littlelizzie

Teamwork

Avery's voice snapping him out of his reverie, Hal turned back to him with a sheepish smile, "Sorry, I kinda get lost in the sky," Hal said glancing back up at it, "A lot."

Quickly turning around Hal grabbed Avery's arm and march the both of them over to the cafe,

"Table for two please." he said to the woman and the desk who smiled at the both of them,

"Comin' right up boys." she said turning around, her skirt bouncing up with a whischp

"You are so hungry." Hal said as he followed the waitress, glancing over his should to make sure Avery was following.

Ave was dragged along after Hal, dazed the whole time he was talking. Where am I? What day is it? Am I in America? He looked at Hal with a start when he let go of his arm and stared at him. Why did you do that? You were my guide. Why did you do that? I'm scared. He looked towards the floor.

"Uh, uh." He jumped when someone walked past him and he stumbled into a chair. "Uh, um..." He stared at the table and frowned, thinking. "I'm not hungry." He mumbled. "Wait, wait." He shook his head and looked at Hal. "Huh, ah. So, what? You like, don't hate me or something?"

Glancing at the waitress, who was waiting near a table, Hal nodded towards her and then tilted his head towards the restroom.

He got where the table was but they were going to the restroom first.

Grabbing Avery's hand again Hal dragged him into the mens room before turning on him.

"Avery, listen to me right now because I'm not going to say it again. You. Are. Not. A. Bad. Person. I'd even go as far as to say you're a good person, you have no reason to hate you, I have no reason to hate you. So. Stop. Blaming. Yourself. Stop stop stop. If you're not perfect, you're not perfect. I'm not perfect, Sarah's not perfect, that girl Eve is not perfect. But you know what you ARE? You are you. You are Avery and you should be proud of it, you are your own person with your own thoughts and memories and emotions, and don't your dare let anyone tell you otherwise. You are you and you be proud of it."

Through his rant Hal had been getting louder and louder until the last bit, where he deflated and repeated himself, "You be you."

Ave stared at Hal when he started ranting. As he progressively got louder Ave begin to tear up, but he looked towards the ground. Hal finished his rant and Ave wiped his eyes. "I'm me, huh..." He whispered, looking towards the mirror. "But you know, I hate me." He said, looking back at Hal.

He smiled sadly and looked at his hands. "I'm an idiot angel who can't do anything good. I'm..." He covered his eyes and sighed. "I'm gay and stupid, and I hurt myself way to often. I'm pathetic and I cry to much. I don't know anything because I never payed attention in school. I was bullied. My best friend got beaten to death because he stood up for me only two days after my funeral. I don't even know how to control my powers. I got cursed with them because I killed myself. My personality is complete crap. I'm mean and sarcastic. I hate myself." He took a deep breath and looked at Hal through his fingers. "I'm completely useless as anything other then a punching bag." He whispered, looking back at the floor. "If I be me then I'll just end up hating myself even more. You'll end up hating me. I promise you that." He turned away from Hal and pressed against his eyes. "I'm just dumb. And now you know way to much about me. It's the first day we met, and you know..." He sighed and shook his head. "I'm so stupid. I'll just quit. I don't need a second chance at anything."

Edited by littlelizzie

"Don't you dare." Hal growled before resorting to the angel mind thingy, only strong emotions and pointed thoughts could go through there, and Hal had never felt so strongly about something in his life.

"I'm Bi and I act like a prick and love showing off but I also have self confidence issues. I freak out at the tiniest things and I've got an OCD problem. You know my mom used to go out and drink, every night, and she'd come back home and stagger around and break things, and I'd hide in my room because I knew if she found me she'd yell at me and blame me for her ****ty life and then she'd expect me to clean up her mess and put her to bed.

And in the mornings I could tell, she hated herself. But eventually she forgave herself enough to move on, she got better, she worked her way out of debt by working nonstop, she remarried, I've got a younger half-sister now. And she doesn't just survive anymore, she lives.

You, my fine-feathered friend, need to forgive yourself. What ever you've done, whatever people have done to you. Live and let live and STOP hating yourself. It makes me hate myself because someone like you can hate themselves."

"And don't you dare quit, I'm just getting to know you."

