teslakana

creepiest thing that's happened to you

as the title suggests, feel free to state the creepiest/weirdest thin that's ever happened to you

discuss

Just yesterday while I was working, I was having small talk with a customer since he was the only one in there. We're suppose to in order to give good customer service and make him feel welcomed. After someone else came in, I wished him a good day and shook his hand. 10 mins later, someone called the store and it was him desperately wanting to know more about me .. I'm 20 and this guy was like in his 40's

Do ghost stories count? Cause I have a few.

First one took place in spring 2013. I was home alone, and it was fairly early in the morning so I was still asleep. I was woken up by a phone call, and after I hung up, I tried to go back to sleep. 5 minutes of me laying there, I heard a loud voice-a woman singing one high note, right next to me. Knowing I was home alone, I sat up immediately and looked around, no one was there. An hour later I had to leave because I felt so paranoid.

Over the summer I went ghost hunting with a few of my friends. My one friend, we'll call her M, is a medium. A medium is someone who is very sensitive to spirits and such. Take that as you will, I'm not here to debate on whether ghosts are real or not. Anyway, I was driving M and our other friend, J, to different locations that night. One spot in particular is an old, closed down public pool that I used to go as a kid. Years ago, one of my old friends (not J or M) told me a boy about our age (4 or 5 at the time) had drowned in the pool, and I was shown a picture (a regular Kodak picture, not a newspaper clipping or anything). The boy in question had blonde hair and wore blue swim trunks.

So we were parked just outside the pool, and it was dark. M started feeling very scared and didn't want to get out of the car, so we sat there. She started crying and said she saw shadows moving around, and described one of them as a little boy with blonde hair and blue swim trunks. Note that I told her about the drowning, but I didn't describe what he looked like. M is also younger than me and we lived in different areas, so she didn't know about him. J was picking up on the leftover emotion and she was feeling sad as well. When M stopped crying, everything went silent until I heard three faint thuds on the back of my car. We were the only ones there, and M asked if we could leave. So I started up the car and drove off. As we were driving away, M had told me the boy had climbed onto my car.

Now for a non ghost story!

A few years back, I was enrolled in the local community college. I had arrived to campus early in order to get my necessary books for class, but the bookstore wasn't open yet. With time to kill, I walked a few blocks to get something to eat from the corner store. The campus is in a small, poor city with high crime rates. I walk into the nearest store and it smelled like one particular drug. Some other people were being discreet. I ignored it and went down an aisle, when I came across a very large man. He stopped and stared at me, and asked if I had a boyfriend. I said no, and he said I should have one because I'm so pretty. Feeling awkward, I mumbled thanks and quickly paid for my stuff, and got out of there as quickly as I could.

Edited by Black Blaze

When i was in high school i had a job at the local grocery store bagging grocery's for customers. The store was about 4 miles from my house and on this particular night I didn't have my ye olde car. I don't remember why i didn't have it, no one else wanted it, that was for dang sure. About 30 min before closing my older sister and one of her friends can in and bought chips, salsa and other "party" foods and i asked if she could give me a ride home.

She said no, laughed and left.

So I leave at the end of my shift, Mom and Dad both worked the overnight shift a few towns over so they're already gone and I decide to walk home in the dark.

It's the end of summer and a fog rolls in off the lake my town's on the shore of. I'v made this walk before, it's actually quite nice.

I get to the town limits, half way home, and i start hearing noises like voices in the fog. Every time a car went by the lights would reflect off something off in the distance. and i could just make out those noises. Defiantly voices, but hushed, like far off and the fog was thick enough to make seeing across the street difficult.

I press on, heart starting to pound as i focus on that thing each flash of passing headlights give me a glimpse of.

Then, A Blood curtailing scream makes me scream, then there's someone else screaming too.

I had caught up with my sister and friend, who had to walk as well (they kept taking pot brakes since mom wouldn't let that stuff in the house.) They had been walking, smoking and chatting farther ahead of me on the other side of the road and we scared the crud out of each other when they saw my power-walking because-this-is-creepy form following them.

And that thing that headlights kept reflecting off of? It was a grey plastic mailbox that blended in very well with the fog.

