Drakonspite

Heraldic Tales

user posted image

"Guh," Luxiphere rolled her eyes at Eliza's impatience. She threw her own bomb down and waited until a hissing sound told her it had gone off. "It's not fairy magic," she added as her scales started shimmering. "I'm utilizing the sun to its full potential, a rare power amongst non-Sunsongs." As she concentrated harder, both of the hatchlings were a sparkling white, looking more like snow sculptures. She nodded in approvel of her own work, remembering how she had done this particular illusion. She'd be able to do it faster next time and that could be useful in numerous situations. "Come on then," she said to Eliza, preparing to jump down. "Snow camouflage doesn't work so well on top of a building." She dived off and spread her small wings wide, flapping vigorously. She couldn't get airborne at her age, but lightening the fall was better than a full-scale crash. Soon Luxiphere had landed daintily on the ground, her snow disguise practically melting her into the ground.

user posted image

"More than that," he said. "We were made for each other. I don't know how I'd keep sane with out Somniall by my side." Keszpik imagined the Daydream's beautiful little smile and instantly felt a pang of homesickness. How would he keep together without Somniall? It was easy to picture his beloved out in the field, doing her job, when some vicious creature would come along and rip her in half. He shivered, part from cold, part from fear. Another innocent soul, sent to their death by Heraldic. "Have you ever had a love?" Keszpik asked. "It's so scary, fretting for them every moment. But it's also wonderful. Life is wonderful. But that's only when it's not tainted. Khaos was only the beginning of that taint. The Council added to it. And then, born from all that misery, was Heraldic. I'll wipe this world of misery and taint. But until then, I am a part of it." He sat down and opened the map he was referring to. It was a little wrinkled, but other than that, was generally okay. "The river is near," he said. "We'll have to jump ice flows to get to the other side."

Edited by Psycho Cat

user posted image

Eliza snickered. "I am so sorry for my insolence, O great fairy godmother of the sun. Please forgive me." She said sarcastically. After both the smell and the magic had set in, Eliza dashed along the walls to get down. She tripped just before she reached the floor and crash-landed head first into the snow. Getting up quickly and shaking all the snow off of herself, she looked at the Sunsong. "Well, not as graceful as yourself but you can't win them all!" Eliza laughed. She looked around to get a better sense of direction with no luck. "Now... Which way do we go?..."

user posted image

Well... Aren't you just a gleaming ray of sunshine..." Eclipse muttered. She saw the icy lake come into view with small islands of frozen water. She puffed up her chest and walked forward bravely. Taking a deep breath, she blew on the water and it instantly froze. "I think this is safer!" She shouted and breathed on more of the water for surface area. She knew if she wasn't careful, the whole path could crack so she took precaution when she stepped on the sheet of ice. "Watch your step." She shouted as she slipped slightly. She regained balance quickly and let out a sigh before continuing on

Brail slithered inside now, shaking off flakes of snow that clung to his silver scales. He searched the lobby that was strangely empty, except a pacing half-blind two headed and a couple of other hatchlings. He continued to walk down to see a sleeping nebula, covered in colorful lights. He almost laughed and gently prodded the hatchling, picking up one end of the rope.

user posted image

She scoffed at Eliza's teasing remark. "You get what you give," Luxiphere mumbled as her partner crashed down. She scanned the area before getting her bearings. "It would appear north," she replied. "According to Keszpik a river is that way, too. In that case I hope your jumping and clinging skills are peaked, because there's going to be a lot of ice involved." She slithered off north, where this supposed river would be. If she was correct the coveted Thunder hatchling himself would be heading there on his way back. Maybe they would meet him. She hoped so. A blizzard of such a degree could be merciless in Menap's freezing conditions. Not only that, but if they did have to cross the river, Luxiphere didn't want to be responsible for Eliza falling in. The idea of she herself falling in was even more appalling, however.

