RavenWolf1010

Ceadarwoods High

Skinner pressed his ear against the spoon and nodded, "Will you shut up and just trust me?", he asked, "Magic doesn't exist. I'm going to save you. Anything else?" Of course, Skinner didn't want an answer. He pressed his cigarette against the spoon, "Fulgo", the spoon burst into flames. He dangled the flaming spoon in between two fingers, "Fingers crossed everybody", he muttered, dropping the spoon on the corresponding symbol.

The reaction that followed was slightly more energetic than he anticipated. The lines on the pavement shone like the sun. Skinner had to shield his eyes as the Magnesium reacted. A pillar of light erupted skyward, lighting up the front of the manor bright as day. Skinner had to take a step back as his XM rich body was feeling the effect of the circle. At least that was a good sign. In a flash, the reaction ceased and all was still. Skinner tried to blink the spots from his vision to see if Psi survived.

Rain felt the release of magical energy. Her skin danced with electricity. What in the hell... Alas, the food was too alluring. Cakes, delicacies, all that could be fathomed seemed to be here. Being quite unladylike, she shoveled the food into the bottomless pit that was her stomach.

"Wow,This is a big mansion!"Miyako said in awe."Make sure you don't lose your head here."Arata told her.

Many of the arriving guests stopped to watch the light show, but most ignored it. They were all used to weird things happening in these areas of highly concentrated supernatural energies, anyways.

Inside the mansion, the party was going wild. There were people trying to be dignified and failing, some succeeding, some that were actually dignified without trying, but amused at those that were failing to copy them. There were some dancing to the ballroom dance music playing, some other guests (like some succubus and incubus), however, were being very... ahem... in the darker edges of the ballroom although most of those people had retreated to the guest rooms provided for such acts. There were children running around and eating things from the table and vampires drinking glasses of blood while lounging on couches. And, just as Lycoris had anticipated, there were several torn very expensive Armani ties/shirts on the floor.

Outside in the backyard, there were people playing in the pool and some had set up a BBQ. Most of the teenage (for their species) creatures were in the backyard. They had even made a camp fire. The iron fence around the giant backyard prevented people from getting into the forest before the main event. Heavy metal was booming from the speakers and there were people singing and dancing on the wooden stage. The Garden part of the backyard, however, was generally quiet, including the rose-hedge maze. Except for a few couples, most guests generally avoided that place.

Many of the arriving guests had neglected to arrive through the front gate, so Lycoris' guess of the broken front gate was incorrect. Some had teleported, some had flown in through open windows and others had just popped out of the pool. Lady and Lord Blackwing had gone around greeting guests and playing games, while Hajime was chatting with a few vampires while avoiding any creature native to Japan. Chitsuru had decided that she didn't like the noise and went to explore the rose-hedge maze.

Back with Lycoris, however, everything was much quieter. He reached out and gently cupped Raven's face in one hand, ignoring his wolf who was snarling at him to get on with it and claim the female in front of him. Lycoris wanted to take it slow. He didn't think he had a chance at being the one for Raven, but this was making him think differently. So, he wouldn't mess this up. He tilted Raven's head up slightly and slowly leaned forwards, giving her enough time to pull away if she so wished (His wolf growled viciously at the thought), to capture the other's lips in a kiss.

Edited by SoiledLove

"I don't actually have-" Psi started to say but his voice was drowned out by an intense light show. The crystal he was holding firmly onto glowed as his eyes turned entirely purple. His cheeks puffed out briefly before his head arched back and purple, twisted energy poured out of his body and into the crystal. Though the procedure was not pleasant, the flux leaving his body felt like a massive weight was lifted from his chest. Pure, unadulterated energy sparked over his back as every fur stood on end and flushed completely white. As the light faded, the crystal he had been holding pulsed softly with purple light while Psi himself sparked loudly with white light. He turned his head to stare at Skinner, a large smile forming on his face as he spun in a small circle. "I feel amazing!" He declared as his fur fluffed out, making him resemble a pillow. "Absolutely spectacular! Man, Psi's back!" He jumped into the air with a grin and ran small circles inside the ring that had been drawn, holding the purple crystal like a trophy.

