danicast

Export your scroll as a spreadsheet

I was thinking that would be great if it was possible to export my scroll information as a spreadsheet like this:

Name: Melancholic Blue Moon

Breed: Moonstone

Egg Stolen on: Dec 08, 2012

Hatched on: Dec 11, 2012

Grew up on: Dec 14, 2012

Overall Views: 8331

Unique Views: 1735

Clicks: 14

Last Bred: Jun 08, 2014

The information is already in the scroll so all we need is a tool that gather all the information and export as txt or any other format. I think this would be usefull to keep track of all dragons.

I could not find any suggestion like this searching the forum, if this is duplicated please forgive me.

I'd love it smile.gif It'd make scroll management much easier.

I'd add code to the list. And maybe, just maybe, lineage/view link, but if the code (or name) is already there, creating link in the spreadsheet takes just a second.

I was thinking... maybe a link to view the lineage? I don't know if it's possible, I have no knowledge about spreadsheets but I would like to have one with my dragons and that's why I thought on this. smile.gif

I was thinking... maybe a link to view the lineage? I don't know if it's possible, I have no knowledge about spreadsheets but I would like to have one with my dragons and that's why I thought on this. smile.gif

I don't see why it couldn't be possible if all other data were smile.gif Now, as I think about it longer, it could be really useful and make things easier for people and two columns more won't hurt anybody, right?

The codes, however, are crucial smile.gif Let's say, you have dragons in rows and each column represents one characteristic, like: name (column A), code (column B ), breed (column C) and so on. Than, even if lineage link is not included (because our guesses are wrong and it's not possible to create it automatically), you can still get it, by typing in the last column: ="http://dragcave.net/lineage/"&cell_with_the_code (for example ="http://dragcave.net/lineage/"&B2 for dragon in the second row). Details can differ according to the type of spreadsheet. Then this formula can be simply copied for other dragons. When there are no codes, but names only creating a link is still managable but becomes a bit more complicated.

Edited by irercha

Loooove this idea. Would very much like to see a way to get all this info into a spreadsheet.

I would love this, and use it often.

Neat idea. If it isn't hard to implement, I'd love it just to have on hand. Edited by Lyxii

I would love this! I can see it being good for RPs where you use dragons from your scroll, along with a million other uses. Support from me.

TJ does not provide breed names or any information about breeds to fansites, else this would be very easy to implement, :/

I wondered if something using the api would be possible. Whitebaron, are you familiar enough with such stuff to know how much if any would be possible?

I've been wishing for something like this for awhile. I want to sort my dragons and organize them to better keep track of breeding plans, and to know better just what I've got. It's so time consuming to create a spreadsheet at this point, with over 2000 dragons.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire