MasterWeavile898

Be Yourself

Do you think L is male or female?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(OOC: Dream, it's Christmas break. A lot of people are busy with other things this week. It shouldn't be too long before people start posting again. And I'll skip people if necessary)

(OOC: Dream, it's Christmas break. A lot of people are busy with other things this week. It shouldn't be too long before people start posting again. And I'll skip people if necessary)

<OOC: I'm sorry! I keep forgetting because I don't celebrate Christmas... Sorry. :c >

((OK, this is getting ridiculous. I'm getting halfway through my posts, and then the laptop just flips. Ugh.))

I looked over at the slot. A sandwich had appeared, and I quickly grabbed it. I was starving, even though I'd already had quite a few cookies. I tore off the crusts, though, and threw them through the slot. Call me picky, but I really hate crusts.

P: This sandwich is awesome.

P: Although I'm actually not too fond of ham.

P: Or crusts, for that matter.

P: Oh well.

P: So, how are we going to get out?

P: Maybe we'll just be stuck here forever.

Edited by Techno_Elf

I pouted. Hey, how come Viv got a ham sandwich and I didn't? So not fair! I folded my arms before throwing a mental tantrum and deciding to rant about the unairness of all of this on the chat.

P315: Hey!

P315: How dome YOU got a ham sandwich but not ME?

P315: So NOT fair!

P315: I got peanut butter!

P315: i want ham too

P315: Who cares about getting out, I want my HAM SANDWICH!!

P315: ...

P315: I have properly calmed down and used up my crazy-childish energy

P315: I still want a ham sandwich, though

((Sorry for the late reply))

A ham sandwich fell through the slot. At this point, I would have been hungry enough to eat the cookies, if I hadn't thrown them out of the slot. I walked over to the sandwich and picked it up. There was a chance that it was drugged, but I ate it anyway.

Doctor: I'm going to guess this is some twisted experiment.

Doctor: Someone thinking snatching people and and putting them in small rooms with a computer in the effort to record their reactions.

Doctor: I wouldn't be surprised if this was all legal.

Doctor: After all, many other things like this have happened. Forcing people to do something against their will and potentially damaged them forever.

Zoroark77: How could this be legal? Kidnapping was illegal the last time I checked. Unless whoever kidnapped us has really good lawyers...

Zoroark77: What other kinds of things like this have happened?

How had I been kidnapped, anyway? It wasn't like I had been walking around a dark alley and then someone dropped a bag over my head. The last thing I remembered was going to sleep in my own bed. To kidnap me, people would have to break into my house, walk down a flight of stairs, and get passed a dresser that half blocked my doorway. They must have also done that without my family noticing, unless They also kidnapped my family...

They must have drugged me already, I realized. That would be the only way They would be able to kidnap me without waking me up. I didn't feel sick or have a headache. Did They develop some kind of side-effect free sleeping drug, or did those already exist? How had they drugged me? Needles (being jabbed with a needle would wake me up, and then I would be screaming until the drugs kicked in), gas (possible), and adding it to my food somehow (I couldn't see how they could have done that) were possibilities.

I felt sick. This was all really messed up. Why would They kidnap me, anyway? There must be something connecting everyone that was kidnapped (unless I was the only one kidnapped, and everyone else was working for whoever kidnapped me). Location seemed like the most likely option, but we could have also been kidnapped because of race, gender, political views, religious views, age, or any combination of those.

I started to cry. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know how to contact anyone who could help, I was trapped, and I knew almost nothing about my captors. There were probably cameras watching me, but I couldn't help it. Anyway, maybe they'd be happy with their results and let me go. Yeah, right.

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. Focus. Crying will be fine later. Wiping tears out of my eyes, I started to type.

Zoroark77: You know, they must have drugged us to keep us asleep while we were being kidnapped.

Zoroark77: I don't have a headache or anything, though. Do side-effect free drugs exist?

I heard a clunk and turned my head. Someone had pushed a ham sandwich into the slot. Grabbing it, I took and bite and began chewing it.

Better than nothing.

Zoroark77: How could this be legal? Kidnapping was illegal the last time I checked. Unless whoever kidnapped us has really good lawyers...

Zoroark77: What other kinds of things like this have happened?

Zoroark77: You know, they must have drugged us to keep us asleep while we were being kidnapped.

Zoroark77: I don't have a headache or anything, though. Do side-effect free drugs exist?

