pudding

Demonic Exterminators

((So... A reaper gathering and then they pull their mediums along?

Btw, Blaise's power activates whenever he feels emotion, so he's sort of defending against Dwillian's power whenever it starts to affect him, but his defense falters when he doesn't feel it. That's why it's fluctuating...))

Blaise gave an amused smirk at Sam's words, but it fell as someone else entered the room, panicking and calling Sam by a different name. He narrowed his eyes, feeling something odd, panicky rising in him... But then it died down again... And then it came back. Urg... It was making him feel sick. He frowned as he listened to the conversation and his frown deepened when the feeling went away completely... Along with most of the class. Could they be other Mediums? Or, at least, could the one that entered be. What did that one call Sam? Eris? Erus? Was it his last name?

-

Skylar glared at the voice that interrupted him, the last man dangling from his hand by the neck. When he saw the woman and the owl, he frowned, his bloodlust clearing at the odd sight. He allowed the owl onto his shoulder and released the last, still conscious man. As soon as he did, he punched his fist into the wall near the man's head, denting the brick, and snarled, "Scram, insect, before I decide to crush you under my heel." He straightened, watching as the man fled despite his wounds. Now that they were in private, what with the rest of the men unconscious, he cast a glance at the owl, amazingly calm despite the situation. He had to make sense if this before he acted. "First of all, I don't need a guide. Second, if they don't fear me, they will crowd me. I hate crowds. And, lastly, I have no idea what you're talking about. Explain yourself, owl.." He scowled when he suddenly realized that his hand had acted without his permission, going up to pet the owl's feathers. He breathed out a mental sigh. Whatever.

As if afraid to speak, Dwilian fidgeted as the elder demon spoke. He was naturally skittish, but a stressful situation such as this one did much more damage on his nerves. I..um..yes. Well, I've heard of...people such as her. A near slip of the tongue, and he would've used the word 'demons' instead of 'people'. She was after me, that was for sure. wanted to wipe me out right there and probably... He shuddered. He himself had no need for devouring humans. He fed off chaos and disorder, and there was plenty of that within a school. I'm sure she was gonna get me. So I drove her away. I think it was a bit too much, though...I hope everyone's okay...

Surprisingly, Terrin didn't mind being stroked. She leaned into the touch and relished the feeling. She wasn't sure why, but it felt nice to be petted. I am a reaper. It is my duty to guide the souls of the dead into my home world: the Spirit Plane. But as of late, demons have flooded into your Plane. We aren't entirely sure why or how, but it's our job to return them back to their Plane. That is where you and others like you are involved. You have been gifted with supernatural abilities in order to assist me in restoring order. She paused so the words could sink in. Shifting the weight of her talons on his shoulder, she continued. It is my job to train you to master your ability, and to teach you how to kill demons. as long as I am needed by you, I will remain.

((There will be one. I say the Reapers should get a notification about it to bring their humans along. We can make it in a warehouse or something so all the Reapers have an opportunity to introduce their Mediums to one another.))

That wasn't good. If Dwilian had heard of her, it was more likely it was a higher level demon. Glancing back at Blaise, he hesitated then took a small step closer to Dwilian. "Stay over my house tonight. I know it's dangerous for us to associate but if she's already on your trail, they will be the least of our worries." Staying together meant a bigger target for Reapers to take notice of but they had yet to do so. This female demon would be a bigger threat until she was dealt with or decided to leave them be. But they'd have to work together for that and while he did not like that, it was smarter than dying.

((I'd like to see a league of mediums start. that's be cool))

The thought of having a stronger demon around to keep him safe. Dwilian was, in all honesty, pretty dangerous, but was always too afraid to actually attack. This was exactly why he had such a low rating. If it hadn't been for his desperation to escape his home Plane, he wouldn't even have a rating. And the thought of reapers after him... The demon's gaze flickered to the lone human int he room. A sheepish grin soon curled on hips lips. Uh...sorry if I scared you or anything. I have a problem with being harassed...I can ever stand up for myself, I'm always too scared. I...I'm Dwight. Sam and I are cousins. For being so weak-willed, he was a surprisngly good liar.

((so how do the ratings work? it says in the description that 1 is the most dangerous, but you put it the other order in some of your own forms))

((Oh gosh, sorry! I accidentally did the wrong ones for my demons but I corrected them to where they should be. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

I'll wait for SL before posting.))

((NO problem at all! I just thought something was kinda wonky and thought you might wants to know.))

((But my char doesn't have a Reaper... sad.gif))

Calla opened the door to her townhouse and shut it behind her. "Home sweet home." She said sarcastically. Storing the money away in a safe place, she changed her clothes into something more casual and left once again. "Time to feed..." She murmured, striding into the small forest behind her home. After stealing energy from several birds and a rabbit she went back to the house, satisfied.

