teslakana

creepiest thing that's happened to you

-In the same place, there was a strange very-hot feeling coming down from the attic, which is probably normal, I guess. I also noticed that the floors sounded hallow, as if there was a downstairs of some sort. This house had no basement.

-The house I recently lived in had a very prominent, yet depressing presence. It was also very negative and we were all often in a bad mood. I found out that the man who used to live in the house lost his wife to a disease.

Yes, it probably wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Considering that heat rises and usually attics don't have anything like AC units or fans to keep them cool, they're probably going to be rather warm in hotter months and cold in winter months. I know my walk-in closet is like that because I usually keep it closed and it has no way of regulating temperature in there, so it's either hot and stuffy (like now) or very cold. As for the floor sounding hollow, it's possible that the floor isn't directly attached to a foundation, but instead has a bit of space between it. My mom's trailer home sounds "hollow" but that's because the house isn't directly on the ground.

As for the depressing presence, sometimes a place "feels creepy" depending on the layout, decor, lighting, temperature, and even magnetic fields (or whatever they're called). I get freaked out and feel like I'm being watched or followed in any home whenever it's dark enough. XD And yes, all those things can affect behavior. I don't think it had to do with the man whose wife died, although that could possibly be part of the contributing factor, especially after you found out.

I do somewhat believe in ghosts (not too strongly, but I feel like it could be likely) and haunted places and such, but I don't think those two things had to do with anything.

I remember two incidents:

First one is more amusing than creepy. I used to watch a horror anime and one of my favorite episodes was one that revolved around the song "Fur Elise" (basically after the ghost made sure you heard the song 3 times it would kill you). Well, one night pretty much everyone was asleep. I was just coming out of the bathroom when from the room behind me "Fur Elise" suddenly starts playing loudly. The room was empty, the TV/radio were turned off. After going in and checking I realized it was just from the neighbors but the initial shock shook me up a bit xd.png

The second one, I'm still not sure what happened. I was in my room minding my own business, listening to music, when I started hearing something else that didn't really seem like part of the song/video. I paused the player thinking it might just be a problem with the song, but the noise was still there. I couldn't make out what was being said, it sounded like a pretty old radio transmission, but I'm not sure in what language (all I could really make out was that it sounded like one of the slavic languages) . I though ok, with several tabs opened at the same time, one of them might have one of those annoying players that start up when you load the page. Checked every tab, nothing. Started systematically closing each of them. The "conversation" was still there. Close browser, end processes, clear cache and whatever else I could think of. Still no effect. In the end it only disappeared after restarting the computer.

Something I find really cool---so there are two connected lights in our bathroom, and one of them broke(we couldn't change the lightbulb), so we only have one light left. But then my mom slammed the area beside the broken light a couple of times and the light came back on! xd.png

Having my beliefs based on the Bible I know ghosts don't exist because once you're dead, that's it - but what it says is doing the stuff instead is much scarier than any dead person with a vendetta. Demons/bad angels pretending to be dead people to propagate the life after death idea/lie.

Anyway that said I did for a while end up living in a 'haunted' house.

Someone was murdered there or something - he killed his wife blah blah blah. I don't believe in ghosts so didn't care. BUT the room I was in was always freezing even in summer so that I had to go to bed in a full tracksuit with blankets and all - which was odd because one wall backed up to the fireplace so it should have been a lot warmer. Mum swears something pushed her one day so hard she flew a couple of meters - so she didn't just trip - and other unnerving things happened that I don't remember in detail now because it was a while ago. We all felt uneasy though while in the house. And depressed.

Needless to say, we moved out. The demons can have it.

This most likely isn't real, since I was kinda young at the time(around 7 or 8).

One night around 9:00 I think, I'm laying in bed and I look at the window. Now, I live in Maine where it gets pretty cold in the winters so we have these thick covers over the windows to keep the heat in, but I can see light through them kinda like you can see light through your eyelids if you close your eyes.

I can't see anything through the window, when all of a sudden there's this orange light slowly getting brighter. It takes me a while, but I realize it's the sun rising! I don't bother looking at the clock, and I just watch this light move across my window. Eventually it settles down and then my mother is there, waking me up. This whole thing was in the span of like thirty seconds by the way.

Now, what I think -actually- happened is that I was just drifting in and out of sleep every hour/hour and a half or so and my mind just pieced it all together in this form years later. Still pretty neat to pretend I watched time speed up though ^u^

When I was younger, I was playing on the computer while my mom did errands. Our dog was really old, and didn't do stairs. I hate out stupid, creaky upstairs. Always gives me away when I'm sneaking out of my bed to get a book. But anyways, I was alone, and then I DEFINITELY HEARD footsteps going up the stairs. I ran out of the house, and wailed at my driveway for someone to call the cops, because I did NOT want to go back in there. Some kindly lady called the cops and my mom, and my mother checked all the rooms. Only thing she found upstairs was surprisingly, my dog, and unsurprisingly, she was eating SOAP, xd.png!