Well it was a good think this other person was willing to help. I don't know what I would of done if I ended up with someone who wasn't actively trying to figure out what was going on. Just the mere thought of someone messing around at a time like this...

Doctor: If you have ever read your country's history, you should know the government lets a lot of things that are against the law slide by. That the World War II concentration camps in America for example.

Doctor: They put their own people into concentration camps because they were afraid of their race.

Doctor: I'm pretty sure that wasn't exactly legal.

Doctor: If that isn't a good enough example, then think of the current white slave trade, underground dog fighting rings, plain in sight pharmacies that sell harmful drugs, and so on. People are pretty damn good at doing something illegal and getting away with it.

I thought for a moment at Zoroark's second comment, the comment about being drugged. Well of course we were drugged. How could they get us here so easily if we weren't? Though, it was an uncomfortable thought to think someone managed to drug us. How did they manage that?

Doctor: As for being drugged, I'm almost a hundred percent sure that we were drugged.

Doctor: I have no idea how they drugged us or what sort of drug they used, but they surely did drug us.

Doctor: I don't know the exact name of a drug in which there are no side effects, but I'm sure there is one out there.

Zoroark77: I'm from Canada, though I'm sure that we've done some pretty horrible things, too.

Doctor's comments made me think that he/she probably lived in the US. Well, that ruled out my 'location' hypothesis. I doubted that They kidnapped everyone in North America.

Zoroark77: Do you have any ideas why they would have kidnapped us, specifically?

Zoroark77: I think I'm pretty normal and boring, unless they've been tracking how much time I spend on the internet.

I really hoped that They didn't somehow get my internet history. I don't like people knowing what pages I've looked up.

Zoroark77: I'm from Canada, though I'm sure that we've done some pretty horrible things, too.

Zoroark77: Do you have any ideas why they would have kidnapped us, specifically?

Zoroark77: I think I'm pretty normal and boring, unless they've been tracking how much time I spend on the internet.

Doctor: I'm going to assume this little "kidnapping" escapade is international.

Specific reasons for capturing us? Well, most concentration camps in World War II Germany held people who were Jewish, against the Nazis, Gypsy, and etc. It was some very vague and stupid reason. What sort of reason would they have us here?

Doctor: It's probably something either very minor or nothing at all.

Doctor: After all, we could of just been randomly selected.

Doctor: Every heard of, "'donating' your body to science"?

Ah yes, the medical advancements of forced experimental tests taken through ridiculous and illogical measures. Taking people from their homes and using their bodies for your own benefit. I do not recall from which civilizations conducted such monstrosities, but I do know it happened at some point along history.

Doctor: I'm going to assume this little "kidnapping" escapade is international.

I was starting to think that They'd need private jets or something to get us all here, but then I realized that there was no reason to think that we were anywhere near each other. Wow, I was slow. I wanted to blame my dullness on stress, but I didn't really know if stress had anything to do with it.

Doctor: It's probably something either very minor or nothing at all.

Doctor: After all, we could of just been randomly selected.

Doctor: Every heard of, "'donating' your body to science"?

Zoroark77: I've heard of the legal 'I'm dead, so use my body to teach surgeons how to operate on people or chop my brain up to learn more about neurology or whatever' type of donating your body to science.

Zoroark77: I haven't really heard of people being kidnapped and having experiments performed on, though.

Zoroark77: Sorry, I'm not too good with history.

Zoroark77: Anyway, wouldn't it have been easier to kidnap random people from the streets than from their own houses?

Zoroark77: I guess the 'Oh, crap, I woke up here and I have no idea how I got here,' thing is probably a part of Their experiments.

Zoroark77: (The capitalization of 'Their' was intentional, by the way.)

Zoroark77: I've heard of the legal 'I'm dead, so use my body to teach surgeons how to operate on people or chop my brain up to learn more about neurology or whatever' type of donating your body to science.

Zoroark77: I haven't really heard of people being kidnapped and having experiments performed on, though.

Zoroark77: Sorry, I'm not too good with history.

Zoroark77: Anyway, wouldn't it have been easier to kidnap random people from the streets than from their own houses?

Zoroark77: I guess the 'Oh, crap, I woke up here and I have no idea how I got here,' thing is probably a part of Their experiments.

Zoroark77: (The capitalization of 'Their' was intentional, by the way.)

Yes, kidnapping off the streets would be much more suitable for these sorts of experiments. Less worry about getting caught and less frustration with people trying to figure out what you're doing. Though, there could be some reason as to why they chose to take people from their homes.

