littlelizzie

Teamwork

((He definitely should~

Kill the bug with Ave's fire now do it now))

Ave shivered when Hal ran his hand over his shoulder and looked at him. "My life sucked." He muttered, watching as Hal got the supplies. He ruined the moment. Oops.

"So you get bullied at school? Maybe I'll just have to become a guardian angel for you." He smiled a small smile and held his arm out to Hal. "Sorry for spoiling the moment, love." He whispered, grinning at Hal.

((Ready

Aim

Fire!

Got it! And OMG Fire! like fire!

I'm being an idiot but I didn't mean to do the awesome pun-y thing I just did so yeah, I'm amazing.))

As his face flushed Hal looked down at his feet as Avery called him love.

'love'

"Mmmmmmm, my guardian. Sounds nice." Hal said quietly as he unwrapped, quickly washed, examined, and then rewrapped Avery's wound.

"All better." he said before placing a light kiss over the worst part of the cut and then plopping down next to Avery again and once again leaning against his shoulder.

Edited by Raven301

((Pfff oh my god XDD You are amazing yess))

Ave noticed Hal blush and he smiled and looked towards the ceiling. "I don't know why I said that. Sorry it's embarrassing." He said, watching Hal fix his wound.

"I shall be your guardian angel, even if saving you sends me to heaven~" He whispered, quoting a

. He watched Hal and looked at him when he sat down next to him again.

"Hey..." He kissed Hal's hair. "Are we flirting?" He asked with a smile, knowing he was doing something that he wasn't supposed to do. He would be in so much trouble if all the other angels were awake.

Edited by littlelizzie

"Umm . . . Yeah I guess we are, Feather." Hal said, lightly tugging on a lock of Avery's hair, "Never really flirted with anyone." he muttered, blushing again.

Kissing Avery's ear, Hal slid he arm over the angels shoulders again, settling down deeper into the couch,

"Is heaven anything like this?"

((Finally out of school!))

((Eee, summer! ^^))

Ave blushed as Hal called him Feather and he looked at the brunette when he pulled a lock of his hair. "Flirting with people is weird. You do stuff like "Eyy you from Tennessee? Cause you the only ten I see yoo" or something like "Did it hurt? Huh? Falling from heaven?" Gahh I'm glad no one ever said that to me. Wait, no one would hmm." Ave rambled and looked at Hal's ceiling again. He quickly blushed but hid it when Hal kissed his ear and stared at the ceiling. "I love bad puns. I think. Maybe."

He looked at Hal when he asked what heaven was like and he scoffed quietly, looking to the side. "Heaven is... Complicated. It isn't the white fluffy place everyone makes it out to be. If you get lucky then you get a nice place to rest, which would be like your fantasy. If you're like me then you get recruited and trained and then cursed and..." He trailed off and stared at his arm.

"I would be in so much trouble if anyone saw me. Wait, wait. Didn't you say you have a sister?" He asked, remembering the demon he had fought. Hal hadn't answered if he had done any chants. They couldn't fight an Orion now. It would kill Ave.

(ah yes, the longer posts as I like//laffs)

Edited by littlelizzie

((I agree whole heartedly!))

"You think, maybe?" Hal teased Avery lightly, laughing and moving up to kiss his hair in much the same manner that Avery had kissed his.

"Hmmmmm . . . I think my paradise might be something like this." Hal said quietly, inhaling Avery's scent, "You smell good."

Sitting there for a moment Hal breathed Avery in he was wood smoke and warm summer nights and a tiny bit of pine and chocolate. Hal was weird, he mixed his senses up sometimes, completely unintentionally, Avery also smelled how birds sounded and how he thought soaring through the clouds would feel. And he smelt like happiness and home.

"Mmmmmm . . . yeah I have a sister, Kate, but she's not home thank the lord. She's 10 and never shuts up. Currently she's have a weekend long sleepover at her friends house."

Ave sighed as Hal said paradise. "Don't make me out to be your paradise. I'm not paradise. I'm kinda like a hospital for crazy people." Ave said, looking at Hal. He smelled him and Ave blushed. "I probably smell like fire, or burnt..." He trailed off and stared at the carpet again.

"What's your sister like?" He asked quietly. "And also, where are we? Like, in America or in the Netherlands or something? Am I speaking a different language?" He asked, looking back at Hal. "Did the demon do any chants? Did it summon something?"

((So is tomorrow, in the roleplay, Friday?))

Edited by littlelizzie

((Yeah))

"You smell like woodsmoke and S'mores. Like warm summer nights and birds chirping in a pine forest. You smell like happiness and home and paradise. So shut up and deal with it."

