pudding

Ancient Monsters

Please ask before joining

So I was curious if anyone was interested in a relaxed RP like Inuyasha. I say like because it would be completely removed from the events of the story and instead centered around a situation in a historical time period (Japan or other) in which humans and monsters are aware of each other and at odds. There'd be religious humans and other hunters that kill the monsters and monsters that eat and kill humans, but also monsters and humans that get along. A plot would develop by the characters interacting and not the other way around.

If you are interested, I'd like to determine time period and place first (hence no character sheets yet). I do prefer smaller Rps so if you are interested, say so or I might cap it off before you can join.

User:

Name:

Species:

Looks:

Personality:

History:

Powers/weapons:

Other:

Shadow's Characters:

User: claw

Name: Saren

Species: Kitsune

Looks: Usually, a scrawny, young man with yellow eyes. His fox form varies, but is usually bright scarlet.

Personality: Saren is, well, a bit immature. He likes pulling pranks, breaking things, and scaring people. Especially when it's a dose of karma.

History: will add later. Not exactly sure what to do yet.

Powers/weapons: Can generate fire from his mouth, and has limited magical powers. This includes minor flight/levitation, shape-shifting, illusions, astral projection, and telepathy.

Other: I'm thinking the siblings should looking something like The Hitchiin Twins

Name: Namina Waltz

Species: Human

Looks: Tall, with black hair and green eyes. Her skin is a dark, sunkissed tan, as her family is from South America. She has thin lips, a sharply angled face, and a curvy body.

Personality: Namina is fierce, with a quick wit and sharp tongue.

History: Has been a traveller for a while. Being a creolé, her skin color has no effect on her. Her rich lifestyle and repressed childhood led to a wild, rather rude young woman. Married young, she was happy for a few years. When her family was murdered by something supernatural, she reverted back to her wild behavior.

Powers/weapons: Anything on hand, but she carries a hidden arsenal at all times. Usually, she keeps salt and an iron dagger on hand. She dabbles in witchcraft, but only for the uses of monster-hunting.

Other:

Name: Felix Randolph III

Species: human

Looks: Link

Personality: Felix is quiet, calm, and generally easygoing. He is slow to anger and quick to please. Because of this, he is usually a voice of reason in the chaos he's usually surrounded in.

History: Apprentice to Agni. Until picked up by Agni, he was raised by a witch. This gives him superior knowledge of the supernatural and what to deal with. When given the opportunity, he left his home in England when offered to travel with Agni. He has been with her ever since.

Powers/weapons: He carries an iron sword, and staff that looks like thisat all times. He also has a bottomless (*magic*) staff that he keeps all his spellbooks, potion ingredients, etc. in.

Other: doesn't agree with Agni's spiteful ways and usually goes about things his own way

Pudding's Characters:

User: Pudding

Name: Agni

Looks: Agni

Personality: Agni is easy to provoke, though she does pretend to put on a calming front. She loathes all types of monsters and doesn't see a lick of good in any of them, causing her to refuse to seek the aid from any kind of bound monster. She's very prejudice and does her job as best as she can to rid the world of all monsters.

History: Rp'ed

Powers/weapons: Agni is very knowledgable in all manners of exorcisms and weaknesses of various types of monsters she has studied. Beyond this, she uses a staff (The bottom of which is pointy to double as a stake) covered in sigils to repel creatures of demonic nature and verbal spells to create barriers and that kind of thing. Most of her spells she gets from a small book she keeps in her sleeve but she has committed several to memory. She also uses talismans to seal monsters in place to give her enough time to properly kill them

Other: She's pretty powerful and has been fighting monsters for most of her life. She's not afraid to run away, though, so her win ratio is not that big.

User: pudding

Name: Sethos

Species: Barghest

Looks:

-True form: In this form, Sethos takes on the appearance of a monstrous, black dog. The exact size is unknown but it is larger than an elephant. His snout twists upwards slightly and he has large fangs and claws and a long, pointed ears. His eyes are completely red in this form and his body seems to be covered by smoke, giving him an undefined appearance since smoke is constantly flowing off of him. Under the smoke is a layer of warm, black fur. Despite his monstrous appearance, it is interesting to note that if cut, he still bleeds like any other creature. An unusual side effect of this form is that if he is ever submerged or splashed with water, he shrinks and if he is exposed to open flames, heat or magma, he grows.