---------

Annie sighed a stood, slinging her backpack over her shoulder and entering the school again. She had forgotten to get some books out of her locker and needed to retrieve them in order to study for a test. Spinning in the combination quickly, she opened her locker and shoved her books in her bag. "Stupid math test..." She mumbled. Annie had always disliked math, even though it was one of her better subjects. It might have been the fact that everyone seemed to expect so much from her. She always felt pressured to do well and had never gotten a grade below a B on her report card. But even B's seemed to let her family down.

Blaise grinned good naturedly. "Don't worry about me, but are you alright?" He frowned, concerned, "it doesn't sound nice to be continuously harassed..." He smiled again. "Well, I'm Blaise, Blaise Valentine. It's nice to meet you..." He frowned a little more, looking between the two, "say, you two look nothing alike... Are you like me and Skylar? As in, are you two not blood related? You sure have a better relationship than he and I. He tries to kill me every time we meet." Blaise sighed.

-

"So these demons are disrupting the order, huh?" Skylar asked, eyes darkening in bloodlust, "Then I'll crush them." He glanced at the owl he was petting and sneered slightly, "I don't need anyone's help. How powerful are these... Demons... Anyhow?" Skylar was amazingly calm and believing, but he had always listened to his instincts and he didn't think this... Owl was lying. And, anyways, if owls could talk then demons weren't a far stretch. Unless he was dreaming, of course, but he'd know if he were. He could still count all ten of his fingers.

((I'll make one for ya after school))

Edited by SoiledLove

Dwilian clearly wasn't too bright if he had gone for the cousin excuse. Humans had technology now. It wouldn't work if they could be traced and someone would find something amiss. Luckily, Blaise filled in the gabs with his own idea. "Exactly," He replied with a smile. "We're not blood related at all." He patted Dwilian on the shoulder as he looked between the two. It would be better to keep them separate for now to avoid strange gaps in their stories and make his new friend and classmate suspicious. "Why don't you go home and pack your belongings? Blaise and I are going to a coffee shop nearby so you can take that time to prepare to come over my house for the night."

Leon ran to pick up the book and brush the dirt off it. As he was stooping down he realised that Crowe was floating above the ground. Well, that answers that question. he thought. "You'd no call to throw my book, you know. And what do you mean, 'reaper'?" he said, annoyed. He didn't like people who just barged in and got all bossy. Besides, he wanted to find out what happened next in the book.

Well, this kid sure was stupid. There was only one definition of reaper, wasn't there. "As in Grim Reaper," he replied with a grin. "I guide souls of humans to the afterlife but today, I'm appearing in front of you! Congrats, kid, you're special! You get to save your plane of existence from some hard-core demons. I'll train you how but really, the fate of the world is in your hands. Doesn't that sound great?"

((Username: SL

Name: Katrinia

Age: 1298, but looks like a seven year old kid... Which is creepy for many.

Gender: Female (However, she's using a male host right now)

Abilities: "Life-Giver" - Katrinia is able to produce life force, enhancing the physical and mental powers of her host or minor healing. She can keep something on the verge of death alive if she possesses it. In the Spiritual plane, she can even manifest life force as weaponry or energy blasts. She cannot do that in the human plane though, but can use it to sting/shock people.

Human they are helping: (You can leave this blank for now)

Personality: Katrinia is a cheerful, if a little sadistic, reaper. She's usually smiling or smirking, planning or plotting. She's a slave driver when teaching or leading and pushes both herself and those around her (but mainly those around her) to their limits. She does have a soft spot for children though and smaller animals. But she's still a sadistic b**** most of the time. Luckily, you can escape her sadism as long as you aren't serving under her or being her student, because she will whack you into gear. Oh, she's also a fangirl. A Yaoi fangirl (blame the Japanese). And likes to dress people in dresses, regardless of their gender, as long as they look cute. She's obsessed with Japan and all that comes with it.

History: Katrina is, well, a teacher. She is usually in charge of the younger reapers, instructing them on how to fight, to kill, to protect themselves. Teaching them values and rules. She usually torture - I mean, is very hard and strict on her students, but her playful and mischievous side often plays up, making many students of hers fear her. However, none of them can say she's a bad teacher. She's actually in the human world on vacation, but received the notice that she had to train a medium recently.

Appearance: Something like this...

Host Appearance: Katrinia's host is young boy (who she got permission from to possess) that's only about seven years old. He has dichromatic eyes, one darker brown, one lighter brown, that have a red tint which appears under the light. His hair is midnight black and long, reaching past his shoulders, his bangs falling over his right eye (the darker one). He is usually wearing a pretty kimono because Katrinia wants to look more like a girl. He's cute... In a feminine way, thanks to Katrinia.