One night, me and my previous partner had decided to go camping. At the time, we were living on a key off the coast of Florida, so forests were scarce. We just kinda went out on a limb, built a small pallet on the earthy floor, and fell asleep under the night sky. No tent, just a couple of blankets.

I was having a lot of trouble sleeping, mostly because the local raccoons wouldn't shut up. I am a light sleeper usually, so I was drifting in and out of slumber around 3:00 AM when I heard footsteps running through the woods, to come to a halt to my right side.

At this time, my partner was fast asleep, and I was half-asleep. When I opened my eyes, I saw boots at my eye level and in a half-sleep horror, I refused to look up into the face of whomever was disturbing our sleep. For minutes, I sat there with my eyes closed, but whomever was watching us sleep did not move. I was too drowsy and not fully awake to really be conscious of my motions, but I pretended to be asleep and turn to my partner's side, burying my face in his back and silently pleading for this figure to go away.

Idk why I felt so horrified, maybe it was because it was a nightmare, or that I wasn't fully conscious. But I was scared for my life and my body would not react the way I wanted it to. And all I could feel was whomever's gaze just...staring at me, in my most vulnerable state of semi-unconsciousness.

Eventually, whether it really was happening, or if I was half awake and having a nightmare, I did fall back asleep...and when I awoke earlier that morning, I shared my experience with my partner.

Crazy thing was, he got all uptight about it and told me he "dreamt" about the same thing too, but instead of a person on my side of our makeshift bed, there was someone doing the same on his side.

Like I said, not sure if it really happened or if we were just both having nightmares (mine while partially awake), but it has got to be one of the scarier things that happened to me.

I will share another very disturbing story after some other people post.

@aa-kaiju:

Oooh creepy! Sounds like you probably had some sleep paralysis going on, in which you're awake, though you can often not move at all and definitely have hallucinations, both visual and auditory. Not sure about how you turned over. Maybe you became able to move after a while as your body realized you were awake so it got out of its "locked" state (the body basically "locks" itself, usually, while in REM sleep to make sure you don't hurt yourself or otherwise flail about while dreaming, but sometimes you can wake up during this time and still be "locked", hence why it's called sleep paralysis).

But still, the fact that you both had such similar dreams! O: Maybe there was something there, after all, on the side you were on, but since sometimes dreams pick up on external stimuli, your partner dreamed the same thing happened but attributed it to his side.

I'll be honest, I seem to meet the strangest people in my life. My friends think I'm a magnet for it xd.png

Little bit of background: I live in a university town, and was seventeen when this occurred. There is a main road from the town centre, and then there's a little side road which I live quite a ways up. I was walking back from the town centre, along the main road, and has just gone up the side road where I live. I'm drinking some lemonade I got from Cafe Nero, and I'm wearing quite casual clothing.

I've just walked up the side road, and one of those low cars comes up with a guy in it. He calls out to me, and I go over, figuring he needs directions or something.

Him: Are you a student at *University*?

Me: No, but I live locally so I can give directions if you need. Where are you trying to go?

Him: Have you ever heard of F-A-G magazine?

Me: No...do you know if it's on campus or not?

Him: Oh, I'm not looking for it. Have you heard of it?

Me: Erm...no sorry.

Him: Well, it's a student magazine. We're doing an article on student housing, and I saw you walking up the street and thought you looked like a student so...

Me: Oh, I don't go to *university*

Him: Are you a student?

Me: I go to college, yes.

Him: *gesturing for me to come closer* Well, would you be interesting in appearing in it?

(At this point I'm backing away, but I'm not sure what to do, there's no easy way to get out of vision, and I can't really leave the area without either crossing a road or going up a steep hill)

Me: I'M SEVENTEEN.

(I then start walking pretty quickly away, putting some parked cars between me and him. He then starts driving UP the side road, reverses around, and drives back in the opposite direction)

@Emeraldmay- I've learned to not respond to people in cars. I had a similar situation where a driver waved to me while I was walking to work. I waved back and kept walking, thinking it was a coworker on the night shift that I hadn't met yet. The driver turned made a U-turn to come back and ask me if I needed a ride. I told him no and kept walking. When he didn't get the response he wanted, he turned and drove back in the opposite direction.

Now, to my creepiest thing that happened to me: When I was younger, I lived in an old house in North Carolina. It wasn't haunted, but it could be frightening because of the unfinished basement and "old house" sounds it made. One morning, I woke up and decided to look up at the trim above the closet in my bedroom. It looked dirty, so I got out of bed to see if it was dust or something. As I got closer, I realized that it was paint and not dirt. It was also on every wall of my room in a stippling pattern that only occurred near where the walls met the ceiling. I called my mother in and she asked if I had left a rag or something on the fan and turned it on. I told her I hadn't. In the end, Mom painted over the stippling. But, if I got really close to the wall, I could still see the "ghost paint" or whatever it was.