pudding

Ancient Monsters

Demon? Ah, she must mean Yokai. That would certainly explain the burns he could see immediately where the claw marks dug into her skin. It looked like the work of a powerful creature and, quite honestly, he was surprised she was not dead yet. Normally, if such a creature came after a human, they did not last long. Though, it was curious. May practiced burning in the form of cauterization to heal. But here, it did not seem to work so well and caused more trouble with the healing. Quickly, he turned and shuffled deeper into the tent, rummaging around before pulling out a large crate. He shifted through it, pausing only to beckon her closer with a hand, before pulling out several jars. "I will do my best. I won't heal pretty but I think it will heal."

Good. That was all she needed to hear. Immeadiately did she follow the unspoken instructions given. Nearby the crate sat a bed, which she sank into without much a thought. It was no wonder now why she had appeared ill before. Right...Payment... As she fumbled about for her coin purse, she mumbled to herself incoherently. She had stayed strong for weeks. It was...it was okay to rest now. She could lower her guard here. After all, the people set up here out of the goodness of their hearts. Or something like that. She just couldn't stay up any longer. As she extended a leather purse filled with coin, she realized just how hard it would be to actually run a business in this state. It was hard to keep her vision focused, let alone keep a proper inventory! Any idea how...How long I'll be down for? I've gotta...business, ya know... Namina's eyelids drooped as she spoke. After keeping so ridigly intent on survival, she was drained.

"Depends," The Doctor replied rather vaguely as he set the purse down beside her. He wouldn't take payment of any kind until she was treated. "Just rest now," He added as he gestured over another doctor. The two spoke in shushed Japanese for a short moment before the second one began to open up a bottle of what appeared to be honey to start covering the infected scratches. Meanwhile, the first doctor approached Mikado, a frown on his face. "The yokai," He started, trying to get a better understanding of the situation. "Did it use poison? Did it burn the wounds or her?"

Grimacing, Namina lowered herself down on the bed. She could do it. She already pulled through four weeks. This would be nothing. A thought suddenly occurred to hear as she began to settle. Oh! I, uh...I have a bit of a...condition. It's...not bad...just... Whatever she planned on saying was lost as she fell asleep. She just couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. Technically, it wasn't dangerous. She had gotten a fine grasp on how to control any of her Lupine forms and usually only changed involuntarily when attacked. Otherwise, she remained diciplined in her ways. As soon as she relaxed, the muscles that had been locked tore open whateve rhad attemped to heal. This, of course, led to bleeding.

A concerned assistant paused in her work as Namina finally relaxed. She wrinkled her nose and scowled. This was far beyond what any of them knew. European people, they had spirits and demons much unlike what Japan harbored. How were they to do proper work if there was no knowledge of what caused the damage?

((I'm kind of shipping Namina x Everyone right now. It's bad. Because I can work out almost every character having some sort of reason to make out with her. With Agni or Sethos, it'd be something like a Kismeis [bonus points if anyone gets the Hometuck term]. It's like a hate-ship. They hate each other so much it leads to violent kissing and such. Mikado, and really everybody else, there could be reasonable shipling material. Just thought I should share.))

((Sethos needs a hate ship with one of the humans or Namina (She's human enough). Like, really condescending on his part but he gradually stops trying to claw their face off at every turn and instead starts doing some weird romance like killing demons and such and dropping them off by their feet while they sleep.))

((Oh man I can so see it! They'd actually be really cute together because they both hate each other at first and he's just mystified at the fact that she ends up surviving 'cause nobody's ever done that and it makes him mad but also sorta impressed. It's just gotta go canon.))

((That sounds interesting... And cute! I'm gonna make Mikado release Sethos now))

Mikado, meanwhile, decided to go outside to give privacy. "Hey, Kuro, do you know about the chant I used?"

"Of course... It works much like the usual binding, but, while you cannot bend a demon's will to you nor tame it, you can freely return or release the demon," Kuro said.

"Whao, you actually know stuff like this?"

"Of course!"

"How do I release Sethos though?"

"Just focus on the thought of releasing him and say a word, any word or phrase, and then afterwards you would just have to say or think the phrase to release or return him. It has an unlimited range..."

"Cool!" Mikado exclaimed. Focusing on the thought of releasing Sethos, he said, "Cara Sorello," a note of sadness in his voice. And Sethos was released. "Tada! Now behave or I'll send you back!"

Edited by SoiledLove

Unlimited range? Had he heard that correctly? That was going to be very irritating if that was the case. If he wanted to actually escape then, he'd have to find a way to get his hands on the bracelet himself. But before that, he'd have to figure out how to remove the sword from his side. His feet-he could actually feel them again-lightly touched down on the ground as Sethos immediately squinted in the light. Going from complete darkness to sunlight really was a horrible feeling for any creature and his eyes, among other senses, were very sensitive. He glanced back at the human, not bothering to hide his disgust before looking around at their surroundings. The tent had to be off limits because of the doctors and he had no interest in getting sucked back inside that prison. But if there was a ship yard, there'd be humans nearby. Slowly, he turned and started to walk away from the tent, deciding the best place to go would be away. She'd probably die anyway and he'd rather not be around until after that happened. "I'll be back," He declared as his only explanation for where he was going before starting off. He wasn't going to idly chit-chat when he was starving. It wasn't pleasant when it got to the point of ravenous.