Smiling into Avery's hair Hal answered the stream of questions, "My sister is brilliant but doesn't have common sense, she loves and cares about everything but can be bossy at times, she's constantly talking but when you want to know something important, man she knows how to keep her mouth shut. Kate loves origami and is amazing at finding things the rest of the family has lost but always seems to be misplacing my stuff. Kate is a big bundle of life and it's ups and downs, and she's always moving forward."

Smiling even bigger now Hal carded Avery's hair through his fingers, "We're in Austin, Texas, US of A. And no I didn't hear the demon chant anything. Is that important?"

((I'm planning ahead for the morning and I'm thinking Sarah should come over and talk with Ave about the snuggling and Ave will be up before Hal and he'll make pancakes or something and then Hal will wake up to hear Ave say something kinda mean and then Sarah will come to get him up or something pff))

But I'm not paradise or a s'more. Ave thought, deciding to not fight Hal about it. As Hal went on about his sister Ave frowned. I'll never know what it's like to have a sibling. He sighed and touched Hal's hair. "It must be nice." He whispered.

"Texas?" Ave asked, thinking briefly. "Oh God. I never thought..." He trailed off and sighed. "The demon chanting thing is kind of really super important. What I took out was a Tracker. If they had taken you away you most likely would have been torn to pieces by an Orion." Ave rubbed his eye and looked towards Hal. "Don't you have school tomorrow, slacker?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeah, it is." Hal whispered, choosing to ignore the information on demons, he didn't want to think about them he wanted to think abut Avery.

"Yes, school tomorrow, but I like you much better." Hal said, his head sliding down onto Avery's shoulder as his eyes drooped against his will.

"And tomorrow's my elective day, all electives except for english. And english is dumb." Hal said drowsily as he leaned against his angel.

((So will Ave say something mean to Hal?))

((Well, Ave will say something along the lines of "I was delusional. It meant nothing. It'll never happen again." or something like that. It isn't to Hal at all~ He's just gonna be talking to Sarah and Hal should overhear him. And oh my god Hal Ave isn't your angel yet oh god XD))

Ave chose to not say anything as Hal's head hit his shoulder. He watched him and smiled sadly. "Go to bed, dummy." He whispered, touching Hal's hair.

He stared at the human and then sighed. He looked towards the ceiling and covered his eyes with his free hand. Demons are coming way to early. I have to report that into someone. And Texas, huh... Maybe I'll go visit him then. Hal won't need me during school. He closed his eyes and and took a deep breath. I'll just sleep. Tomorrow I'll be perfectly healed. And I'll totally regret what's happening right now. Completely delusional angels are the worst kind of angels. He yawned and rested his head against Hal's, quickly drifting off.

((Sounds good!))

"Mmmmm." Hal hummed slightly in agreement as Avery said to go to sleep.

'Sleep sounds nice.' he thought to himself as he slowly drifted off.

~

Running.

Constant running.

Through the dark.

Constant running.

From what?

Running from what?

Black and red.

Black body.

Perfect camouflage in the dark.

Red eyes.

Red eyes full of flame-y power.

Constant running.

Through the dark.

Constant running.

Running.

((Ahh Hals' dream sounds spooky))

Ave woke with a start when a bird chirped. He looked around cautiously and then looked at Hal. He stared at him and sighed. Right, right. Human. Trainee. Apocalypse. He looked around and then grabbed a pillow that was on the corner of the couch. He moved away from Hal slowly and placed the pillow where Ave's body had been, and he stood quietly. He looked back at Hal to see if he had woken the human up and sighed when he saw him still sleeping.

What do I do? He heard his stomach growl and he frowned. Didn't eat last night... Right. Okay, food. He walked over to the kitchen and looked around, then sighed.

"Sarah, please come help me. I don't know how to cook." He heard a quiet gust of wind behind him and he smiled at the blond.

"Ave, we need to talk." Sarah said quietly, hoping to not wake Hal. "Wait, you're cooking?" She shook her head as Ave opened a cabinet.

"Hal needs food. How do I make pancakes?" He looked at Sarah and saw she looked serious. "Sarah, I know what happened yesterday. But just help me--"

"Ave." Sarah cut him off and Ave sighed. "You don't understand how serious it is. You can't do that. Ever. It's illegal. You'll get taken away."

"I know, Sarah." Ave frowned and looked at Sarah. "I was delusional. I got in a fight with a demon yesterday and got wounded quite badly. Hal was fixing up my wound and I dunno, I wanted to feel human contact." He frowned and looked at the contents of the cupboard.

"You have to promise me you won't fall in love with him. If you do, you'll never get a second chance."

"What?" Ave looked back at Sarah and scowled. "Why the hell do you think I'd fall in love with him? It was just a few snuggles. I just met the kid. I'm not going to fall in love with him." Ave bit his lip and looked away from his friend. "I thought you trusted me."