Skinner let out a sigh of relief when he found out that he didn't vaporize the cat. He smiled when he started to celebrate and tell everyone that he was, in fact, back. Skinner then noticed the circle burned into the driveway. He hoped that a good power wash was all it took to get rid of the alchemy symbol. He seemed to be breaking everything at the manor. birds fly, fish swim,Little wizards break things. His mother used to tell him that when he would break something by accident. It was true though, the different kinds of matter and radiation being thrown off his body tended to destroy delicate electronics like cameras and cell phones. All XM scientists break tech without meaning to, it's just the young ones that break everything else. The cat began to run in circles and Skinner frowned, "You're welcome", he said before turning to join the party.

"Gah! Holy censorkip.gif!" a man in a black suit yelled as the small gague suction cupped to the front windshield suddenly blew out and began to puff smoke. The man in the passenger seat quickly grabbed the sparking machine and threw it out the window of the black SUV and into the woods. "Did you see that? That burst of magical radiation buried the needle before it blew up" the man in the passenger seat said as he rolled the windows down to air out the smell of burning plastic, "And that flash. I have never seen a flash of light that bright generated. I wonder what caused it?" The man in the driver seat opened the glove box and pulled out a glock ten, "If something like that is going on at a party. Then I believe we found the place", the man in the black suit said.

Skinner had wandered into the back yard of the party since it had the most commotion. He made a face when the music hit his ears, metal. Pah! Bunch of noise is what I hear he thought, the speakers feeding back briefly as he passed. He got to the table full of grilled food items and picked up a hot dog. He made conversation with the wolf behind the grill, he was here for information after all.

Raven reciprocated Lycoris's movements. At first, she was rigid, but then she settled into the kiss, letting it enrapture her. The girl hadn't kissed before, or loved. But if this was what it was like... Then she could most defiantly get used to it.

She slipped her fingers under the hem of his shirt, looping her finger in the loop of his jeans, pulling him closer.

Rain checked her watch. Well, she made the movement to, despite the fact she didn't actually wear one. But the time ticked off in her head. Surely Skinner was done now? But the girl shrugged, heading towards the back of the house. A male stopped her, and she stiffened. One hand slid for her sword. "Hey, man, lighten up! You look... tense." She got that a lot. Rain couldn't help that she was worrying about other matters other than that, appearing relaxed. But the way the man had said it... The angel faced him, her silver eyes ablaze. Her instincts had been right. A demon. He was dressed in torn/ pale jeans, a plain t-shirt, and a checkered button up (left unbutton). He had was unshaven, with a goatee and slight mustache, and long, dirty brown hair. His smile, was smug, like he knew something she didn't. Gritting her teeth, Rain grappled for her sword. But the man smiled. "Looking for this?" He held it up, with one hand, in the other, a beer.

Rain wasn't one you'd want to bully. She didn't take censorkip.gif from anyone. Especially from the likes of demons. So what else would someone expect her to do? The girl clenched her hand into a fist and swung. Hard. A crack filled the small room, and Rain shook out her hand. The demon didn't go down. But he had staggered a bit. Eyes burned into her, and her confidence faultered. The angel snatched her sword and sheathed it, moving upstairs. The eyes followed her, including the demon's, filled with a new hunger.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Psi looked after Skinner, a wide smile on his face. "Thanks!" He declared gleefully. He'd have to make sure he memorized that magic energy signature so he'd be able to track him down later. Now that he found Skinner, he wasn't going to let him go for very long. Just enough time for him to have some fun feeling rejuvenated. He jumped high into the air before landing on the ground outside of the circle. He spun in a quick circle as his fur gradually faded back to its original, multicolored self. He had some control over it now and it was enough for him to return back to his normal appearance. He sighed as he looked around, now rather interested in the party going on around him.

