littlelizzie

Teamwork

Sarah heard the door close and looked at Ave. "For this." She walked along the wall and turned the corner, smiling at Hal. "Hey there, Hally Boy." She grinned, ignoring the pit of guilt in her stomach.

Ave followed Sarah, confused, and then saw Hal. He glanced at Sarah then at Hal. "Hey. What took you so long to come home?" He asked, noticing Hal was biting his nails. "You know, chewing your nails isn't very healthy." He turned back towards the kitchen, completely oblivious as to what was going on.

What?!

One word, just What?!

"What?" Hal asked, crab walking away from the two quickly before running into the love seat at the other end of the living room. Not taking his eyes off the strangers Hal slowly got to his feet, "Who are you? How did you get into my house?!" As he said this Hal's voice went up two octaves and he glared at the strangers.

"And why-" Hal hesitated, "Why are you baking cookies?"

"Oh boy, Hally Boy. Listen, this will sound crazy--"

"Nice try, Hal. Sarah made some cookies as an apology for something?" Ave looked at Sarah and cocked an eyebrow, then looked at Hal again. "Anyways, how was your school?"

"Ave, you actually need to listen to me..." Sarah trailed off and looked at Hal again. She smiled at him. "Hal, we're uh... Um, we were told to watch you by your mom. There's a key-- She left us a key to get into your house. The cookies are just, uh, to introduce us? Yeah, yeah. Go have some cookies and I'll explain to good 'ole Ponty over here about what it is we're doing again, okay?" Sarah grabbed Ave's hand and pulled him away from the kitchen. She pushed Hal towards the kitchen with her other hand and then pulled Ave up the stairs.

"Ave, please don't hate me but--"

"What are you talking about? Sarah, what did you do? Isn't he just joking?"

"No, he isn't. He doesn't know us."

"What?" Ave stared at her. No. No that couldn't be true. He couldn't just forget them unless... "Sarah, you... Did you erase his memory?" If she had actually listened to him Ave would die. Again. Twice over. It would be a double death. One death wasn't enough.

"You told me too..." Sarah trailed off and squeezed Ave's hand. She looked down the stairs then back at Ave. She frowned when she saw his face and looked away. "You said it would be good. This way you guys can get a new start and you can pretend like nothing ever happened. I'll explain what's going on and everything, so just... Please don't be mad."

Ave stared at her. Why would she do that? Why would she do that without his knowledge? He pulled his hand away from her and frowned. "Why didn't you tell me you were going to do it?" He asked quietly, staring at the ground.

Sarah watched Ave and bit her lip. "You would have told me not to..." She whispered. "Please, Ave, don't be angry. I'll explain everything and it'll be okay."

"No... No, Sarah. It won't. I won't forget what happened. I'll still remember everything. I'll still have these stupid feelings and they'll only grow more. I can't believe you did that to him and he doesn't even know who we are anymore. I can't believe you did this to me." At this, Ave brushed past Sarah and walked down the stairs. He took a deep breath and turned towards the living room. He felt his hands heat up and he squeezed his hands into fists, then sighed. He looked at the kitchen and ran his hands through his hair, then he put on a fake smile and walked into the kitchen.

Sarah stood stock still on the stairs. She took a deep, shaky breath and let it out slowly. So Ave was mad at her. He would eventually get over it... Right? She stared at the stairs and then shook her head, turning to head back down the stairs.

As he was pushed towards the kitchen Hal just stood and stared meaninglessly at the chocolate chip cookies sitting on the counter, not believing for one second that his mom was behind this, she would tell him if she hired some sort of strange nannies that were his age.

So who were they? The boy certainly seemed to think he knew him but Hal most certainly did not.

And that girl. He had seen her earlier, she was the stranger who had asked him who she was. And now she was in his house. This was too weird.

Taking advantage of the people's, he assumed their names were Sarah and Ave, absence Hal slipped out the back door and quickly scaled the stairs from the deck of his yard down to the lower, grassier, and bigger area. Coming to a halt at his pond Hal quickly sat down on the edge of the small body of water and began thinking again, lasting about 5 seconds before he fell completely backwards onto his back, facing the sky where clouds skipped, scuttled, and scurried across the sky.