user posted image

He watched as Eclipse froze the water and lightly trod on the sheet of ice. Keszpik quickly examined himself and realized he was bigger than her. That meant heavier. "Oh my, won't this be fun?" He said, cautiously extending a paw out. A little crinkling sound was made, but no cracks. Very, very carefully, he put the rest of his weight on. This time it cracked a little, but kept him up. "No sudden moves," he said to himself. "Eclipse! don't-" The path cracked a little, giving way to the current. He quickly realized it had been his loud voice that caused the ice to crack. Instantly he closed his mouth and muted. "Size and roars, some of the best things about being a Thunder Dragon, and all they do here is hinder me!" He thought angrily. "Oh well, I don't have a lot of choice..." As he kept going, little dents and cracks appeared behind him. Stop and drown was his new motive.

user posted image

"Hello stranger!" he called to a random hatchling as Jiiva wandered the base. "Hello other stranger! Hello third stranger!" He said merrily. "And a very special hello to Somniall," he said, grinning, as he passed through the medic's room. Shouldn't you be working or something?" She teased. "I, uh," he dashed out before the moment got anymore awkward. He completely blanked and forgot where he was going, crashing into a Black hatchling in the process. He grunted and brushed himself off, but a smile appeared on his face again right away. "Hello stranger num'er four!" He said happily. "I think you're more than a stranger though. I've seen you before. A Tactician or something, right?"

user posted image

Trotting aimlessly around Heraldic's camp, Alique, like always, had no idea where she was going. She just knew that she was looking for Brail, who was nowhere to be found. Ah, where could he be? He's not here, he's not there, he's not anywhere! I wonder if he exploded into little smithereens... Nah, that probably wouldn't happen... Maybe... Just as aimless as her walking, Alique's thinking was a mess. A very interesting mess. Ooh, maybe Brail's run off to experiment and make cute little bunnies into rocks... That'd be neat. Maybe I should transform bunnies too... But I don't have good enough magic... The more thinking she did, the more distracted Alique became. She hadn't noticed that the tip of her tail had a small wisp of fire floating above it, nor did she notice the orange and green hatchling trying to talk to her. "Ow! Alique, who had crashed into Jiiva, was tangled now tangled up with him. "Sorry." Her voice, as dreamy as ever, wasn't changed at all, though most of her was being squished by the imperial fleshcrown. "Did you say something to me?

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

"Are. You. A. Tactition?" He repeated, trying to help the spaced looking hatchling come back to reality. "Because if you are, I'd know. My friend's love is a very accomplished one, after all," Jiiva said, a hint of heartbreak escaping his voice. He got up properly and had a chance to scan the hatchling properly. He had seen Blacks like her before. He just hadn't noticed she was one since the only color he had seen before crashing was black. She looked alittle dazed, like she wasn't entirely there. He leaned a little closer to her. "Are you a ghost?" He asked. It wasn't in an offensive way, but the naive Fleshcrowne didn't always have the best control over seperating word and thought.

user posted image

"Oh my," Del said as he was picked up into the air. He opened his eyes dazily and focused on Brail. "It seems I have been captured by an overgrown snake with legs." He said. He had no intention of being rude but his quirky personality made him say those words out loud. He started to think about multiple things at once and spun lazily in the silver dragon's hold.

user posted image

"Hrumph," Eliza pouted at the Sunsong's first comment. She spun herself around like a compass and stopped at the direction Luxiphere was pointing. "Well come on then, Miss Geography! We have to get there and back before anyone notices and puts our sorry behinds on chores for the rest of the week." Eliza dashed off north and knew her partner would not be far behind. She laughed in glee as the cold wind brushed against her face. She had not felt this in a long time.

user posted image

Eclipse glanced back and looked in horror. She quickly realised the danger Keszpik was in and shouted. "WELL DONT JUST STAND THERE! RUN!" Eclipse felt the ice under herself start to crack as well. She tried to run but was not quick enough, and the ice below her cracked. She plunged underwater as the freezing temperature shocked her whole body. After slowly regaining control again, she froze the water around herself and floated up. The ice was hardly colder than the water so as long as she could breath, she was fine. Eclipse calmed herself down a bit and was prepared to freeze the water around Keszpik if he fell as well. Although she did not know how much of a shock it would be to his system, it was better than drowning.