Doctor: Well, so far I only see a few reasons as to why they would need someone from a home instead of off the street.

Doctor: For one, they'll need someone who knows how to use a computer and a chat room, evidenced by the computer in front of us and the chat room we are in.

I doubled back and looked behind me before continuing. I'm not sure why I do that to be honest. Maybe it's because I always feel someone watching my back?

Doctor: While many homeless people have access to technology and computers these days, they can't guarantee that every subject they collect knows how to use a computer.

Doctor: But, if they're taking people off the streets of Canada and the US, then they'll probably have a hard time finding someone who doesn't know about a computer, let alone lacks the knowledge to use one.

Well that goes that theory. I just shot down my hypothesis like a fighter jet in a dog fight.

Doctor: Aaaaaand, out the window the theory goes.

Doctor: I don't have a good explanation for this then.

Doctor: At least, not at the moment. People have lots of reasons to do crazy stuff. Like this, for example.

I slumped over my desk, curling up in the scratchy wool blanket. My cheek pressed against the cold plastic, the sharp angled corner digging into my chin. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying in vain to hold back a sob.

I want to go home.

Hot, salty tears filled my eyes. I swiped at them angrily with a half-closed hand, my palm grating against my eyelids.

Really, really badly.

I nudged the blanket over my head.

"You'll never get out if you don't shut up and stop crying." I muttered, my jaw jabbed painfully by the edge of the table with every syllable. I rubbed my eyes again, the last of my tears dried by my knuckles. I pushed myself up into a sitting position, and stared at the screen of my computer with bleary eyes. I batted the mouse around sullenly, resentment towards my situation growing.

A sudden scrape caught my attention. Something soft thudded against the floor, cellophane wrapping cracking with the movement. I stood up and squinted at the doorway. The blanket fell from my shoulders as I shuffled forward.

Is that... a sandwich?

I kicked the package gently. It scooted harmlessly across the floor. I glared at it before kneeling quickly to pick it up.

Yeah, it is.

I picked at the wrapping nervously.

Do I.. should I eat it?

My fingers tore at the plastic, exposing a corner of the bread. My stomach growled in answer, and so I hesitatingly took a bite.

I walked sedatedly back to my desk, taking small bites of the sandwich. I folded the blanket around my shivering body again, and glanced at the screen.

You left them waiting long enough. At least say something so they know you aren't dead.

Beguiled: I just got a sandwich.

Beguiled: It's kinda bad, but that's beside the point.

Beguiled: Either of you get anything?

Zoroark77: It's probably just another part of Their twisted experiments.

I frowned. I really didn't like how 'They' and 'Their' looked, but capitalizing them made it clearer who I was talking about. Anyway, there wasn't much I could do about it now. If I started to not capitalize 'They' and 'Their' my writing would be inconsistent.

Zoroark77: I'd probably be thinking a lot differently if I woke up here after having a bag thrown over my head and being stuffed in a van.

Hmm, that sentence didn't look quite right. I couldn't change it now, though, and Doctor probably knew what I meant.

Zoroark77: As far as we know, some of the other people that have been kidnapped were taken off the streets.

Zoroark77: I still think that there must be some kind of reason that we were kidnapped, unless our captors really are mad enough to break into random houses to kidnap people.

Zoroark77: I haven't done anything special, though, at least not that I remember.

I tried to think of anything I could have done to attract someone's attention. Last night, I joined a dating site because I was bored, but that probably didn't have anything to do with being kidnapped.

Zoroark77: School is pretty easy for me (except for Gym and Health class), but I'm not at the top of my class. I spend my day reading TV Tropes, checking Facebook, and reading a blog dedicated to pointing out the numerous flaws in Twilight.

Zoroark77: Last night I joined a dating site for fun, but I didn't really post anything important.

Zoroark77: I'm sorry for all of the possibly irrelevant information. I'm sort of grasping at straws now.

Dating site? Joined for fun? Well then, that sounded pretty familiar. But someone couldn't just be taking people out of their houses because they joined a dating site for fun? I even made my personal account info ridiculously inaccurate.

Doctor: Dating site you say? Well then, what a coincidence.

Doctor: I joined one last night because I was bored out of mind.

Doctor: You don't think there is some sort of connection through that, do you?

What kind of sickos would take someone who would claim to be a hundred year old sky diver who climbed mountains? It was obvious it was fake. Unless these people were extremely naive.