Ave looked into the living room then into the kitchen when he didn't see Hal. He saw the backdoor was open and then sighed. He wasn't in the mood. He just wanted to have this apocalypse thing over and done with. He just wanted to come back and be a regular human again. He wanted Sarah to not be so much of an idiot sometimes. He wanted Hal to recognize him. He just wanted things to go back to normal.

He smirked and took another cookie, taking a small nibble off the side of it. What even was normal? Him being an angel? Or him being a human? He had been a human longer then he has been an angel, but he had failed (or was currently failing) both of them. He sighed heavily and looked towards the stairs. He was pissed at Sarah for what she did. But he had to worry about Hal now. He walked out the backdoor and looked around Hal's backyard. He sighed again when he saw him staring at the clouds and took the stairs down to the grassy area.

He walked over to Hal quietly and leaned over him, forcing a smile. "Hey. Sorry. I'm really sorry." He bit his lip and sat down next to Hal. He would have told him not to apologize, if he remembered him. He looked at the pond then at Hal. He frowned and poked Hal's cheek. "Your mom didn't tell us to watch you. It would be pretty weird for people that are your age to watch you, right? We just..." He trailed off and looked back at the pond. "Do you know anything about mythology?" He looked at Hal and grinned. "You know, I uh, I'm not a suspicious person or anything. Your door was open and my friend and I... I can't say anything that would make it not awkward or scary sounding. Just listen to my story?"

As Ave sat down next to him, Hal didn't stir.

When Ave began talking Hal listened, but he didn't reply.

Hal was not done thinking and, until he was, you simply we're not going to get through to him.

After a few minutes of whatever Ave was saying Hal glanced over at him, his eyes coming back into focus.

"I don't know why I'm not running." Hal whispered, "I'm not even remotely scared of you, I kinda trust you, and I can't figure out why."

Ave swallowed the lump in his throat and he rubbed his nose. "You would be good pickings for a pedophile then." He joked, not managing to crack a smile. He looked towards the sky and sighed.

"I'm an angel. You used to know me." He started, looking back at Hal. "The apocolypse is coming. If you don't help me save it the world will die, and you'll die and I'll die and your sister will die and everyone will die and it'll be a big old sad death fest." He said in a monotone voice, looking at the pond. "You should guess my name. You'll probably get it right." He said, smiling sadly.

He hated this. He hated this more then him and Hal knowing each other. More then last night. More then this morning. More then... Anything. Except maybe the funeral. And his own death. And all the really bad stuff that happened in his life. He sighed again and looked at his hands.

"You're an angel?" Hal asked, scoffing, "Right. And how long ago was that? Cause I have no idea who you are.

Aaaaaannnnnndddddd your name is Ave, I only know that because the woman, Sarah or whatever, called you it."

Moving his hands to cradle his head Hal exhaled loudly, "I'm not even Christian, I'm Agnostic. I'm not just going to believe your an angel."

Sitting up again Hal's gaze suddenly turned into a glare, "Did someone put you up to this!? Someone at school!?" Hal entire body tensed up as he continued, "Go pick on the smart kid because he likes books more than people!"

Shouting now, and more glaring.

"He's bisexual, let's all go pick on him cause he's different!"

On his feet now.

"I know! Let's break into his house and bake him cookies!"

Suddenly Hal plopped down again in apparent exhaustion, "Just leave me alone."

((That was not how I thought that would go, once again, but eh he needed to rant. Go Hal and ranting. He really doesn't have it that bad, he just needs to avoid bad people.

Of badness.))

Edited by Raven301

Ave listened as Hal started his rant and he laughed dryly. He shook his head and glared at Hal. "Listen, punk. I'm really not in the mood to listen to your censorkip.gif*ing. Sure, you might have it bad at school. You're bisexual. You're smart. You know what I am? I'm dead." At this, Ave stood and put his hands on his waist.

