littlelizzie

Teamwork

"Oh, I guess that makes sense, he just seems- I dunno, older?" Frowning on Sarah's comment that he hadn't seen a real smile.

'Well, have you?' Hal thought to himself quietly as he trudged into the living room and plopped down on the couch. 'Yeah, I doubt myself too much.'

"Hey Ave! And yeah, geese may have been involved in our whereabouts." Hal said grinning as he came into the kitchen, "What are you making?" he asked cautiously, "And should I have the fire department on speed dial?"

((Yeah, it should be fun but my camp ferns aren't answering my emails, out of the eleven people I sent the email out to I've gotten five replies, counting myself.))

Edited by Raven301

((We got six kittens and a mom!! They're all so cuuute~))

Ave scowled at Hal and looked back at the frying pan he was standing over. He pressed down on a pancake with a spatula. "I'm making pancakes, sir. I can make eggs too. When do you have to leave for school?" He looked at Hal and then at Sarah. "Why do I feel like you guys didn't really chase geese?" He asked, looking back at the pan.

He flipped a pancake into the air and caught it on his spatula. "Woo, skill." He smiled and looked at Sarah.

"Super skillful for someone who hasn't cooked before." Sarah said with a raised eyebrow.

"I might have cooked when I was alive. Like, maybe I won some competitions once or something... But whatever." Ave said nonchalantly, flipping a different pancake.

((Ooooohhh, Kitties! Kitties are the best!))

"Just asking!" Hal said with a smile, clapping Avery on the back while hoisting himself up to sit on the counter.

"No time in particular, my first period today is Art, and my art teacher is freakin' amazing so he won't care if I'm late." Hal says as he watches Avery cook.

"You, Feather, are an amazing person, or angel, or whatever," Hal smiles, "And should totally cook me some eggs and repeat the process every morning for forever 'cause no one in my house can cook. And if I so much as see another bowl of cereal ever again . . . I don't know what I'll do but it won't be pretty!"

Ave listened to Hal and flipped another pancake. He's in a better mood now. He thought, glancing briefly at the brunette. I don't know what to say. Should I bring up yesterday or not? Hm... Probably not. It's too embarrassing. He bit his lip and looked back at the pancakes. He grabbed a plate that he had found and scooped out the pancakes one by one, easily layering them on top of each other.

"For you.." He said with a smile, placing the plate on the counter in front of Hal. "I won't be doing this for you every morning. I would say I have a life to attend to, but then I would be lying." He joked, looking around. "I actually have plans today though." He mumbled, opening the refrigerator.

"You can get your own syrup and whatever. I couldn't find that stuff. Also, how do you like your eggs?" He asked, pulling out a carton of eggs. "And how many do you want?"

((I've been in the room with the kittens all day and they're so cuuute~~))

((*squeals* my mummy won't let me get a kitty dry.gif ))

Grinning Hal slid off the counter and, grabbing the plate, spun around quickly towards the refrigerator and pantry on the other side of the kitchen. Grabbing syrup out of the pantry and butter out of the fridge Hal put generous helpings of both on his pancakes before turning back to Avery.

"Scrambled is the way to go." me mumbles around a bite of pancake he had just stuffed in his mouth.

"Just one," he said swallowing, "And yes I am disgusting." Hal said with a half smile as he turned to pour himself a glass of milk.

"Also this are delicious so if you aren't going to be my personal chef," Hal winked at this, "Then you should at least show me how to make them some time. You know. After this apparent apocalypse."

((I've grown up with cats my entire life//laffs. We have three, but we're fostering the mom and kittens :> so now we have like, ten cats in the house pfff XD Why won't your mom let you have a cat?))

Ave looked at Hal with furrowed eyebrows when he said he was disgusting. "I never said anything about being disgusting...?" He asked cautiously, cracking one egg into the frying pan. He let it cook for a bit as he listened to Hal and smirked at his suggestion.