-Altered form: This is the form Sethos most often takes as it is the easiest one to move about in as it looks like a young man. He leans on the taller side with tan, unblemished skin and pointed features. His hair is long and black and usually tied back in a loose ponytail. His eyes are golden in color but when irritated or about to transform, the gold appears to bleed into the whites of his eyes while his irises turn red. There are not many indicators of his real species, though one of them is the fact he has slightly pointed ears and claws

This form actually appears quite unusual in that it looks very frail. His body is very slim and while he retains claw-like nails on his hands, he doesn't appear to have any initial way to fight at first glance. His face appears much more feminine with a rounder face, a small nose and longer lashes. Do not be fooled, however, as he is still quite dangerous while posing as a human and the weakened appearance is to simply walk amongst people without causing them fear.

Personality: Sethos is a cold man who generally looks down on all other creatures, be them monster or human. He seems to have no real motives in life but rather just wanders around, killing anyone or anything that crosses him the wrong way. He is very cynical and has a large ego that is easy to wound if he loses a fight with another monster, or especially so if it is a human. He usually just keeps to himself except when he needs food, at which point he finds a human to hunt down and briefly terrorize before killing. He basically views humans as the weakest creatures around and simply associating with them as weak behavior, so he tends to have a superiority complex.

History: Eh, I'll probably just work this into the story.

Powers/weapons:

-Invisibility: He can momentarily turn invisible, though this comes at the cost of a the sound of rattling chains coming from wherever he is. He usually only uses this when about to kill someone and it is said that if you hear the chains, it is already too late

-Shapeshifting: He can transform between his primary dog form and the form of a man, along with several other forms.

-Dog possession: He can take charge of a group of dogs around him for a limited time, causing them to howl and act wildly (With actions such as biting and snapping at people they know and running off into the wild). This is the limit of his control over them, however, and he cannot force them to do anything.

-Powerful senses: Like a dog, he has a very strong nose and great sense of hearing. These can easily be turned against him, though, and bad scents are enough to drive him off. These are heightened in his true form.

-Fire: Being a demonic dog in origin, he can summon his own flames. These usually appear in the form of heat that turns his arms completely white, allowing him to deliver strikes and scratches in his human form that burn at the slightest touch. In his true form, the heat usually only appears around his mouth and teeth or as actual flames from his eyes. The purpose of this heat is to burn flesh that he strikes, causing the wounds to not heal properly. The head can also be used for flight, though this is limited.

Other:

Soiled's Characters:

User: SoiledLove

Name: Mikio

Looks: Usually appears the same as his twin Saren, being the more passive one.

Personality: Prankster, but not a leader. Mikio usually let's his brother decide everything and he doesn't have any problems with it since they are so alike.

History: Gah, same as Saren

Powers/weapons: Because I'm lazy... Kitsune Physiology. And anything extra that Saren has.

Other: Sure, why not

User: SL

Name: Tsukiko

Species: Nekomata

Looks: In human form, she's an ethereal looking woman with long, straight silver hair and golden eyes. Height: 5'3. As a cat, she's a silver tabby with gold eyes and a forked tail. Height: 4'3 or smaller (paw to shoulder). She can manifest feline attributes whenever

Personality: RP'd

History: Used to be a normal housecat, but her owner treated her poorly so she became a Bakeneko, eating her owner. The mansion she inhabited became the homes of several other people afterwards, but she always ate them. So, now, she lives alone in the old, worn down mansion, eating travelers and those that believe they are powerful enough to exorcize her. Unfortunately for them, she's very old... And very powerful.

Powers/weapons: Bakeneko Physiology, Fire Manipulation, Illusion

Other:

Name: Mikado Sumizome

Looks: A tall man with white streaked black hair who wears his yukatas rather casually. He usually has a rather large sword wrapped in bandages with him. He also wears a lot of beads.

