pudding

Demonic Exterminators

The reaper paused as he thought about Lucy's offer. There actually was a lot he had never done in this physical world. Voice growing soft with sheepishness, he glanced away from his client. I've...never actually eaten anything. All you humans do it. I want to try. As a Reaper, no food was actually needed to keep himself sustained. His thoughts were soon attracted to the passerby Lucy mentioned. Humans were so strange and so diverse. He didn't understand it. Mm? What makes you so adverse to one of your own species? Especially one of the opposite sex? I don't understand. A silent action, and a rift appeared behind them. From there, a woman appeared. A reaper, to be exact. Nodding in her direction, he carried on as if it never happened. Being a gatekeeper, he contantly was working to allow others through.

A soft swish, and the spectral woman stood inside what appeared to be in a city. The reaper who had let her through to this realm turned its head from where it sat(aka Watinen) and watched as the woman he sat upon moved further away. Her attention flitted to the lone man walking down the street, and she follwed behind him. Humans. She'd only ever seen them as spirits. Their world and their physical bodies were much more intriguing. She had much to learn of this world. And she had to start with the residents of it.

"Yup. Sparknotes," Blaise replied with a slight nod and grin. "You don't know? Then again, you're really smart. I suppose you wouldn't need it. It has the summaries and analysis of many, many books on it, so a lot of students use to slack off on reading," he explained. Sam must really be a good student to have never heard of Sparknotes. Blaise, on the other hand, used it all the time.

"Sam," the teacher called the other of the two this time, "What do you think the author was trying to achieve with this story? Do you agree with the thought that it was about hubris?"

-

Lucy blinked at admission. Huh. It sounded so weird but, then again, Reaper. She didn't know much about them at all. She couldn't judge. "Well, sure. I'll take you on a food tour of earth." She gave a nod before returning her focus to explaining the situation with Skylar. "Well, first of all, we aren't mindless beasts that only mate and eat all day, so it's not like I'd try to seduce every man that comes my way." Then again, she wasn't the prime example of pristine, what with her job and flirtatious nature. "While Skylar is very handsome and mature, he's still eight years younger than me and I don't date high schoolers. Anyhow, it's best to avoid him when he's in a bad mood. He's the Demon of Town after all. Well, not in a literal sense. Everyone's afraid of him for his violent and bloodthirsty nature. He hates being crowded, so the crowd always parts for him in fear of being his punching bag. Usually, he just beats up the troublemakers, but if he's in a bad enough mood, being near him is a danger," Lucy explained. "You should be glad you got me instead of him. Best case scenario, he'd believe you and you wouldn't even have to train him to fight demons. Worst case scenario, he'd believe you and try to join the demons."

-

Skylar was annoyed. Blaise had once again escaped from fighting him. The cowardly insect. He wore a silent snarl as he went on his patrol through the city, looking for a troublemaker to unleash his anger upon. Ah, perfect... His eyes focused on a couple of figures in the darkness of the alleyway. There were a bunch of drunks harassing a woman. How dare they disrupt the peace. He stalked forwards listening to their jeers and drunken slurring. "Perfect," his voice echoed despite its quiet volume and the drunks turned to him, some of the more sober ones paling. "I needed something to release my irritation on." He had his tonfa with him today. This would be fun. "For harassment, I shall crush you, insects." Then, he lunged.

Not too long after, screams resounded within the alleyway.

You say that, but you humans aren't much better than animals. As he settled back down around Lucy's shoulders, he sighed. Lucy would never believe his claims that humans were just as animalistic, but he didn't really care. She could live deluded as long as she wanted. Demons...You will be encountered with one soon. I'll make sure of it. Even the lower-level ones will pose a threat, so I will help you. Still, that Skylar boy was somewhat disconcerting. He had seen that name and face on his list...In an instant, the Mink around Lucy's nevk went limp as Watinen abandoned the body to check something. The spectral form of the horned man pulled a long scroll from the inside of his coat. Valentine...Skylar...Ah! He's not aware yet. Your fears could very well become a reality. Reapers have a list of all those we could hire. Some who have awakened, others who are yet to. He is on this list.

Well? Will you allow it? It will only be for a moment As soon as the victimized woman agreed, Terrin got to work. The victim siezed up for a few seconds, and then suddenly relaxed. As her eyes opened, they were now a bright gold. Terrin rose to her feet, and slowly stalked forward. A touch was all it took. The first man crumpled to the ground. Then the second. Third. Fourth. Soon, a hand hovered over Skylar as she debated wherher or not to reap him as well. The four had been destined to die. He wasn't.