With that Hal brushed past Avery and push the door open, going to sit at their table where two glasses of water and a sense of normalcy awaited him.

((I hate this. Raven has hit a block and doesn't like what she just wrote but is going to post in anyway to try and unblock herself.))

((Dude, what you wrote is really good. Like, not kidding.))

Ave listened quietly as Hal went on about his life. He then got walked past and he stared at the floor. That... That's horrible. He thought, leaning against a wall. At least you're mom fixed herself. My mom couldn't stand me. She wanted to kill me. He leaned against a wall and turned invisible.

"Hal..." He started, hoping his companion would hear him. "I'm sorry. I don't think I'll ever be able to not hate myself though. I've always... Always been this way." He paused and wondered if he was listening. "I'm such a horrible person. I'm so selfish. Maybe I'll just go somewhere else." He looked up as someone came into the restroom. "But then that would make me even more selfish, right?"

He scoffed and stared at the ground. "I don't know what to say. We don't have the same story at all. We're so completely different it's baffling. You're smart and I'm not. You're bisexual and I'm not. You're mom didn't kick you out. You're dad didn't abuse you. You didn't get bullied at school. You didn't fall so hopelessly in love with someone even when you knew they would never return you're feelings." He swallowed the lump in his throat and took a deep breath. "You didn't kill yourself. I don't even know why I'm here. I'm so silly." He stared at the floor. "If you still want me to eat then I will. I don't need to eat though. I'm dead already."

He knew he was being selfish and mean. He was so tired of everything though. He felt the exact same way he had on the faithful night he ended all his suffering.

Edited by littlelizzie

((Raven is going to Schlitterbahn tomorrow and is soooooo excited! (Schlitterbahn is a water park)))

As Avery's voice started back up in his head Hal's breath that he didn't know he had been holding came out in a big whoosh.

"Avery." he said back quietly, hoping the angel would get all the emotion in the tiny little word, he was frustrated, frustrated at Avery and frustrated at himself and frustrated at whoever made Avery think this was, he was frustrated at the universe. And he was sad, sad that Avery thought the way he did and sad that he still didn't really know Avery all that well, and sad that he might not ever know Avery all that well. He was also mad, mostly at himself, he never was a speaker, he couldn't say amazing things that changed peoples lives, he couldn't help Avery. He wasn't mad at Ave though, no, not Avery.

Slowly getting to his feet Hal projected an image of home at Avery before slowly getting up at walking out of the store in a daze.

((I was thinking maybe the demon could attack Hal right now? And Avery could get wounded and Hal would take care of him and freak out on him and then they would snuggle. I was also thinking maybe like if someone dies and they've never been in a serious romantic relationship then when they become an angel they get a perfect other half? I guess? I'm just trying to think of a reason Hal would have a romantic relationship without knowing the person for at least a few months. Other idea maybe someone casts some sort of love thingy? Like a cupid? Maybe? Or they could just both be people who like fast relationships.))

((I think Hal should get attacked and then Ave will have to protect him. I don't have any problem with the fast relationship thing, especially since they both seem like they care about each other, but Ave will keep trying to deny anything because he's afraid. Of a lot of things. Mostly the fact that Hal is a human, and Ave is an angel. And that he's never ever been in a mutual relationship ever in his life ever. But yeah, Hal can get attacked and then Ave can get injured. But tomorrow they all have to meet up at the park yes. And tomorrow Ave is going to visit his friends grave and be all secretive about it because Hal will be in school and yeah. And oooh waterparks fun!))

Ave froze when Hal said his name and he turned bright red. "Idiot." He whispered, covering his face with his hands despite the fact he was invisible. An image of Hal's house flashed in his head and he pressed his lips together. Go back to his house? Was that what that meant? Still invisible, he walked out of the bathroom and looked around the cafe. He didn't see Hal and frowned.

"He must have left...?" He asked, examining everyone's faces. He bit his lip and looked towards a clock. Did Hal have any homework to do? A random thought, but it seemed like the most normal thing Ave could think Hal would do. He might have gone back and watched Doctor Who. He gave a taut smile and sighed. Maybe he gave up and left.

((Also, are the demons intelligent like the angels? Or are they more like rabid beasts?))