user posted image

"Me? Of course I'm a tactician. I'm useless at everything else." As she spoke, Alique unknowingly extinguished the flame on her tail and replaced it with sparks of electricity. Who's the tactician you know? Is he good? As the dragon she was talking to was male, Alique had assumed that the other tactician was one as well. She had also missed the slight tone of longing, though it was possible that she noticed and didn't think it was anything important. As Jiiva stood back up, she copied, then looked up to study him. You're a warrior, then, right? You don't seem like you fit anything else." Like Jiiva ith his comment on ghosts, Alique didn't mean this as in insult. She just didn't realize how insulting it was when someone said you would be bad at everything. "Oh, and I'm not a ghost. Shadow walkers look like they they should be ghosts though. They're very interesting." Through the course of everything she said, Alique did not come out of her foginess.

Brail hissed as he began to unravel the rope covering the hatchling. "Well then, over sized black rat, are you a tactician?" he hissed angrily, placing down the hatchling onto the ground with a half unravelled christmas light wire around him. Brail secretly grinned. If this hatchling was a tactician, he would be in for some punishment. The silver coiled his snake like body around to show the hatchling that he couldn't run. "Name?" Edited by Tiga

user posted image

"A black rat? At least try to relate me to something... If a tactician means a control-freak, no I am not a tactician. If it means anything else, I probably am. My names is Deliospithicallia Galiptonius." Del replied. His eyes were still unfocused and lazy whilst he answered Brail and his expression said he could not care less. Probably because Del really could not care less for the conversation they were having. "Oh... You really are a overgrown snake." He added after seeing the silver dragon coil up.

Edited by Drakonspite

user posted image

She slithered as fast as she could to keep up with the energetic Soulpeace. "Hold up!" Luxiphere yowled angrily. "Not all of us have legs you know!" She flapped hard to try and catch up, attempting flight, but only hovered a few feet high before falling back down. She huffed and kept going as fast as she could on land, but could not keep up. Admittedly, she was not too far behind, but got worn out quickly. Endurance was not the Sunsong's strong point. She noticed her and Eliza's scales flicker before finally returning to their original state. "See what you did?!" She said flusteredly. "I'm just glad we're not too close to base, but now we really have hustle, which may I remind you I no longer hold the capacity to do!" In reality, Luxiphere wasn't that mad, just annoyed. Eliza was just so... not like Luxiphere! Her view on life was so different from hers. All she wanted was to charge into things. And if the two were to cooperate, this wall would have to be shattered. "Look," she began firmly. "Dragons are different, it's a fact. But you and I, we're different. Opposites, even, and we have to make that work. You have legs and I can somewhat fly, you can heal and I have magic. We have to combine these, not use them as excuses to separate. So if for one second you could try to fit to my standards I will try the same."

user posted image

Every instinct in his body told Keszpik to scream with all his might, "You're shouting is only making it worse!" but he knew that if he himself yelled the consequences would be grave. He was already in danger of falling in. So with that he bolted off, going as fast as his legs would carry him. Behind the hatchling a terrible cracking sound followed, pushing him to his limits. As he ran faster and faster he realized he was running out of track. As he reached the end he thought for sure he would plunge to his icy death, but almost on their own, his legs miraculously launched him off the path, the momentum sending him flying. He almost flew over a chunk of ice, but his claws shot out and he grabbed the ice with all his might, finally slowing down to safety. He frantically looked for Eclipse, who when he found looked more like a living ice cube. She looked calm, though. Perfectly fine, actually. Better off than poor Keszpik, who was now stranded. "I'm not sure who needs help now, me or you?" He laughed sarcastically.

user posted image

"Keszpik something something. He told me his full name once, when I was with Somniall, but I wasn't really paying attention." Jiiva said sheepishly. "And yeah, I'm a Warrior. Heh, you're right though, I'm not good at a lot," he laughed. "Other than running, that is. I'm usually put on the front line since I'm a good 'opening for attack,' which in my opinion is just a nice way to say distraction. It's okay, though. I mean, you can't really deny who you are. Just like you're a Black, but if you bathed in white paint you wouldn't be good at healing. That's what I tell myself when I'm down. What about you? I can't imagine such a dainty little lady like you getting sad." He smiled at the hatchling. She didn't seem to bad. After experiencing Keszpik's wrath he expected all Tacticians to be could and grouchy, but this dragon was okay. In fact, she was nice. He could imagine being friends with her.

