Yeeyee

Strange things you do on dragon cave.

If I miss a rare in the AP, I always view its lineage. I know that this might just cause me extra pain if the lineage is good, but I do it anyway.

Hmm sounds somewhat familiar... >>; *tends to do that as well every now and then*

I grab a lot of eggs just to check their lineages, even if I have no intention of keeping the egg (which, unless the lineage is that fantastic, I usually don't xd.png ).

I tend to think up dark pasts for ALL my dragons, even the ones which I don't keep, and end up not using the dark, awesome descriptions in favor of no description or an odd description.

If I pick up an egg from the AP that isn't incuhatchable, but has a full hole, I'll probably force it then freeze it. I like to keep the forced message.

Whenever I get a dummy for something I gift, I don't just abandon those lil eggs 'n hatchies. I either keep them for myself or offer them on the departure thread. If they are overly common or have really messy linages I try to turn them into vampires first before gifting them.

For me, it's keeping tabs on what happens to the descendants of my dragons. Every now and again, I abandon babies for others to have (I breed my golds purely for this purpose, as their lineages are awful.). Recently, a hatchling of mine gendered wrongly and I dropped it into the AP.

I have no idea where she ended up, as the person has hidden their username on their dragons. However, I went to see what had happened to her and found that whoever obtained her had bred her! I checked out her baby, and whoa, the lineage was just beautiful! Kudos, whoever you are!

Me too!!! I'm always rather sad when they don't get names, or if they're released (or if they die, which is soooo sad sad.gif)

Lately I have been giving my dragons surnames. I know that's not unusual by itself, but I pick a different surname for each breed and use German words related to the breed a lot of the time.

Some days if I have extra scroll space and am bored I'll grab some eggs from the ap and viewbomb them myself until they have a huge hole. Then I'll redump them in the AP and watch as someone grabs them. It really helps with some of the commons, they're snapped up pretty fast.

I don't always name my dragons, but when I do, I love alliteration. Seriously.

My cheeses, save for "Wensleydale Cheese", all begin with "W" and have the last name "Wensleydale". (I suppose this is kind of quirky in its own right. It's an obscure cheese, and really tasty, but kind of expensive, so I take out my cravings on cheese dragons. xd.png) I also have a few alliterative canopies using "Foliage" as a surname.

My Freezerbutt lineage is all about alliteration. Some later gens, some earlier ones, and the start of it.

That kind of leads me to another quirk: I rarely describe my dragons, but when I do, I make them sound pretty crazy. xd.png Seriously, check out Frosty Freezerbutt's, that dragon is a total nutcase.

I do have another lineage project, with another bizarre surname: the Teapotahedrons, which is a kind of obscure 3D-graphics-history joke. ^^;

And then there's my Christmas and Valentine's naming patterns. With Christmases, it started with "Rankin-Bass Christmas Special", whose name is a reference to those old stop-motion Christmas specials like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Santa Claus Comes to Town. Then. . . it sort of escalated, and every single one is "Rankin-Bass Christmas (something)". (Also reminds me, pure accident, but twice now I've missed on freezing S2 Winter Magis.)

The Valentine pattern started with "The Sequinned Love Nun", a reference to Christopher Moore's book Island of the Sequinned Love Nun. The rest of my Vals are always "The Sequinned Love (something)", and at least one of each breed's (something) is a reference to some religious position for consistency's sake. But after that all bets are off, and some are kind of puns off of their religious position counterparts--like Sequinned Love Monkey to Sequinned Love Monk.

A lot of my other names are references to Pixar movies, Christopher Moore books, or particularly entertaining NaNoisms.

I do also succumb to the urge to check lineage when I miss a good AP egg. Starting to think that one might not be so odd, seeing how many of us do that!

