pudding

Demigods and Monsters

Then welcome me in and we won't have a problem. The Sphinx remarked. He flicked his tail back and forth as he thought, before finally deciding to fold his wings back down. His head swiveled at the mention of a library. A library? Automatically was Cyrus interested. Food could wait, she had a library! You have a library! Why didn't you say so? The young man trotted after Charlotte until they reached the library. He darted inside as soon as the door was in view and instantly began scanning the shelves. What luck that a creepy castle had such a beautiful library! I'm Cyrus, by the way. It's customary in European meetings to exchange names, correct?

((im going to make a demimonster.. I came up with a good idea last night!))

Crow sighs and hopped down from his small ledge and picked up the lamp heading back out to the graveyard. The Groundskeeper knew he liked to wander the cemetery at night so he would let crow be. He fingered the inch and a half long Ankh around his neck, the loop was a half inch, leaving the rest an inch, giving him a small weapon at his disposal. He also carried a khopesh, the blade was always strapped to his back under his jacket.

He carried the lantern, moving amongst the growing headstones till he reached the eldest section at the back, the forest starting at that point, trees slowly growing thicker, the frail light form the iron lamp casting weak shadows. He didn’t dare enter those woods. Who knows what sort of creatures lay within them hoping to jump a unsuspecting Demigod?

Username: AroaraAngelwolf

Name: King

Godly/Monsterly Parent: Lycaon

Mythology: European/ American (both have their own take on werewolves) Origin in Greece.

Powers:

*Shifting with out the full moon (human anthro and full wolf)

*Superhuman strength

*Wolf senses (heightened) and stamina

*His bite only in full wolf form has the ability to turn someone.

*quick healing

Weaknesses:

*completely colorblind

*Silver (pure or coated) hurts like hell and leaves a nasty burn mark on his skin

*Can be hurt by normal bullets

*mostly nocturnal

*More feral due to time alone.

*Overprotective/ stubborn

Sexuality: Strait

History: long, but I’ll be brief. He was 10 and his parents where gone somewhere, younger sibling hungry so he went out hunting, and fell in a ravine. Three days later he got out came back and found his home empty, his things left there like his family was in a hurry. He hasn’t seen them since then.

Personality: Protective and headstrong, stubborn, but mostly kind, tender, sweet, and vary gentleman like.

Appearance: eyes are a blue so light they look a grey-blue white

Human ( is about 5'8" in this form)

Anthro (taller then his human form, about 6'4")

Wolf slightly larger then the advrege male wolf (size varries from myth to myth)

Other: he is a quick thinker, and his parents taught him to fight in all three forms, lay traps and survive on the woods alone. Wields a bow and arrows.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Charlotte blinked in surprise as the creature suddenly barged past her and began looking over the library with great interest. Why, though? Sure she read often but that was because there was little else to do. She wasn't very good at it so it wasn't an enjoyable past time for her. Setting the candelabra down, she moved over to the fire and tossed a log inside so the embers would have the opportunity to rise back up. "I wouldn't know," she replied. "I don't know what a European is. But if you must know my name, it is Charlotte." Slowly, as not to alert him, she began moving back towards the door. She'd lock the door behind herself and barricade it so she didn't have to deal with the intruder. Her father had been gone for a while but he had to return and he'd take care of this then.

((His parent would need to be a famous werewolf for him to fit into this story. Can you pick one from famous literature of mythology? Aside from that, he looks alright. As soon as you find one, I'll accept him.))

(I edited it, ))

Crow set his lamp down and again, wedged himself in the gap between a bronze lyre wielding angel’s legs on a marble pedestal. The wings curved around him hiding him in shadows the worn angels face looking down at him with blank eyes and expressionless face. He wished he could speak to the dead now, have some company from Grandpa Jacob, his favorite ghost, but alas, they are all sleeping away. Even the dead need rest, ironically.

((I'd prefer Lycaon. When you edit, I'll put it up on the second page. You can start whenever!))

Once he selected a book, Cyrus settled down by the fireplace. Before he opened the book, however, he turned to Charloette. Where are you going? Aren't you going to read? Why wouldn't she read? Look at all the books she had and she choose to do something else? Yellow, cat-like eyes darted to a book that sat open on the large armchair. I bet that's yours. Or are you just trying to avoid me? That would make more sense.

((its corrected.))