Edited by tjsweepers

Oh wow, yes, this thread. When I was twelve and in seventh grade, I walked home with my little brother, who was in reception then. My parents thought it was safe enough (this was South Africa) since we lived only a block away. One day as we crossed the street holding hands a huge white van (the stereotypical pedo mobile) pulled up in front of us. A guy leaned out and asked me who came to pick us up from school. Luckily a few other kids and their parents came by and the guy drove away, but for days I was so scared that this guy was watching us, just waiting.

Last year I discovered this website called Omegle and I didn't really know much about it so I tried it out. Its basically when you talk to random people on video chat and you can skip over a person when you want to. I was talking to this guy and he seemed normal but then he started calling me pet names and he started to get REALLY inappropriate. That experience defiantly creeped me out.

This happened to me a few years back, but it was really creepy.

Was on my way home, saw a guy who might have been drunk. (I never got close enough.)

He saw me, and said "Hello". I looked at him dubiously and said back "Hello". Then his next sentence was. "When you work for the Mossad, you may lose an eye." And fumbled something in his trousers. I'm not really that cowardly usually, but I left really really fast there.

Ummm, I believe the creepiest thing that has happened was hearing a rapid beeping sound in an old house that was originally owned by a guy who was in jail. .... Ain't no fire alarm... it scared the crud out of us so we ran out.

Oh and I heard a woman scream outside by our road.... Later on, never found out why.

._. I have other stories but I'm too lazy to describe the descriptive stories. xd.png

My ex (boyfriend at the time) and I and two of our friends were walking together back to campus after having dinner at a restaurant down the street, and this guy that was clearly drunk asked us where this certain street was, which was also the name of our university. I was sure it was on the other side of campus, but my bf kept giving him directions to University Avenue (which was in the middle of our campus). So the guy followed about 20 feet behind us until we got to the music buildings and then we hightailed it to the door. It wasn't locked but at least he didn't follow us afterwards.

Yeah, that's about the weirdest thing I can remember right now.

My Animal Crossing game is really starting to creep me out recently...

I have this villager, Ken...... He's going borderline stalker on me... telling me about dreams he's had where he's watching me in the rain, then telling me to shower more... sending me a bucket (That I'm fairly sure he's planning on draining my blood into) Sending me creepy letters day after day even when I say nothing to him...... I gots some creepypasta sh*t goin' on here. :I

Not creepy, but it's one of the weirdest things that has ever happened:

One day, a few years ago, my dad woke up in the morning to go to work. When he opened a drawer, he found one of our cats inside, sleeping peacefully. I mean, WHAT?

None of us are sleepwalkers. Nobody got inside that house.

My father would never place the cat inside in a drawer or anything, let alone his own clothes drawer. We still have no clue of what happened, it goes against the laws of physics!

My cat is big and there's no way to sneak in the drawer. I wish my cat could tell us what happened. lol

There are some creepy things that has happened in the past. Perhaps I'll post them here someday. tongue.gif Maybe.

Was sitting at the bus station one day waiting for the bus to arive, and some strange guy started singing to me.. He looked like some kind of stalker pedo dude.. Once he was done singing he went to his bus stop and just wouldn't stop staring at me..

I don't think I will ever be as grateful as I was that day for the bus to show up..

when me and my little sister were very young, mum worked as a pizza delivery person and one of my older sisters were meant to look after us but they didn't and I was use to it, so I would just look after her my self.

anyway one night I was watching tv and she came in and told me there was a man in the house, so I ran into mum's room and grabbed one of her knives than ran to the room where she said the man was, there was no man but she kept saying he was right there and pointing to a corner.

now this was a few years after that we were moving around a lot, for reasons.

so like most kids we had imaginary friends, mine were all animals and my little sister's were animals and humans, she had a lot and each time we moved she would say good bye to some because they could not come with us and she would make new ones at the new houses and so on but there was this creepy one named Henry, he would follow us when we moved.

first time I heard of him we were in the car going to a new house and she was looking at the house roofs going by, I asked her watch she was doing she said she was watching henry follow us, I asked her who henry was and she said he was one of her imaginary friend so I said ok, and then she says he wants to kill her.

he followed us for a good number of years before finally disappearing.

