Yeeyee

Strange things you do on dragon cave.

Any thing's you do on dragon cave that are weird, strange or just plain odd? For me, when a hatchling genders wrong, I say "If I can't have it, no one can."

EDIT 5/22/2014: In case you are thinking I kill the miss-gendered hatchlings, I don't kill things. I find it silly and a waste of scroll space.

Edited by Howitzersfriend

For me, it's keeping tabs on what happens to the descendants of my dragons. Every now and again, I abandon babies for others to have (I breed my golds purely for this purpose, as their lineages are awful.). Recently, a hatchling of mine gendered wrongly and I dropped it into the AP.

I have no idea where she ended up, as the person has hidden their username on their dragons. However, I went to see what had happened to her and found that whoever obtained her had bred her! I checked out her baby, and whoa, the lineage was just beautiful! Kudos, whoever you are!

If I miss a rare in the AP, I always view its lineage. I know that this might just cause me extra pain if the lineage is good, but I do it anyway.

Every time an egg hatches, I say aloud: Oh! Baby has hatched!

When a hatchling grows up, I say: Baby's all grown up!

I address all my dragons like this. Probably because I'm horrible at actually giving them names.

If I miss a rare in the AP, I always view its lineage. I know that this might just cause me extra pain if the lineage is good, but I do it anyway.

This is me too, especially with prizes. xd.png

This is me too, especially with prizes. xd.png

Yep me three.. there is always that chance it *might* appear again laugh.gif

We must all be masochists since I also do this. Every time, even with commons. xd.png

I view eggs in the AP and Cave without clicking on them. (As in, change the link to a view link)

I usually do this if I'm egglocked, as I like finding out who catches the eggs and in the AP cases what the lineages are. So many pretty ones!

The view link IS where they gain a click. The only way you can avoid adding a click when viewing someone else's dragon is either by viewing the owner's scroll, or by using the lineage link.

I look at lineage links, but always try to avoid the view page of any growing dragon, just because that's the way I raise my dragons, and I'd want the same respect for my babies. <3

When I first started dragon cave I used the 'earthquake' BSA and it killed all of my eggs. I, in turn, killed the green dragon who I used for the BSA. When soulpeace dragons came out, I used the 'expunge' BSA on the only zombie I had.

I guess you could say that I have to use every BSA/action available, even if I know the end result is not beneficial.

If I'm breeding a pair of mates and they show no interest, I always say in my head, "Oops, looks like you too had an argument. Better resolve it before next week."

Sometimes I click and drag the images of my dragons around my scroll and make them 'fight' each other.

Whenever I see a valuable egg in the AP or cave, I always spazz out and shout "GETITGETITGETITGETIT" as I move to click on it.

There's probably more things I do that I just can;t think of right now. tongue.gif

I always open DC first thing whenever I get on a computer, even when I'm specifically going to do something completely different... It is a reflex at this point.

I'm also a little obsessed with naming my dragons so that within each species, all letters of the (English) alphabet are used at the beginning of the names at least once, if not twice (once of CB's and once for bred dragons.) After that, I don't really care, strangely enough...

I'm just reading all of these things that people do, and I think to myself, "Wow I do all of these..." Like checking AP eggs without clicking, looking at rares' lineages that I miss, etc.

The weirdest thing I do on DC... Probably naming all of my dragons from one species with similar names. Ie: All of my Pinks start with the prefix "Hana." :'D

My dragon names. They are all over the place. I do things like this because my thought process makes absolutely no sense.

And those are just my "silly" names. Some of my "normal" names include Fikki, Fascha, Gefuri, Ochuu, Vi'aya, Ioyu, Yilgele, Raflgar, and Poof-zilla (Why? Because I can have fun telling people "Hey, try to pronouce all of these!") Oh yeah, and these are all alongside names like like Ben and Darren.

Consistency. I totally has it.

Edited by Athkore

Haha, I name mine after things people say sometimes.. Like "whatever floats your turtle" is one of my dragons.

I know sometimes when i see hatchies in the AP, and i don't catch them, I get angry and decide that I DESERVED it because i saw it... haha

Don't know if you could really call it strange, but I have a habit of staring at my scroll. Regardless if I know that they wont be hatching any time soon, I still have to at least have a tab open. Even if I'm not in the forums!

check lineages in the AP when im locked, or check the lineage when i miss an egg in the AP

I just yell at my dragons.

Hatch already! Grow already!

Most of my breedable dragons end up being unnamed. But I name every single one of my Papers. tongue.gif

I let my Vampires bite every missclicked egg from the cave so I have a reason to keep it. I also like to give my Vampires long names.

And, if I have an "important" egg for a lineage whatever I have the habbit of checking several times if I influenced it correctly. Because once is not enough rolleyes.gif

Anyone else get upset when they view their dragon's progeny and find a dead egg?

I also have a habit of congratulating my dragons on becoming grandparents. Out loud. And also scolding my rares on producing non-rares (I think my Magma hates me). xd.png

Anyone else get upset when they view their dragon's progeny and find a dead egg?

I think anybody would. At least I will be if I ever do find a dead egg. ; n ;

They're my babies' babies.

How I name my dragons. 'nuff said

Same here. Also, I have to name my babies as soon as they gender.

Lately I've been going to the AP and picking up all the dragons there of a certain type. Then I add them to a click site, and go to each one to see who bred them and what the lineage is like. If it's a dragon owner I don't care for, or if the lineage is bad messy, I re-abandon it. Or if the dragon names on the lineage are crazy long, or have CB in them, or other reasons to not keep them, back they go.

I've been seeing a lot of cave born on the AP lately. I picked up 6 Deep Seas, and 4 were CBs. 6 Blue and slimy, and 3 were CBs. Hmmm...