Other: Demonic tutor from hell - I mean, reaper tutor from the spirit plane... Who often carries a gun around to, quote, "improve her medium's training." Through intimidation, of course. Don't ask where the gun comes from, that's a trade secret

Username: SL

Name: Yamiko

Reaper-assigned Rank: 1, however, he is weaker in shapeshifted forms

How long have you been in the Human Plane: 3 weeks

Type of Demons: Ferret Daiyokai - Yokai are generally known as odd, gender ambiguous, relatively intelligent demons that aren't really powerful at all. They usually slip into the human plane instead of staying in the demon, liking to cause mischief, unable to be seen by most humans, flying or floating around. However, Daiyokai are a completely different case. Daiyokai are known for being physically powerful, having control over their demonic energy and being able to shapeshift freely. Otherwise, they are diverse just like normal yokai.

Abilities:

-Shapeshifting: Able to change form freely. Can become almost anything smaller and less powerful than himself. However, his power is restricted in such forms and he can't fly (unless he becomes a bird). He is able to reproduce with other species in shapeshifted forms, but the child of such conceptions have no demonic blood.

-Demonic Energy Empowerment: Yamiko draws power by being around demons, or amassing demonic energy (eating demons). He's physically and mentally powerful and resilient against other powers.

-Flight: All yokai are able fly/float

Weakness: No long ranged attacks, often gets drunk on alcohol, rarely takes things seriously (thus fights in a shapeshifted form instead of his true one), loves the spotlight (has a hard time lying low)

Personality: While Yamiko is a very powerful demon, he's a very arrogant and reckless one. He isn't stupid, per say, but he tends to do stupid things. Such as try to take the spotlight and fighting other demons (and eating them) without restraint. He's easily provoked and forgets about his true form sometimes. He also loves wine or any alcoholic drink and loves human food. He often has trouble telling who are which gender due to the fact that most yokai are genderless or can change gender at will.

History: Since Yamiko gains power mainly by eating other demons and is able to sustain himself by eating human food, he doesn't often eat humans, so he's only curious about the human plane. Ever since he got sucked to the human plane, he's been enjoying his life, eating human food and drinking alcohol all the time.

Appearance: A giant white ferret like creature with a long whispy tail and dark markings around his eyes. His eyes red and he has a pair of markings that look like wings on his back. Those markings are, actually, wings, but they are usually hidden like that. In his true form, he can switch between male and female, but prefers male. However, he often takes on the appearance of a white kitten with blue eyes. Or the form of a human child (that looks uncannily like Skylar).

Other:

Are my two characters too powerful?

Me gonna wait for Dwilian))

Edited by SoiledLove

((The biggest problem that I see with Yamiko is that a demon of his level would be heavily monitored by the Spirit Plane. Eurus was monitored while only being a 3 so when he crossed over, it was difficult to escape the Spirit Plane. Having him be sucked through the gap in the barrier is different than him being here for some time. The Spirit Plane would have realized he crossed over due to their monitoring and started a massive man hunt to find him and hunt him down. So he can't be that level and have been in the Human Plane for that long.

Katrinia is fine, however. She's accepted!))

((If you did, he'd no longer be rank 1. Eurus lost a great deal of his strength trying to get off the radar and he'd have to do the same.))

"Actually, no, it doesn't." said Leon. "If you're able to train someone to fight demons, (that's assuming you're telling the truth about the demons), why can't you just save the world yourself? How am I 'special'? Why did you just barge in here and start demanding me to save the world? And present it as an honour? I don't appreciate being called dumb, either." Leon went back to reading.

((Yes, he did just read Crowe's mind without noticing it. Feel free to comment on this.))

Edited by MessengerDragon

((Aw, man... I'm not sure what to do now... I think I'll just have him sucked over

I'm gonna make a weak demon later, too))

Blanching slightly as the two others in the room spoke, he shakily nodded. Y-Yeah...sure. I can do that. I'll...um...I'll see you two later, then. Dwilian ducked out of the room and retreated outside as soon as he finished speaking. The calm air in the room dropped almost as soon as he left. After all, he had never dropped his aura in the first place. Time to pack up what little stuff he had to hide for a while. As embarrassing as it was, the demon had little dignity the way it was.

Most...? Most you could likely defeat, but not without wounds of sorts. The demons you and I will tackle could kill you almost instantly. You do not stand a chance without my help. But, of course, if you do not want my assistance, I could certainly leave you be. As if this was casual for her, Terrin replied in a short and simple manner as if she was listing facts. Which, she technically was. Upon finishing speaking, she spread her wings as if ready to fly off. If this Skylar boy wanted no business in this, she wouldn't force him. She would just find another human to guide.