((Go ahead shadow, since I really can't do it... Also, I keep on thinking about Supernatural or Blue Exorcist whenever I'm on this thread... sad.gif

Since we need more humans...

User: SL

Name: Midori Dokuro

Species: Human

Looks: Midori is an androgynous and petit man with long waist length black hair and black eyes. He's often called beautiful or mistaken for a girl. He's usually seen wearing female kimonos or very lavish ones.

Personality: Midori loves to joke. He doesn't mind pretending to be a girl and rather enjoys leading people on only to say that he's a guy.

History: Midori is a performer who usually plays female roles in plays. He's always been good for the part due to his looks and performs at festivals all the time.

Powers/weapons: Chants and Purification, two steel fans connected by a chain

Other: ))

((I want to make another human. I'm thinking we need a small kid to piss Sethos off all the time. That character looks great, though.))

((I'll make Mikado a brother... Maybe... Or sister. There's going to be a story behind the Caro Fratello phrase. I think it means Dear Brother, but I'm not sure...))

((That would be so funny if there's a tiny kid that's also Mikado's sibling. Sethos would hate them so much. Either way, I'll probably make a little kid. I could use another human.))

((Why not make Mikado a brother or sister?

Oh, and, when they pop over Mikado's gonna be like Caro Fratello and accidentally sucks Sethos into the bracelet))

Edited by SoiledLove

((Yeah))

Oh, oh her chest hurt. A grimance flickered across her face as she slowly regained consciousness. Soft, clean bandages weere wrapped around her otherwise bare chest. Groaning, she struggled to sit up. She didn't feel all that sick anymore...how long had she been out? Her tongue swiped across dry, cracked lips as she took in the area. She hadn't been moved. That was good. Water... Namina blinked in suprise at how rough her throat was. She had to have been alseep for days! Even then, she felt more drained than ever. Slowly did Namina turn on her side to block out the light in the tent. Everything hurt so much...

((User: pudding

Name: Aimi (Ai for short)

Species: Human

Looks: Aimi has shorter, black hair and generally adorable features. She's short and thin and tends to wear clothes too big for her since she likes to take other people's clothing. She looks like the girl on the far right. Aimi

Personality: Aimi is rather naive and doesn't seem to understand a lot of things in the world. Thanks to her older brother, she isn't so afraid of Yokai like she should be. She's very stubborn despite her small size and prone to get into trouble.

History: She's Mikado's little sister.

Powers/weapons: Adorableness?

Other: ))

"Down, down," the doctor quickly said, placing a hand on Namina's shoulder to try to force her back onto the bed. He picked up a pouch filled with water and held it out to the injured patient, trying to get her to drink. "We don't want to tear anything. Rest now." He looked towards the front of the flap, wondering where the woman's companions had wandered off to this time.

((How's Agni gonna find and kidnap Mina?

Also, I'm making another character because I can.

Human to monster ratio: 5-6 One more human for me!

User: claw

Name: Haline Wane

Species: human

Looks: Haline

Personality: Haline is quiet, but not particularly shy. A woman of few words, her actions are usually enough to make a point. She is naturally motherly, and has a tendency to fuss over near strangers if given reason. Otherwise, she's pleasant and generally nice to be around.

History: Although born and raised in Europe, she left to study medicine in Japan. Since then, she has remained as a skilled doctor.

Powers/weapons: She's not really one for weapons.

Other: Works in the same tent Namina is staying in.))

((Have to change Caro Fratello into whatever Dear Sister is... Cara Sorella. There we go!))

Mikado whistled as he cleaned Kuro. While Kuro may be an annoying piece of metal and always called him an idiot, they both enjoyed this activity. It was soothing. He looked around. Mikado was still on the beach. He had gotten a letter that his mission was canceled and that his sister was coming to see him. Additionally, someone had told him about the town nearby was preparing for a very popular group of performers to perform a recently famous play soon. He was planning on taking his sister and Namina to the play. His sister because, well, they hadn't seen each other in a long time and done something like this and Namina cause it was her first time in Japan. And she was cute.

((Sorry for not being on, I'm having a bit of trouble with college.))

"Brother!" A joyous cry rang out as tiny feet kicked up sand on the beach. The young girl swiftly let go of her guardian's hand to instead sprint at high speeds towards the Mikado and his sword. With great gusto, she launched herself at him in a flying tackle of sorts, trying to get a hug from him. "You're back! I missed you!"

((And I'd like to know Soild's and Shadow's opinions, as well as basic info about the characters.))

Edited by pudding