Didn't get what they wanted, eh?

(This is so bad.)

Whoa. I hadn't really been expecting any of my bits of information to turn up any connection, but I especially hadn't expected it to by the dating site one.

Zoroark77: Well, that would be a pretty big coincidence. What are the chances of us both joining a dating site the day before we were kidnapped?

Zoroark77: I don't see how there could be a connection, though. There's no way they could find out where I live.

Zoroark77: Wait, can you track someone's location by their IP address?

Being tracked by my IP address would be really creepy. I wasn't quite sure that you could track people by their IP address, but I thought that you probably could.

Before I could interact with the computer, the noise of two objects hitting the solid floor alerted me away from the chat. Luckily, it appeared to be more food, and didn't seem to be a threat of any sort. I silently thanked my captors for being ever so generous.

Walking over, I recognized the larger object to be a ham sandwich. I frowned at the finding, for my dislike for ham brought back unhappy and depressing memories. The smaller object partially smeared over the sandwich's wrapping and the floor happened to be a cupcake, which seemed to have unceremoniously dropped from the slot. I threw my sandwich on the table before carefully scooping up the smudged cupcake and its messy pink frosting. I found it rather peculiar that a cupcake had arrived, especially when considering the previous foods that were given. Unlike the sandwich, I quickly devoured the cupcake, its sweet and rich taste forcing me to drink more water. I put down the water bottle and my mouth let out a satisfied "Aah.....", unaware of my depleting water supply.

Before heading back to the desk, I took a moment to flop over on my bed and digest the food, arms and legs stretched in a prolonged yawn. I hadn't reflected on my situation as much as I thought I should, my minding shooing the darkening thoughts of what could become of me. Although I grasped the possible concept of being trapped somewhere remote away from my home, I still couldn't make an inference as to why I was here. Surely I had not gotten in trouble with the law, or had I? Had the FBI, or another group, snatched me from my home in the dead of night, along with the rest of my family? The mere thought of my family suffering through the same situation nearly broke me into a fit of rage, my arms jostling with the blanket in an act of hopeless desperation. Eventually I forced myself to rise from the bed, mumbling words of distressed encouragement repeatedly, "...You'll be fine, everything will be fine, everyone is safe, you'll be safe, you'll be fine..."

After unsteadily approaching the desktop and falling into the chair in utter disregard for my safety, my eyes quickly focus on the screen, looking through the new messages in the chat.

Beguiled: I just got a sandwich.

Beguiled: It's kinda bad, but that's beside the point.

Beguiled: Either of you get anything?

_Arceus64_: If the sandwich is bad, I'm not eating it

_Arceus64_: Unless it's out of complete desperation

_Arceus64_: ...which I probably will get to anyways

_Arceus64_: Since I feel doomed

_Arceus64_: And I also got a cupcake

_Arceus64_: I thought the cupcake was pretty good

_Arceus64_: Though the frosting was a bit strong...

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Doctor: You most certainly can find someone by their IP address.

Doctor: I wouldn't be surprised if we were found in that way.

Doctor: Though, that narrows down the people who could of stolen us from sick weirdos to hackers and the NSA.

I knew the NSA was all over the world and not just the USA. They knew everything about everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the NSA who took us. I sighed at that thought. Yet another reason not to like my country.

Doctor: The NSA operates all over he world and not just the USA. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a hand at this.

(This is really really bad. Forgive me. >.<)

((What's bad? I'm not noticing anything bad.))

Zoroark77: ...who's the NSA?

Zoroark77: I'm sorry, that's probably something I should know. I'm sure I've heard of them before, but I can't remember now.

Not having access to the internet was really starting to bother me. It was like being at school and not being able to look up something that I had decided was really important (like how to properly use commas), but worse. Normally, I didn't really need to know about whatever it was I wanted to read about, but now it actually mattered. If someone had a theory on who could have kidnapped us, I wanted to learn as much about them as possible. Furthermore, having to ask so many questions made me feel a bit ignorant and unhelpful.

Huh, I thought everyone knew about the NSA. Especially since the whole world was freaking out over how much personal security that were taking. But hey, maybe some people didn't see the reports on the tele.

Doctor: The NSA stands for, "National Security Agency".

Doctor: They basically tap into everyone's phones and emails and sometimes web cameras to make sure we aren't terrorists.

Doctor: They've been criticized for doing the same in other countries such as the a majority of the countries in Europe, Mexico, and Canada.

