MasterWeavile898

Be Yourself

Do you think L is male or female?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I glanced to the screen, seeing a reply. What? I think. They better be kidding.

CyberGodJakku: I don't think you're being serious.

CyberGodJakku: I'm doubting that you've also been taken.

CyberGodJakku: I don't even know if I'm in my own country.

CyberGodJakku: I don't know what day it is. Or month.

CyberGodJakku: Well, I know it's the day after tomorrow.

Sighing, I once again highlighted the text and nearly fumed at the message I read. It took me several moments to get calm again, but, when I was, I became rather upset. Not thinking I was being serious? It took me several moments to reply. Why wouldn't they think I was being serious? Were they panicking? Probably. But with a name with "god" in it, it was hard to take them serious.

Doctor: Believe whatever the hell you want.

Doctor: If you want to doubt me then go ahead ahead, I see no reason for you not to.

Doctor: I've already evaluated the situation and know where I stand. I'd suggest you do the same.

Doctor: Oh, and you haven't changed your text color yet. I would do that as a redeeming factor to your absurd name.

Yeah, maybe losing my cool wasn't the best idea right now, but I didn't exactly have anything tying me down right now and I wasn't exactly in a great situation. I hadn't blown up prior to know and my mental state was demanding some form of release. The sudden appearance of this new person with yellow text and an odd name wasn't helping me keep everything inside.

Edited by Doctortear

My mouth gaped wide in horror as I realized what name I had chosen. I cannot think, I thought.

Wow, contradictory.

CyberGodJakku: Sh*t, I didn't even realize I chose that stupid name.

CyberGodJakku: I'm sorry I doubted you, I'm just stupid.

CyberGodJakku: But I really don't want to change my colour.

CyberGodJakku: It's a private thing.

CyberGodJakku: I want to do something productive now.

CyberGodJakku: I have no sense of terror. I'm just bored.

I need to stop talking as much. Although it's technically typing, but whatever.

Beguiled: I agree with the "pretty sick" part.

Beguied: Not so much the teenager thing, because why would you set up a whole test, a whole facility, to get something you could find everywhere on the internet?

Beguiled: I don't know.

Beguiled: I don't know if I want to know.

Beguiled: I want something to go off of, something to think about.

Beguiled: I just don't want to sit around, scowling at peanuts and crying intermittently

I rested my chin on my left palm, forcing myself to think of something to do. The room was wholly barren, save for the computer and the small pile of food arranged on the table. The drab color scheme engulfing everything before me seemed to suck out all the creativity in my mind. If Beguiled was looking for a way to escape the bleak situation we faced, it seemed that I was not of any help.

_Arceus64_: I'm sorry, but I really can't think of anything

_Arceus64_: My mind is too stressed about everything happening for me to even even consider doing something else

Just then, I heard another clunk, and turned around to see a small cardboard box on the ground. In perhaps one of the stupidest decisions of my life, I completely ignored the possibility of a threat inside the box and rushed to open it. Luckily for me, it didn't explode upon touch and send my dead body flying around, but instead revealed two pink-frosted cupcakes. As I wondered what the arrival of more cupcakes could have possibly meant, my eyes caught a small note underneath the treats. Setting aside the cupcakes on the table, I reached for the small paper.

These cupcakes are especially for you. You fill me with happiness like no one else. To be by your side is my wish. ~ Emily

I stifled a gasp, read the note again, and backed away slowly. Confusion and embarassment filled my emotions, unsure of what the package meant. Was it really possible that someone was sending me a love letter, or was it just a trick from my captors? I doubted the possibility of L being behind it, though the reasoning meant that someone else knew that I was trapped and was possibly working to save me. Unless they, too, had put me here. And how old were they? And why were they sending this to me? My thoughts ran wild, and everything I believed about my situation was shattered into millions of pieces.

I raced back to the computer, keeping a watchful eye of anything seeming suspicious in the room. Now, it appeared, I had something worth talking about.

_Arceus64_: Okay, something weird just happened

_Arceus64_: I'm not sure if it makes any sense, but it still happened

_Arceus64_: Someone sent me a package with cupcakes and a note

_Arceus64_: And the note was.....

