les-gateaux

Zodiac Academy OOC

Thank you both for the suggestion! I really like the Lion's Pride, so I'll go with that one.

And yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe some of the newer Zodiacs will have lower control to balance it out?

TUM, in case you are confused, my character can control his powers quite well, he just has trouble accessing them. So, like, when the lid's off, he's okay, but when he puts the lid back on his powers, he has a hard time pulling it off.

Alright guys, I just have one more thing (I think) to finish. How should I go about assigning roommates? I could always randomize it, but I'm not sure.

In totally and completely unrelated news that has nothing to do with TUM or Pi or anything

I wouldn't mind if I could reserve Libra please and thank you ^^

Alright guys, I just have one more thing (I think) to finish. How should I go about assigning roommates? I could always randomize it, but I'm not sure.

I don't really mind who Leo's room mate is, it's up to you I guess

Hozuki should be fine with anyone. But maybe you should pair each with someone they are compatible with.

Hozuki should be fine with anyone. But maybe you should pair each with someone they are compatible with.

Same here.

Can I reserve Pisces? I don't have the time to make an actual sheet yet, but I like NEED to be pisces.

Hi again! Reserve me Gemini? (You win, Mage, you win)

Hey! And sure thing!

In totally and completely unrelated news that has nothing to do with TUM or Pi or anything

I wouldn't mind if I could reserve Libra please and thank you ^^

Of course!

Can I reserve Pisces? I don't have the time to make an actual sheet yet, but I like NEED to be pisces.

Take your time!

And now, as said, all of the zodiacs are taken! biggrin.gif

I'm probably just gonna give each zodiac a number, put them in random.org, and we'll see who's roommate is who. It can be boring if everyone's roomed with someone they generally like, so this seems like the most fun option!

Same here!

Should I wait until everyone has filled in their form to do the roommate selection or just go with what we have now?

Question: there is literally zero consensus between sources about which types are compatible with which. Are we supposed to make up our own or something?

Also, interestingly, according to BMI (which is BS but since I have no sense of measurements I'm using it as a rough guideline), seven of the cast are underweight, four of which are boys, and Miss Capricorn is overweight.

I think you should go ahead with the roommates, may as well get things moving along, right?

Also, Pi, get ready to make that eight underweight in a couple days owo

Question: there is literally zero consensus between sources about which types are compatible with which. Are we supposed to make up our own or something?

Also, interestingly, according to BMI (which is BS but since I have no sense of measurements I'm using it as a rough guideline), seven of the cast are underweight, four of which are boys, and Miss Capricorn is overweight.

Well, normally signs that are compatible are ones that are the same element (like how Libra is compatible with both Gemini and Aquarius) but there's usually one or two more that are compatible. If you can't find sources that tell you similar things, just put the others from your sign's element down. I could try to help find the other one if you want though!

No, I was just interested. And vaguely confused because the picture you linked seemed skinnier than that. Honestly we probably need more chubbier characters in the roleplay world in general.

I'm just going to go with what everyone else put, for the compatibilities >_>

Oh really? Who? Which seven?

Btw, BMI is BS. According to it, half our class is underweight. Some are underweight even if they look chubby. So weird...

I dunno, I find it pretty reliable when you are using the metric system. It's calculated your weight (kg) divided by your height (m) squared.

Not to be offensive or anything, but, on average, Westerners are heavier than us Easterners. Wether that's due to bone density or just size and eating habits, I'm not sure, but many Asian people count as underweight in BMI standards. With 18-25 as normal, I'm 17.6, for my BMI, and for my school, I count as normal. There are people who have a BMI of 15 who are male in my school. One guy is 1.60 m and only 39 kg (his BMI was previously 12.8, but he gained weight), but he eats well and is really good at basketball, so I doubt he has a problem. (Although there are people with 20 for their BMI in my school... I only know one 20 and a 22, but no one higher)

So, no, I think it's BS and unreliable.

Anyways, I'm going on a bit of a tangent.

I agree that we should be moving things along.

Edited by SoiledLove

Not to be offensive or anything, but, on average, Westerners are heavier than us Easterners. Wether that's due to bone density or just size and eating habits, I'm not sure, but many Asian people count as underweight in BMI standards. With 18-25 as normal, I'm 17.6, for my BMI, and for my school, I count as normal. There are people who have a BMI of 15 who are male in my school. One guy is 1.60 m and only 39 kg (his BMI was previously 12.8, but he gained weight), but he eats well and is really good at basketball, so I doubt he has a problem. (Although there are people with 20 for their BMI in my school... I only know one 20 and a 22, but no one higher)

So, no, I think it's BS and unreliable.

Anyways, I'm going on a bit of a tangent.

I agree that we should be moving things along.

Oh, okay. smile.gif I've also heard that it doesn't work very well with adolescents going through a growth spurt.

My intention was to make Aries a little heavier to account for her muscle mass, though according to BMI I've landed right in the middle of 'normal' weight. It's not a big deal, but you can increase it to 170lbs if you have time, les-gateaux?

according to BMI (which is BS but since I have no sense of measurements I'm using it as a rough guideline)

So yes, I know. :\ BMI is really just a very rough application of the square-cube law and doesn't take into account people's different proportions. And it's not like you magically become unhealthy as soon as you cross a numerical threshold.

I'm also Chinese and...that sounds really wrong to me??? I'm 17, 49kg, and 165cm, and my ridiculous metabolism means I couldn't be anything other than freakishly thin if I tried. If you say so, I guess. Most of these characters have fairly "western" names too so I assumed that wasn't an issue.

And back on topic: I should PM the sheet when I'm done, right?