Yea for the USA...

Ah, okay. I had heard of stuff like that happening, I just didn't remember who was doing it. In my mind, I probably just said 'Eh, the governments doing some kind of evil privacy invasion thing' and ignored it. Well, I guess now that I had possibly been kidnapped by them I'd better start paying attention.

Zoroark77: Still, kidnapping random people? That doesn't seem like the best plan for uncovering terrorists, unless they've decided that fourteen year olds are terrorist suspects.

Zoroark77: I guess a fourteen year old could still be a terrorist, but I'm not a terrorist.

Zoroark77: Well, I'd still say that even if I was a terrorist, but...

Zoroark77: Sorry.

Zoroark77: Anyway, I think it's some group of psychology scientists of the evil, Hollywood variety.

Doctor: Maybe, but I'm not sure.

Doctor: I haven't the slightest clue as to who would do this.

I leaned back in my chair and sighed. None of this was helping. This was getting us nowhere. We didn't know who did this, and would probably not know for a good while. This was just... pathetic. What sort of human beings were these people? Disgusting ones, that was for sure.

(I'm so sorry for this.)

Zoroark77: I guess we'll just have to wait until something happens or one of us thinks of something.

It was all very frustrating. We still didn't know anything. I didn't even know what time it was. It felt like morning, but my watch was gone and I had no idea how long I'd been asleep for. I nervously rubbed my wrist. Not being able to look down to tell the time bothered me, and I was used to being able to use the watch's light-up function as a flashlight.

Zoroark77: I wish They hadn't taken my watch.

((There's nothing to apologize for.))

Doctor: Knowing the time is something I have a longing for.

The computer didn't have a little button saying what time it was. That was frustrating. Ever more so now that my "friend" mentioned a watch.

Did they seriously have to isolate us from even the time of day?

Preposterous. Absolutely and utterly wretched. Sighing, I tapped my finger on the keyboard, watching as the letter "h" filled my text bar.

Miss Dreamer: Queen Mab sounds cool. biggrin.gif

Miss Dreamer: Uh, no offence, but baked beans in chocolate sauce sound like yuck to me. xd.png

Miss Dreamer: We're probably not spamming messages to be released 'cause our captors wouldn't release us, anyway.

Miss Dreamer: Why would they capture us in the first place if they wanted to release us? Why am I captured? Kidnapping happens to others, not me. xP

Miss Dreamer: Well, MW898, you're probably right. I'm probably someone else, like some random guy using a username that I've never seen anyone else use...yet. *Sarcasm*

Miss Dreamer: It's so hard to use sarcasm online.

Miss Dreamer: No one can tell unless you reveal that you're actually being sarcastic. xd.png

Miss Dreamer: And no, I'm not a guy, by the way...obviously, lol. *Gestures to "Miss"*

Miss Dreamer: Anyway, what was that about escaping?

Miss Dreamer: Man, this cookie is AWESOME. biggrin.gif

Well, that was... Rude? I wasn't sure. Dream's response didn't make much sense. At least her username was something that someone else might use. Largely generic, I'd probably even seen someone besides her using it, this would make three if it was a different person. I thought... I wasn't certain, I didn't like that.

MasterWeavile898: Well okay then

MW898: Not like my username is unique at all /sarcasm

MW898: I'd suggest you Google it, to see that nobody else uses it. Except that's impossible, and there are plenty of places I've been that my Dream wouldn't know about anyway

MW898: Oh BTW, I only use sarcasm when I'm upset, sarcasm upsets me

I supposed I was being a bit rough there. But we were trapped who knew where and I didn't feel like trying to keep myself calm. I tried to remember where I'd put the bottle cap I'd had earlier, but couldn't find it.

MasterWeavile898: Maybe you should stop worrying about what kind of sandwich it is

MW898: It's the only glubbing thing you have to eat right now

MW898: You know how starving children in Africa would kill to eat stuff that many of us would take for granted?

MW898: Well guess who's gonna be starving now

(OOC: Apologies if this get's confusing, or creepy, or both)

"You really need to calm down, idiot." I said.

"Shut up." I snarled back, "I know what I'm doing, I have full control over my emotions."

"Shore you do, you're being perfectly calm, lashing out at me like that."

"That was not lashing out, that was perfectly calm."

"Shore it was. You're being very convincing right now, what with the shaking angrily and all."

"Shut. Up!" I yelled.

