pudding

Ancient Monsters

((I mean, that's up to you. I figure since Namina knows spells and Mikado is a monk, they'd be able to manage. If you'd rather he get caught off guard, that's fine too but they'd need a reason for keeping him alive. He has been kinda an ass so far so just giving him a figurative slap on the wrist would be a bit stupid on their part, considering he did already kill and eat someone.

Basically, I'm fine with anything that won't end up with him being dead.))

((No, I mean, I don't understand what binding entails. All Anime that I watch is Japanese with Chinese subtitles... I'm fine with binding him and stuff))

((Well, I figured it to be kind of like the Seal of Solomon. So a physical object (like the ring) binds him to his will. If we do something of that sort, it would give them a reason to keep Sethos around since he'd be under their control but also give him reason to try to get the ring back.))

((Alright, got'cha... I'll have Mikado bind Sethos to a bracelet of beads then))

Mikado frowned. This had gone on for long enough. He could feel Kuro pushing at his consciousness in an attempt to take over. Quickly, he cut his thumb on Kuro's blade and began drawing symbols on Kuro's blade. They wouldn't be as effective as using them on paper since Kuro was a demonic object, but hopefully Kuro's natural effect would be able to hold the demon down to give him time to complete the binding. Carefully, he used his blood to create small patterns on his bracelet. It didn't take too long, luckily, since the main focus of this 'spell' was on the chant. The blood and patterns were just to help it along. He retracted his demonic features, evicting a Kuro from his mind almost completely and fell, sword first, towards Sethos in an attempt to immobilize him before he dealt anymore damage.

If there was any indication of something being wrong, it most likely would have been the demonic scent fading from the air. But he had decided he had enough of the two of them, unfortunately, and failed to notice the fading smell as he moved to strike the werewolf. Of course, it didn't make sense for the demonic scent to fade. That would mean the monk had returned to normal and that was certainly a foolish thing to do when their fight had yet to conclude. But even if he had not smelled it right off the bat, some instinct caused him to slow to a stop and look upwards. It was thanks to this instinct that he managed to avoid being skewered through the back, an action that would not have killed him but certainly hurt. Instead, the demonic blade sliced past his face, cutting his cheek before the blade buried itself in his foot. The same feeling as before when he tried to block the blade filled his body and the demon gnashed his teeth loudly together. That really hurt! Beyond just being stabbed in the foot, the shocking feeling felt like it turned all of his limbs into deadweights so that it was difficult to even move.

No. He would not stand for this. Snarling, he threw a punch at the man who had plunged the sword into his foot, trying to knock him away from his blade. If the sword was in his foot, that meant the monk couldn't use it any further. He'd either pull it out and toss it straight into the ocean or just fight them without his foot. He was still determined not to loose, however.

Mikado was already chanting as he fell. He felt glad as the blade was imbedded into the demon's foot, since he didn't miss completely and go splat. Using the demon's back as a buffer, he kicked off the demon and back flipped, Kuro leaving his hand. Lucky for both him and Kuro, Kuro could move on his own, sort of. It did guide Mikado by launching itself from place to place and it could walk and talk. He sunk further into the demon's foot and the boat as Mikado chanted from a distance away, the back flip having aided him in dodging the punch. The bloody markings began to glow as the chant took effect, weakening the demon in preparation for binding. Mikado had chosen this chant specifically because it weakened the demon first. It was longer, but much better for a demon of this one's calibre, and the blood markings helped shorten it a lot.