user posted image

"Three names?" Alique's reply was dreamy, like she was sleeptalking. "The humans in all the history stories had three names. First, middle, and last, right? Maybe dragons used to have three as well. But three names sound like a lot now, doesn't it?" Alique paused for a moment, forgetting that she was talking to Jiiva. Hm? Who are you? Oh right, sorry..." She paused again, but this time, it was to think about what the fleshcrown had said. "Distraction? I like distraction. It's useful in most battle strategies. But sometimes, the best distraction is a head-on assault. Nobody ever expects them, except for when they do..." Alique stopped then, making a conscious decision not to answer about being a "dainty little lady". But what she heard about not changing who you were was interesting, and she was fighting the temptation to say something about it. If he says anything else about it, then I'll reply. If no, then I'll leave it alone.

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

He listened with interest as the Black went on about battle strategies. For a second Jiiva tilted his head worriedly. "Are you all right?" He asked. "You sound tired. Oh well, I'm sure it's nothing," he added quickly. "Sometimes I just over observe. The world's a fun place when you take it all in." He smiled and distracted himself from the hatchling for a moment, walking around the room, before returning. "You see?" He said, sitting down again. "It's not a huge effort to see everything for what it's worth when you, I dunno, take a break some might say. Speaking of which, got any good stories?" There was nothing Jiiva loved more than a good story. He expected his newly found Black companion, being the Tactician she was, to have at least one or two good stories in her. "Oh wait though! I never learned your name. Have to know that before I accept a story from you!"

user posted image

Eliza let out a huff and started to slow down. "Fine~~~" she said as the Sunsong lectured her. "Alright, alright, I'll slow down..." Eliza stopped running and started to walk briskly at a steady pace. She was full of energy and wanted to just burst off but she knew she could easily get lost with her inability to read a map. She knew she would need Luxiphere for her brains so she decided to try her best to contain herself. She tried to put her mind off things by thinking about Keszpik. He wasn't scrawny (obviously) but he wasn't too bulky either which was perfect for Eliza. She smiled dreamily as she thought intently about him. She loved it when Keszpik had that funny, serious look. "How long till we arrive at the lake?" She asked Luxiphere.

user posted image

"Oh I don't know, maybe ten, perhaps fifteen, minutes―not too long." Luxiphere hoped this was true. She had only ever heard of the river; never actually gone to it. The way the breeze was so cold meant that it may be blowing off water, a good sign, but it may have also just been the frigid weather of Menap. "You know what I miss?" She blurted out. "My old station at Paradice. I was only there for a short time, merely to have my memory wiped and papers filled, but it certainly was better than this. Maybe someday, when my wings fully grow in, I'll fly back there and live a normal life. I just know that somewhere out there another Sunsong must feel the same way. I may meet him, I may not, but I know I'm not alone. Certainly you must feel the same, true? You Soulpeaces are, uh, a little 'optimistic.' That or it's just you. Obviously I only spend the majority of my time with hatchlings. Them and Vorgi, an awful old hag she is. I can perfectly well use magic on my own." Luxiphere huffed indignantly and slithered a little faster, catching up to Eliza. The energetic hatchling was clearly using all her might to restrain herself. She felt a little sorry for her, but she knew if she cut the Soulpeace loose she'd zoom off like a Whiptail.