King trots through the woods, heading to one of the several traps he set up, he was hoping for a meal tonight. He froze at a strange sent, something….. cattish? It went across his path; it smelled human with undertones of some cat thing he couldn’t figure out a word for. Clearly not human, defiantly not demigod…. But…. What was it? Curiosity killed the cat…. He thought. Good thing I’m not one! He snorted at his own joke; he’ll follow the trail later. Continuing on his way he came across a doe bouncing around the hole he had dug; her faun must have fallen in. He snarled leaping out and scaring her off forcing her to abandon her faun. He stood up changing in to his anthro form leaping down in to the hole and snapping the small deer’s neck before draping it over his shoulders and climbing out heading back to his makeshift den. Perhaps this fellow creature needed a meal? He set down the faun at the opening and crawled in changing human as he did so, gathering up what slight possessions he had. Shouldering his pack, bow and quiver, and throwing the fauns limp legs over the other to balance him out, he headed back to track the strange sent trail, the chill of the night air not bothering him in his warm beaver skin trousers and thick white rabbet vest he made.

Slate-colored eyes turned to look at the cat, then at the chair facing the fire. She'd be lying if she said she understood any of it. She liked looking at the pictures more than anything and only understood some of the words. She really needed her father to read to her or else she didn't understand enough of it to make sense of it. Even the smallest book was too much for her. "I can't read," she replied. "Not well enough, anyway. The library is my father's and he reads to me. I do not know how to manage well enough on my own to get through his books," she shrugged her shoulders. "I'm simply waiting for him to return home. You'd probably find it best to leave before then."

((I'll add it soon, then.))

King followed the sent for a while, it steadily growing stronger as the trail freshened. He kept his icy eyes fixed to the gray earth. He could tell the scent was male, defiantly cat like, and mixed with the smell of hot sand………..what could this monster be? Would he like him, even though he clearly was a dog... he winced at the thought, he called himself a dog.... Bad, that’s really bad! Never do that again! He stopped snarling at himself for his thinking. Five years of solitary dose strange things to a pack loving wolf. Boy did he hope that the creature liked his company, he really needed to talk to someone other then the trees, dead pray, or his endless writings in his journal. He came out of the trees and looked up seeing the castle. It certainly was a magnificent piece of work. Did the cat thing live here? He approached it slowly, smelling the cat things scent heading up to the door.

He took a deep breath to steady his now shaking body. With a striate back he marched up to the door and knocked three times before he backed down a few steps, to indicate he wasn’t a threat. He waited patiently.

Okay then. I don't plan on staying long.color] Cyrus replied. Could she really not read? For the longest time he remembered being taught Greek, then Herioglyphs, then Roman. The modern languages were taught last. He usually spoke Greek around the house when he lived there. What if I make you a deal? I teach you how to read if you let me stay for a little while. A couple days, until I've gotten a little time to rest. That way, I won't just be taking your stuff and leaving. It would give him something to do, at the very least. And that's really what he wanted. A sound made Cyrus abruptly turn his head. That's...that's not your dad, is it? For whatever reason, he felt like he didn't want to meet this girl's father. After all, he had just barged into their home.

Charlotte hesitated, pondering this offer. On one hand, it would give her something to do while her father was gone. But on the other hand, if he returned, he would be mad. He wouldn't blame her if she couldn't get rid of the unwanted guest but associating with him? That was something else entirely. He wouldn't approve of that. But he had left her, hadn't he? It wasn't fair leaving her all alone with no word of when he'd return. Turning away from the library, she frowned at the knocking at the door. "Perhaps," she replied, lifting the candelabra again. "Remain here," she muttered, quickly moving from the room and towards the door. Pulling out the large, golden key yet again, she unlocked it and opened it slightly to peer out at the thing standing on her doorstep. Not her father, then. What was with the visitors today? "Why have you come here?" She asked, keeping a tight hold on the door so he couldn't invite himself in like the last guest had.

King stepped down yet another step startled at the scent of death and cold wafted through yet he was careful not to show it on his face, he didn’t want to offend her. He lowered his head and eyes out of respect. His voice was soft, yet rich and smooth; a calming tone. “I do not mean to intrude miss. I was following a strange scent that lead to your door, and had the wrong impression of who dwelt here…..Again I do not intend to pry, but, if there is a strange cat like creature in your home…would you mind asking for me what exactly is he? I would like to know, incase I come across a scent like his again.” He moved uneasily from one foot to the next. “And while I am here I would like to formally ask for your permission to stay within your wooded borders? If you would like, I could bring by part of what I catch for you as a sort of payment…..” He dips his head lower, following the wild wolf’s way of submission by making himself lower then her and avoiding all eye contact, the faun’s legs swinging forward slightly . “My name is King…. And I am really quite sorry for my intrusion. My own curiosity got the best of me.”