_Arceus64_: Well, it was supposed to be romantic

_Arceus64_: Though right now is the worst time for someone to send me that

_Arceus64_: Especially since I don't like that stuff

_Arceus64_: But I get the feeling that they're spying on me

Edited by Bacon_Strips

“Shouldn’t my Alarm have gone off already? “ I muttered as I turned around in my sheets. “What time is it? Maybe I just woke up early…” I reached behind me to check the clock on my phone, and my hand hit… a wall? Where’s the cupboard? I wasn’t suspicious quite yet, as I had borderline-deliriant phases while waking up before. I moved my arms and legs everywhere I could in an attempt to find out which side is which. It didn’t work. “OK, that’s it” I said to myself. I moved both my hands to the edge of the bed, carefully brought my body in position and stood up. It worked, but it didn’t have the expected result of clearing my confusion.

“This better be a dream…” I jumped up and down a few times, moved my arms, legs, fingers, toes, and hit myself lightly on the head, chest and thighs. The laws of physics and my physical sensations were intact and normal. In a last, desperate attempt I closed my eyes and forced them open with my fingers, a trick that got me out of some nightmares when I was a kid. That didn’t work, either.

I took a look at my surroundings, taking in all the details I could, of which there weren’t that many. I was in a barren grey room that was sparely furnished with a bed, a table and a desk. The wall had a thin slit right where the table stood, and on it was a bottle of water and a plate of cookies – white chocolate chip, if I could make that out correctly. A PC sat atop the desk, already running. “it’s something…” The room was illuminated by a single, bare light bulb. I could make out the outlines of a door, but trying to open it was no good - it fit into the wall perfectly, and had no points of attack besides doorhinges that were protected by just as perfectly-fitting metal coatings. I wondered why they were inside the cell.

I then took a look at myself. My hands were clean – I was pretty sure I had some smeared ink on them yesterday. Further investigation showed that my nails were cut and clean underneath and the festival bracelets I’ve acquired over the last few years gone. My right wrist suddenly felt very naked. I felt a rush of anger coming, but quickly suppressed it. “There’s more important things now…” I was dressed in a simple black t-shirt and pants, but a look at the lable revealed it weren’t the same I went to bed with.

I grabbed a cookie and made my way to the PC, controlling my anger. “maybe it isn’t that bad…” The thought of the cookies being drugged or poisoned crossed my mind, but I quickly dismissed it – if whoever brought me here wanted me dead, it would happen anyway, so I might as well enjoy them. I sat down at the desk.

There was a chat window flashing, asking me for a username. No, I thought. I’m not playing your games. The Interface of the OS was completely empty beyond the chat window. I tried to press all the keys and usual key combinations, and nothing happened. I tried to shut down the PC, but it didn’t react to the power button. I ripped out the power cable. That worked somewhat in that the PC actually turned off, but turning it on again just brought up the same chat client. I made an attempt to go through every single possible combination of keys, but quickly gave up. I let out a long sigh.

Finally, I logged in to the chat client. I thought about using a fake username, but I figured if someone I know was in the same situation, it would be helpful to recognize each other. “Calm down. I don’t even know if others are in the same situation as me. I’m probably reading too much into this.” ”Yeah. You’re reading too much into being kidnapped. Of course. And Bush wasn’t after oil when he invaded Iraq.” I smirked. At least my cynicism still worked.

A list of members as well as a list of open conversations popped up. I clicked on one of them by chance and read through what was already written. I activated the bathroom and washed myself as good as I could at the sink before returning to the computer. The chat wasn't moving, so I figured it was my turn to write something.

Xaios \\\ Beguiled

Xaios \\\ _Arceus64_

Xaios: Hello...

Xaios: Well, I seem to be in the same situation as you.

Xaios: Umm... It seems like I can't really do anything except wait, right?

(OOC: your response gives the wrong impression after I edited my post according to it wink.gif)

Edited by Xaios

hypno.Platypus: Yeah, you're right.

P: But what do we do now?

P: I hope Carol will come back soon.

P: What do they even need us for?

P: Ransom?

P: Ugh. I think I need a nap.