((Some are intelligent and some are raging beasts. If the demon is intelligent, then you have to be careful of attacks from behind and of it fading in and out of the darkness. They're like predators if they're smart~))

((Ok!))

Walking back towards his house, Hal was paying no attention to his surroundings. So when a man in a dark leather jacket suddenly appeared behind him, he didn't notice.

When the man grinned at the teenager walking through a relatively secluded area of the neighborhood, he didn't notice.

However when the man grabbed him arm, he did notice. He noticed big time.

Letting out a yelp Hal quickly took in threat and the prickling at the back of his neck told him not to ask questions.

So he punched. And almost broke his fist on the man's face.

Swearing Hal tried to pull his arm out of the man's hands but he was stuck in a grip like a vice.

Glancing up at the mans face now that it was evident he wasn't getting away Hal gasped and nearly choked on t=his own spit.

The mans eyes.

They were black, all the way through. No pupil, no iris, just black black black.

As the man yanked him off his feet Hal screamed out in his head for one person,

"Avery!"

Ave had situated himself on a random roof and was watching the few people on the sidewalk walk around. He sighed. It must be nice to lead a normal, human life. They didn't have to worry about powers or about trying to come back to life. Ave furrowed his eyebrows and looked towards the stars. "Do I really want to get a second chance though?" He whispered, jumping when Hal's voice echoed in his head.

"Avery!"

He stood quickly and looked around. Hal sounded like he was in trouble. He hesitated before he lifted from the roof though. What if Hal was mad at him? What if it was just a trick? He closed his eyes and looked at what Hal was seeing, then gasped and jumped from the roof when he saw pitch black eyes.

Why is a demon attacking!? They aren't supposed to be here now! How... How did it even know who Hal was? He flapped his wings quickly and focused in on Hal. He flew above all of the houses and buildings and scanned the area, then dove towards a dark man and Hal.

He threw a bolt of fire at the demon and landed beside Hal in a flash. He moved in front of Hal and glared at the demon. "What the hell are you doing here?" He hissed, ducking from the dark energy the demon slashed at Ave with. "God..." He looked back at Hal and then smirked. He grabbed his wrist and ran away from the demon, whose eyes had started to glow red.

He pushed Hal to the ground and got close to his face, then smiled and snapped his fingers. "Stay here." He threw the fire his fingers had produced at the demon and moved closer to him, grabbing his neck.

The demon hissed something incomprehensible and grabbed at Ave's arm. "You... Fail..." He put his hand against Ave's head and Ave quickly moved away, but flinched when a pulse came from the demons hand. He grabbed his ear and glared at the demon, then his hand glowed and the demon started to panic.

"Go back to where you belong. Tell Satan he's not winning today." He squeezed the demons neck and the demons body caught fire, but it quickly disintegrated and Ave shook his hand. Black ashes drifted around the angel and he took a deep breath. He looked back at Hal and smiled, but gasped when the black ashes moved around his arm in a circle. They formed a sharp blade and spiraled down Ave's arm, and the angel held back a scream.

The ashes drifted into the earth and Ave held his now bloodied arm. He let a spew of curse words escape his mouth and knelt down on the ground, leaning over his arm. "He got my ear too..." He whispered, feeling his ear bleed. He grabbed it with his bloodied hand and swallowed a lump in his throat.

((How was your trip?? (Also, sorry for making it all in one post but I kinda wanted to make Ave awesome XD)))

Edited by littlelizzie

As Avery landed the demon let go of Hal's wrist and Hal gasped, still slightly in shock as he was pulled away from the man. If you could call it a man.

Nodding numbly at Avery Hal sat back and watched as Avery destroyed the demon.

As the body caught fire Hal snapped back into clarity in time to see Avery's smile, smile back, and then watch as the ash-blade slowly tore down Avery's arm.

"Avery!" Hal shouted, quickly getting to his feet only to fall again at Avery's, "Avery?" he asked cautiously, quickly noting the blood originating from both his ear and his arm.

Peeling Avery's hand away from his ear Hal lifted his shirt up over his head and ripped it into one strip of cloth. Wrapping the shirt around Avery's bloodied arm Hal bound the fabric as tight as he could before tying it.