Without even realizing it, my fingers flew across the keyboard, typing into the chat as quickly, if not quicker than, I could speak.

MasterWeavile898: Shut. Up!

MW898: Oh god

MW898: I'm sorry, that wasn't intended for any of you

MW898: Just.. Just ignore that

I fell silent, hoping desperately that someone would change the subject before anybody asked why I had typed that. I got lucky.

L.Carol: Did somebody say legal?

L.Carol: Because this is definitely not.

L.Carol: Kidnapping being the most obvious thing.

L.Carol: Haven't you people ever played Portal?

L.Carol: Apparently not, because you aren't trusting me.

L.Carol: Clearly you should trust me, I'm risking my life here.

L.Carol: On second thought, no you shouldn't. Don't trust me yet.

L.Carol: Okay now, now you can trust me.

L.Carol: Though I have no idea why you would.

L.Carol: Anyway, Portal.

L.Carol: Or Portal 2.

L.Carol: Think of it this way, I'm Wheatley

Wheatley: See?

Wheatley: And before you ask, no, I will not allow you to change your names or colors. People will be impersonating each other all over the place and it will be hell.

Wheatley: You guys are all Chell.

Wheatley: And my boss's boss is Cave Johnson.

Wheatley: Wait, no.

Wheatley: That doesn't work.

Wheatley: He is, but then who's GLaDOS?

Wheatley: Or maybe I'm Caroline?

Wheatley: Okay, that analogy fell apart.

Wheatley: My point is, I'm here to risk my life to help you.

L.Carol: And sorry for going on so long, I just have so much to tell you and so little time.

L.Carol: So before I forget, which is impossible so you know, more things:

L.Carol: I managed to get you a peanut command, do /nut and one of those little airplane things should drop down.

L.Carol: I know it's not much, but it should keep you from starving, unless you have a peanut allergy.

L.Carol: And I got another command, that whole randomizer thing.

L.Carol: Like a coin flip, /flip in fact, but you can get more than heads or tails.

L.Carol: It just takes whatever inputs you give.

L.Carol Flipped coin: Heads, Feet, Potato. Result: Potato

L.Carol: Kind of dumb, but I'm sure it can be useful for something.

L.Carol: Oh, I must go.

L.Carol: Ta-ta!

Oh great, her again. Well, at least she gave me peanuts. I really wasn't up to dealing with L.Carol right now, even if she had mentioned Portal. At least she hadn't mentioned cake, it almost made me want to trust her. But I was too angry with the world to trust anyone. I just wanted to go back home to my idiot family and live out my life plotting everyone's deaths and pretending to be a guy for them. Not like I could take over Google from this room. Heh, like they'd let me do that anyway, they'd probubbly just kidnap and put me in a room just like this. I really just wanted everything to go away, for this dream to end. To go back to my nightmare of a life and silently rage through it. But they, whoever they were, had different plans. I hated when my plans clashed with someone else' plans. It never ended in their death.

(OOC: Formatting fail

EDIT: Hmm, after reading the RP, I am a bit troubled. I'm noticing a trend where people seem to be chatting for fun and such. And while it's okay to talk about more than being in your rooms, do remember that you are there, you have been kidnapped, and if you don't have a problem with that, there's likely a problem with you. Try to react accordingly. And remember: The chatroom is the setting, not the plot)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Oh, thank the unicorn (may Her holy hooves never be shod), something happened. I was starting to worry that it would be hours before anyone contacted us again.

I disliked L.Carol even more now, though. He or she spent a dozen lines talking about Portal, in an attempt to make an analogy showing that we should trust him or her. Did he/she really think that that would accomplish anything?

'Risking my life to help you'? Yeah, right. Maybe the organization that L.Carol worked for executed former employees, but someone who kidnapped children wouldn't be turning around to help them. Anyway, I doubted that L.Carol was the only one watching the chat. If he/she was really risking his/her life, then he/she wasn't very smart. Even if L.Carol hacked it so that her employers couldn't see him/her go online they'd see us talking about L.Carol.

Zoroark77: Well, that was all incredibly helpful.

Zoroark77: I guess we know that L.Carol's boss has a boss now, but the dozen lines of talking about Portal were a waste of space (unless it wasn't, and I just can't tell because I don't know any of the characters in Portal).

Zoroark77: I seriously doubt that L.Carol is risking his/her life to help us. If he/she is, he/she must be incredibly dumb. There's no way that L.Carol is the only one watching the chat.