How he wished he was on solid, dry land and not on some tiny boat. He wasn't even sure if his true form could fit on deck without him crushing something or even breaking the boat in half. He didn't know how tall he was, only that he could easy fit a grown man in his mouth and use him like a chew toy. That was why he usually walked around in his human form. His real form was simply too big. A slight whine started to escape the demon when the pain flared up again but he brushed it aside, insisting to himself he could deal will this level of pain. He had no idea what the monk was doing but it was clear to him the demonic sword was moving of its own accord. Fine! If it was demonic, it probably felt some pain. He'd dislodge it on his own. With a snarl, he opened his mouth and snapped his teeth around the blade near the hilt. The pain surged through his head at the contact but he bit down harder, fire licking at the back of his throat. Something had to at least scratch the sword. And if that didn't work, he'd use his teeth to pull it out. He could feel his power slipping away but he stubbornly held on, his lips curling back into a snarl.

Kuro had been through a lot in his life. Well, he wasn't really alive right now... And his name wasn't really Kuro. Mikado had complained that his real name, Kokushibyo, was way too long, so the Git had renamed him Kuro. He remembered that time before he got trapped as this goddamn piece of metal. Or, rather, bone. His new vessel was made from the bone of what he was previously. The one that had killed him had only been able destroy his flesh... His bone was nigh indestructible and he had great regeneration skills, one of the reasons he had been hailed as undefeatable, a powerful Daiyokai. And it was all until that stupid angel. He knew it was a bad idea to travel out of Japan. Although not even that angel had been able to cut through his bones, it had been able to get to its heart. Kokushibyo was lucky because that angel hadn't been able to do anything to his consciousness. He was strong, so it was no wonder he had to wait so long for someone like Mikado who was able to host part of his consciousness and wield his sword form. It was annoying to have to wait so long, but nessecary.

So, of course, he wouldn't let this stupid demon do anything to him. He was the best. It had taken an archangel to subdue him and even then the angel wasn't able to kill him fully. He wasn't going to let a weakling hurt him. Only he knew how to break his own bones. And he wasn't giving away the secret. He sunk himself deeper down, barely fazed by the teeth. He couldn't feel them, anyways. He could see the chant taking effect, a blood red net weaving itself into existence. He praised his wielder on the decision to use this chant. He recognized it. The only weakness of it was that one had to keep the target pinned under the net until the demon was bound and Mikado obviously trusted him to do such a thing. That should go unsaid as he wouldn't be overpowered by this youngling.

"Give it up, young demon... You won't be able to overpower me. You aren't old enough, you haven't gained enough strength to beat my host. You're too arrogant, just like I was. That was what caused my demise. That archangel knew that my pride was my weakness so now I'm like this..." He said. He wasn't sure why he decided to converse... But he did.

A gasp, and the lupine woman staggered away. Scarlet blossomed from her torn, blue uniform where burning claws had torn into flesh. As soon as she started to bleed, she realized that the cauterization of the wound definitely slowed the bleeding. It was enough to keep her from dying. That was all that mattered. Keeping a clawed hand on her now exposed chest, she scowled. Let's wrap this up...Mikado. She was indeed mortal. Most assumed that werwolves were invulnerable except by silver, but this wasn't the case. Silver just tended to kill instantly. With the demon pinned into place, Namina was allowed to take the time to clean and load her pistol yet again. This time, she didn't plan on being so kind. Maybe she'd cripple him. That'd be nice.

Face growing somewhat pale, Felix set down the collection of the duo's luggage. His staff appeared in his hand as soon as his fingers flexed. Agni was right. This was likely a trap set up by the fox (or kitsune, he supposed). If they were as smart as Agni claimed, a trap was almost inevitable. Well, the was only one way to find out. Cautiously did the young man step inside and glance about warily. Um...I was interested in talking to you. I've never seen a Kitsune before, and I was hoping we could keep this peaceful.. Clearing his throat, he stopped in the middle of the grand room. My name is Felix. I'm a mage, but not an exorcist. I'm not going to try to hurt you.

Mikado only nodded in reply as he was occupied with chanting. Th red net was becoming more and more solid and whisks of red smoke were coming into the beads. Mikado was being quick but also very careful. Getting a word wrong could delay the process.

Tsukiko raised her eyebrow from where she was watching, invisible through an illusion. So they thought this was Saren's doing, huh? Well... They'd be preparing for an entirely different opponent then... That cowardly fox would run at the sight of even a dog. Then again, all kitsune were afraid of dogs. It was just a part of what they were, so she couldn't really fault him for that. Wisps of blue flame, ghost fire, rose up in front of the two. A face appeared within it and cackled evilly. This was fun...

He was not arrogant. He was simply aware of his powers and the fact he could easily trample his enemies under his large feet. He looked down on humans only because they were weak and inferior and not at all deserving of anything save crawling on the ground at his feet. He looked at humans the same way humans looked at worms and the difference in strength was roughly the same. Usually, of course. This situation was embarrassing and he wouldn't stand for it any further.

His eyes grew wide and quickly changed color. His teeth ground into the sword, gripping it as tightly as he could as his fangs and claws started to grow. Usually, his transformation was much more flashy but the draining power resulted in a much weakened version of himself. To put it simply: he couldn't transform all the way. But he could do his best.

His black robes grew as if they were an extension of himself and covered his body, flowing outwards. Under the robe, his body began to twist and turn wildly, quickly growing larger. Smoke suddenly poured out of his body, cloaking him entirely before rushing together to form the vague shape of a dog with blazing red eyes. Admittedly, it was only the size of a horse since he was weakened but that was better considering the confined place. Large, white fangs now gripped the sword instead of teeth as he began to try to pull it out of his front paw. He was not giving up yet, dammit! He'd throw the sword overboard then eat the rest of them.

"You look down on humans, don't you? Hm... I do wonder why I even bother to talk to you..." Kuro muttered, more to himself than anyone. "It's rather useless to try and pull me out. You won't be able to get a grip with your teeth, trust me..." Mikado's chant came to a crescendo, the red net physically touching Sethos now, pinning him down further. The beads were trembling, wisps of red smoke were coming off faster now, the binding in full progression.

Sethos grunted in response but seemed to realize that the effort was futile. With a snarl, he released the sword from his fangs. His large eyes stared down at the sword embedded in his back paw before quickly turning to stare up at the red net rapidly closing in on him, pressing down on his black fur. He was stuck. Fully and completely trapped. He could burn his way out but then the ship would sink and he'd sizzle out in the water. The ship hadn't been a good idea but he couldn't do anything about that now. A low hiss came from the demonic dog as he was forced to lay down to try to get away from the red ropes, at least for the time being. As he did so, the smoke began to pour off of him more rapidly, quickly reverting him back to his humanoid form. He was getting much, much weaker and the sword seemed to hurt him more in his dog form, probably due to the fact he was actually stronger in that form. Not one to fight when it was clear he had lost, he sat down in front of the sword, scowling down at it. He wouldn't whine or bark like some mongrel. So that was the end, was it? He could hardly argue considering he'd always operated under the strong kill the weak rules. Not that he would admit the man was stronger than him but he had managed to get the upper hand, at least.

((Sethos is going to be 'put inside the ring', for the lack of a better description, right? Or is he going to be a bit like Inuyasha and the Monkey King (from Journey to the West)? I just need to make sure...))

((I'd be down for either but him walking about may be better simply for interactions. Unless the bracelet was like a pokeballs or something and he was allowed to walk around until he got pissy and they were like 'okay, back in the bracelet.))

((Sure, pokeball it is, but where's shadow? I think we should wait for shadow...))

((I've seen her on and around but I think there's not so much for her to post at the moment in the ship group since the binding spell is going on.))

((Alright then))

Mikado blinked as the smoke came faster, Sethos' form vanishing into the beads. Huh. He didn't expect it to be that quick. Kuro launched himself over and Mikado caught the sword on reflex. "Well, that's taken care of!" He said cheerfully, reaching into his robes and pulling out some more bandages. He wrapped them around Kuro, covering the sword and it's aura. "How do you feel, inside there?" He asked, directing his question at his bracelet.