Annie had finished gathering her items and hurried out of the building, nearly crashing into many of her peers and apologizing profusely. She collapsed on a park bench near the school and sighed. She had come to despise school. To much drama, if you asked her. Well that, and Skylar scared her a little, so she always made sure to stay well away from him. She took out her mp3 and put her earbuds in, listening to music. Annie had always loved music, and it seemed to have a calming effect on her. She leaned back and closed her eyes, sighing. It wouldn't hurt to stay out for a little while...

Blaise smiled and waved goodbye. He then directed a concerned frown at Sam... Or was it Erus? "You sure it's okay for him to go alone? I'm kind of worried..."

-

Skylar eyed the owl and scoffed slightly. "You expect me to work with those other insects?" He questioned rhetorically. "I'll see for myself if I need you or not..." He added though. If these demons were that strong... He'd need help in getting stronger faster and it seemed that this owl could help him. The owl didn't seem to lying, after all. "Show me these... Demons, owl and I'll see if I need assistance or not."

-

((Correct me if I'm wrong, but Katrinia and Annie will be paired, right?))

Katrinia grinned a little as she wondered around, skipping along in her small childish form. She waved and smiled to those that greeted her and hummed quietly. She had recently been notified that she was going to be assigned a medium to train. This was great! It was going to be so fun! Her instincts told her that her medium was somewhere around here... That was when she saw a girl on a bench not far away, seemingly relaxing. Ah, so this was the girl! Katrinia ran over and tugged on the seemingly older girl's sleeve.

"Hey, you! You're Annie, right? Annie Storm?" She asked, her boyish voice bugging her slightly. Well, at least the body she was using was only seven. His voice was more androgynous, really.

"Hey kiddo, I never called you dumb," Crowe replied with a shrug. He was sort of new to this but didn't floating off the ground usually convince people? Scratching the back of his head, he ran his fingers through his hair then sighed. "Look around," He replied, gesturing to the people walking by them. Nobody seemed to give him a second glance despite him clearly not being normal. "I can't interact with normal people from your world. This isn't my plane of existence so interacting with normal people and objects requires a lot of effort. I can do a little like pick up your book but as far as actually touching other people? I can't do that without a vessel. Basically, I am much weaker here than in my home Plane. That's why the Spirit Plane has people like you! Mediums are basically bridges between the Spirit Plane and the Mortal Plane. That's why you can see me and nobody else can." He clapped his hands softly, as if commending Leon. "Look, kid, I'll make this easy for you. I don't want extra paperwork so how about you just shut up and follow my orders? If you don't, I'll risk signing a few dozen more documents to break your kneecaps. If you're going to be useless, I might as well make you very useless. If you don't fight, you don't need to walk."

"Oh, don't worry," Eurus replied, turning back to Blaise as Dwillian ducked away. "The person terrorizing him isn't in this area anymore. I saw her leave so he'll be safe going back to his house and then over to mine. Most likely, she just found someone else to pick on." He sighed slightly and shrugged his shoulders. "It's nothing to worry about. Why don't we go get that coffee?"

((No, that is correct.))

Annie jumped slightly, startled. Her gaze fell upon a young boy and she smiled at him. "Yes, I'm Annie. Why do you ask?" She wondered, tilting her head. A wave of excitement came over her and she furrowed her brow. Why was she excited? That didn't make any sense. Shrugging it off, her attention returned back to the boy in front of her.

--------

Calla wove through the streets, her intimidating glare immediately sending people scurrying away from her. She laughed slightly. "Petty mortals." She said under her breath. She was on her way to a small shop she liked to hang out in, mainly because humans made for such good entertainment. And hey, who wouldn't want to laugh at a human's stupidity?

Leon sighed. He was sure he hadn't imagined Crowe calling him dumb, but it seemed useless to try and say otherwise. And it did seem true that Crowe wasn't visible to anyone but him. However, the annoying boy probably could follow through with his threat. (though what paperwork he meant was beyond Leon's understanding) The fact that people couldn't see him would make it really complicated to get protection against him. So Leon decided to just do what Crowe said for now, though he resented being ordered around, and had absolutely no intention whatsoever of risking his life if demons really were real.

"Well, if you put it that way... what do you want me to do?"

((Also, is Yamiko accepted or...?))

Blaise nodded and smiled. "Alright then," he agreed, "if you say so." He shouldered his bag and gave a lopsided grin. "Usually I'd ask you if you realized coffee was toxic and try to freak you out, but I'm really in need of some coffee myself. I didn't get enough sleep last night..." He gave a yawn, walking out after Sam.

-

Katrinia gave an innocent smile. "That's great, I've found you!" She exclaimed, "From now on, I'm your tutor. My name is Katrinia, nice to meet you, Annie Storm. I hope you're ready to fight demons!"