He broke the eggs yoke and mixed the egg together, looking at Hal as the egg whites turned yellow. "I can't teach anyone to cook. I've never been able too." He said, avoiding eye contact with Hal. "I don't know what'll happen after the end is done being the end, but I don't think I should make any promises to be your personal chef." He said, turning his attention back to the egg.

Sarah huffed and smacked the back of Ave's head. Ave flinched but didn't look at her. "Geez, Ave. Don't kill the mood. Smile, laugh. It's Friday morning." She said, looking over his shoulder at the egg. "Make me something when Hal goes to school. I'm hungry too."

"But you ate last night..." Ave trailed off and looked at Sarah. He sighed when she smiled at him and nodded. He lifted the frying pan off the burner and held it out to Hal. "Take your eggs, Artsy. They taste pretty good in syrup." He said with a smile.

Edited by littlelizzie

((Mostly 'cause she doesn't want to have to deal with taking care of it despite the fact that we have two dogs that me and my sister take care of by ourselves. Doesn't make sense to me!))

"Mostly just the talking with my mouth full thing." Hal said, pointing his fork at Avery as he scrambled the egg, "Every time I talk with my mouth full my mom tells me it's disgusting, she wasn't here to say it so I felt I ought to say it for her." Hal explained, putting another bite of pancake into his mouth.

"I could probably just learn from watching you actually." Hal thought out loud as his eyes followed Avery's every move, "Make you breakfast."

Snapping out of his tiny daze Hal glanced over at Sarah in the corner of the kitchen, unable to hold back a small laugh when she smacked Avery, "Have some fun Ave!"

As Avery held the eggs out to him Hal quickly scooped them on to his plate and put a little syrup on them, "Try something new everyday." He said smiling as he put a bite of the egg in his mouth, "That is only one of my many mottos."

((Hahh that is weird XD))

Ave watched as Hal poured the syrup over his eggs and snickered quietly when he ate it. He covered his mouth with the back of his hand to hide his grin and stared at Hal. "Does that actually taste good?" He asked, putting the pan back on the stove.

Motto's... My motto is probably Life Sucks. He thought, remembering what his friend had said once.

"You know, Ave, I can sum you up in probably three quotes. 'Even though I don't mean too, I keep everyone away from me.' Accurate. 'Dear pillow, I'm so sorry for all the tears', and 'Can't you just see through my pain and understand?'. You have such a sad story to tell."

"Then why do you talk to me?"

"Because everyone deserves to be happy. You know, people are like butterflies. A butterfly can't see it's wings, and it can't see how beautiful it really is. Humans are like that too. Everyone else can see its wings though, and they all can see how beautiful it is."

"So you're calling me a butterfly?"

"No, unless you want to be a butterfly. I just want you to destroy the thing that destroys you. You're self doubt and hate is so... Sad. I want you to smile."

"I've never smiled before."

"That's a big fat lie if I've ever heard one."

"Whatever."

"Even though I don't mean to, I keep everyone away from me..." He mumbled, frowning. He sighed and took a deep breath and turned to Hal. He crossed his arms over his chest. "You need to hurry and eat so you can go to school, Artsy."

Edited by littlelizzie

"You liar." Hal said, grinning, "and yeah it's not that bad." With this Hal shoveled another forkful into his mouth, quickly finishing off the plate.

"Artsy? Where'd that come from?" Hal asked as he dumped his dishes into the sink, "And yeah, I'll head out now." As he said this Hal walked back out of the kitchen to the living room, pulling on a hoodie before grabbing his back pack.

"No one make any coffee!" Hal shouted over his shoulder as he walked out to his car, "My Mom would kill me." he continued quietly to himself as he opened the car door and clambered inside.

"You're now Artsy because you have an oh nevermind." Ave stopped talking as Hal walked out the door and waved goodbye to him. He looked back at Sarah and smiled. "So you want something to eat?"

"I want eggs and bacon and steak and cheese cubes and waffles and pancakes and toast and jelly-"

"No, you're getting eggs and pancakes. I'm not a chef." Ave said, moving back over to the stove. "You know what I have planned today, right?" He asked, pulling out two eggs.

"Going to visit the cemetery?" Sarah asked, hopping on the counter behind Ave.

"Yeah. Watch Hal for me?"

"I was supposed to watch you though."

"Only when I'm with him. How do you want your eggs?"

Edited by littlelizzie

As he drove to school Hal thought over the last 12ish hours, 'This time yesterday I was a normal, ordinary, regular person going about their normal, ordinary, regular life and now, now, for once in my life, I'm different.'

Smiling as he pulled into the school parking lot Hal parked in his usual spot near the back of the lot, away from everyone else, and began the small walk up to the school.

As he entered his first period Hal immediately looked around for his friend, Anastasia.

"Hey Hal!" Ana called from their usual corner of the messy room full of various art supplies and projects.

Making his way over to the table Hal plopped down next to Ana and responded with sigh and then a grin, "Hey."

"Ok who is it?" Ana asked once Hal had sat down.

"What?" Hal asked with confusion.

"Who's the girl? Or guy? Or whatever?"

"What?" Hal asked again, this time knowing exactly what Ana was talking about, but feigning confusion.

"Oh come on, don't give me that I'm your best friend!"

"So?"

"So, I can tell when you're lying! You bite the inside of your cheek and actually look me in the eyes when you lie. Quite the opposite of normality if you ask me."

"Actually studies show that ey-"

"No, it is too early in the morning for one of your smart-person rants." Anastasia says, stretching and yawning, "I was up till like 2 last night playing the new sims game that came out last week. But no subject changing allowed! Who's the lover, lover boy?"

"No one."

"Fine, it's too early for this too but I have all my classes except for third with you today, including lunch, and I am not going to let this go."

And with that she turned back to the small canvas she had in front of her, painting abstractly while ignoring Hal, this was going to be a long day.

((Wallllllllll!)

((That wall is best wall xd.png))

"You really should invest in being a chef, Ave." Sarah said with a smile, breaking her eggs yoke. She took a bite of the egg and smiled at Ave. "Seriously. These eggs are amazing."

"No, they really aren't. There are so many better cooks out there then me. If I had some special thing I made then I might get by, but I simply know how to make regular food."

"Liar. You made udon once. That's not regular food."

Ave looked at Sarah, surprised. "How did you know that?"

"I read your profile, remember? You're memories were everywhere when you came up and I had to pick them all up. That's how I knew you so well when we met. I'm still getting to know you, though."

"Yeah, I know, I know. Just finish your food so I can leave to visit him."

"Hal? Or your friend?"

"My friend. I'm not going to bother Hal today. I think if I do it'll be bad. What did you have to go and do this morning?"

"I had to go fetch him. He ran off because he overheard you, I think."

Ave sighed and leaned against the fridge. "Of course he did. Guess I'll talk to him about it when he gets home then."

"Not necessary. I kinda did already. I told him about what happens when we win the war." Sarah looked at Ave and bit her lip when she saw him staring at her. "Ah, don't get mad..."

"Why would you tell him that?" Ave asked, walking away from the blond. "Seriously!? God, you probably told him everything about me too? Sarah, I trust you. I don't want him to know everything about me. He already is mad at me as it is. Ughh...."

"Ave, I didn't tell him everything. Not even I know everything. I just told him about your friend. I told him about my brother, and I told him about Nylia's parents. Come on, he hardly knows anything about you."

Ave looked at Sarah and sighed deeply. "Whatever. I wish you could just wipe his memory of this morning, and of yesterday. It would make things so much better." He looked away from her and out the window.

Sarah watched Ave and frowned when he mentioned erasing his memory. She thought for a moment and then looked at her plate. "You know I actually could do that. You're just upset. You don't really know what your saying."

"Right." Ave scoffed and looked at Sarah, his brown eyes cold. "If you could do it, then do it. I probably will royally screw everything up when I see him again." He looked outside again and moved towards the living room. "I'm leaving. Clean up and then go find your own trainee. Talk to me only if it's necessary." He closed the front door, leaving Sarah alone.

She stared at the door, dazed. Ave had to be pretty pissed to mention something like that. Sure, coming down to Earth was stressful. He probably wasn't ready for it. He had so many problems already, and being on Earth wasn't helping any of those. Sarah scowled when she remembered yesterday. She needed to talk to Nylia, and to Nylia's trainee. But first she had to figure out if she would actually erase Hal's memory.

(Would it be okay if Sarah actually erased Hal's memory of yesterday? It would make the roleplay more interesting :> And it would just be of yesterday and this morning. Ave would have to explain everything again hmm. It's totally cool if you don't want me to do that though~)

Edited by littlelizzie

((That is an amazing idea, just whenever you erase it, can you make sure to specify?))

Pulling out his sketchbook Hal began doodling, not having the will to get anything done today.

As he let his hands run away from him Ana slowly began talking to him again until she was back to her almost non stop chatter, "And then yesterday, he threw up again! I told my mom that it was probably best that I didn't go to school either but she said that I wasn't sick so how could I get other children sick? So I copied a page out of your book and went on and on about how some people are carriers for some sicknesses and some people aren't and I could still get people sick and she ignored me! She said that I was making stuff up because I didn't want to have to present that project in English and, while thats true, I thought she would have . . ."

As Ana talked about this and that Hal oohed and ahhed and yesed and noed at appropriate times. One of the things he loved about Ana was when he needed to think, which was a lot, she was exceedingly good at carrying on a conversation with very little input from him. So when she stopped talking Hal's head whipped up almost immediately, his face screwed up in question.

Ana was looking at his doodle page.

His doodle page was almost full now.

Full of doodles as doodle pages usually are.

But unusual doodles.

These doodles were of angels.

More of one certain angel.

One very pretty angel who was now drawn all over his page.

"So is that him?" Ana asked, senseing that her victory dance was only moments away.

Studying all the different angels of Avery body and face that he had drawn so easily Hal sighed in defeat, "Maybe."

Grinning Ana threw her hands in the air and waved to absolutely no one before returning to Hal where he had dropped his forehead to the table, glancing up at Ana with a slight scowl.

"Oh come on, how long did you think you were going to last Mr.I-think-I-can-hide-stuff-from-my-best-friend."

"At least a class period? Maybe?" Hal said, lifting his head and grinning slightly now.

"Right so what's his name?"

"Avery but he-"

"Oooooohh, I like the name Avery!"

Scowling at Ana once again for interrupting Hal continued after a pause, "But he likes being called Ave."

"Hmmmmm, Do you call him Ave?" Ana asked, already knowing the answer.

"No."

"Course not. So where'd you meet him?"

"Uhhhhh, in Mike's, you know, the clothes store."

"Mikes?"

"Yeah and then, Uh, I was walking home and a, Uh, dog attacked me and he saw and came and pulled the dog off and scared it away but it scratched his arm pretty bad so I took him back to my place and we, Ummmm, we may have cuddled for a little bit."

"You did what?!"

"I cuddled." Hal said, a bit defensively now.

"You."

"Me."

Cuddled with someone you had just met."

"Yeah?"

"Wow."

"Yeah."

"I'm telling Bill!" Ana shouted just as the bell rang, rushing to find the shorter boy and spill all of Hal's secrets, cause that's what kind of a friend she was.

"Hey!" Hal shouted in protest, racing after Ana down the hall, despite the fact that his second period Newspaper was right next to the Art room.

((OMG what is it with walls of text and me recently?

And OMG If Sarah erases his memory and then Ana questions him about Avery . . . I already feel bad for Hal.

Also OMG double OMG! Or that triple OMG? Or like sixduple OMG now? IDK I'm just sort of going on and on now.))

