pudding

Demonic Exterminators

Leon heard the swan chasing him and tried to run even faster. However, soon after he felt the swan on his back. "Ouch!" He didn't know a swan could be so dangerous. The impact had pushed him to the ground, so that he was now bruised all over, with his back hurting from the bird's landing, and from Crowe's beak. He made a mental note to never anger a swan before crawling out from under him. Groaning, he got to his feet. "OK," he said, "you win. Where's this conference of yours?"

Crowe smirked slightly as he stepped off of Leon's back, glad to see he had admitted defeat. It was much easier this way, after all. His wings folded up at his sides as he looked up at Leon, ready to make another move if he decided to run. "A warehouse," He replied, waddling past him. "It's actually only down the street from here. So let's be quick about getting there, kid. If you try anything, I'll get mad. You have no idea what I'm like when I'm mad and I highly doubt you want to. This is my first gig in the Human Plane and I don't want you messing it up for me. You humans are a lot of fun and I don't want to get put on probation again because someone decided to push my buttons." With that, he turned and started to waddle down the street, leading the way for Leon to follow.

The reaper's yellow eyes flashed dangerously at White's exclamation. How dare such a youngling challenge his orders! No, it's homicide. A demon's homicide, in fact. The reaper curled his lips back at white to reveal sharp, jagged teeth. He headed briskly towards the door, his sharp gaze remaining on the group. Unless you want half a city wiped out because of your cowardly actions, you will come with me. Otherwise, the lost souls resulting in it will me on your heads.

--

Dwilian didn't hesitate. A soft shuffling of feet, and he was out the door. What could he say? He was a coward! It was a wonder he had lasted so long in the Demon Plane with such weakness! It was because of demons like Eurus. The demons that hated being demons. That would rather be in the human plane. It was shameful, what a pacifistic life he led.

Luul didn't focus so much on the escaping demon as her focus was more on the on who had insulted her. Throwing her into a wall with some unusual force? Really? What did he mistake her for? Stalking forward, she glanced at the demon then stopped several feet away. She had kept her power masked as best she could to sneak up on him and the other demon but that was clearly something they were not worthy of. She didn't care if a few Reapers became aware of her presence. It was her job, nay, her duty to strike down stupid demons like this one. Lifting her chin slightly, she let her demon energy radiate out, deciding to teach this silly demon why exactly he was inferior to her without even moving a muscle. His energy was much weaker than hers so it was clear who was the stronger one, to her at least.

Eurus's eyes widened in shock as the energy he had failed to notice earlier became obviously clear. What had he been thinking? There was clearly no way for him to win this fight at his current state. His entire body began to shake as goosebumps rose up on his skin.

"I was being kind to you," Luul remarked as she stepped forward, closing the gap between her and Eurus. "Clearly, you need to be taught some manners." A sharp jab to his stomach was all it took for the much weaker demon to fall to the ground at her feet, wheezing. "You will obey my commands from now on, understand? I usually don't associate with such low-ranking demons but you've caught my interest and that will keep you alive as long as you stay in line. I don't handle mutiny very well."

While both Blaise and Lucy paled at the thought of such a frightening being, Skylar simply smirked, eyes flashing gold with bloodlust. He took out a pair of tonfa and grinned sharply. "I'm right behind you," he told Watinen, walking after the other.

Katrinia cackled. "Come on Annie! Let's go! We can't stand around after all. Don't worry, I'll make sure you're alive at the end of this!" She exclaimed, grabbing Annie's hand and skipping after the two. "You might learn something from this!"

Lucy frowned and then closed her eyes and concentrated her power on the group, increasing their luck as much as she could. "I'm not going to fight though. I don't think I'm strong enough yet. I'll play a supporting role, yeah?" She asked Watinen.

Blaise looked at White. "Do I have to go?" He muttered.

White stared at Watiten, unable to think that his course of action was right. What could they do against a demon of that level? It would be better if they survived instead of giving their lives throwing themselves at a demon out of their level. If administration refused to let him get his license after this, so be it. "No, you don't." He replied. "I want to do some training with you instead on smaller tier demons. I'll monitor the death count to see when things truly get out of hand. Have you fought any demons yet with your Reaper?"

