Rose jumped when the boy collapsed a few feet from her, making the deer jump up and bound off and her bird flutter away, her eyes quickly shot to the bear thing, flute still to her lips. She didn’t want to harm the creature so she could scare it off the only way she could, she picked the highest note and blew hard in to the flute, its shrill sound would daze the beast and hurt its ears, hopefully scaring it away. It had worked before with hungry wolves, but if that fails she could always have the grass and roots tangle its feet.

Adrian's hands immediately moved from his face to his ears as a piercing note stung his ears. The dog did not respond so obviously to the threat as, instead of retreating or continuing forward, it promptly broke apart into many black rats and flies that swarmed away through the field in individual paths. Adrian stared in shock where the creature had been, unsure of how to respond to such a thing occurring. Breathless, he watched as one of the rats jumped across his leg, much to his shock. Kicking the rat away, he stumbled to his feet, completely out of breath.

Rose stopped the note as the creature burst and she let out a small squeak and ducked and jumped on the log as the flies and rats went by her. When everything cleared up she lifted her head and slipped down behind the small stump, one hand on the sickles ready to run, the other clutching her precious flute. She peeked across the stump at the boy, hunkering down more as he got up hoping not to be seen. She moved the sheathed sickles down and tied them around her waist slowly crawling back in to the tall grass. “Who are you?” Her voice was soft, and had a musical lit to it, her vibrant mint green eyes peeking around the old log.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Was he hallucinating? That seemed to be the only explanation to being chased through the forest by a wolf, only to have it suddenly break into a bunch of rats and insects. What was even going on with his life now? It seemed like everything was falling apart all at once. Turning his head, he looked towards the sound of the voice calling out to him, his eyebrows knitted together in clear confusion. "I'm just..." he replied, his voice equally soft as he tried to fumble through his thoughts. This was clearly impossible. "Adrian," he managed to say before he sank back down to the ground, cradling his head in his hands.

(won’t be on till late tomorrow so you know)

Rose crawled on the ground slowly stopping five feet from the boy studying him for any injuries. “Adrian?....... I am Rosemary……..you could call me rose…” her voice got quieter as she spoke and she looked at the flattened grass where the wolf beast came bounding toward him then back at him, she asked hesitantly her voice barley above a whisper, legs tense ready to bound away like her deer. “Are you a demigod like me?” As she studied him she saw that he had a hard time breathing so she plucked a poppy and stretched out her hand to give it to him. “I can hear you wheezing, here, this will help you not cough, and relax a bit. Poppies are a natural antitussive, and pain reliever. Try and breath in it’s scent, it might help..”

((No problem.))

"Demi-what?" Adrian asked, obviously confused by her terminology. He shook his head and cradled it in his hands, trying to calm himself down from the scare. "I don't even know what that means," he muttered, pressing his palms to his closed eyes. "I'm just very confused. First my parents, then a wolf, then a wolf turning into rats. I'm certain that's not normal behavior!" He wheezed a few more times as he dismissed her hand in favor of his inhaler once more.

Rose waited till he was breathing normally again before explaining. “A demigod. It’s um... Well…It means as it says, you are half mortal half god, like with powers and such. My father is a farmer, my mother is Demeter, you know the Greek goddess of agriculture, farming and mother hood.” She paused for a moment, her voice still quiet and gentle, finding it easier to talk to him as she would a frightened deer.