user posted image

Eclipse chuckled nervously at Keszpik's joke. The situation seemed dire since Menap was surprisingly large with no civilisation for miles. There were hardly anyone living here other than the odd Christmas house that seemed to be at least twenty miles apart from each other. "Do you expect anyone to come and help?" She asked quietly. It was just playing the waiting game for Eclipse since she could stand the numbing cold but she could starve and she wasn't sure about Keszpik's cold resistance either. She could preserve both of them like in the stories her mother told her and her sisters but she doubted it would work. Besides, the whole idea of freezing a dragon and having them come back to life in thousands of years seemed stupid. She sighed and licked at the ice. It wasn't much but it could quench her thirst and the ice felt nice in her mouth. Gulping down another loose cube she created, she started to hum to herself in an annoying manner. Very annoying.

user posted image

"Ugh, you should see Brail in a bad mood. He could probably conjure 50 storms without a Gray dragon." Eliza mused the thought of Brail fiercely lashing out his tail as he created storms by spinning round and round in circles. Eliza let her thoughts drift too much into the unknown and she started thinking of Brail vomiting from dizziness and the contents of hi stomach turning into Kesz.... She decided to stop there and come back to earth. "I'm sure your magic needs no training or guidance..." Eliza said sarcastically. She giggled as she jumped into the snow in a flash and got back again as quickly as she had gone down. She started running around in circles while going forward, doing all sorts of stuff to release her energy. "Is this bothering ya?" She said as she took another dive.

user posted image

She rolled her eyes in annoyance, but Luxiphere said nothing. She herself did find snow a little amusing. Cold and wet, yes. But it had its playful side. Still, she found Eliza quite annoying. She ignored her for awhile, but after some walking she was snapped back to reality. "Hey, Eliza, do you see that?" She said excitedly. "I think it's the river!" She made a dash for the water, flapping as hard as she could. Soon she was at least five feet off the ground. "Oh my, I'm flying! Flying!" She thought gleefully. "If only HQ could see this. Almost all the hatchlings there can't fly." She laughed a little to herself. As she ran out of energy and started her decent, Luxiphere was, by that time, quite close to the river. She hadn't payed much attention to Eliza, but considering her earlier running skills she could assume the little hatchling could keep up. But when she reached the shore a very peculiar sight met her. Keszpik stranded and a frozen Solstice floating in the water. She just stared out for a moment before believing what she saw.

user posted image

Keszpik growled as Eclipse began humming. He was about to ask her to stop, when something caught his eye. Two faint specks in the distance. One was a dim blue, while the other was much brighter. "What is that?" He mumbled to himself. It was getting closer. He decided it must've been two hatchlings. "E-Eclipse! Look! Some dragons. They might even be from HQ! They can help us!" He wished he could call to him, or reach them in some way. But he knew if he roared his bellowing voice would break his makeshift raft. He paced nervously, hoping they would see them. It seemed so, because the bright one was flying rapidly toward them. The way it moved told him it was an amphiptere. A Sunsong, actually. "Oh goodness, I think that's Luxiphere!" He said excitedly. He didn't recognize the other, but he didn't care. All Keszpik was worried about was getting away from this blasted river.

user posted image

Alique waved her tail around distractedly as the Fleshcrowned started talking about being tired. Was she tired? The balck couldn't really tell, but if she had to guess, she'd say she wasn't. So that was how she replied. "Hm? Tired? Me? Oh no, I'm not tired at all. Why would you think so? Do I really sound like I just woke up, or haven't had sleep in days?" Just as she finished, Alique's jaw split into a wide yawn. "But the talk of being tired is making me tired. Is it making you feel sleepy as well?" Alique continued with her distracted tail-waving, not really listening to Jiva until he got up and started walking around. "Eh? Yeah, the world's a fun place..." When the Optimistic Fleahcrowne returned, Alique, once again, started entertaining herself by twirling her tail around and letting out bursts of magic. Something about a story? And no story until he knows my name? Oh, he must be asking for my name... "Oh, my name's Alique. I don't know who named me, though. Or what my name means. Does your name mean anything?"

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

"Nope!" Jiiva said. "Absolute, one hundred percent gibberish! Or at least, I'm pretty sure. If it does, I certainly wasn't the first to know." He laughed to―if not at―himself for a moment. He liked Alique. He liked her a lot. She always said something interesting or funny at the best times, even if she didn't know it. He didn't understand how he hadn't met her before! Of course, he could guess that maybe it had been because of his prejudice against Tacticians. That was ending today, although his dislike of Kezspik remained. How did he even get so much nerve, strutting about so cockily with Somniall, anyway? The two were near opposites! He, of all the hatchlings, should be with her; not that oversized blueberry, for sure. Jiiva hoped Keszpik would die out there in the cold of Menap. No, no he didn't, actually. Even if it was easy to believe Keszpik would shamelessly fantasize about such a gruesome death for the Fleshcrowne hatchling, it just wasn't in his nature to build up such hate. And all of this flashed in his head as the dreamstruck Alique stood before him, and suddenly his face felt very hot. "So, you, uh.. um.. like rocks?" He blurted out, trying to draw her attention primarily to him. He felt stupid for saying that immediately. In fact, he might have been better off just continuing to let his mind wander.

user posted image

Eliza beamed in happiness as she saw the familiar face of Keszpik. She was smiling from ear to ear but gradually the smile turned into a slight frown when she noticed that Keszpik was only focusing on Luxiphere and not her. etermined not to be beaten, she gained incredible speed as she got closer and closer to Keszpik. She jumped from ice to ice in an almost ballerina-like style, some of the ice islands cracking under her weight. "Notice me Senpai!!!!!" she shouted as she was about to jump on top of Keszpik. She was almost definitely going to shatter the island Keszpik was on but she could only see him in her vision and nothing else. Suddenly, Eliza felt herself become stuck on one of the ice surfaces as a freezing-cold sensation started to creep up her body. In a matter of seconds, she was floating peacefully in the icy river on top of her small island.

user posted image

Eclipse breathed heavily as she froze the bounding hatchling in her tracks with her icy breathe. Eclipse was bouncy and happy as well but she was not AS bouncy and happy as the new hatchling was. "Do you have a death wish?" she asked, gasping for air. She spotted another hatchling coming towards them. She looked serpentine and Eclipse was sure she was flying, but she had not seen any hatchling fly which made her incredibly curious.

Edited by Drakonspite

user posted image

It seemed to happen in a blur: Luxiphere was on the shore; Eliza was trying to beat her; Eliza was leaping to Keszpik; Eliza was frozen by a stranger; Luxiphere was now semi-alone. All of this and the Sunsong was still on the shore, worn out from all that flapping. Honestly, at her age, it had been a little foolish to fly so long. Now, however, she had to focus on the matter at hand. Three hatchlings, one Luxiphere. Who to save? "Oh dear, what to do?" She moaned in an annoyed tone. "In the end, either three will hate me, or two will really hate me!" She glanced around worriedly. The frozen Solstice certainly stood out, though. Maybe she owed it to this stranger to free her from her icy imprisonment. So, too tired to fly, Luxiphere reluctantly dove in. Immediately the water closed in. The freezing waves lapped at her like thousands of tiny needles closing in on her at once. "H-help!" She screamed, flailing for a moment before flopping onto a tiny ice floe. It cracked, and clearly wouldn't hold for long, but it gave her time to gather herself back up. This time she got back in knowing what waited for her, and paddled over to the frozen Solstice. She had scant energy left, but still managed to raise herself out of the water onto a nearby, larger floe, in the reach of the stranger. Unfortunately, she was frozen solid. "I suppose I'll have to fix that too." She sighed. So with one mighty heave, Luxiphere directed everything at the frozen hatchling, creating a somewhat magnifying glass effect. It beamed onto the ice, melting it despite the cold weather all around her. And then, with no energy left, Luxiphere promptly collapsed and passed out.

user posted image

"You are a tactician. Well then, oversized black rat," he hissed. "This over-grown snake wants you to stand up straight. And follow me, I have a.... Task for you," he snarled, pushing the black hatchling forward. "This over-grown snake has a punishment for you, black rat," he continued, pushing the nebula hatchling forward harshly.

user posted image

Gemini paused to turn a small head to see Brail and a black hatchling, a nebula. "Brail? What's happening?" She spoke confidently. She wasn't scared of his temper or anger issues. And he knew it.