Jean yawned, looking down from her perch in a tree. Parties weren't her style. The food, was, but in truth, she liked to sit and observe. Maybe she'd get swept up in a tussle, or hover over a a small group, but other than that, she wasn't one that jumped off roofs into the pool below. So, in her nature, she'd been watching a man, help a cat-thing. The girl had never seen something so strange before. And once it looked to be better, she hopped down, stilling over. Interesting. A strong mingle of emotions rose like an invisible beacon in the distance. Love. Jean smiled, but focused on Psi. I'm Jean, assuming you talk. Or understand English.

Arata wandered around the backyard looking at all the creatures while Miyako is inside with the party-goers.'Never knew there would be so many creatures'He thought'I wonder if there are any native to Japan.'

Lady Blackwing almost seemed to materialize before Rain. "Hello there, dear," she greeted, "Please don't fight with the other guests even if you are natural enemies. It's against the sacred law of the Gatherings. Angels and demons had already been banned once for a thousand years because of the fights they tend to get into. Let's not let it happen again," she told Rain before moving past her towards the demon who she was much less courteous with, cuffing him over the head and scolding him about goading others. It was almost as if Lupa had been holding back because she wasn't familiar with Rain.

The wards around the manor kicked into action after the light show, erasing the leftover energies and the circle as well as blurring the memories of every human who had seen it. It wasn't the first time something like this had happened and the wards, being as ancient as they are, were very powerful, protecting the secrecy of the Blackwing manor and it's inhabitants.

Lycoris allowed his arms to encircle Raven's waist, his wolf growling in satisfaction as the female accepted him. He moved his lips slowly, chastely against Ravens, holding his wolf back from taking it too far. His eyes fell closed as they kissed, Lycoris wondering if he should deepen it.

Hajime had been studiously avoiding this evil looking Oni for most of the party, hoping that the scent of blood would distract it as he hung around the vampires.

Edited by SoiledLove

Rain frowned, but obliged. I think it's time I take my leave. Skinner hadn't come back, and the food had lost it's appeal. So she grabbed a pen and stationary, then scribbled down a note.

Party became a drag, so I flew home.

Haha, just kidding. I don't have a home. See you tomorrow.

-R

She folded the note, then weaved her way down the stairs and through the door. The angel paused, watching the wards. They soon too, lost her interest, and she continued to Skinner's jeep. Gently lifting the windshield wiper, she pinned the note down, and then continued walking. The lights and sounds of the party faded behind her. Silvery-white light washed the road in front of her, but the trees began to mesh together, creating a tunnel over the road. The light would fin some spots to shine through, but otherwise the tunnel was dark, and cold. With a burst of light that enveloped Rain, the dress was replaced with a pair of jeans and a grey sweatshirt. Even then, it was still cold. At the end of the tunnel, she'd take flight, then find some tree to crash in.

The girl looped one arm around his shoulders, the other still firmly wrapped around the belt loop of his pants. She broke the kiss off slowly, then let her head rest on Lycoris's shoulder. You're a good kisser, she whispered quietly.

Psi looked up at the woman who appeared, questioning if he understood or spoke English. "Sure I do," He replied, settling down onto all fours. His tail, acting like a fifth paw, coiled around the purple crystal and held it aloft. He'd bury it somewhere safer than here. "My name is Psi. What's yours?"

Xerxes wasn't comfortable at all. Like, really not comfortable. The fancy dress, the way her mother had styled her hair. She had panicked upon arriving at home but her mother didn't seem concerned. Why was that? Why was this part so important they attend? Her mother seemed wrong but she just couldn't place her finger on it. And now, she was gone and Xerxes was left standing outside, confused about what to do and where to go. She looked down at the pale blue dress she was wearing and uncomfortably toyed with the sleeves. Where was her mom? When were they leaving? She didn't want to be here surrounded by all these other people! She wanted to leave.