"Avery? You are amazing but I swear to God if you die I'm gonna kill you."

Ave was contemplating how he would heal his wounds when Hal ran over to him. He stared at him, partially deaf in his right ear, and flushed when Hal tore his shirt off. "What are you doing?" He practically shouted, covering his mouth quickly. Hal wrapped his shirt around Ave's arm and Ave stared at him.

"If I die you won't be able to kill me though..." He muttered, looking away from Hal's face. "I'm not amazing. Any angel can take out a demon like that." He muttered, finally realizing what Hal said.

He stood and wiped at his ear. "I forgot what it felt like to bleed." He whispered, looking back at Hal. "What made you inclined to strip in front of me?" He narrowed his eyes and looked the human over. "Are you trying to seduce me?" He asked, slipping into his hidden personality. He scowled and looked at his arm, then looked back at Hal. He quickly frowned and looked away, blushing. "Sorry. That was my fault."

Blushing sightly himself Hal slapped Avery lightly on the back of the head when he said it was his fault, "Not your fault, Feather." He said with a small smile before pulling Avery to his feet.

"And no I am not stripping for your enjoyment, you just need to keep pressure on that so you don't lose too much blood and tying it up is the best way to do that.

As they got to their feet Hal watched Avery closely.

"Can you walk back to my place?" Hal asked worriedly, hovering over Avery's shoulder.

Ave grabbed the back of his head and pouted at Hal. "Slapping a bleeding angel gives you ten years of bad luck, you know." He lied, getting pulled to his feet. "And Feather?" He cocked an eyebrow at Hal and sighed. "I guess it's better then Avery..." He mumbled, looking at his arm.

"Applying pressure..." Ave looked at Hal. "Do you want to be a nurse? Or is that normal? I'm so bad at being human. I forgot basic things." He sighed and grabbed his ear again. He felt the wound had already stopped bleeding and he looked at Hal when he asked if he could walk.

He smirked and fell to the ground theatrically. "Oh my! My legs, they've collapsed! Help me, my fair Romeo." He said in a whisper, placing his hand against his forehead. He was being sarcastic. He had to stop soon, or he would lose his mind.

((I edited the first post and added info about the demons!! The two boys just fought a Tracker~))

Edited by littlelizzie

"Hmmmmmm . . . no, not a nurse and it's really not normal either. I'm just weird and nerdy and now stuff like that." Hal said with a small smile.

As Avery theatrically collapsed in front of him Hal grinned again and played along.

"Of course my fair maiden! I shall save you from your perils!"

As he said this Hal bent down and snaked an arm around Avery's shoulders, "We shall march onward until we reach the safety of my castle!"

Smiling again Hal stuck his tongue out and grinned at Avery.

"I like this Avery much better."

When Hal wrapped his arm around Ave's shoulders he flushed and covered his face with his hands. "Ahh." He squeaked. He looked at Hal when he mentioned a castle and he smiled, holding back a laugh.

"A castle? Ooh, I've always wanted a castle. Does it have a dragon? I shall fight the dragon and be a noble knight!" He threw a fist in the air and accidentally smacked Hal's nose. He stared and then burst out laughing, but quickly covered his mouth and looked away.

"I'm so sorry." He said, trying to not smile. "I'm totally delusional. This is the Ave that comes when I get owwed. Seeee?" He smiled and looked towards the sky. "This Ave... Scares me..." He furrowed his eyebrows and looked back at Hal. Why is it you call me Avery? You do know I hate my name, right? He thought, deciding to not ask what he wanted to know aloud.

Ave then gasped and looked around. "Oh my God. Did that demon do any chants? Wait, wait." He paused and stared intently at the ground. "My arm hurts. Ahh." He laughed again and looked towards the sky. "It's been so long since I came down. I'm so tired and crazy and delusional and crazy-- Wait I said that twice." He looked at Hal. "Take me to my castle, Prince."

((Ave has lost his mind. Officially. He's so tired from the day and he just needs sleep, then he'll be back to normal XD Because this crazy crazy kid isn't normal him at all pfff))

Edited by littlelizzie

Blinking once after Avery's torrent Hal frowned slightly, now worried, and rubbed his nose before beginning the short walk down the block to his house.

"I won't disagree with the crazy, or the tired." Hal said, taking note of the bags under Avery's eyes, "You need to eat and sleep and then take a shower."

On that note the pair reached the house and Hal quickly unlocked the door, helping Avery into the house before following and closing the door behind him.

Helping Avery to the couch Hal motioned for Avery to stay there before turning and making his way to the downstairs bathroom.

As he reached the room Hal dug through the drawer of first aid-yness and grabbed supplies to properly wrap up and clean Avery's cut before heading back into living room.

Ave gasped when Hal mentioned a shower. "Oh no. Water. Water evil. Water bad. Water is Satan in disguise." He said, looking around Hal's house as he walked in. "There was a story once I read about a father and a shoe." Ave rubbed his eye and Hal led him over to the couch. "Sixteen he had like kids or something. Oh wait, I wonder how Mom is." He muttered, looking at Hal when he motioned to stay.

"I will be a good dog and obey." He saluted as Hal went downstairs. Ave looked around again and then looked at his hands. "I wonder how everyone is. Maybe I could visit them..." He trailed off and sighed, then covered his face with his hands and groaned. "Stupid Avery. You can't do that." He slowly dragged his hands down his face and stared at the wall.

"I'll never be able to see them again. I should have apologized. Maybe I can go to sleep and this will all be over." He fell onto his side and sighed again.

Edited by littlelizzie

"Ok, water is evil, I'll take note." Hal said with a small smile, "But you need to figure out a way to wash all the dirt and blood off then."

As Avery continued to ramble Hal half listened as he gathered supplies before walking back up the steps and into the living room where Avery was now laying on his side.

"Hey, Ave? Can you sit up?" Hal asked, tugging on his uninjured arm, "I need to fix up your wound."

Ave stared at Hal and slowly sat up when he tugged on his arm. He stared at the carpeting and then took Hal's free hand in his own, intertwining the two's fingers. He smiled and poked Hal's stomach. "You called me Ave." He whispered with a smile, looking up at Hal.

He held his bloodied arm up to Hal and stared at it. "That would be a cool scar." He said quietly. He looked at Hal again and then pulled him down to the couch to sit next to him. "Standing is boring. Couches are much more comfy." He smiled and leaned towards Hal. "I wish I could have a romantic partner." He whispered, not realizing he was talking to Hal.

(Time for snuggles?)

Edited by littlelizzie

((Yay!))

As Avery intertwined their fingers Hal blushed, his face only getting redder when Avery poked him.

"Yeah, I called you Ave."

As he was then pulled down to the couch, Hal completely forgot about wounds and blood, but became very hyper-aware of the fact that he didn't have a shirt on and he had a very pretty angel leaning on his shoulder.

"Y-yeah?" Hal stuttered as Avery said he wanted a romantic partner.

'I guess a romantic partner wouldn't be terrible for me either.' A voice said in Hal's head.

Sitting there Hal's tensed up shoulders slowly relaxed as he felt less and less awkward until he was hesitantly leaning back against Avery's shoulder.

((ohmygod Ave's a pretty angel if Hal said that he would die))

"I like being called Ave. When I was alive people always made fun of my name and called me Gayvery. It sucked." He said quietly, staring at the wall.

Hal leaned against his shoulder and he looked at the brown haired human. He then realized he was shirtless and he blushed, quickly looking away. "What's your name short for? Is it short for anything?" He looked at his arm and then back towards Hal.

"Weren't you going to nurse me back to health? Nurse Hal or something?" He asked quietly, feeling Hal's hand in his own. He stared at his hand and then sighed.

((Hopefully he won't slip up and say it out loud. tongue.gif

and oh my word what is it with mosquitos and my room?))

"Ave." Hal breathed out sadly, running an arm behind Avery's shoulders.

"And no my name's not short for anything, it's just Hal. Half the kids at school thought it was the coolest thing ever and despised me for being so lucky as to get a cool name and the other half thought it was lame and bullied me for it." Hal muttered quietly.

As Avery brought his arm back into Hal's little world Hal quickly grabbed the supplies he had gotten and set about treating the cut.