Not yet. Your time hasn't come Her voice surely did not belong to a woman in shock. It was too strong, too...official. Reluctantly, Terrin lowered her arm and released her hold on the woman. The woman, in question, hit the ground almost instantly. Soft sobs soon escaped her mouth as she hugged her knees to her chest.

Th-thank you...th-thank you...

Even if she had blown her cover, Terrin's usual instincts to reap had been too strong. She couldn't help herself. Besides, it was her usual job the way it was. She didn't cross any lines, so there would be no punishment.

((A human wink.gif

Username: polaristar

Name: Annie Storm

Medium for how long?: a few days

Abilities:

- Empathy/Emotion Manipulation (just because they're so similar)

Spirit/Reaper Helper: (You can leave this blank for now.)

Personality: Quiet, reserved

History: RP'd

Appearance: Picture

Other: She has a female dog named Brooke that looks like this

This good?))

Edited by polaristar

((You can only have one power, especially since Telekinesis and Emotion manipulation are very different things.))

Eurus turned his attention forward and stood up, his mind carefully calculation an answer. These lessons were somewhat useless but then again, he did have a family to entertain. He had to try somewhat for them and really, what harm did these lectures do? "I see no reason not to believe it was about Oedipus's excessive pride. The author clearly has some reverence for the fates and by having Oedipus try to overthrow his own destiny, it illustrates both Oedipus's hubris and the manner in which all mortals try to escape from their fates but cannot." He started to sit back down when something outside of the window caught his attention. Sitting in the seat closest to the window, it wasn't too difficult to see the figure standing outside. Who was that? It was impossible to see the figure's face under their dark hair but there was clearly something off about the figure. As he watched, the strange-clothed person walked slowly forward, sliding past various humans to enter the school. That didn't seem quite right. But was it a Reaper? Nobody else seemed to react to the strange person and he didn't want to give away his location if it was a Reaper. From that distance, it was hard to tell. But it certainly made him nervous.

((As we need more demons...

Username: shadow_claw

Name: Dwilian

Reaper-assigned Rank: 5

How long have you been in the Human Plane: for several months now

Type of Demons: for lack of a better term, he's considered a chaos demon

Abilities:

• can influence emotions to create mobs and riots

• because of this, he can usually control (loosely) the actions of people

Weakness:

• is poor at actual combat and usually hides behind a created mob

• usually relies upon the strength of others to stay safe

Personality: For a demon, Dwilian is weak. He has no combat skills and only remained unharmed in his home plane because he could influence other demons to stay away from him. In all reality, he's rather pacifistic. Nearly everything scared him and it makes him pretty skittish. His time in the human world has made him attached to concepts such as art and music, and he is almost always seen with headphones on.

History: (Optional)

Appearance: here

Other:

Username: shadow_claw

Name: Piciil

Reaper-assigned Rank: 3

How long have you been in the Human Plane: two weeks

Type of Demons: elemental (electricity)

Abilities:

• can take energy from machines to use as her own

• can paralyze others with a touch

Weakness:

• refuses to accept the assitance of other demons

• is incredibly arrogant and often bites off more than she can chew.

Personality: (Optional)

History: (Optional)

Appearance: Piciil/URL]

Other: ))

((I edited and combined Empathy and Emotion Manipulation because of how similar they are))

Calla slid the box over to her employer. "I got what you wanted. Now, let's talk money." She growled, leaning back in her chair. Her boss nodded. "Of course. How much were you thinking?" Calla frowned. "You promised a million at least." Her employer sighed. "Would you take one million?" Calla glared. "Two million." He hesitated a moment before nodding and getting out his checkbook. "I want it in cash." She said flatly. He sighed. "I'll be right back." He stood and disappeared into another room.

A few minutes later her returned, a briefcase in hand. "Two million dollars in cash." He said, handing the case to her. Calla opened the lid, her eyes staring greedily at the money enclosed. She quickly counted the money before nodding. "I was never here." She said before slipping out his door.

((Woah. Hey. You can't just post like that without an all-clear. I suggest you delete your post and wait until Pudding approves you.))

((Oh, no, that's a different character, Shadow. Calla was already approved.

You might want to specify with your one demon how they got over before the gap appeared since they've been there for a few months. Was there something special like in Eurus's case or did they just slip by?

Aside from that, they're all accepted now. I'll add them all in.))

((With Dwilian, he slipped through with the magic of mob mentality. A good enough push and a reaper 'willingly' let him through.

And my bad, polaris tongue.gif. Sorry to call you out like that.))

Perhaps he had picked a body too young. After all, he still had to blend in, and that meant a place called "school". He did alright in his classes, but it wasn't enjoyable. Then again, Dwillian enjoyed very little in the Human Plane. Other demons usually pretended he wasn't there, and humans were...human. The demon pondered this as he hurried to school. He was late. Really late. The concept of sleeping was one he discovered to be nice, and he found that it epesically meddled with schedules. Chewing on the inside of his lip (a nervous tick of his), he walked through the courtyard and towards the entrance. As he walked, he couldn't help but shudder as he he noted an off-setting character. The crowd of passerby seemed to do the same. Usually, his influences were subconscious and had little persuasion on the actions of people. It was only when he felt threatened when things became chaotic. 'Scuse me... A soft mutter under his breathe, and he was inside the school building. Now, it was just time to get to work.

Humans. They were so amusing. Finding humans that had been unfortunate enough to end up in the Demon Plane was a rarity so Luul had never been able to experience their complete and utter silliness. Well, not until she had suddenly blacked out in the middle of a fight to find herself surrounded by tall, metal structures and thousands of people. It was like paradise. But like all paradises, she had to ensure that she kept it safe. Reapers and other demons could ruin her chances to slaughter and feed as she pleased so Luul took care in biding her time and her appetite. Little disappearances here and there were not noticed but being surrounded by food was so tempting for her. Especially when humans tasted much better than demons. Just one. All she needed was one.

The sudden sound of someone muttering in her direction, plus the familiar feeling of demonic energy was enough to make the demon snap out of her hungry trace and watch the fleeting form with interest. Her illusions should've kept humans from noticing her presence. Another demon? Well, that was interesting. She had gone to the school in search of a meal but it looked like she'd have some pest control to take care of. Like a shark, she began following the figure, watching him carefully as he retreated inside. She didn't want any low-tier rats running around. Nothing ruined a good meal like another demon.

"It's a book. About demons. Forgive me for asking, but did you just fly here? Who are you? What is your name?" Leon had a lot more questions to ask, but he was worried the person might not answer any of them if he was too insistent. Who was this person, anyway?

((And now, Skylar shall get his powers as a medium. He doesn't know about it, for can he control it, so he'll be consumed by bloodlust whenever his powers are active))

Skylar paused, his tonfa connecting with someone's face. The woman he had saved from before had suddenly stood up, acting all calm and whatnot. And then... Thud. A body dropped to the ground and Skylar's eyes widened. There were three more thuds and he glared as she approached him, stance becoming defensive. He'd growled when she spoke to him, but, just as he was about to speak, the woman dropped to the floor, sobbing.

"Oi," he called, stance relaxing. That irritating feeling of danger was completely gone. "What the censorkip.gif was that, trash? Do you want to die, staling my prey?"

The woman just continued to sob. Skylar rolled his eyes. He had better take the woman to the police station. Obviously, something odd had happened there. He took out his phone and dialed the Vice President of the Student Council. "Hey, it's me. I'm in an alley eight blocks from school. There's a mess here. Come here and clean it up. Take the traumatized victim to the hospital or police station." With that, he hung up, not waiting for a reply and knowing that his orders would be followed. He walked away, finding the sobs annoying. Now he had to take his anger out on someone else...

"Hey! You!" Skylar had barely walked two blocks away when someone called out to him. He was still in the gloomy alleyways, knowing that places like this was optimal for crime. However, it seemed that he didn't have to walk far. "You're Skylar Valentine, right!?" Skylar turned to see about ten people holding different kinds of weapons walking over to surround him. He grinned and slipped out his tonfa. He didn't really care what this was about, as long as he got some entertainment. But then, his grin faltered as he felt a weird sensation run through his body. A sensation of empowerment. When his grin came back, it came back just a little less sane.

"Do you... Want to fight...?" He asked, his maniacal grin widening. The ten, no, thirteen, people tensed, ready to fight. "Then... I shall happily oblige!"

He darted forwards, catching the chin of the man nearest to him in an uppercut. By the crack he heard, he had probably broken the man's jaw. The man collapsed and two others ran at him. He weaved under their attacked, dispatching one with a punch to the stomach and using the other as a shield when the third attacked. Skylar felt absolutely elated. Everything was so clear, his senses so sharp. He felt like he could do anything. Gripping his tonfa in a different way, he used the handle to hook another man's neck and send him sprawling, making the fifth trip and his head crack on the end of his tonfa. He should really draw this out more... He'd get more enjoyment, after all.