The girl laughed. Hard of hearing? I'm Jean, in case you didn't catch it the first time. Her smile was friendly. Nice to meet you Psi. What happened over there? There was a flash of light across her eyes, and she looked down to the crystal. Present from Zeke, Skinner, whatever that guy name was? At the school earlier, she'd met him. But the girl was bad at names.

Psi blinked several times then scratched at an ear. Maybe he was mishearing things. It was kinda weird but he managed to piece together what she had said. "This?" He asked, gesturing to the glowing crystal. "Oh no, that's just from me. The not-magician helped drain my flux and he put it in here. I guess because he didn't have a spell that needed powering, he just put it in a container. It's very dangerous though, so no touching!" He smiled as he waved the crystal around then looked about the yard. "I should probably find a place to put it. We don't want it going somewhere bad."

(((I apologize for my absence. I have been in an interview all day)))

Skinner stalked back into the main house. APPARENTLY girls don't like it when guys talk about the metaphysical properties of stones. He guessed he should find Rain. He was a bit surprised that she didn't track him down sooner. Maybe she was thinking the same thing? He climbed halfway up the stairs to look out over the crowd of people on the dance floor. No black winged angel in sight. Weird, maybe she was looking for him out front.

The engine of the SUV fell silent and the men in the black suits slammed the doors of the car. The man with the pink and blue tie scanned the surroundings,

"Did you remember your scrambler?" the other man asked, fastening a headset to his ear.

"Yeah I got it", he said, securing his own headset device to his ear.

Both men started up the driveway towards the massive house. The driveway was packed with cars. Meaning that they had to park their own SUV near the front gate. The machine in the man with the pink tie's pocket was crackling like mad.

"Will you turn that thing off. We know this place is saturated with exotic radiation", he scolded, "Thats what the scramblers are for"

Scramblers were little headset devices that were designed to keep it's wearer's brainwaves from being deterred by magic. They were created from studying a subject implanted with such technology. The original inventor was unknown.

They noticed a girl talking to a boy in the front of the house and they approached side by side, "Excuse us? We are looking for the host of this get together", the man in the dark red tie said with a sincere smile.

((Wait, who are they talking to? It's not Psi and Jean, is it?))

(((OH BUT IT IS! The ward makes Psi look human)))

((They are. I think.... The spell the Blackwings put over the house makes Psi appear human... I'm pretty sure.

Edit: HA I WAS RIGHT!!!))

Rain casted herself back over the party, watching for Skinner. The girl didn't see him, and her vision snapped back to the road before her.

Jean looked the men over. They were surely out of place. Why? Jean challenged, Psi momentarily forgotten. The girl crossed her arms. They didn't look of the right age, or wearing 'party attire'. Everyone knew that Lycoris's parties weren't formal by any means.

((Sorry for being so short, busy. Technically grounded. ninja.gif ))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

((Oh snap!))

Psi turned his head slightly, rubbing his ears as they twitched around on his head. Man, his hearing was off. That explosion of light must've messed with the magic functioning as his hearing. Honestly, his own body confused him. He lacked any and all internal organs and was a skin with magic bursting underneath. Somehow, a conscious had formed in which different parts of magic acted to keep his body in check, store memories and even allow him to perceive touch and hearing. Taste was a weird one as while he could taste, he didn't actually require food to function and usually just turned into flux after being fused with the pure magic in his body. Something about the draining spell must've messed with the magic, however, since he kept mishearing things. "Host?" He asked, thinking that must've been what they asked. It sounded the closest, at least. "I don't actually know who is hosting it. I got dragged here by a cat and a fox. I could try to find out, though. The not-magician probably knows! Just follow me!" he waved them after him then scrambled off, following Skinner's energy signal towards him.

"Woah, woah, easy there Psi. These guys... Don't seem a little off to you?" She whispered in his ear. What she would kill for Telepathy right now. The cat seemed to be non the wiser of the men. But Jean was jaded, and was quite skeptical of the whole situation. Ahem, you'll have to excuse my friend. He's been drinking. And perhaps... Getting aquatinted with Puff the Magic Dragon, if you know what I mean. He's been rattling on about 'magic'. He watched some show with talking animals, and now he thinks he was brought here by his buddies Piper and Shadow. She laughed and shook her head. Guess he got in a little over his head. Nice cover-up. It was pretty believable. A big house meant money, and money meant... Drugs, alcohol. Not to mention the teens wandering the grounds. Edited by RavenWolf1010

((Argh, sorry for being away! Yeah, the ward makes everyone appear normal to humans it also makes humans not suspicious of weird things and much more accepting of explanations that have no logic to them...))

Lycoris grinned wolffishly. "Why thank you," he muttered into her hair softly, inhaling Raven's scent. He stayed there, feeling a peaceful feeling come over him. Suddenly, though, the bushes rustled and someone whistled. Lycoris tensed and twitched in annoyance, raising his head.

"Hey, grand méchant loup, finally got a girlfriend, cher?" An annoying (in Lycoris' point of view) voice spoke.

Lycoris growled at Acelin who had just faded out from the shadows. "Shut up, leech."

"Now, now, is that how you treat your best friend, loup gosse?"

"Don't call me that. Go away," Lycoris grumbled, his inner wolf's displeasure showing as he growled again.

"Fine, fine. I'll you two amoureux alone," Acelin agreed cheerfully, waggling his eyebrows suggestively at Raven before waving and disappearing in the direction of the party.

((I don't know much French, so I used a translator

grand méchant loup - big bad wolf

Loup Gosse - wolf brat

Amoureux - lovers

Cher - dear))

"What?" Psi asked, rubbing his ear when she tried to whisper something in his ear. He frowned and rubbed his ear before shaking his head at her cover up. "What are you talking about? You didn't even get their names right! And I don't know any dragons, let alone any named Puff!" He seemed ignorant to the fact she was trying to coverup everything and stepped back close to the two men. "I don't get why you're lying. I mean, of course magic exists. I'm made of it for crying out loud! 100% pure, grade-A magic!" He patted his chest instistantly with a frown.

Raven giggled quietly. Nice guy.

((Eh, writer's block... Sorry.))

Jean shrugged. See? I should probably get him home. And I'm sure we don't need a couple of old pervs here at the party. The humor fled from her eyes, and they were a cold green. So why don't you move it. It wasn't a question, and Jean wasn't moving. She needed back up.

Rain sighed. She didn't want to go to a home that didn't even exist. Maybe I should... No. Foregoing her previous decision to leave the party, she began to head back. Rain was often indecisive, an attribute that was less favorable of hers. She began jogging back. Once clear of the trees, she took flight, landing by the jeep. The note still was held to the windshield neatly, and she tugged it from it's hold. Crumpling it up, she stuck the was in her pocket.

The angel was now satisfied, her objectives taken care of. A girl with firey red hair, accompanied by the cat she'd seen earlier, were talking to two men. This aroused Rain's curiosity, and she moved closer. That's when she realized that it was Jean, the mutant. Why was she talking to these guys? They were older than the majority of guests. While inside, a few of the men wore suits, they still seemed odd. Sticking to the shadows, Rain nonchalantly leaned against the brick wall, on standby if she so needed. The cat was blabbering on about a dragon, and magic. Strange. By interpreting Jean's rigid posture, she was trying to get a point across. Lying maybe? Jean didn't seem comfortable in her own skin. A quick look into her thoughts proved Rain's suspicions. Jean shared the same thought. These men didn't fit here.

((Wow I missed a lot.Can I have a recap of what has been happening?))