we were staying at an apartment for a while and one night, me, my little sister and my oldest sister, were the only ones there and we were bored so we started making cupcakes and like most kids we wanted to put the icing on them, so we had everything setup on the cupboard and were waiting for the cakes to finish cooking, me and my little sister were sitting across the room from the cupboard, facing it, when the butter knife sitting on the cupboard came flying across the room landing between me and my sister, no one was near the knife it just jumped all on its own.

remember those furbies, well me and my little sister had one each when I was around 10-11, we got bored of them pretty quick so they were put in the toy box in the hallway, than one night I got up to go to the toilet and had to walk through the hallway, so I'm walking in the hallway only to have the silent of the night broken with "I see you" spoken in that creepy furby voice, I nearly pissed myself.

that went on every night for a few months and it never did it when someone else was around, so everyone was saying it was in my head, it got so bad I would woke up my little sister and have her walk with me to the toilet.

after months of fear and little sleep I finally worked it out, it was the way I walked I stepped on a loose floorboard that want under the toy box and made the furby talk, they stopped making fun of me after that.

my first cat was magic she used to drive me nuts, I would let her out than find her inside and let her inside than find her at the door wanting to be let in, no one else had let her out or in.

I wanted to prove she was messing with me, so I locked her in a cupboard with no way out but the door than I sat there watching the door, I don't know how long I sat there but I did not move or look away from the door and yet she still got out.

she walked up from behind me and sat down next to me, then watched me as I looked through the cupboard trying to find out how she got out, there was no way out but the door.

i have a few creepy things.

sometimes at night (mostly when most of my family is sleeping) i would hear random children's screams throughout the street in front of our second-story apartment home. the screams were words, but i couldn't tell what they were saying. even weirder, the screams were more than one, and it sounded more like the shouts i'd hear when i pass by the park playground.

ok that was weird but i have another one.

we have an old minivan which our dad uses to go to work, and while he doesn't do so we use it for trips and such. one day the entire car was infested with foreign insects. it may not look like it inside, but if i would shift one object an inch over, i'd reveal a nest of about 3-6 bugs. the bugs varied from thin cockroach things (i was not so sure if they were cockroaches) to white translucent tick things the size of my fingernail to other strange bugs that make strange buzzing noises. my mom and i abandoned the car even though our dad said he cleaned it out ever since.

this is all i could think of at the moment, so i'd probably add more.

I was alone in the elevator on the way up to the 20th floor where my condo room was to eat lunch, so it was about 1 in the afternoon maybe. Anyways, on the way up, I noticed there was a 13th floor, a button to go to the 13th floor. I didn't press it but when ever the elevator got to the 13th floor it just stopped suddenly and the door flew open. No one was there and I'm pretty sure because when the door opened there was heavy winds and complete darkness one way and the other way was blood red lights with eerie sounds all around it. Then the door slammed shut and took me up the rest of the way.It was freaky!!!!

I have a phone ghost.

A while ago, before we got a dog, I used to hang around upstairs at the computer for an hour before my parents got home. There's a phone in here, and I'm supposed to let it go to voicemail and then answer if the voice is clearly my parents. It would receive the creepiest voicemails. One really common one is just silence, then the sound of someone tapping the receiver twice, then hanging up. Those were deleted as soon as they were finished and were never saved as voicemails. (Still getting that one, although it's evolved into three taps.) Once there was a brief message of someone humming in a raspy old person voice for five seconds and then suddenly just cutting out. And several times I've gotten those automated advertisements except the voice was distorted as all hell and it sounded like a demon trying to be cheerful. This never happened when my parents were home. Now that I think about it, after I stopped staying upstairs during that particular hour (I have to wrestle the dog), those messages never came anymore either. Huh.

One really common one is just silence, then the sound of someone tapping the receiver twice, then hanging up. Those were deleted as soon as they were finished and were never saved as voicemails. (Still getting that one, although it's evolved into three taps.)

