Pixxelation

Bred Egg Slot

EDIT: This suggestion is still relevant, but TJ has offered another solution, posted here, that is more likely to happen and much less complicated. Personally, I prefer that, but this is still going to remain open to gauge opinion :3

~

Lately, I've seen a lot of people mention that they are unhappy with the current egg limits. Usually, the argument is that they dislike the current limits because the highest is an uneven number, or that they think one more egg should be allowed to be owned at a time.

Recently, I remembered an old feature: the Bred Egg Slot. Back before egg slots increased by scroll trophy and hatchie limits were mostly separated from the eggs', we had a fifth bred slot that could only be used for a bred egg.

So I got thinking. Why not bring it back? This would result in:

• No Trophy: 4 eggs + 1 bred egg, 12 total
  • Bronze Trophy: 5 eggs + 1 egg, 15 total
  • Silver Trophy: 6 eggs + 1 bred egg, 18 total
  • Gold Trophy: 7 eggs + 1 bred egg, 21 total
This slot would only be obtainable if you're otherwise egg-locked, and would not be able to be used to circumvent the 21/21 lock.

~

PROS:

• More egg slots
  • The new slot would not cause more hunting competition in the biomes or AP
  • There would be an even number of egg slots at the maximum level
Cons:

• More egg slots
  • Users who purposefully breed to the AP would have to keep one egg they bred before their eggs got auto-abandoned
  • New users may be confused by the fact that they can't fill their last egg slot with a caught egg (Not as big an issue now that we have the 'Help' page on scroll limits)
  • It doesn't solve the problem of getting an uneven amount of caveborn eggs of new releases on the release date [note: releases are around forever, yes, but some users do value the dates an egg/hatchling was caught, bred, hatched, and grown on)
~

On the reason it was removed:

The breed-only egg slot was confusing. It behaved in strange ways, and could only be filled by breeding into it (e.g. being locked with four bred eggs didn't let you get a fifth CB egg, but having one CB egg let you breed four eggs). Most people didn't quite realize what could cause them to be (or not be) locked.

Under the current system, it's much easier: 7 eggs, or 21 total (or, N eggs/3N total).

Alternatively, instead of restricting the slot only to breeding, it could possibly be opened only to or also to eggs caught from the AP. This would encourage AP hunting, since a large backlog has developed, and further justify the idea.

~

Personally, I am neutral to the idea and don't really care either way; I just wanted to throw this out there and see what people thought. Please no attacking me (or other posters in the thread, for that matter) tongue.gif Feel free to post more pros and/or cons for me to add to the first post.

Edited by PieMaster

I like it, plus I never get any more then one egg at a time by breeding, so I could just breed two dragons who offspring I want to keep, and Voila!

I am also neutral on this topic, I would not mind it going either way though as someone who works on projects I can say that I do wish it was still there at times when I realize I am locked with my own lineages and still have more to breed.

I think the reason it was actually removed was because it wasn't needed anymore, with the increased egg slots. They happened at the same time if memory serves.

I'm ambivalent. It won't help the situation with people wanted 8 egg slots for evenness sake during releases, which is when the odd numbered slots really bother people.

Cheers!

C4.

So long as the other limits stay put I think it would be ok. Personally I'd like 8 eggs and it would be nice to have that additional slot for some things.

Not sure I feel super strongly about it. I'll see what others say, first.

If I recall, the reason this feature was removed was because there wasn't much reason to encourage breeding anymore, as many users had become involved in lineages.
I don't think that was ever the reasoning.

The breed-only egg slot was confusing. It behaved in strange ways, and could only be filled by breeding into it (e.g. being locked with four bred eggs didn't let you get a fifth CB egg, but having one CB egg let you breed four eggs). Most people didn't quite realize what could cause them to be (or not be) locked.

Under the current system, it's much easier: 7 eggs, or 21 total (or, N eggs/3N total).

As always, you are right TJ09. However, if it were to get added back I would have no qualms.

I just want more egg slots in general, but I know the Teej has spoken on that one =)

I would be happy to have the breedable slot back. It's frustrating when a dragon comes back into breedable a day later than everyone else and I'm locked up to my eyeballs xd.png

I don't think that was ever the reasoning.

My bad! Fixed the OP. However, I think now that we have a page on scroll limits, it wouldn't be too confusing.

Edited by PieMaster

While breeding IS my primary occupation these days, I do NOT want a breed only egg slot.

I want ONE more slot for ANY egg, mostly for new releases so I can get an even number of male/female caveborns (Influence willing). Just ONE, I'd never even consider asking for another. Just ONE.

Yeah, I wouldn't want a breed-only slot; an eighth slot, sure, since I would like having an even maximum... But a breed-only slot would be confusing to newbies and wouldn't really sate my desire for even numbers. I'd rather just have seven total slots if I were forced to choose.

Edited by Guillotine

I don't really care for an extra breeding slot but I would happily welcome an extra egg slot.

I miss the bred egg slot and would love to see it back but, I wouldn't mind if it didn't.

I just want more eggs.