Personality: A cocky, flirtatious monk/priest. Otherwise RP'd

History: Just coming back to Japan from learning exorcism techniques overseas. Powerful exorcist. Otherwise RP'd.

Powers/weapons: Giant sword, beads, sealing papers, chants

Other: Will get a pic soon...

Name: Kokushibyo (Black Death) or just Kuro

Species: Demon Sword (Sort of)

Looks: A large, long, double edged sword that's completely black from tip to hilt except for a pulsing red line down the middle of the blade. Usually wrapped in special bandages that prevent anyone from feeling/smelling/noticing its demonic energy.

Personality: Usually silent and content to let its master do whatever, however, when given the chance to speak, it's snarky and rude.

History: A sentient sword made with demonic energy, it was made from the bones of a very, very powerful demon. It chose its master to be Mikado and works with him. However, he secretly wishes to take over Mikado's body and gain freedom. Otherwise RP'd.

Powers/weapons: None of its powers work when he doesn't have a master except for Nigh Indestructibility and Sentience. Can give its master Enhanced Physical Abilities, Enhanced Senses, Enhanced Reflexes, Enhanced Healing, Sixth Sense, and some demonic attributes such as manifesting fangs and horns when emotional, and bat wings when he loses it. It can also guide it's master in battle. A touch from its blade will be painful for any supernatural creature (so only normal animals and humans are exempt from this) and wounds from it are very hard to heal. It can even control it's master when he falls unconscious. The more Kuro is in control of his master's body. Also, as long as his master is in control of his own body and not demonic, then Kuro is also exempt from harm by things that are meant to effect demonic creatures. It can also use Hellfire to an extent, but only when in control of its master's body.

Other:

Edited by pudding

Oh gosh, yes! I'd love if you both joined! I'm super excited that people are interested already. Usually I've got to wait days for people to pop up.

Do you have a specific time and place you'd be interested in?

Not really, I don't really mind, but I wanna be either a kitsune or a Bakeneko. Maybe we could do Victorian times? I don't really like medieval, too overused and just awkward.

The only thing is that the humans and monsters are aware of each other and fight and kill each other. More modern times could prove more difficult with all of the killings and possessions and things.

I'm thinking the prime of Imperialism, like, early-to-mid 1800's

I was thinking a kitsune too. Maybe we could have siblings?

And I'll definitely make a hunter/ scientist character as well. Because I can. Like, she'd kill anything that attacks her, and study those willing. Like, a badass nerd.

Sure, why not?

I could make an antagonist-ish scientist person who is pretty heartless and is willing to cut open and experiment on anything in the name of science.

ALSO SIBLINGS!? *manic laughter*

Nah, it's be cool if they'd be friends or something. Maybe colleagues.

What are you thinking, pudding?

*sigh*

If only we could look into pudding's mind...

It would be interesting if they were... But colleagues (maybe lovers) would be interesting.

Ooh, I like the lovers thing a lot more. Are you think het or no? Because I'm cool either way. The time period would suggest a het relationship, but it's up to you.

Maybe we could sort of 'edit' the timeperiod and what it's like to suit the whole monsters in history thing.

I love slash (Yaoi) smile.gif I'm a fangirl.

We should really, really wait for pudding...

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma...

I was thinking of making a priest-type character who exterminates monsters and a monster.

So are we going to try Victorian era or nah? Because we could take it back a bit further or mesh some eras together to form out own liking.

I don't really care, personally. We have an idea of when it'll be, so that's enough to get me going.

As for Yaoi...you're pushing it a little. Remeber, this is pg-13 tongue.gif

SHEETS

User:

Name:

Species:

Looks:

Personality:

History:

Powers/weapons:

Other:

Simple enough, no?

That works!

Oh, and make sure you fill out the powers section accurately. I get angry with people who add stuff in later with no warning and no backstory. That is, you can gain powers. But there's got to be a reason.

Got it. Powers for my characters will be simple. No worries.

Name: Saren

Looks: Usually, a scrawny, young man with yellow eyes. His fox form varies, but is usually bright scarlet.