Charlotte stared suspiciously at the man on her doorstep talking about cats. Now that she was closer to him, she was starting to smell something unusual. Like the wet wolves her father sometimes brought inside under his hypnosis. Her nose wrinkled slightly as she held the door firmly within her grip. Was that really her permission to give? "I cannot invite you inside but you may stay within the wood. Try to keep your stay short, however, as my father would not agree with my hospitality." Ignoring the question about the cat entirely, she quickly shut the door. Forgetting to lock it, she quickly moved back towards the library, not wanting to keep the stranger alone for too long without locking him somewhere. Who knows what kind of trouble he could get into?

As it turned out, Cyrus didn't get into any trouble in Charlotte's absence. He settled by the fire and opened his book, and had ended up reading several pages by the time she returned. When she entered the room, he lifted his head. The Demimonster's brow furrowed as something occurred to him. You're looking at me like I'm some sorta freak. Have you never seen a Sphinx before? You know, like the big statue in Egypt or the lady that ate people in Greece? That's my mom, just so you know. Honestly, she was the one who spoke in cryptic, indirect sentences, who lived in the middle of nowhere with nothing to eat, and was illiterate! Honestly! Wrinkling his nose at the thought, Cyrus's wings fluffed up. Besides, Sextopeds are the most common type of living thing. Well...I guess I'm an Octoped countin my wings. Whatever. Point is, I'm not the weird one in this group.

Edited by shadow_claw

"Grease?" Charlotte echoed, tilting her head to one side. "E-yipt?" She set the candles down nearby and looked around the dimly lit room. "I don't know any of those or who your mother is. I've never left the castle before." She looked back towards the cat-man then gestured down the hall that lead to the door. "It was not my father but it was someone asking to see you. Apparently, your stench brought him here. If you are going to stay, I suggest you clean yourself so that you do not attract others here. I do not feel like entertaining a house party."

Valentíne flinched and whipped his head around to face the sudden voice. He stared silently up at the pale girl before him in shock. He was not aware of it, but his expression combined with the dark circles around his eyes gave him a rather eerie appearance. His heart was pounding. This was the first time someone had spoken directly to him since he left his old home.

"N-no... I mean, I don't mind." He replied with a wavering voice, shakily retying his comb to his rope necklace. "Who are you?"

What? This girl had never left her home? That...that was insane! And her dad hadn't told her anything involving geography or mythology? Immeadiately did Cyrus spring to his paws and rush to the bookshelves. He frantically combed through the shelves until he found a massive, heavy Atlas. He carried it to Charlotte, and plopped it down on the floor. Ignorance is a killer. I simply cannot believe your dad would never teach you about common knowledge! With one of his paws, he opened the book and began to flip through the pages. He finally stopped when a map of AfroEurAsia was displayed. With a clawed paw, he pointed to the small landmass known as Europe. We're right here. Somewhere. This continent is called Europe. His claw slowly drifted down to settle upon Greece. This is the country known as Greece. Don't go there. Demigods swarm the place. Finally did his claw rest upon Egypt. This, this is Egypt. Many dangerous gods live here, but it's where I was raised.

---

Slowly did the girl walk to sit by the fire. She pulled the dark cloak around herself tighter and sighed. My name is Raven. I'm just a vagrant, if you must know. Shortly after did the harsh cry of a crow ring through the air. A single, large crow landed a few feet away from the group. Then another. After a few moments, about ten of the dark birds loitered about the lake. I'm sorry if I happened to scare you. I've just been walking for a while and wanted to rest. I promise not to stay long.

Charlotte sat down next to Cyrus, peering at the image in the book. Okay... Was that what the world looked like? To her, the world was just the castle since nothing else mattered. It wasn't like she was ever leaving. "How far away is it?" She asked, pointing to Egypt. "It appears to be very close but I don't see the castle on the map. How long did it take you to get here from your home?" She paused, head tilted to the side. "And why did you leave? I thought all monsters stayed with their parents. Father told me it wasn't safe to leave."

It'd take months to walk there, so it's really far away. Even by flight, it takes a few weeks. The teen answered. Cyrus bristled at the mention of leaving. He had to leave! He had to! Staying there would do him no good! I couldn't stay locked up in a temple forever. I knew what would happen. Ra or possibly Horus would send me to protect one of their children, and I'd spend the rest of my life guarding a killer. Or I'd guard some ages-old temple until I died. The only way I would ever have some mercy is if Bast happened to find me before any of the other gods did. See, my mother is a race that's rare, and highly sought as guards for Egyptian Demigod's. We're much smarter and stronger than the average guard and can steer Demigod's away from danger. But they always throw themselves into trouble... He shook his head a few times to clear his thoughts. She wouldn't understand. Most monsters were usually killed by Demigods. But it was different in Egypt. Sphinxes were so respected by Gods. Monuments of them were built to try to scare away grave robbers and the like.

To this, Charlotte seemed shocked. There were monsters that were not hunted? That couldn't be true! "Why?" she asked, not able to comprehend such a thing. "How did you get them not to hunt you and catch you and shove garlic down your throat? Or-or make you sit in the sun? Or throw crosses at you?" She wanted to know how such a thing was possible. Or maybe he was just lying to her about everything. "What makes you so special?"

To this, Cyrus shrugged. How was he to know? My people were created purely to be guardians. Likely by Ra himself. Even the Greeks at one point asked my mother to guard a city. Never have we been populs enough to trigger paranoia, nor have we particularly been violent. It's really just how well-known we, well, aren't. He finally decided. With a yawn, he closed the Atlas in favor of stretching out by the fireplace. He was truly exhausted. What's more terrifying to you, a race that preys particularly on your people, or a race that only attacks your people when one of them tries to enter a guarded building? It's no suprise why Vampires are infamous and Sphinx are not.

Charlotte opened her mouth to respond but realized she didn't have that good of an argument. It was true, she did need blood to survive. While she could go some time not eating or surviving on the blood of animals, every few weeks her father would come back with some human to let her feed. Still, what was one human to millions? Vampires were much fewer. Frowning, she picked up the atlas and returned it to it's spot on the shelf. "Very well, then," she replied, looking towards the fireplace. "You do not need my hospitality if no one is hunting you. I expect you to be gone by morning or I shall bring my father's wolves in. I want nothing more to do with you." With that, she quickly left the library, intending to barricade the rest of the house to prevent any other unwanted visitors.

King went back to the woods finding a spot and settled down changing in to a wolf. He dug another den still in sight of the castle and was settling down to eat, when the first wild wolf came. He yipped, ears to the side letting them know that it was his kill, he ate first, but he didn’t mind sharing with a pack. Even going two days with out eating, this small faun would go to waist; he alone couldn’t eat it all. He dug in tarring and ripping the meat from the bone when he had his fill, he let the other wolves eat of it, until it was mostly bone and bits of ripped hide. Then he began a game with the other wolves, dropping in to a play bow, his blue black fur shimmering in the starlight tail up and wagging. He let one of the younger ones chase him about the castle yard then cased them back yipping and play growling when they clashed and wrestled. He hasn’t done this in what felt like forever!

Crow got up from his spot and returned the lamp to its hook blowing it out before leaving his sanctuary. He locked the gate and ran his hands along the iron posts that lined it heading farther away from the city toward his home in the countryside. His mom should be home now. He shifted in to the lanky black body of the Egyptian greyhound and trotted along the road, being wary of the shadows.

The loud sound of her father's wolves reached her ears as they yapped. Approaching a window, she looked out into the yard. All of the wolves were a combination of brown and tan, save one she had never seen before that was black. Well, that wasn't normal. None of her father's wolves looked like that. But they weren't attacking it like they normally would. In fact, this was twice the wolves had utterly failed to keep out intruders like they were meant to do.

Approaching the door, she opened it and stepped out onto the porch. She pulled the door closed behind her. Setting the candelabra down, she whistled loudly. Immediately, the older members of the pack stopped short and sprinted over to the door, sitting down in front of her. Her father was able to command nocturnal creatures under his command and, after realizing she had not inherited this ability, had trained the wolves much like dogs. It wasn't as good as absolute command since they could still disobey her but it had not happened yet. Of course, the younger wolves could not be trained as easily so they did not know what was going on as their parents left them behind to sit in front of Charlotte.

The young vampire patted their heads one by one before lifting her finger. They really only knew two commands from her. The first, the whistle, called them over and had them heel in front of her. The second was vague but accomplished what she needed almost always. Either way, she wanted to know who this strange, black wolf was. Staring at it accusingly, she frowned. The pack was not supposed to welcome in other wolves. They had been commanded to act very territorial.

King stopped at the whistle and looked at the girl, his size was slightly bigger then the older wolves, but not by much. Unlike his father, he couldn’t speak in his wolf form. So he trotted over and sat behind the wolves and then stood changing into to his human self his hair the same color as his fur, eyes piercing blue almost glowing in the light of the candles. He was grinning. “Are these your wolves? Sorry to distract them, but they had trouble hunting tonight, I guess they didn’t attack be because I shared my deer with them, that and they know a werewolf when the smell one but still…They would have attacked me anyway, considering I am on their land and by nature they are territorial….Quite sorry for distracting them. I’ve been alone for some time, and,” He gestures to the group of wolves in-between them. “Wolves are naturally are social creatures with one another.”

He remained silent after that his smile wavering a little trying to appear friendly, not threatening.