Miss Dreamer: Okay, she's trustworthy, that much I believe too.

Miss Dreamer: Where does that leave us? It's not like we can press a button and tell her to get over here and rescue us.

Miss Dreamer: Also, I really don't think a Portal character would be here...but it's a possibility. I guess.

Miss Dreamer: Oh well. I'm bad at hatching escape plans.

I sighed in relief. They hadn't freaked out at me for freaking out at them, that was good.

MasterWeavile898: Alright, thank you

MW898: Dream, I was just following her analogy/making a horribubble pun

MW898: Carol didn't give us much to go on, but she did tell us what genre we're "in"

MW898: IDK about you guys, but I'm pretty Genre Savvy

MW898: So if we play along with whatever game these people are playing, we might have a shot

MW898: Basically: Don't resist and I'll try to get us out

MW898: Wait, but that's not my role...

MW898: Ah, what the hay, desperate times

MW898: Now then, we just have to figure out what their game is

MW898: I suppose we'll just have to wait for Carol until then, how about we all try to get some rest?

I pressed my palm to my eyes and slid them down my face, sometimes being trapped in a cramped stressful room could make one exceedingly tired, and stressed.

(OOC: It's 2:00 in the morning BTW, as evidenced by how tired I feel. There's a bit of time discrepancy though, so I suggest we all try to get to sleep so we can skip. Though those who just joined may be a bit stuck waiting for the rest of us to wake up)

I kept typing in the /nut command, but eventually I looked back at the screen. I was a bit shocked to realize that someone else had logged on to our chat, and I had missed several posts from both Doctor and... CyberGodJakku? Kind of long. I had to highlight his posts to read them at all, but I didn't mind much. Highlighting wasn't so difficult.

Doctor: Ah! God, your color is bright. Would you mind changing that? I had to highlight what you said to even read it.

Doctor: As for your situation, yes, you are kidnapped by some organization that has captured other people around your age group for current unknown purposes.

Doctor: We are currently trying to figure out the dependability of someone who is supposedly trying to "rescue us".

Doctor: So far, it looks like they are being way too awkward and quite vague as to why they are doing this and how they plan to get us out.

Didn't think that Doctor was serious? Well, that wasn't the wording I would use. 'I don't think you're telling the truth' was probably what he meant, which would be fair enough. He just woke up in a strange place after being kidnapped, and then someone claimed to be in the exact same situation? I had been chatting with Doctor for awhile now, and I still didn't quite trust him.

I looked back at Cyber's post. I don't know what day it is. Or month. Oh, I was such an idiot. I kept thinking 'How did they capture us all and find out our favorite cookies in one night?' I really had no idea how long I'd been out. I felt like hitting my head on the desk for assuming stupid things. How did I possibly have a chance at escaping?

Doctor: Believe whatever the hell you want.

Doctor: If you want to doubt me then go ahead ahead, I see no reason for you not to.

Doctor: I've already evaluated the situation and know where I stand. I'd suggest you do the same.

Doctor: Oh, and you haven't changed your text color yet. I would do that as a redeeming factor to your absurd name.

Oh, crap. Fighting. Why did people always have to fight? It was awful. Getting along would be so much nicer, and why did usernames matter so much? Getting irritated by colors was okay, especially when it was something so blinding, but still.

CyberGodJakku: Sh*t, I didn't even realize I chose that stupid name.

CyberGodJakku: I'm sorry I doubted you, I'm just stupid.

CyberGodJakku: But I really don't want to change my colour.

CyberGodJakku: It's a private thing.

CyberGodJakku: I want to do something productive now.

CyberGodJakku: I have no sense of terror. I'm just bored.

Zoroark77: Bleh, sorry, I was focusing on building my stockpile of peanuts.

Zoroark77: ...I should probably explain that. By typing /nut you get sent a small bag of peanuts, and I'm trying to see how many peanuts they have here. I think I may have over a hundred now, and there's still peanuts coming.

Zoroark77: Anyway, can we please all be calm and not fight? Fighting doesn't help anyone, and I really don't like fighting.

Zoroark77: I thought it wasn't possible to change your color? Didn't L.Carol say that you couldn't?

Zoroark77: ...Sorry, you've really missed a lot, Cyber. L.Carol is the guy that 'trying to rescue us', or so he or she says. He keeps popping into all of the chats and saying useless, unhelpful things.

Of course Zoroark pulled the whole "Guy's we have to stop fighting for the greater good," scenario. How cliche was that? If the new person's annoying name wasn't enough, now I had to deal with Zoroark trying to be a peacekeeper. I knew I should of just left my anger go and get over this, but I decided against it. I had a right to be upset and I wasn't going to let that go easily.

Doctor: Oh, right, sorry about that.

It was hard enough as it was to type that down. I folded my arms and mumbled hatefully to myself. I was quite finished with this and would prefer not to continue a conversation.

I should just see what the other two do. I don't exactly feel like chatting with either of them at the moment.

(Sorry for the horrid post.)

((Ha ha, oh god. This post is awful.))

Arceus64_: I'm sorry, but I really can't think of anything

_Arceus64_: My mind is too stressed about everything happening for me to even even consider doing something else

I stifled a groan, opting instead to force my hands even more tightly into my face. My heart was racing and tears, hot and sticky, ran down my raw cheeks. I choked back a sob with difficulty, a painful lump rising in my throat. I hugged my knees against my chest, and fought to control my wayward emotions. I had to calm down, I had to. Being panicked and frantic and anxious was not going to help.

_Arceus64_: Okay, something weird just happened

_Arceus64_: I'm not sure if it makes any sense, but it still happened

_Arceus64_: Someone sent me a package with cupcakes and a note

_Arceus64_: And the note was.....

_Arceus64_: Well, it was supposed to be romantic

_Arceus64_: Though right now is the worst time for someone to send me that

_Arceus64_: Especially since I don't like that stuff

_Arceus64_: But I get the feeling that they're spying on me

More text appeared on the screen, the lines popping up more rapidly than any conversation Arceus and I had had before. My forehead wrinkled. I had no idea what to think of this

Note? What?

I thought back to Arceus's earlier theory that we were being studied for our reactions. A note.. like that, whatever it was, seem engineered to get a reaction. Of course, all of this relied on Arceus's honesty and existence.

I hesitantly typed out a few words, my finger hovering over the enter key. I really didn't know how to react to this... this update. I glanced at the cold concrete floor below the slot, wondering if I had gotten something similar. I hadn't.

Beguiled: I really don't know what to tell you, Arceus.

Beguiled: I didn't get anything

Beguiled: Anything like that, at least

Beguiled: Sorry ^^'

Xaios \\\ Beguiled

Xaios \\\ _Arceus64_

I started, staring at the screen with wide eyes. Someone else had joined, evidently. I thanked them silently for the distraction. Instantly I felt guilty, and I buried my face in my blanket. Even though the chat list signified that other people would be here, I really hadn't anticipated that they would try to talk to me. I still felt like Arceus wasn't real, that they were just a creation of the chat client, but somehow this second person made the thought of our situation even more desperate.

I uncovered my face and peeked at the monitor. Arceus hadn't responded yet.

Beguiled: Hello, I guess

Beguiled: Augh, is that okay to say to someone when you find out that're ALSO kidnapped?

Beguiled: God I ****ing hate this

Beguiled: I'm sorry, ignore me

Beguiled: Every time I think I've calmed down I get reminded by something that I'm not

Beguiled: Not at home.

Beguiled: I really don't know what to tell you, Arceus.

Beguiled: I didn't get anything

Beguiled: Anything like that, at least

Beguiled: Sorry ^^'

I had little doubt that my message would be met with confusion, especially factoring in the strange circumstances. Before I could think longer into my predicament, my eyes widened in both surprise and unease as another user joined our chat.

Xaios \\\ Beguiled

Xaios \\\ _Arceus64_

Beguiled: Augh, is that okay to say to someone when you find out that're ALSO kidnapped?

Beguiled: Every time I think I've calmed down I get reminded by something that I'm not

After Beguiled had typed much quicker than what I had anticipated, I found myself worried that "Xaios" would think we were nothing more than a bunch of emotional prisoners as a result of the seemingly-angsty response. In an attempt to sound reassuring, I quickly came up with a reply that I hoped concealed most of my concern.

_Arceus64_: By situation you mean trapped in a small room, right?

_Arceus64_: If that's the case, then we are in the same situation

_Arceus64_: And about waiting, stuff has been happening frequently as of late

_Arceus64_: If you've recently woken up as well, I guess I can tell you a few things the two of us know

_Arceus64_: There's both a peanut chat command and a bathroom button

_Arceus64_: And no, I don't really understand how those things are possible

_Arceus64_: I guess we have no choice but to just play it by ear at this point

(OOC: Agh, why so short?!)

Edited by Bacon_Strips

((This took way too long))

Now that I typed my message looked kind of awkward, but that was to be expected under such circumstances. There were, indeed, more of us in this situation. From what they wrote, the others' rooms - or cells - were exactly the same, and I assumed that was true for the other users on the chat client as well. Might want to find out a little more about them later...

Beguiled seemed quite agitated, not that I would blame him. Or her. I was already getting fed up with this situation, too, and the chat log implied they were in their rooms for a longer time than me. Or, at least, awake for longer, after we've been brought here this night. As I thought about how to answer, Arceus began writing as well.

_Arceus64_: By situation you mean trapped in a small room, right?

_Arceus64_: If that's the case, then we are in the same situation

_Arceus64_: And about waiting, stuff has been happening frequently as of late

_Arceus64_: If you've recently woken up as well, I guess I can tell you a few things the two of us know

_Arceus64_: There's both a peanut chat command and a bathroom button

_Arceus64_: And no, I don't really understand how those things are possible

_Arceus64_: I guess we have no choice but to just play it by ear at this point

Xaios: Yes, that's what I mean. I'm in pretty much the same room, with cookies and this chat client.

Xaios: That's what I meant with waiting. I can read what you posted in the chat before I joined, so I half-know what's up.

Xaios: And don't worry about awkwardness, that's pretty much unavoidable in this situation.

I sighed, stood up, grabbed another cookie together with the water bottle and paced around the room uneasily. I was upset, but not so much at the situation as a whole, but at all the unpleasant details. The fact that there was no sunlight, no real shower, no clothes to change. That I didn't have anything with me. What I would do for a pen and paper right now...

After what felt like an eternity, I sat down at the PC again. There were no answers yet, but I decided I had to do something.

Xaios: Man this is annoying.

Xaios: I really want to do something. Not wait for L.Carol to reappear.

Xaios: Let's just try to gather as much information about this whole situation as we can.

I scrolled back up and read the chatlog again. There was a lot of freaking out, obviously, the posts by L.Carol, some swearing. The others seemed to be getting stuff that I didn't. Both of them got a sandwich while I was still sleeping, and there were cupcakes for Arceus, as well as a... romantic note? Whatever that meant.

Xaios: When I joined the client, there were about 10 users, and we don't know if that's all of us. I just joined right now as well.

Xaios: We all seem to be in exactly the same rooms, with our favorite cookies. That could be random, but... they gave us 3 different types, and favorites for everybody? I doubt that.

Xaios: How do they even know this?

Xaios: I don't know if that will help us though...

Xaios: One more thing. I got a note that said "Be Yourself". Signed by L. Did you get one too?

Xaios: And just for the record, I don't think that L. is the same as L.Carol, but we never know.

Xaios: I think I'll try to switch into a different conversation, if the client allows me too. Someone might know things that we don't.

I leant back in my chair and tried to breathe calmly. "Don't let this get to yourself. Panicking won't help you at all..." I could already feel that blind anger coming up inside me, but I managed to suppress it, yet. The thought of having allies in Beguiled and Arceus calmed me down somewhat, and L.Carol might actually try to help us. Or, maybe, not so much help us but make our stay here more comfortable... I doubted that, if things got hot, he or she would actually help us escape. Or maybe Carol was just a part of some sort of test. Maybe Arceus and Beguiled as well...

I shook my head violently to stop my thoughts from drifting. They only stirred up anger and desperation, things I really didn't need right now.

Grabbing another cookie, I began looking for a way to exit the current conversation.

Edited by Xaios