Nothin' weird about those. I believe those are also automated. I think they're meant to wait until they register that you're "speaking" when you answer the phone and then they play their automated message. At least I'm pretty sure what they do, as we get plenty of those messages. :P

I didn't press it but when ever the elevator got to the 13th floor it just stopped suddenly and the door flew open. No one was there and I'm pretty sure because when the door opened there was heavy winds and complete darkness one way and the other way was blood red lights with eerie sounds all around it. Then the door slammed shut and took me up the rest of the way.It was freaky!!!!

Probably someone in the corridor had called the lift up, decided it was too long, and walked away. Alternatively, someone was simply playing pranks on people and had prepared the hallway, only to call the lift and then hide every now and then.

For the matter, lift electronics also simply malfunction every now and then. At my old workplace we had a lift that, whenever you pressed the button for the first floor, went down one floor and stopped there (no, silly lift, you're not supposed to subtract the number from the current floor, you supposed to go straight there!).

sometimes at night (mostly when most of my family is sleeping) i would hear random children's screams throughout the street in front of our second-story apartment home. the screams were words, but i couldn't tell what they were saying. even weirder, the screams were more than one, and it sounded more like the shouts i'd hear when i pass by the park playground.

The night does odd things to sounds - or rather, sounds carry much better during a specific part of the night due to differences in air. Such as when you live a few miles from a railroad, you practically won't hear the trains during the day, but it will positively seem like a train was just a dozen meters away during the night.

Probably a neighbour or two has a temperamental child or a few... I've also been to a house where you could hear things said on the ground outside while on the fifth floor (windows closed!), as well as random chatter with the clarity of a person next to you from some apartments which weren't even next to the one you were in...

My father would never place the cat inside in a drawer or anything, let alone his own clothes drawer. We still have no clue of what happened, it goes against the laws of physics!

Cats (and other animals) will often climb into such places on their own. I don't know how many times I've had people find their cats in wardrobes, washing machines, you name it... I once found a sparrow sitting in a fireplace. The only conclusion? He had gone down the chimney...

Do dreams count?

Well, I have an interestingly vivid dream. Happens during a morning nap

our class has finished an assignment in our school's lab. We are asked to put off our shoes when we are inside the lab. As I went mid-downstairs I waved at my friends and realized I got no shoes on.

That moment. Everything feels so weird and real, the moment I got really surprised, I can feel my eyes widen.

So I went back to the lab-door, alone, My shoe is there and I put it on, then I went back to the stairs and I heard something growling behind me. It is an Old Man with a knife just a few steps behind me looking like he wants to kill something. I am speechless, I backroll down the stairs, fell at the bottom floor, saying nothing. I ran home with fear.

And at home, I told my father about this and he gave me some survival kits, too much details on this one. After I am mentally prepared and was about to hunt down that Old Man. I woke up.

This one is extremely vivid because I actually felt emotions and body movement there. My Usual Dreams are quite surreal and I'm like a "Watcher" on that one, maybe that is why my own brain is surprised when I got a "Realistic" one. (I don't know if this is one of those meaningful dreams) sad.gif

The time when some guy at my school linked his arms in mine and followed me around to annoy me, it did, but it was also creepy, mainly because I barely knew this guy and am not too find of being touched.

That or my little sisters hugs, I'm not trying to be mean but they are so creepy. She like rubs her head on you like she a cat or something, I think that's why I don't really like it when people touch me.

Edited by Featherheart

When I was about 14 I lived in this 2 story house (kinda old) 5 bedrooms but one of the bedrooms was a garage it was converted into a huge room actually pretty cool and that was my mother's room mine was right across from her's so i would share a bathroom with her instead of going all the way upstairs one night I woke up in the middle of the night and like most people had to go to the restroom the bathroom door was a sliding door kinda like sliding glass doors except there's no handle so you need to put force on it to stop it well while I was sitting there doing my business lol the door suddenly opens and no one is there so naturally I thought it was my little sister just messing with me except everyone was upstairs the entire time...

Same house in my room I had this walk in closet and inside the walk in closet was a little room (both upstairs rooms had them) one night I was watching king of the hill and all of a sudden I hear this growl I brush it off and thought it was just a dog outside but when I went to try to go asleep I heard it again this time it was right in my ear..I literally screamed and ran downstairs I never slept in there again

I'm still kinda iffy I really don't know if I was just hearing things or what but there was definitely something in that house I still get goosebumps thinking about it

There was one night when I was 7 I was going downstairs to get drinks for me and my older sister who was 14 at the time. It was like 10 PM when I went down theere. both of my aprents were sleeping because they had to work the next day but when i got in the kitchen i stood there for a minute and saw a shadow moving but i was still standingstill

Creepiest thing I had...

lets go back to 2010.