Blaise felt relief gush through him. He didn't have to go. But... He was kind of worried about the others. He cast a glance at them before looking back to his reaper. "Well, yeah, a couple of tens and nines, nothing more. I think about three tens and a nine?" He answered. "I haven't fought in a long time though, so Kit didn't want to put me against the stronger ones. She wanted me to build back what I had before."

There were already fractures within the group. They needed to stick together, not argue! That's how the demons would beat them! Feathers ruffled, Terrin remained on Skylar's shoulder as the man walked. Watinen...he was dangerous. His hatred towards demons would get his human killed. The owl shuddered at the thought.

Watinen paused, his gaze glickering back to Lucy. He wouldn't force her to fight. In fact...he had a better idea. This is a perfect oppourtunity, Lucy. If you would let me, we can use this situation to make up for our lost training today. The suddenly calm expression that dominated his features was disturbing. This wasn't his usual offer in training. This time, he planned on going all-out. Whatever Lucy had tasted of his power, she hadn't gotten the whole package.

White nodded, thinking their plan through. Demons had some kind of innate sensing ability to know where others of their species were. It was something about their biology that made them able to sense each other in close proximity. Reapers, however, had to rely on the craftiness of the Council to create devices allowing them to sense demonic energy. Very few Reapers had the ability to sense demonic energy. He was not one of them but the Council had issued him a lot of gear to help with that. "We're going to work on that. Most demons hide their presence but using a scanner, we can locate them much easier. This compass can point us in the direction of the nearest demon above a level five. After that point, the energy becomes too much to sense and the compass can't pick it up." He opened the compass and was immediately bombarded by a beeping sound, indicating a demon was very close to them. "Huh... that was... fast." He scratched his head as the beeping gradually died back down to a reasonable level. "But it's close so let's go with this one. I guess you'll have to show me what you and Kit worked on. I'll be back up in case things get too out of hand." He started towards the door, having settled on the fact this was much better than Watinen's idea.

Leon followed Crowe, considering whether or not there was anything he could do and get away with it. He couldn't think of anything. So he just kept going down the street, wondering what the inside of the warehouse would be like, and what other people were involved in this. After he stopped hurting so much, he had to work hard to conceal his giggling about the way Crowe waddled in this form.

Lucy blinked and suppressed a shudder. She was seriously disturbed by her reaper's abrupt change in demeanor. "Er..." She hesitated, "Sure...?" Her answer came out as a question, hesitant and unsure. She had no idea what the reaper was planning. Hopefully, it wouldn't be bad... And her luck would protect her if anything went wrong.

-

Blaise contained a sigh. More fighting? Couldn't he get a break? Well, at least it was better than go fight the class three demon plan. "Alright then," he agreed, following his substitute trainer. He grabbed a random metal pole as he went and tested it. It was sturdy enough. Maybe a crowbar would do better though.

White opted not to return to his vessel for time sake, instead simply flying down the street to follow the compass. It did not take very long for them to arrive at a house, no different than any others in the neighborhood. The compass had all but powered down, indicating the demonic presence coming from inside had been reduced considerably over time. But it was still there. White looked back at Blaise, closing the compass. "Inside of here. Based on the location, I can only assume the demon attacked the family living here but it's still inside. Are you ready?"

Crowe spotted the warehouse and happy that they had finally arrived, quickly waddled up to it. The door was open but it looked as though they were just leaving now. Well, they had missed it. But at least they arrived. "Watiten!" He honked, waddling over to the Reaper. "How did the meeting go? My medium was a little resistant to coming here so you can blame him for our tardiness."

As soon as Lucy agreed, Watinen eagerly told hold of a bipedial form. Instantly did Lucy's form shift. Horns sprouted from the top of her head and curled elegantly, and her eyes flickered yellow. Ah. That felt much better. Do not worry, I will keep you safe. As a stressfully familiar voice rang in his ears, he scowled. Crowe. Oh, how pleasant of you to arrive the very moment we depart. He hissed. Crowe...that irritating pest! The reaper curled his lips at the very thought if Crowe. A class-three Demon has been reported attacking the city. We were ordered to take it out.