"Over-grown snake, black rat," he was muttering to himself. "Gemini, this large black rat has made me, an over-grown snake to punish him."

user posted image

"Gibberish? It'd be interesting if gibberish was a real language. It'd be a good secret code, too. Or maybe it already is. Or maybe does your name mean "a word that means nothing"? That'd be interesting to think about. I wish my name meant something cool." Alique liked Jiiva quite a bit. Unlike most others she had met, he wasn't proud of his outstanding abilities in this or that. He was more modest. Also, he didn't seem to find her weird. That was a plus. There was also the fact that Jiiva was funny, and good natured. He would be a good friend to almost anybody. Oh wait, what did he say again? Rocks? "No, I don't like rocks that much. Some look pretty but all the rocks around here are the same. Gray. And round." She didn't add that they were boring, though it was easily implied in her tone. "By the way, have you seen Brail anywhere? I'm looking for him."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

Sepisc followed Somniall, fixing any mistakes she made and patching up wounds or injuries that she had missed. There weren't many. The young daydream was Sepisc's apprentice of sorts, and she was quite talented in the art of healing. Though it was more of adding herbs and medicines that may or may not kill the patient than art. In fact, the latter was probably only used because it sounded good. "Somniall, are you okay? You've been working for a long time; maybe it's time for you to get some rest." Sepisc's low gravelly voice almost ended as a chuckle. Healing was definitely not what most dragons thought it to be. It cost the healer's energy and health, as well as giving a chance for whoever was being fixed up to die sooner than ther wound would kill them.

user posted image

He listened intently to Alique's every word. It wan't per se a story, but her random spiels satisfied Jiiva anyways. "Brail?" He replied, temporarily forgetting who that was. "Oh yeah, that's right. Brail. I think I saw him a little earlier. He looked annoyed. Something about rats, I dunno. He seemed pretty grumpy, or maybe he's always like that. He certainly didn't exude an extremely friendly aura." He laughed. Though his wings hadn't grown in yet, Jiiva was an older hatchling, and he'd met all sorts of shades and flavors of personalities. After awhile, he'd been able to pick the good from the bad quite easily. He didn't know if most older dragons shared this trait, or if it was just him. It often just came natural to the Fleshcrowne hatchling, so it had never occurred to him to ask. He wondered if Alique was in a similar situation. She always seemed only half in reality, like she was stuck in limbo. Did her mind do odd things without her noticing? "Anyways," he said, leading his own mind back into the present, "I can help you find him, if you want. I'm sure Brail couldn't have gotten too far; he looks to be the type who wastes a lot of time scolding. Not like you." He added.

user posted image

"Hmm?" Somniall mumbled, blinking away her drowsiness. "I wasn't about to sleep!" She yelped more alertly. "I'm sorry, I'll treat you right away!" She glanced around confused for a moment, then looked up. "Oh, Sepisc, it's only you," she sighed. "Too many hatchlings. Just too many. I myself can't believe the whole flock of them just charged into that Ice. Anyone knows a Tro member is a force to be wary of. Why must there be any violence in this world, anyways? Sometimes I think Keszpik is right..." she clamped down her mouth immediately when she realized what she had said. Well, it was true, but she still shouldn't have told her Trainer. Her opinion on the young Thunder's ideals and aspirations were wobbly at best, but she loved hum and her support was all she could give. And if Sepisc found out, well, more than a crushed dream would be the result. "Yes, that sounds very good," she said quickly. "A rest is what I need. I need to clear my head and get my priorities straight." Somniall just hoped she could.

((Just to clarify, is Luxiphere in the water or is she on an icy 'stepping stone'?))

user posted image

Del went with Brail to wherever was taking him. A two head red hatchling asked Brail what he was doing which Brail replied with something about punishing Del. Del just walked on, oblivious tithe fact he was in trouble and smiling quite happily to himself whilst quietly humming a tune. Del was now walking unconsciously as he was immersed in a world of his own. He saw stars and planets as Brail's head was replaced by the sun. No one really quite knew what Del saw in his own world since he was always so mysterious and dreamy. He could have made a good prophet.