les-gateaux

Zodiac Academy OOC

I know you're generalizing but I'm also Chinese and according to BMI I fall into the obese range???? I don't look really chubby but it's like my bones are made of lead. My weight is ridiculously heavy for my height.

I'm 17, 49kg, and 165cm, and my ridiculous metabolism means I couldn't be anything other than freakishly thin if I tried.

Seconded (though different weights and stuff)

It's worth noting that, assuming by West you mean Europe and North America, "Westerners" are heavier on average because more of us are significantly overweight. It has little to do with ethnicity and is entirely cultural

Plus, like Pi said, most of these characters seem pretty "Western." And if I had to guess, the OP is from North America (Since she's an hour behind me time-wise) Which means that she likely unintentionally set the RP in North America due to using the culture she's used to. So people would likely have North American lifestyles and weights

So yes, I know. :\ BMI is really just a very rough application of the square-cube law and doesn't take into account people's different proportions. And it's not like you magically become unhealthy as soon as you cross a numerical threshold.

I'm also Chinese and...that sounds really wrong to me??? I'm 17, 49kg, and 165cm, and my ridiculous metabolism means I couldn't be anything other than freakishly thin if I tried. If you say so, I guess. Most of these characters have fairly "western" names too so I assumed that wasn't an issue.

And back on topic: I should PM the sheet when I'm done, right?

Yup! Just PM me the sheet and I'll look it over!

Seconded (though different weights and stuff)

It's worth noting that, assuming by West you mean Europe and North America, "Westerners" are heavier on average because more of us are significantly overweight. It has little to do with ethnicity and is entirely cultural

Plus, like Pi said, most of these characters seem pretty "Western." And if I had to guess, the OP is from North America (Since she's an hour behind me time-wise) Which means that she likely unintentionally set the RP in North America due to using the culture she's used to. So people would likely have North American lifestyles and weights

Yeah, I'm from North America. I didn't really want to set it somewhere that I've never lived in because I didn't want to get anything wrong and it was just easier I guess.

Heh. I'm Chinese, too (and in China), for that matter and my characters are all Japanese. So yeah. I suppose my characters are the only "non-western" characters? Or am I mistaken?

Ah, right, that's why they are heavier on average...

Heh. I'm Chinese, too (and in China), for that matter and my characters are all Japanese. So yeah. I suppose my characters are the only "non-western" characters? Or am I mistaken?

Aria is more of an Italian mix (hence the darker skin and the surname). Not sure if you would consider that western or not?

Edited by TehUltimateMage

So I added in the roommates! We don't need to wait for everyone to finish their forms before we start, I suppose. I'm actually in school right now though (in a break in class), so I'll start it tonight if I don't get too much homework. smile.gif

Erm, possible issue. Janis/Gemini is nonbinary (neither male nor female in gender). I guess they could go in either dorm? Depending on the genders of the other two characters.

Don't worry about it! Take your time! smile.gif

And by the way, Im getting there with starting up the rp. I have projects and tests coming up, but I'll probably finish for Sunday!

So I hate to be an uptight prick (well not really, but I'm trying to be nice), but I do have one issue I'd like to poke

What does "mostly" mean?

The only thing I can see referencing this elsewhere in his sheet is that people sometimes mistake him for a girl. Lucky. I don't really see any reflection of gender issues in his personality or history. And I see a couple feminine stereotypes tacked onto him in a few places... Which is honestly kind of rude? Okay not just kinda, it's really super rude and I take issue with it if that's supposed to effect his gender. He kinda seems like he's not totally male because of how other people perceive him, not how he actually feels dry.gifI have a cool alternate suggestion that actually makes this a good thing if you're willing to hear it

I'm just not certain what you mean, could you explain more? I'll try not to take offense before then. In case it wasn't obvious, I'm trans and it kinda bugs me

And this is the part where TUM and/or Pi follows up with a far better worded post explaining all the issues far better than I ever could

Hold on... I thought the Zodiacs just transferred to the academy this year, meaning it's their first year at this special school.

(also I support what MW said. What's with you people beating me to the punch all the time?)

Edited by TehUltimateMage

It sounds like some zodiacs could have been attending the school for awhile while others have just started. It also seems like the start of a new year since everyone is getting roommates and everything.

Don't quote me on this though >.<

Edited by Lilraaos

It sounds like some zodiacs could have been attending the school for awhile while others have just started. It also seems like the start of a new year since everyone is getting roommates and everything.

Don't quoted me on this though >.<

That's what I thought too ^.^

Welp, Temperance is new, so yay time for paranoidness

Also shush TUM, I took like a week to get that out, you had plenty of time

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Well what Lilraaos said, I thought that some of them would've already been enrolled at the Academy while others are starting this year, forgive me if I'm wrong.

LwyllasLaVey, I thought only Zodiacs could room with Zodiacs and the normal students had their own dorm?

Oh my god. That's what I was missing! Sorry, MW! I knew I had forgot something. The mostly thing didn't make sense so I planned to delete it, but then I forgot... Yeah, that happens a lot. I was originally intending to make him gender confused because his sister treats him as a girl.

I also have the habit of making my male characters overly feminine when I attempt to tack one or two androgynous traits on. It doesn't happen all the time, and usually only with their appearance, but it still happens. Although I'd love to hear the suggestion you have.

Les-gateaux, can you help me edit it? Thanks.

Edited by SoiledLove

Don't quote me on this though >.<

Yep, that's exactly what it is. Sorry if I was a little unclear about that!

Oh my god. That's what I was missing! Sorry, MW! I knew I had forgot something. The mostly thing didn't make sense so I planned to delete it, but then I forgot... Yeah, that happens a lot. I was originally intending to make him gender confused because his sister treats him as a girl.

I also have the habit of making my male characters overly feminine when I attempt to tack one or two androgynous traits on. It doesn't happen all the time, and usually only with their appearance, but it still happens. Although I'd love to hear the suggestion you have.

Les-gateaux, can you help me edit it? Thanks.

Sure! Do you want the gender to be just male? Just want to be sure.

Yup! Thanks!

Also, ignore the second part of what I wrote. It made less and less sense to even myself after reading it again...

LwyllasLaVey, I thought only Zodiacs could room with Zodiacs and the normal students had their own dorm?

Did they? I'm confused.

Well, I was thinking that he could actually have been born as a girl and be trans. And his sister could be a total censorkip.gif*** who tries to force him to abide by her perceptions of him. It would also very much explain why people mistake him for a girl so much (which would be highly upsetting for him, and he might behave irrationally at times his gender was mixed up)

Just an idea, removing the gender issues entirely is fine too ^^

Did they? I'm confused.

The closest building to the main building on the left is the dormitory. These dorms are available to only The Zodiacs.

There is an almost identical building behind the Zodiacs' dorms are dorms for regular humans.

Lil

I figured it was at the point in Autumn when things had turned color, but it was still warm and there wouldn't be many on the ground. So early to mid September, which I guess technically isn't Autumn yet but shh

Also since L-G hasn't nixed it, Ima assume Autumn was a safe assumption