Personality: Saren is, well, a bit immature. He likes pulling pranks, breaking things, and scaring people. Especially when it's a dose of karma.

History: will add later. Not exactly sure what to do yet.

Powers/weapons: Can generate fire from his mouth, and has limited magical powers. This includes minor flight/levitation, shape-shifting, illusions, astral projection, and telepathy.

Other: I'm thinking the siblings should looking something like The Hitchiin Twins

Name: Namina Waltz

Looks: Tall, with black hair and green eyes. Her skin is a dark, sunkissed tan, as her family is from South America. She has thin lips, a sharply angled face, and a curvy body.

Personality: Namina is fierce, with a quick wit and sharp tongue.

History: Has been a traveller for a while. Being a creolé, her skin color has no effect on her. Her rich lifestyle and repressed childhood led to a wild, rather rude young woman. Married young, she was happy for a few years. When her family was murdered by something supernatural, she reverted back to her wild behavior.

Powers/weapons: Anything on hand, but she carries a hidden arsenal at all times. Usually, she keeps salt and an iron dagger on hand. She dabbles in witchcraft, but only for the uses of monster-hunting.

Other:

Will make a third character soon

User: pudding

Name: Sethos

Species: Barghest

Looks:

-True form: In this form, Sethos takes on the appearance of a monstrous, black dog. The exact size is unknown but it is larger than an elephant. His snout twists upwards slightly and he has large fangs and claws and a long, pointed ears. His eyes are completely red in this form and his body seems to be covered by smoke, giving him an undefined appearance since smoke is constantly flowing off of him. Under the smoke is a layer of warm, black fur. Despite his monstrous appearance, it is interesting to note that if cut, he still bleeds like any other creature. An unusual side effect of this form is that if he is ever submerged or splashed with water, he shrinks and if he is exposed to open flames, heat or magma, he grows.

-Altered form: This is the form Sethos most often takes as it is the easiest one to move about in as it looks like a young man. He leans on the taller side with tan, unblemished skin and pointed features. His hair is long and black and usually tied back in a loose ponytail. His eyes are golden in color but when irritated or about to transform, the gold appears to bleed into the whites of his eyes while his irises turn red. There are not many indicators of his real species, though one of them is the fact he has slightly pointed ears and claws

This form actually appears quite unusual in that it looks very frail. His body is very slim and while he retains claw-like nails on his hands, he doesn't appear to have any initial way to fight at first glance. His face appears much more feminine with a rounder face, a small nose and longer lashes. Do not be fooled, however, as he is still quite dangerous while posing as a human and the weakened appearance is to simply walk amongst people without causing them fear.

Personality: Sethos is a cold man who generally looks down on all other creatures, be them monster or human. He seems to have no real motives in life but rather just wanders around, killing anyone or anything that crosses him the wrong way. He is very cynical and has a large ego that is easy to wound if he loses a fight with another monster, or especially so if it is a human. He usually just keeps to himself except when he needs food, at which point he finds a human to hunt down and briefly terrorize before killing. He basically views humans as the weakest creatures around and simply associating with them as weak behavior, so he tends to have a superiority complex.

History: Eh, I'll probably just work this into the story.

Powers/weapons:

-Invisibility: He can momentarily turn invisible, though this comes at the cost of a the sound of rattling chains coming from wherever he is. He usually only uses this when about to kill someone and it is said that if you hear the chains, it is already too late

-Shapeshifting: He can transform between his primary dog form and the form of a man, along with several other forms.

-Dog possession: He can take charge of a group of dogs around him for a limited time, causing them to howl and act wildly (With actions such as biting and snapping at people they know and running off into the wild). This is the limit of his control over them, however, and he cannot force them to do anything.

-Powerful senses: Like a dog, he has a very strong nose and great sense of hearing. These can easily be turned against him, though, and bad scents are enough to drive him off. These are heightened in his true form.