Sethos was old compared to many demons that he had met since getting above the 100s in Europe seemed to be a great feat. Naturally, being quite old, he had experienced many things. But this was very, very strange. To start, it felt horribly cramped, like whatever he was trapped inside was very tiny. Beyond that, he could feel his feet starting to go numb as he lost sensation in them. But the strangest thing had to be the fact that he could still smell where he had been a few moments before. And hear, obviously, since he could hear the human asking him a question. But where was he was the better question. "Inside of where?" Sethos replied after a few seconds, trying to understand what kind of prison he had been placed into.

((Sorry, I'm be busy this weekend.))

Seeing as the situation had declined, Namina watched as Sethos vanished into some sort of...bracelet? Priests were wierd. Mikado was wierd. Once everything settled, her form slowly returned back to its original, human appearance. The first thing she did with her free hand was swat her guest upside the head. You've got some explaining to do. A demon?! You brought your own demon on my ship and expected to- She stopped abruptly as her chest flared up with pain. Cringing inwardly, she pressed her other hand firmly to the wounds. Watch your step, priest. I don't appreciate secrets that could lead to the death of my crew. With this, she turned to sulk in her room. These gashes really needed looking at...

A-Agni! Felix wasn't used to Asian monsters. This was certainly new, and frightened the apprentice. Footsteps from the other side of the manor made the man rurn his head quickly. A young man, wearing simple white robes, stood in the entrance to the outdoor shrine. His brilliant red hair and keen yellow eyes seemed to radiate a sense of odd. With a smile, he bowed.

Oh, don't mind her. Some spirits don't take well to visitors. Saren purred in a calm voice. You followed back to my home? Why, I'm not that interesting! What you should be chasing are the Oni of this town.

"Do not worry," Agni replied sternly, holding onto her staff. The fire the face, all of it was clearly some kind of show. Usually, creatures did not wait so patiently before attacking. More likely than not, they were some kind of Will-o'-the-wisp designed to either entice them in further or scare them. Her eyes moved from the blue fire to the man who had appeared. Based off of his speech, he was the fox they had pursued into the mansion in the first place, but not the owner of the blue fire. That meant at least two spirits. "And yet you clearly taunted us earlier. If you hadn't wanted us to follow you, why make such a show of it?" She took a step towards the man, tapping her staff against the ground as she walked. "Moreover, Oni are a bit too large for my apprentice to handle. I'd rather not have him die at the moment, especially considering he's still a novice when it comes to knowledge on creatures from this country."

Mikado blinked down at the bracelet. "Uh... My bracelet," he told the demon with a small grin. He then looked up at Namina, a mock affronted look on his face. "But, my dear lady, this isn't truly a demon. Just a sword made from demon bone, you'll see many of those in Japan as some demons can't be harmed by normal weapons. No idea why it's sentient, though." He gave a shrug.

"If you think that we're easier to take on, you're sorely mistaken..." Tsukiko made the blue flames say. The flames spread, moving towards the two hunters and the 'mouth' curled into a grin.

Bracelet? How was that possible? And what purpose did that serve? He could no longer feel his energy being diminished or drained away. Had he just not trusted his ability to kill him? Well, even Sethos injured as a terrible opponent. But now he was trapped inside some sort of puny bracelet but he was still connected to the outside world. But to what extent? "Why?" He asked, trying to see if he could still use his sight. Maybe he would be able to look at what was beyond his prison like the sword seemed to do.

Mikado frowned, wondering why the demon suddenly decided to have a civil conversation. He shrugged. The demon was probably just curious. "Because it was the first chant I thought of and because I have no idea what you are," he replied honestly. It sure was a weird binding though. It actually trapped the demon inside an item. He could even hear the demon like he could hear Kuro when Kuro spoke aloud. It didn't seem like the kind of binding that would be popular though... Little did he know, several hundred years later, a game would be created based on this very binding.