"I'm gay. I'm dumb. I had one friend. He died. He stood up for me. I killed myself. I hated myself so much, and I still hate myself. I think I'm less then the dirt that I'm standing on right now." He kicked the dirt and scoffed. "I'm an angel. I don't know why I got a second chance. I don't know why I'm even here now. I'm pissed beyond belief at Sarah because she erased your memory. You used to know me. You liked me, which was really stupid because I'm scum." He wiped his now watering eyes and turned away from Hal.

"I don't care if you don't believe me, but don't let your anger out at me. No, wait, actually do that. Make me feel even more horrible about my crap ass life. I'm a horrible, horrible, absolutely horrible person. You didn't believe me when I told you that. You said I couldn't be someone so horrible." He turned back to Hal, his face red from anger and embarrassment.

"Well guess what, Hal, I'm really horrible. I'm the worse human in the world. So yell at me. Make me feel so ****ing horrible about myself that I test to see if I can actually die again. Just do it. Push me to my limit. I'm already almost at my breaking point." He tossed a small ball of fire past Hal's head and watched it dissipate, then he turned away from the brunet and walked back towards his house. He stormed up the stairs and then turned and glared at Hal. "And if you want to be left alone, then don't call for me when a demon comes and attacks you! I'll leave you alone, you jerk!" He shouted, turning invisible and flying away.

((omg poor Ave. I keep making him suffer. Hal's fault. It's Hal's fault. And Sarah's fault >_>))

As Ave steamed and shouted Hal tuned him out, he heard it but he didn't respond.

When the angel, Hal reluctantly admitted that he must be one, stormed off Hal finally stopped sobbing, but tears still traced their way down the contours of his face.

He couldn't do anything right. Ave had it worse off, it sounded much worse off, but Hal still yelled at him.

I'm a selfish censorkip.gif .

Why am I here?

After about ten minutes Hal sat up again, he rubbed his red eyes, shook the grass out of his hair, and splashed cold pond water on his face before walking inside again, hopefully to find Sarah.

He needed answers.

((A demon (Orion) should attack Sarah and Hal yess))

Sarah had been on the stairs the whole time the two boys had been outside. She had decided to sit on them and she just sighed, hearing Ave shout something about demons and being left alone. He's just upset. She told herself, looking at the wall. Still, to say something like that... He must be really mad at me. Just give him space to cool off. She thought, standing and stretching. She frowned but quickly wiped it away. This was the first time Sarah and Ave had gotten in a fight. She didn't like it at all.

She would have to think of a way to really get across to Ave that she was sorry. She took the stairs two at a time and quietly landed on the floor, then she looked towards the backyard and saw Hal was walking towards the house. He opened the door and she sheepishly smiled. "He's not mad at you. He's mad at me. And kinda the whole world." She said, looking Hal over. "Cookies make you feel better after you've cried, Hal." She smiled, holding her hands behind her back. "We really didn't break into your house. We can fly." She turned towards the front door and looked back at Hal. "Take some cookies and come find me outside. I'll answer your questions, since I'm sure you have lots." She walked towards the front door and opened it, peeking outside before she left the house. Maybe Ave was still around.

(Ave isn't still around. He flew away to Neverland. He's really reaaaalllyyy mad.)

As Sarah once again offered him the cookies Hal's lips twitched into a small smile as he grabbed the chocolatey goodness and took a small bite.

He instantly felt better, they tasted almost like his mom's cookies, chocolate but with a hint of butterscotch.

"Are you a cookie angel?" Hal asked as he grabbed another as he realized he had already eaten the one in his hand.

Sarah smiled at Hal. "Not really. Just a regular angel, sort of. Sort of a regular angel." She closed the front door and looked around. She sighed when she didn't see Ave and walked towards the grass.

As he followed Sarah, Hal's thoughts became more and more complicated until he was thinking about why he was thinking about thinking.

Stopping and sitting down on the grass Hal put his head in his hands, "Could you just start from the beginning?"

"Explain everything from the beginning..." Sarah trailed off and smiled. "Well, my name is Sarah. I'm an angel. The boy that just flew off is Ave. His full name is Avery, but he hates it." As she talked, a dark shadowy figure crawled out from underneath the stairs. It watched the two and slipped into the shadows, quickly making its way towards them. "He's an angel too. The apocalypse is coming and some angels and humans have to prevent it. You're one of those humans. You and Ave have the same type of power. This is probably--" She got cut off by the shadow jumping and knocking her over. She gasped and grabbed its muzzle to keep it from biting her, but she flinched when it placed one of its paws on her shoulder. Crap, you're poisonous... She thought, quickly examining her surroundings. Hal was behind her and she was by the pond. She pressed her lips together and quickly made a small tornado, trying to knock the shadow off of her.

"So I'm some sort of- What the flap-jack is that?" Hal almost screeched.

Getting to his feet Hal backed up quickly, staring at the monstrous thing in front of him.

"What..."

Hal trailed off as the tornado picked up out of midair, pulling on the shadow with 100 mph force. It wasn't budging. Covering his face with his hands Hal squinted into the gusts of wind, watching as the dark shape tightened its grip on the angel girl, Sarah.

The shadow, Sarah knew it was an Orion, looked at Hal when he stood. It shook its head and freed it's muzzle from Sarah's hand, then bit her wrist and hopped off of her. It opened its mouth and made a faint screeching noise at Hal, then crouched and pounced towards him. It caught his ankle in it's mouth and tried to pull him down, aware that Sarah was too injured to attack it.

~~

Ave let out a loud sigh. He knew exactly where he was, and he hated that he was there. He didn't want to be reminded of what had happened the other day. He stared at the store then turned away from it but paused before he walked away. He pressed his lips together and looked into the shop windows. Why does everything awful happen to me? He asked himself, wondering if he should just pretend like nothing happened. That would be the easier way to do things. He looked down at his hands and then realized he was still wearing the clothes Hal had given him yesterday. Awesome. I'm going to have to go back and see him again. Maybe I could just run away and... And what? He looked up when someone passed by him. He stared at the person. Why did that boy look familiar?

He stared and then blinked, the sudden realization hitting him. "Randel?"

The boy looked back. His eyes widened and he took a few steps towards the angel. "Avery?" He asked, nothing but confusion in his eyes.

"Oh my god. It is you." Ave said, suddenly smacking his forehead. "I totally screwed this all up. I'm sooo dead."

Randel stared at Ave then laughed quietly. "I kind of thought you already were." Ave looked at him. "Dead, t-that is." He stuttered, looking around. "Are you a ghost or something?" He asked cautiously, watching Ave intently.

Ave opened his mouth to say something but flinched when Sarah shouted his name. She sounded like she was in pain. Ave looked at the ground but chose to not respond. "Not really a ghost. It's such a complicated story." He responded to Randel.

((I want to make another angel-human team because Sarah, Nylia, Rissi and Eve are kind of side characters XD))

Edited by littlelizzie

Screaming and falling as the beast bit down on his ankle Hal watched in amazement as the thing glowed from the center.

He shut his eyes as the light got brighter and as the shadow's grip loosened he scooted away from the heat of the flames that licked at the things oily skin.

As the Orion was utterly destroyed Hal scooted back, gasping before turning around a promptly emptying his stomach, still on the ground, his arms shaking from the effort of keeping himself in up. so that he wouldn't get puke on himself.

((TA-DA!

Name: Peyton Crispian Theopold Jasso (Lets her friends call her Theo but for everyone else it's Peyton)

Species: Angel

Appearance: Theo stands at 5' 8" and has yellow blond hair that forms almost perfect curls naturally, falling to about her mid back. Her skin is lightly tanned and freckles dominate the bridge of her nose, her cheek bones and the tops of her arms. She has sky blue eyes, a small nose and ears and a little bit of baby fat still hangs around her cheeks.

Personality: Theo is very bubbly and hard not to like, always talking, smiling and laughing. Under her cheery exterior she is very kind and comforting but always has a hard time finding what to say when giggles aren't appropriate. Theo is a follower and is very indecisive, she would rather follow another than lead on her own and greatly looks up to her older cousins.

History: Eh? Her life was pretty normal until she distracted her mother one day while she was driving and her they were both killed in the car accident that followed.

Magical 'Other' Land:

OOC comments: