les-gateaux

Zodiac Academy OOC

This will be Eirwen's second year.

(As for blackmailing, Eirwen already doesn't have the best reputation :3)

Edited by Lilraaos

Oh really? I'm so sorry! I'll do that right now!

(Also, hello Emerald!)

Edited by Lilraaos

Hozuki is third year, too.

Yumeko and Hajime are both teaching for their first year...

...okay SL let's clear a few things up. Sorry if I come across as rude in any of this, I genuinely try not to. But some things have to be said.

First of all, are you trying to portray Yumeko as polite? Because if so, you haven't succeeded. So far Hajime has been pretty grumpy, but Yumeko has stepped on her brother's foot with an amount of force that would make a regular person scream in pain and did nothing to stop him from breaking the rules besides verbally abusing him in various languages (imbecile is pronounced the same in French and English, not to mention all those "brute" comments, so the English-speaking students know what she did). Maybe she had a reason for doing all that, but the onlooking students don't know that. It's perfectly possible for someone watching this scene unfold to interpret Yumeko as the brute here and that's what several of our characters have done. Telling us your original intention isn't going to make our characters in-story change their minds. Hey, even if your character was saintly and good, there will still be people who hate them, because people are different and don't have the same standards for things. Accepting that not everyone will see your character as you see them is part of roleplaying.

Second, using an online translator, no matter how bad or good, is not a substitute for speaking the language. Again, think about it. These are languages that real people speak, and you not speaking them personally isn't an excuse to mangle them. Why not just use italics to represent foreign languages in general? It would save you the anxiety of being corrected. Or better yet, don't include random phrases in different languages to show off. For Yumeko and Hajime, Japanese works perfectly fine as a language to use when they don't want to be understood by anyone else. Switching languages is pretty tiring (I would know and I'm pretty sure you would too) and most people don't randomly do it on a whim.

Well, I'm not really trying to portray Yumeko as particularly kind or anything. She dislikes Hajime, but she's trying her best to be polite to the zodiacs. If I made it sound like I wanted you all to just like her without judgement or make her Mary Sue like or anything, I'm sorry. Usually I'd just go with what your characters said and not really care.

As for the languages, I wanted to be clear with what language Yumeko and Hajime were using, seeing as I made Japanese in Itallics. It's probably also because in Hetalia RPs everyone just translates what people are speaking into the language they are speaking in, so I got used to going to the translator. I'm not using it for full sentences though because I know for certain that it will be inaccurate. I guess I use it translate short phrases for the fun of it.

It's alright, btw, you don't have to apologize. I'm perfectly fine with people correcting me and the likes, because I do want to become better, and get along with all of you. It's just that I have certain issues. I'm not exactly sure why or what these issues are, but I panic and have troubles breathing (my throat feels like it's tightening) when I feel like someone isn't giving me a chance to correct mistakes or explain misunderstandings. I think I'm self-drepreciative, but I honestly haven't learned much psychology so I'm not sure. I also ramble, like I'm probably doing right now.

I'm just going to go calm down because my panicking usually warps my judgement and I'm afraid of typing something offensive in this state. You'll probably see a post from me by tomorrow, but I'm sorry for any inconvienience I've caused and the like.

I saw your post, TUM, and I want to apologize to you. It wasn't offensive, I just over react and panic for certain things and you couldn't have possibly known that. I'm sorry if I made you feel bad. And thank you for what you did.

Edited by SoiledLove

Um, hey guys. I'm not sure what's going on or what happened but I hope it's being (or already has been) resolved! I just wanted to let you know that school is getting really busy and I hurt my hip pretty bad in cross country this weekend so I won't be on too much until everyone settles down. It won't be long and I'll try to get on when I can but I just wanted you guys to know!

That's alright Les smile.gif

When you get back we'll give you a recap (that's if anything happened and if you need one)

Hope you get better soon!

Sorry for not posting, I was asleep busy all weekend and haven't had much chance to post this week. I'll probably free up after Halloween

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Ah man sorry! The injury lasted longer than I thought it would and school got difficult... This looks kinda dead, dang...

Maybe if enough people are still on then we get it back going again? I mean, if not... I'm not sure if we could restart it but we could try I suppose.

So, do we know who's still on for this? I'm gonna restart it if there's not many of us, but I want people to have an opportunity to get back into this before I do.

Oh, this might restart? *tries not to get hopes up* well....if you DO restart, I would be happy to join you guys...*sneaks back into the shadows*

Alright guys, I decided that if I don't hear from enough people by Friday then I'm going to open up zodiacs for whoever is inactive and I'll restart it. Whoever is still active can definitely keep their character, but I really want to get this rp going again as soon as I can!

So for whoever already has a character and wants to stay, just let me know and on Friday I'll reopen any zodiacs that I need to!

Sorry for another post, but since I only had a few people still active, I'm going to restart this roleplay! I've opened up zodiacs and I'm going to get everything restarted now, so anyone who's interested in making a character can pm me!

*eyes sparkle* REALLY?! I NEED TO GET ON IT RIGHT AWAY! Expect it soon, les! I can call you that, right?

Of course! You can either call me les, gateaux, or LG! But just so you guys know, les gateaux means "the cakes" in french so technically by calling me les I'm pretty sure you'd be calling me "the" smile.gif

But I don't really care! Call me whatever you please tongue.gif