It was a Saturday morning at about 7am. My husband and I were up most of the night because he had Surgery to fix a hand that was broken in a freak bicycle accident two weeks earlier. (this involved me - I got bruises but no broken bones)

I wake up to a phone call and this soft spoken voice introduces himself as Oliver - indicating we had met and inquired if he had woken me up. I said yes. Now I know an Oliver - but it was not the same man. I mentioned Paul was just out of surgery and was asleep. The man then "offered himself" up to me... I hung up - major creepy

About a month later when I was going to get Paul's bike from the shop (where it was being repaired from the previous freak accident. I had a phone call from Oscar - same soft spoken voice. I did not have time to talk and I hung up.

I did not get calls again until late middle of October again that year. I forget the names the man used but he was stepping it a notch in his offerings. Extremely weirded out I contacted the police immediately for advice and was told to do *59 (which put a trace on the line and also was 5 dollars per use) then contact them after. I did so. They sent an officer around who basically gave the impression to me that it was a waste of time, was confused by the *59 action but he went back to investigate.

He came back a couple days later and said the situation was bigger than he initially thought and said that there were detectives in Hamilton working on the case. And that 25 women from North York to windsor (ontario) were getting similar calls.

Couple weeks later the man was arrested - perhaps as a result of the line trace - he was tracked to a halfway house in Hamilton, where they found testosterone pills and whatnot.

Where it goes from creepy to scary.

The man, joseph demeiros, had already served 14 years of a 17 year sentence for attempted murder execution style.

The man went to court, I was called and was expected to attend if he pleaded no guilty but he did plead guilty. The man got 18 months extra on his prison sentence...

I can't find the news article any more.. which is a shame. in the end it was 41 women who were harassed, some were even more terrified because his calls were not indecent as much as mine was, but very very violent.

And that is my story.

Edited by Starscream

just wow Starscream

the only thing I've got close to that is when I was a young kid, my family lived around the corner from the snowtown murders as it happened

this one is more funny than creepy

when the game dead space came out me and my friends got drunk and played it one night, they went home and I went for a walk to sober up, so I'm walking down my road and find some guy laying in the middle of the road

I'm walking as far away from this guy as possible without giving away I'm freaking out and as I pass him, he sits up and I nearly censorkip.gif myself thinking he is one of them, he then pulls out his phone and starts talking with someone and I feel like a idiot

This probably isn't everything that's happened, but here's the few that certainly left an impact:

-I suddenly started hearing a Skype call out of nowhere with someone I didn't know. I looked at the messenger and saw that nothing was going on even though a person was clearly talking. They couldn't hear me and it sounded like they were talking to someone else.

-The creepy house I lived in for about a year or two. One day, my family and I were driving home, but I saw what looked to be a man in a dark green sweater looking out of my brother's room. I told them and my step dad went inside to check to see if anyone was in the house. Of course, no one was and I looked in the closet and saw that there weren't any green things in there and even if there was, it was at an angle were you couldn't see it from the outside.

-In the same place, there was a strange very-hot feeling coming down from the attic, which is probably normal, I guess. I also noticed that the floors sounded hallow, as if there was a downstairs of some sort. This house had no basement. One thing I found more cool than creepy, the light switch turned on the radio, haha.

-My grandmas house. The very old 50-something year old radio turned on by itself and played old-sounding music even though it wasn't plugged in. I also heard whistling and saw a strange mist-like entity in the same house.

-On a tv show. There's a show called Ghost Adventures and these people go around and investigate haunted places. They were visiting an insane asylum. They usually catch faint voices and orbs and such, but this time they caught a loud, creepy scream. Even if it was fake, it was really scary.

-The house I recently lived in had a very prominent, yet depressing presence. It was also very negative and we were all often in a bad mood. I found out that the man who used to live in the house lost his wife to a disease.

Edited by Diame