"I do, Ave. But I don't want you getting in trouble..." Sarah trailed off and sighed. "Just promise me."

"I promise. Nothing will ever happen. I'll never get close to him. He'll just be my trainee. I won't fall in love with him, ever." Ave said flatly, looking towards the living room. "Can you go get him up?"

((*is now on mobile* Ave is going to ask Sarah something ohoo))

Edited by littlelizzie

As he opened his eyes Hal slowly sat up, groaning quietly.

Why wasn't he in his bed, did he fall asleep watching something? Again?

As he heard voices from the kitchen Hal suddenly remembered yesterday and blushed.

'Hmmmm . . . now what?' he asked himself silently as his listened in on the angel's conversation.

"I promise. Nothing will ever happen. I'll never get close to him. He'll just be my trainee. I won't fall in love with him, ever."

That was Ave. Avery. Won't ever get close to him.

Choking Hal quickly got to his feet and padded over to the laundry room to grab a shirt before making his way to the door.

Swinging his backpack over his shoulder Hal quietly and carefully opened the door, slipped outside and the closed it behind him.

Now standing outside Hal set off at a jog, he didn't know where he was going. Just away from Avery, away from rejection.

Eventually Hal stopped, panting, at a park bench beside a large lake-like pond.

Away from Avery.

((Im packing for camping now so posts will be less consistent.))

Edited by Raven301

((Ahh, okay))

Sarah sighed and looked at Ave. "You know, I worry about you."

"I know. I'm sorry." Ave looked back towards the living room when he heard something and looked at Sarah. "Hey, wait." He dropped his tone to a whisper and moved closer to her. "Uh, I know you're going to be busy and stuff but could you kinda become my guardian angel?"

Sarah laughed quietly and smiled at Ave. "But you already are an angel. That'd be kind of silly, wouldn't it?"

"Well, yeah but... I'll probably mess up a lot with him. Please, just like, watch over me or something like you did in heaven."

Sarah thought for a moment and grinned. "I'll be an angels guardian angel. That's kinda funny. Sure, Ave. I'll watch over you." She winked and left the kitchen, looking around.

"Hal?" She looked into the living room and frowned. She scanned the area and then saw traces that someone moved. "Uh oh." She looked towards the kitchen. "Hey, Ave. I'm going to be going out for, like, five minutes so try to not burn his house down okay?" Sarah called to her friend, turning invisible.

Before Ave could respond Sarah was out the door and above the houses. "Hal... Where'd you go?" She whispered, looking around the area. She sighed when she saw him running towards a pond and flew over towards it, arriving right as he sat down on a bench. She walked over to him and poked his shoulder, turning visible.

"You do know that Ave is trying to cook something for you, right?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Good for him." Hal muttered miserably as Sarah appeared in front of him. This time when the angel appeared he didn't even flinch.

"Why are you here?" he asked slowly as he hugged his knees to his chest and buried his face in them, "I'm taking a walk and then I'll go to school and then I'll come home again and then we can do what ever it is you want for your stupid apocalypse." Hal muttered around the rough fabric of his jeans.

'That'll give me a day. A day to forget last night ever happened. I can do that.'

Sarah watched Hal and sighed, sitting down next to him. She stared at the pond and then opened her mouth, but closed it. She had to think of something smart to say.

"Alright, boy. You have to listen to me, and I know you really don't want to. I'm Sarah, the angel who can control wind. Ave, the angel who can control fire, is my friend. I have only five minutes to bring you back to your home, so listen good and don't ask questions." She moved forward on the bench and looked at Hal.

"Angels have very strict rules to follow. When we're in heaven they're a lot more lenient, but as soon as we set foot on Earth we get thousands of them. Amongst those thousands of rules, the very top, most important one is: Do not fall in love with a human." She paused and looked at the pond. "Whatever you heard Ave say, because I know you heard him say something, I'm sorry. He's most likely going to break his promise though. He can't help it. He's fallen in love once before, and it was never meant to be. Kind of like Romeo and Juliet. He died, then the other one died." She looked at her hands and sighed. "I'm not supposed to say anything to any humans about what we're fighting for, you know, besides saving the world, but I will tell you."

She looked at Hal. "We aren't just fighting for ourselves. We get a second chance at life if we prevent the apocalypse. We get to live again. We become human again. However, it's not just us that gets a second chance. All of us who are fighting right now, we've all had someone that's been lost. I really don't know how to explain it... But okay. When I died, someone else died because of my death. I lost my little brother. When Ave died, he lost his best friend. His best friend died because he tried to defend Ave. When Nylia, the angel that you all hate, died, she lost her parents. We've all lost someone. All of us. They died because we died. If we didn't die, then everyone who we lost would be alive. They died an unjust, early death, just like Ave and I and Nylia, and without them knowing they will get a second chance. We're fighting for ourselves, yes, but we're also fighting for someone else." She took a deep breath and looked at the grass. "If Ave breaks the most important rule, then he'll be taken back up to heaven and he'll never get a second chance. He'll always be an angel. His friend won't get a second chance either." Sarah stood and looked at Hal. "You really need to understand what his position is right now. I know you're whole world has been flipped upside down, but Ave is trying his best to cope with everything that's happened. He lived such a horrible life..." She trailed off and looked to the side.

"Just come back to your house and eat his burned pancakes. If you tell him I told you anything, I will personally lift you into the air and drop you from a 100 story high building." She smiled a sweet smile and disappeared, still standing besides Hal.

((Wall of text sorryyyy))

Edited by littlelizzie

((Hay! [is for horses] I was back wednesday but I'm a lazy person and am just now getting around to this so yeah, but I should be back on now!))

As Sarah sat down next to him Hal shuffled over to give her more space, and himself more space.

When that female angel began her speech Hal scowled and didn't remove his face from his knees until she reached the part about someone being lost.

At this Hal looked up at Sarah with sad eyes, "Life." he said slowly, "Life is the stupidest concept I've heard of in a long time."

With that Hal stood up, slung his back pack over his shoulder and started trudging back to the house, drying hie face off with his hands.

"I'll go eat the burnt pancakes."

((Yay! Welcome back friend~~ <33 was camping fun?))

Sarah smiled as Hal stood and chuckled when he said he'd eat the burnt pancakes. She followed after him and grinned. "They might not actually be burnt, you know. Ave's just never cooked before. At least, not that I know of." She put her hands behind her back and looked towards the sky. She looked at Hal through the corner of her eye.

"So do you actually like him? Even though you don't know what he's realy like? What if he's the meanest, most hateful person ever? Or what if he's reaaalllyy shy and doesn't talk at all? Would you still like him?" She moved in front of Hal and stared at him. "I need to know how you'll be if he ever shows his true self. Or, maybe" she paused and looked around cautiously. "You were just in the mood for snuggles. Is that it?" She asked theatrically, turning away quickly. She stared at the grass and frowned. "You know, he's complicated. He doesn't want to mess up. Don't do anything that would have him mess up, kay?" She grinned and looked back at him. "I ramble a lot. Sometimes I don't make sense. Sorry." She winked and walked ahead.

(Sarah is confusing XD)

Edited by littlelizzie

((Camp was fun! Tiring, but fun. And I set up a LARPing group so that should be fun too!))

"He's never cooked?" Hal asked doubtedly before shrugging and jogging slightly to catch up, "What time period did he live in anyway? Like was it modern times? If I looked, could I find a record of his death? Or no?"

And yeah, I- Uh- I like him." Hal said, rubbing the back of hie neck, blushing. "He seems like one of those people that you look at and you think, How'd they end up like that? And you think about how terrible the world is, but then you see them laugh, or giggle, or smile, or show the slightest bit of kindness to another person and then, and then I'm reminded about why I don't go and jump in front of a train because no one would care, because my tiny corner of the universe would be torn apart but no one else would notice. If life was that bad for that person, yet they still have it in them to smile, how bad can my life really be? If someone can live through that and smile, and make jokes and stress over a fox sweater, how bad can my life really be?"

It makes me want to make him smile like that for the rest of his life, it's a smile that inspires, a smile that keeps the universe moving, or at least my tiny corner of it."

As he finished, Hal realized that they had been standing outside his door for a good thirty seconds while he ranted. As he blushed again he push the door open, mumbling a quiet, "Sorry." to Sarah.

((ooh! LARPing!! I've always wanted to do that! Tell me how it goes! <3))

"Time period?" Sarah asked Hal, looking back at him. She smiled and looked ahead. "He died only two months ago. You'd have to go out of state to find his death record." She was going to ask why he wanted to know but stopped herself before she spoke again.

As Hal began his spiel on Ave she listened quietly. Hal was right. Ave was kind of amazing. He had had such a hard life, yet he could still joke. Sarah knew that Ave was faking almost everything he did though, from the laughs to the jokes to the smiles. When Hal finished Sarah smiled sadly and walked by him. "Make him smile a real smile, an honest smile that isn't fake. All of his smiles are fake." She paused and looked at Hal. "If you saw his real one, would you still feel that way?" She looked away from Hal. She frowned as if thinking about something but quickly smiled and moved towards Hal's kitchen.

"You were longer then five minutes, Sarah!" Ave stuck his head out of the kitchen entry and looked at Hal. "What, did you guys go chase geese or something? The food is cooking, no thanks to Sarah's help." He scowled at the blond and she grinned.