Yes, I was resistant. You shouldn't force people to do life-threatening tasks and expect them to treat it as an honour! Was what Leon wanted to say. However, he wasn't going to risk another pecking, so he just gave Crowe a defiant look and waited to see how this would progress. The now horned and yellow-eyed person seemed to extremely dislike Crowe, judging by her facial expression, and maybe if they started to argue he'd have another chance to escape. He still wasn't sure how he could hide so well, or protect himself so well, so that he would be safe, but he still planned to escape eventually. Edited by MessengerDragon

Blaise nodded, adjusting his grip on the metal pole, in a stance that was obviously defensive. He had done this before, so there was nothing to be nervous about. If it was stronger, his fear would give him a power boost.

Crowe barely even ruffled his feathers in response, instead chuckling at the irritated Reaper. "What can I say? You need to remember that you have no authority over me down here. The security threat means that exterminating demons is the priority. The fact administration even let me down here means they don't care if I attend meetings or not. They just want the job done. So sit back and shut up, mkay? Nobody cares if I'm a little late. At least I got here at all." He turned back to his medium and blinked slowly. "Then again, if I decide I want to go to a meeting, it might be in your best interests not to put up a fuss, kid." The threat of a class-three demon didn't seem to scare him so much but then again, he seemed to care about very little in the first place.

White nodded and held out his hands, focusing his energy on the hinges of the door. No visible changes happened at first but suddenly, they snapped, causing the door to fall over. Even metals had a point where they would become too brittle when frozen. As the door fell inwards, the figure inside straightened upright. Her curved horns made it clear she was not human. The figure she held in one hand was barely recognizable but his dark hair had generally been untouched and the clothes he had been wearing earlier were still recognizable. Even if his face was had been mauled, it was still apparent it was Eurus. Luul dropped Eurus immediately, blinking dryly at the two who had appeared.

"Ah, damn. I thought I had more time."

Leon stayed silent. It wouldn't do him any good to argue. Besides, he was getting a little curious as to how these things worked, and as to how Crowe thought he could use Leon's talent with animals to fight demons. Leon decided he might as well stay around and see what would happen.

((Dunno what to write about...))

Blaise gasped. "S-Sam!?" He cried out, just recognizing the figure of his newfound friend. He glared at the demon. "How dare you!?" Anger boiled in his veins. All consuming, powerful rage. And his ability allowed it to be converted to strength. It was bad enough that demons ate and killed people, but this looked like torture. How could she!? He growled and ran forwards, twisting to swing the metal pole at the demon with one hand.

Luul raised a hand up to her head and caught the metal pole quite easily, barely even straining under the pressure. She was a very, very high rank demon. It wasn't as if a simple metal pole would defeat her, especially if Blaise didn't seem to be going all out himself. Why only use one hand to try to attack her? It was futile. "Oh, you're that boy I saw walking with him earlier," Luul commented with a smile. "It looked like he didn't have any friends but I guess I was mistaken." She looked past Blaise to the Reaper in the room and the compass he was holding and smiled. It was just one Reaper and one kid. She could handle this easily. "Alright, let's have both of you come at me at once. It'll give you a handicap."

Blaise frowned and growled angrily at his attack being blocked so easily. This demon was so damn arrogant and Blaise hated that. Hated that this demon's arrogance might not be unfounded and he might not be able to protect his friend. Not waiting for the demon to finish speaking, he tensed the muscles in his free arm and twisted the other way, throwing his weight into a punch aimed at the demon's face. It was at times like this that he wished he could have some sort of way to focus his strength on just one part of his body.

Well if you're coming, keep up. Turning away from Crowe and his human, Watinen took a step forward. Instantly did a wormhole of sorts appear before his feet that he dropped into. He re-appeared inside a dark factory, where the second end of the wormhole had created itself. Before Watinen lay a thick pile of ash, one that he realized to be human remains. So the demon had to be close. He'd find it and kill it himself.

"What's that?!" Leon shouted, looking at the hole. He had never seen anything like it. He stepped back from it, just in case. Even if Watinen had stepped into it, that didn't necessarily mean it was safe. He looked at Crowe, hoping he at least would explain what this was.