-

Blaise caught the subtle change in Sam's composure. The other boy seemed to pale slightly and looked somewhat uncomfortable. Blaise frowned. "Hey, Sam, you alright?" He whispered, not wanting to be called on by the teacher again.

-

Lucy bit her lip at the reaper's words. Urg. Demons... Double Urg, Skylar! She wasn't sure which to be more adverse to facing, but she personally thought it would be Skylar, considering that he was human and yet could fit the description of a demon so perfectly. "Dang it..." She cursed under her breath, before suddenly thinking of something, "Hey, it there anyone else with the surname Valentine on that list?"

Just because he had been blasting music didn't mean he wasn't aware of his senses. A month or two away from his home plane meant he was still on high alert. And this woman...she wasn't one of his usual bullies that he could lose in a crowd. So, as he slowed near his locker, he waited for a few moments before cranking up his powers. A strong, repulsing aura should do it. Although it appeared as if Dwilian was just trying to open his locker, the reactions from the people in the hall proved otherwise. Some, who were weaker to the acts of magic, had passed out. The remaining were vomiting and acting somewhat panicked. Although it was happening all around, all of it was notably a five-foot radius away from the demon. The whole hall seemed to buzz with madness.

Hm... A clawed finger trailing down the scroll, the reaper had fallen silent in thought. Valentine, Valentine...Ah!I'm honestly not supposed to tell you about any of this. You're not supposed to know about others, but since you asked...Yes. There are two. In a flash, the Mink reanimated upon Lucy's shoulder. He shook his head, his fur fluffing out. That boy...he worries me. If the reapers cared enough to put faith in him, then there was no problem.

"You don't say?" Crowe replied, giving the book another shake before carelessly tossing it behind him. "Interesting subject, isn't it? But anyway, enough of that." He waved a hand dismissively as his feet floated a few inches off the ground so he was eye level with his Medium. Perfect, perfect. This was going to be so much fun! "The name's Crowe. I'm a Reaper and kiddo, it has got to be your lucky day. Are you ready to be a hero or what?"

Every hair on the back of Eurus's neck stood up as he turned to look at Blaise. Demon in the building. He'd have to be sure not to run into it. He couldn't afford discovery by anyone. "Yes, of course," he replied with a slight smile. "I'm just not feeling too well. I suppose it must have been the lunch today." He turned back forward, trying to focus his energy on locating where the demon had gone. His powers had weakened so much that such a task was difficult but it was clear she was in the building. What was another demon doing here?

Ew, human bodily fluids. Disgusted, Luul kicked a human away with her foot as he collapsed on the ground and emptied the contents of his stomach very close to her shoe. A strange feeling welled up inside her own body but considering Luul was a demon, she didn't fall as easily prey to the mob mentality. It wasn't something to be shrugged off but it was something that wouldn't make her collapse. But now the hall was gripped with panicking people who ran to and fro, yelling for adults to come. Ah, damn. There went her easy meal. She didn't want to have to deal with the authorities. Well, she'd make sure to kill the demon another time. With a frown, she turned and began walking calmly away. Where else could she go? A park, perhaps?

((There should totally be like a medium and reaper gathering thing. That'd be fun... It would also be chaos, but that's just part of the charm

Also, it should, technically, be morning... But, whatever. Let's say school's just over, is that alright?))

Blaise smiled sympathetically. "Poor you," he commented, looking up as the bell rang. "Oh, hey, class is over." He stifled a small yawn. "So... That coffee shop you were talking about..." Blaise began, only to cut himself off with a charming smile directed at two girls who had approached him.

"Blaise, we're going to go for karaoke. Do you want to come?" One of the girls asked shyly.

"Aw, man. Don't invite him," a guy complained jokingly, "we'd never get any dates if he came!"

The girl that hadn't spoken puffed up her cheeks, about to scold the boy.

"Sorry, girls, I can't come. I have plans today," Blaise said, quickly intervening. "Perhaps next time?" He offered, watching their faces go from disappointment to excitement.

"Alright then!"

Blaise waved as the girls left and faced Sam. "Sorry about that."

-

Lucy nodded, hoping that the other Valentine wasn't Sarah Valentine. She didn't want the nice older woman to get mixed up in this. "Skylar worries me, too... I used to be his therapist and I couldn't really find much wrong with him. I mean, it's not that he has anger management problems, nor does he have a sadistic personality disorder. It's rather baffling as to where his bloodlust comes from..." She told the mink. "He told me that he wanted to quit his sessions after the second one. He was rather polite about it, too. He's actually very reasonable..."