Edited by Raven301

((Oh my god Clara, that wall of text is amazing. I have to make a better one now!! And pfff you're so hyper noowwww. And yes, I think Sarah will erase Hal's memory either in this post or next post~))

Ave glared at the grass. He had found a roof a good distance away from Hal's house and was now sulking. Sarah could be so annoying sometimes. Why did she have to go and tell Hal why he was on Earth? Sure, he didn't know exactly what she told him but he didn't care. He just wanted to go away. Just to leave everything behind him. He remembered Hal asking if he could die again and bit his lip, feeling his eyes water. He buried his head in his knees and breathed out heavily.

Why do I always do this to myself? I need to stop. I have something to do now. I need to go visit him. Now. Get up now and go find his grave. He knew where he was buried. He could just ask someone how to get there.

Ave took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. He stared at his hand and felt it get hot, but he shook it away and looked ahead. Okay, Avery. You can do this. You don't know what you'll do about Hal, but you can do this. You can go visit him. You can pay you're respects, at least. He stood and looked towards the sky. He stared at a cloud and then looked down from the roof, spotting someone who looked like a college kid.

He jumped from the roof and landed in the front yard of the house he had been on, then turned visible and walked to the sidewalk. He quickly made his way over to the college-looking person and coughed quietly.

"Uh, excuse me. Could you point me in the direction of the Hillview Cemetery?"

The college kid looked at Ave and smiled. "You just continue walking ahead on this road and you'll find it on the right."

"Oh, really?" Ave asked, moderately surprised. "Well, thanks." He turned away from the college kid and walked away from him, not bothering to look anywhere else.

Once he had found the cemetery, he paused in front of it. He looked at the headstones and sighed. "I'll get you back, Edwin."

~~~

Sarah had finished her meal and had finally found Hal's school. She stayed invisible the entire time she was outside of the school, and when someone opened a door to go outside she quickly went in. She froze when she looked around, gaping.

It's been forever since I've been in a school. Well, about sixteen years but that's not important. She walked through the halls, dodging the students, all while looking for Hal.

"What the censorkip.gif are you doing, nerd?"

She paused as she heard someone yell and looked across the hall.

"I'm so sorry, I was just- I'm in your way-"

"Yeah, you are. What do you plan to do now?"

She frowned when two other boys surrounded the already cornered one and moved closer to the bullies.

"I-I'll leave, if you'll let me."

"No, I don't think we will."

"Tell me, what are the odds to you getting out of this unharmed?"

"Calculate that, freak."

Sarah watched intently as the three bullies started pushing the boy around and looked for anyone. No one was going to stand up for him?

She walked over to the biggest bully out of the group and punched the back of his head, turning visible as he turned to glare at her. "You need to back off right now." She hissed, glaring at the other two.

"What the hell? Who the censorkip.gif are you?"

"That doesn't matter at all. Go away, now. Leave him alone." She said, her eyes never softening.

"Wow, you have to have a girl defend you?"

"No, he has to have a girl kick your guys' ass. Leave him alone, or you will soon be bleeding."

"Whoa, threatening. I could call the principal on you, girl."

"Go ahead. I'll be out of here before you know it." She said with a smile, looking at the tallest one out of the group. A gust of wind blew past his face and a long cut appeared on his cheek, quickly causing blood to drip down his face.

"Oh censorkip.gif! Dude, let's get out of here." Sarah watched as the three boys hurried away and she smirked. She looked back at the boy who had been bullied and smiled.

"Could you help me find someone?"

"H-H-How did you...? What did you...?"

"It's nothing special. I'm kinda magical. A fairy. Could you tell me where a brown haired boy named Hal is?"

"H-Hal? Hal... He's in art? Maybe?"

"Art... Okay. Could you tell me where that is?"

"I-I'll lead you there, if you want... But, but how did you?"

"I'm magical. Lead the way, sir." Sarah gestured in front of her and grinned.

The boy stared at her but quickly looked away, stumbling over his feet as he hurried down the hall.

Sarah followed after him, and when the two finally got to the art hallway the bell rang.

"Um, um. I have to go, miss... Fairy?"

"Sarah. I'm Sarah. Thanks for leading me here, kid."

"Oh, uh! I'm Randel."

"Cool. I would say I'll see you later, but I'm not entirely sure if I will." She looked around and then looked back at the boy, but frowned when she saw he was gone. "Gotta find Hal now, I guess." She whispered, stepping aside when a girl raced past her. She looked to the left and saw Hal, and she grabbed his arm and pulled him aside. "Not so fast, Hally Boy."

((And that is my wall. Not as spectacular as yours, but I think it works well enough :> And in the next post Sarah shall erase Hal's memory hmm))

Edited by littlelizzie

((*bounces up and down in place* I think hyper is an understatement))

As he rushed after Anastasia, Hal suddenly found himself pulled to a stop by a hand on his arm. As he spun to she who it was Hal jumped slightly as he realized it was Sarah, "Have you been stalking me?" Hal asked worriedly, if she had heard their conversation . . .

Shaking his head Hal freed his arm and with a glance longingly over his shoulder at Ana's blonde ponytail as it disappeared around the corner Hal pulled Sarah out of the middle of the hall.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, "Shouldn't you and Avery being doing angely stuff? Like with other angels? Or something?"

((Not a wall!))

((I like when your hyper ohmg XDD))

"Oh yes, Hally, I've been stalking you." Sarah grinned, getting pulled off to the side. "Don't worry, I didn't hear any of your conversation since you came to school. And I honestly haven't been stalking you."

As Hal mentioned Ave Sarah's grin disappeared. "Actually, I have to do something he asked me to do. You see, he's kind of pissed at me for telling you what I told you and I don't know exactly what he said yesterday but." She cut herself off and looked around. She looked back at Hal and sighed. "You have to forget everything that's happened since yesterday. I'm really sorry, but you're memory has to be wiped."

As she said this, Sarah grabbed Hal's hands and stared into his eyes. She sighed and mumbled something underneath her breath, mentioning yesterday and today.

She smiled at Hal when she finished and took a step away from him. "Tell me, do you know my name?"

((I'm way to upset about this stupid show to roleplay Ave. Next time I will. You can make up however Hal's memory gets erased, just like you did for when Sarah gave him the ability to communicate with the angels. (I'm so upset about this show ugh))

((Ok, sorry about that, I just gotted confuzzled!))

Staggering back slightly Hal scrunched his face up and blinked several times before his gaze flicked over the the girl in front of him.

"Ummmm, no?" Hal asked with a frown.

How did he- What was he- Why did-Glancing up at the clock Hal checked the time and frowned again. 9:33, Ok, and it must be, Friday? Yeah it was friday, he went home last night, had a doctor who marathon and went to bed early before getting up a little late this morning, getting to school and going through a long first period where Ana was, picking on him for something? Something. And now he was going to be late for second period if he kept staring at the clock instead of walking to class.

Spinning around Hal walked over to the newspaper classroom and walked inside, inhaling deeply as a warm gust of ink-and-paper-and-coffee smelling air hit him in the face.

"Good morning Ms. Weber." Hal said with a smile and a small wave towards the teacher as he moved past the threshold of the door.

"And you Mr.Nelson." Ms. Weber said with a nod of her head as she sipped her coffee, "Has your group finished my story yet?"

"Almost there!" Hal said as he weaved through the assortment of regular chairs, wheely chairs, stools, tables, computers, and stacks of various books and newspapers from around town.

Finally reaching his table in the back corner of the room, Hal collapsed with a sigh, rubbing his forehead, stupid headache.

"Not feeling so bright, boss?" Rory, that was Rory, whispering in his ear.

"Would you quit being a little butt?"

"Ooooooohh, Hal said the B word!"

"How was your day yesterday?" That was Kary.

"Fine!" Hal said a tad too fast, ". . . It think?"

"Ok, if you say so." Kary said, turning back around to talk to Alexis.

Glancing up at the clock again and then the door, Hal sighed when Anastasia slipped into the classroom with only five seconds to spare.

"I make good time." Ana said, grinning at Hal as she slipped down into her seat, "And," at this she whispered, "I'm not saying anything."

((Alright~ Accept my friend request on Skype ahaa))

Sarah sighed when Hal said he didn't recognize her and she turned invisible when he turned to go to his next class. She looked at the clock and then around the hall and frowned. "At least Ave can start new again." She whispered, pulling on her shirt.

She stared at the floor and then looked up when someone said something. She smiled and walked towards the end of the hall. "Gotta find an exit." She mumbled, wondering just how Ave was doing.

~~

Ave walked slowly along the tombstones, examining the names. He paused in front of a certain one and sighed. He knelt down in front of it and stared at the grass, then pulled some of it up and tossed it on the tombstone.

"Hey Edwin. Sorry for everything." He whispered, falling back to sit on the grass. He stared at the tombstone and sighed. "I promise, you'll come back. I'll even find someone who'll date you. Maybe Sarah would." He whispered, smiling sadly.

He then looked at his hands and frowned. "You didn't deserve to die." He mumbled, biting his lip.

(you should do a time skip thing because I don't know what to make them do |D)

((Skype Skype Skype Skype!))

*Magical time skip to the end of the day*

As he walked out the front of the school for once Hal was momentarily blinded by the sun before a cloud dashed across the sky, eating the sunlight.

With a small grin Hal suddenly realized he was now going to have to walk all the way around the building as he had parked on the other side.

It was going to be torture, walking through the beautiful, shaded gardens that surrounded the building.

With another smile Hal began the walk to his car.

As he reached the blaringly bright green vehicle Hal slid inside and quickly set up his bluetooth before pulling out of the parking lot and heading home.

Sarah had flown back to Hal's house and had made some cookies. She looked towards the door and then at the clock. "I wonder what time his school gets out." She whispered, moving towards the living room. "Hey Ave, you should come home now. You've been gone all day. I know I was a jerk this morning, but I'm sorry... Please come back to Hal's house." She called to Ave and smiled, concerned for what would happen when Hal came home.

He would probably freak out, she thought.

~~~

Ave sighed and looked around. He had decided, after he was done at the cemetery, to scope around town. He had now gotten a feel for where everything was, and whenever he and Hal went out he would know where everything was.

He heard Sarah call him back to Hal's house and sighed. He had to apologize to her instead. He knew she was right. He had messed up.

He flew to Hal's house and saw the driveway was empty. He then walked up to Hal's door and opened it quietly, peering into the house. "Sarah?"He called, looking around. He walked in and closed the door quietly, then the smell of cookies hit his nose and he moved towards the kitchen.

"Hey, uh, sorry about this morning. I've calmed down." He said, taking a cookie from the plate on the counter. He avoided eye contact with the blond and sighed. "Did you make these for Hal?"

"Not really. I made them as an apology."

"For what?"

(Hal should come home and interrupt the two's conversation~)

As he pulled into the driveway Hal turned his car off and, opening the door and walking up to the house, kept the song Beverly Hills alive by humming it quietly.

Unlocking the door and opening it the first thing Hal was hit with was the smell of cookies? He certainly did not remember making any cookies and besides this was fresh-cookie-that-I-want-to-stuff-in-my-face smell not, oh-hey-I-made-cookies-last-night-and-now-I'll-go-eat-one-even-if-I'm-not-craving-cookies-anymore.

Frowning and ceasing his humming Hal crept around the corner of the wall diving the living room from the dinning room and kitchen area.

There were people.

In his house.

Making cookies.

The one reason Hal didn't scream and run to call the police was that screaming and running would only alert them to the fact that he was there, he was curious as to why they were there, and dude, who broke into a house to bake cookies?

Ok so maybe it was more than one reason.

Listening in to the conversation Hal only caught the end of what they were saying,

"Did you make these for Hal?"

"Not really. I made them as an apology."

"For what?"

Hal choked, they knew his name. The freaky strangers in his house baking cookies knew his name.

As he went into freak-out mode Hal began chewing on his finger nails and nervously running his hands through his hair as he struggled to remain quiet enough to hear the rest of the conversation.