Not sure if this has been posted,

But does anyone else scroll through the forums, adds in another tab to hunt in AP... And then goes back to the forum and clicks another subforum to view only to add in another tab to check on the AP instead of going back to the original? I literately just had 4 tabs on the AP and lots more tabs on the forums (some that were on the same thread xd.png). I do this with biomes too lol.

If I miss a rare in the AP, I always view its lineage. I know that this might just cause me extra pain if the lineage is good, but I do it anyway.

Me too, me three, me four, me five, me whatever number we're up too. I think everyone does this.

I usually have at least 17 DC-related browser tabs open.

- 10 tabs with my dragons (scroll pages)

- 1 tab to visit hatcheries

- AP

- Cave

- lineage planning

- forum

- egg limits page (to make 100% sure I'm not locked before breeding eggs I want to keep)

- page with "available for BSA" dragons

... I don't restart my browser/computer very often... rolleyes.gif

Additionally I have:

- spreadsheet with 20 pages of dragon lists and breeding plans

- text file with the numbers and breeds for "Legacy Custom Sort"

- text file with forum post drafts and other notes, including "12345678901234567890123456789012" on one line so I can write dragon names on the line below to see if they're too long

- various files with attempts to replace the first spreadsheet by something more organized

- an F5 key with no dust on it

- a brain that is kind of obsessed with DC...?

I'm obsessive over checking on my dragons-to the point where I was tempted to stay up on a weekday to put one of my hatchlings into an ER when it had four days left.

I also tend to check common eggs in the AP to see if they have a lineage or not before I take them in. Doesn't work out too well when others snatch them up. sad.gif

Weeeeeelllllll I just caught myself doing another weirdo thing on DC. I talk to my dragons. lol When they gender right I say so. "It's a boy! You're a boy! Good boy!" or "It's a girl! You're a girl! Good girl!"

And to eggs I need to gender a certain way and I've run out of "influence" I rather sternly ask them to please be a boy or girl. *Makes mental note to catch/breed more pinks and hopes THEY gender as needed!*

I'm not sorry. Heck, I apologize to my Transformers figurines if I drop them or knock them over. (My poor TF Prime Starscream gets it the worst, he sits on my right hand computer speaker.)

I'm almost 34 years old, going on 5...

Edited by Butterflyzilla

Welllllll..... Let's just say I sometimes get a little too emotionally involved with some of my dragons' descriptions. I should really get into some of the dragon RPs on this forum. xd.png

And I do the same thing as Butterflyzilla(the talking to dragons part). ._.

Edited by FlyingDragona

I use Chrome for Dragon Cave and pretty much everything.

Firefox for stuff like Internetometer... Leetle Adoptables... ect.

Opera (Surprise! Its the Nintendo DSi browser [at least what mine came with]!) For hatcheries.

I'm thinking about getting a 4th one for Game Wikis. biggrin.gif

New habit developed during these last weeks - only pick up eggs from AP and when I stumble upon a CB, I abandon it. Also, when the parents don't have names or most of the lineage don't have names. Loving crazy names in lineage, or simply interesting lineages. Those eggs I keep. Doesn't have to be some rare egg, nope.

I still wonder, why. biggrin.gif

I do the same thing in regards to the AP. I do keep CBs occasionally though. But I practically never hunt the cave unless there's a new release.

I do some of the stuff that has been mentioned too.

I only do the occasional glance through the cave to see if there's a rare, almost all of my dragons come from the AP. I tend to throw back CBs too, prefer the pretty lineages that wash up in there fairly often.

I tend to talk to well-lineaged eggs I find about their lineages. xd.png

Also growl at dragons when they refuse mates, but who doesn't have at least a mental growl?

For some reason, I only like one of each dragon sprite (two of each dragon, unless there's no dimorphism). This gets me kind of twitchy when I see Alts that are not available to me, as I'll never have the full set of sprites, but nothing I can do there. xd.png

Was a lot harder to pull off before I had two pinks. But it does prevent me from getting egg-locked, now that I have a fuller scroll.