((That's fine. There's only so much they can do sitting in class anyway.))

Eurus blinked slowly, watching as Blaise suddenly turned towards two females. How nice it was that they left him alone so easily. He usually wasn't bombarded by girls but when clubs went after him, it was usually much more threatening. Of course, humans attempting to be threatening to him was just funny. It wasn't like they could actually harm him, even in his weakened form. "The life of the school's Prince Charming must be so tiresome," He declared, lifting up his bag. "Having to decline so many offers to parties and such must really tire you out," He smiled slightly, head tilted slightly to the side as he stepped past Blaise, moving towards the door. They'd have to go out the back to avoid that presence from earlier but if he kept talking, hopefully Blaise would not notice. He could always make an excuse as well. "Are you ready? It's only a short walk there."

((I support the gathering thing. We should make it happen!))

As soon as the other demon had retreated, Dwilian automatically dropped his aura. Oh, thank goodness that had worked. She could've torn him apart right there. The whole sensation had left the younger demon weak at the knees. He needed to tell someone. Eurus? Maybe. The two usually worked in a silent agreement not to blow the others' cover as a human. Eurus would know what to do. After all, he was really smart. All that knowledge of his had to have something. But which class was he in? As the final bell rang, Dwilian burst into the classroom Blaise and Eurus resided in, pale and shaking. Eur-Eurus...I need t-to speak with you. Urgently. Nevermind the human in the room. This was a serious problem!

As the action settled down, the bird of prey that had been circling above the scene dove down. Talons extended towards Skylar, the bird suddenly dropped to the ground. From it did the ghostly form of a green woman appear. Skylar Valentine. You have been deemed worthy by the Spirit Plane to eradicate an infestation upon this plane. I am Terrin, and will be your guide. As soon as she finished speaking, the owl snapped back to life and fluttered onto Skylar's shoulder. Your violent manner is looked down upon in your home, no? I will make them respect you without fear. Your deeds will leave them forever grateful.

((I'd go for that. A meeting sounds fun.))

Edited by shadow_claw

Just as Eurus's started to open the door, it was suddenly flung open and a very out-of-breath yet familiar face called out to him. Using his real name. A chorus of confused mumbles came from the students who hadn't left the room yet rose up as Eurus stared at the other demon. This wasn't a good scenario. He frowned but decided with the urgency he seemed to be expressing, finding another place to talk was a bad idea. They'd just have to speak carefully around everyone. "Why are you here?" He asked, glancing around at the people who had grown confused by the sudden yelling. "We shouldn't associate, you know that. It's dangerous."

((Sure, that works. Where would they meet? And Annie's powers are going to start emerging now, in the form of headaches cause that probably makes the most sense.))

Annie sighed in relief when the bell rung. Her head was pounding, and she wasn't completely sure why. She was never one to get headaches, but this seemed to be on a whole other level entirely. She sighed as she packed her books up and slung her backpack over her shoulder. She walked out the door and the excited chatter of the students did nothing to ease her pounding head. She walked outside, where there were only a few students milling about, and sat down underneath a tree. Her headache had subsided once she had left the classroom and crowded halls of the school. Strange. Rubbing her temples, she stood. "I don't really want to go home yet..." She muttered, mostly to herself.

As soon as Dwilian got a grip on himself, he quickly calmed the small crowd. The soft, suspiscious mutters soon died down and pleasant chatter picked up. That had been a close one. Because he was able to influence people, he was able to get away with occasional slip-ups. Soon enough, people slipped out of the room to reach theur busses and such. Only the three of them remained after a minute or so. Th-There's another. Tried to tail me. I had to throw her off... A concerned look spread across his face as he glanced into the hall. Those who had fainted had been carried off, and multiple janitors were cleaning up the mess of vomit. That had been close.

Another? So he was right then about the mysterious figure he had seen. The troubling part was now that the gap had opened, it could be anyone. Smaller-scale demons were something Eurus didn't mind taking care of since his powers could dispose of unruly creatures very simply and easily. Of course, Dwilian was one of the few creatures he had decided to spare since the other demon couldn't do very much to put him at risk but at these times… "Did you recognize her?" He asked. If it was a high-tier demon, the newer arrival to the Human Plane could know something. But he wouldn't. He had been removed from his home for a long enough time for much to change in the Demon Plane. "What did she do?"