-Fire: Being a demonic dog in origin, he can summon his own flames. These usually appear in the form of heat that turns his arms completely white, allowing him to deliver strikes and scratches in his human form that burn at the slightest touch. In his true form, the heat usually only appears around his mouth and teeth or as actual flames from his eyes. The purpose of this heat is to burn flesh that he strikes, causing the wounds to not heal properly. The head can also be used for flight, though this is limited.

Other:

I'll make the monk-dude later.

Edited by pudding

This'll be fun. I mean, Kitsune are terrified of dogs, and supernatural dogs are no different.

So...plot. My first thought is that it should take place in Japan, and most are flooding in for reasons of their own (Namina's a trader, so that's be her reason, your preist could be a missionary, and Sethos could be a stowaway). We could sandbox it from there.

I kind of went a bit overboard on Sethos. I had a lot of fun researching different types of monsters and went nuts after I settled on a Barghest.

Since we're planning on having two Kitsune, I'd say going with Japan might be the best idea. Having him be a stowaway is perfectly fine and it might even be a good starting point to have Namina and him be on the same boat going over.

Okay, that works perfectly!

Shall we start, then? With this, Soiled won't get left behind.

Yes but lets not move past the boat so Soiled won't miss anything. If you'd like to start, you can. Since the ships would take some time to get to Japan, Sethos would probably end up killing someone onboard to get some food so Namina could end up looking for him. Or we could start with something more mellow. It's up to you.

((Right-o!))

Was she halfway there? Were they even a fourth of the way there? The Black Sun glanced down ar her map and scowled. There was nothing around them but a bunch of water! And the worst part was, the entire trip was only a few days in! With a heavy sigh, Namina brushed a long strand of hair from her face and folded the map back up. At least the trip would be worth it. Japan was finally open to trade! It was more than exciting. With a sigh, she picked idly at dried wax her candle had dripped ages ago. Just a couple more weeks at the least. It wouldn't be that bad as long as all supplies remained intact.

Japan. He knew hardly anything about the place and that was all the reason to travel there. However, it wasn't like it was easy. Boats rarely traveled there in the past but beyond that, he did not like boas in the first place. They were terrifying, horrifying things that somehow managed to float on the surface of the water for weeks at a time. And that was why, originally, he had no intention of actually traveling to Japan for that very reason. He'd never been on a boat but he hardly wanted to risk winding up in the middle of the ocean but he had finally convinced himself that it would be fine. He was a strong monster and was not afraid of something as puny as the ocean. So he had snuck aboard a ship leaving for the other country and remained as a stowaway.

That had been several days ago. He had spent that time under in the belly of the ship, minding his own business and waiting. He had never realized how long the trip would take and with his stomach starting to growl, it was time to move. Several humans were needed to maintain the functions of the ship so he was positive killing one of them would be just fine and not stop the ship from reaching its destination. Gathering up his long, dark robes, he brushed his hair back briefly before setting out from the cargo area, his feet stepping lightly on the wood planks. He made his way up the small set up stairs, his body turning invisible as soon as he came out of his cover. He walked briefly through the halls, looking around and scanning for a possible target to drag back under. It would have to be someone who wasn't vital and he really didn't have the time to fuss and make them scared. But that was fine, he needed to eat, not play.

((I see you all lurking there smile.gif ))

Edited by pudding

The thought of having a supply deficit was too worrysome for the captain. She stood from the padded chair and stretched, wincing as her vertabrae popped. She had been sitting for too long... Sitting still wasn't her style any more. Not since...everything happened. Childless and widowed at nineteen...it was traumatic for anyone. For someone who had such an easy life, it was mind-shattering. A mental breakdown didn't begin to cover the horrible few years she had devled herself into. Drinking, lots of drinking, and anger, and hunting. Damned monsters...it was their fault! She would be happy if it wasn't for them! Biting her lip as anger ebbed outwardly, Namina squeezed her eyes shut. By now, the crew was used to her fits of uncontrollable rage. So, as the chair she had previously been sitting on flew out the door and splintered into hunks of wood, there was no action taken. A good ten, maybe thirty minutes of a breakdown strong enough for her to black out, and she would be fine. Maybe.

Edited by shadow_claw