Rally Vincent

Show Random Gingerbread House

Just a simple suggestion - I like to browse Christmas Trees, Wreaths and Gingerbread Houses. I'd like to have a link in "Account" or someplace else to get to see a random Gingerbread House instead of having to visit a user's scroll or typing the username in the url manually.

As those items of hidden scrolls are inaccesible as well, those probably should stay inaccessable when the scroll is hidden.

Oh, that would be nice. I like to what others did as well. Although I would like to hide my wreath, it was a WIP and never got finished. sad.gif

But you can just go to other scrolls and check those.

Anyway, before we can check other people's *bonus* things, shoulndt we be able to see other scrolls as well?

Interesting. I do go back and visit mine, but rarely look at others, just because I don't go to other scrolls that often.

What about going to the page where your own tree/wreath/house is, and having a button for Tour? It sends you off on a tour of whichever collection you choose.

Just a thought.

And I don't think there is any reason to bother the scrolls of those who wish to remain hidden.

I really like this idea! Agree re: private scrolls, keep those private. Aside from that, I would love to be able to view / tour the other works done by members. I imagine a sort of 'gallery' to see their art - not just limited to viewing off of individual scrolls or those shared on the relevant threads. smile.gif

Support! We have it with wild released dragons why not this too? I just think people should have the option to either opt in and/or hide/show name.

I understand there might be server resource issues so I don't have an issue of a few minutes between each or max views per hour or info stating its not available during high traffic times.

Nice idea smile.gif

But what I'd even more love to see is a "show random described dragon" function (of course only on visible scrolls) - we can read random unapproved descriptions, but I'd love to also browse those that have been approved smile.gif

(Sorry for hijacking this thread, this just came to my mind when I read your suggestionand it is kind of related to what you are asking - if you'd like, you can edit it into your suggestion, or I can make another thread for this suggestion)

Honestly, if you do the tour option, there is really no reason to have the names show at all. It can just /show/ you a random house.

I think of it this way: When I drive around at night with the kids to look at the Christmas lights, I dont know anything about the people whose houses we are looking at. Sure, we make up stories about what the people are like based on their decorations, but for the most part, we have no idea who they are. It works for us. We are admiring the story they are telling us, and it doesnt matter who they are.

I really like this. It would be one more great way to procrastinate and be distracted by shiny things. laugh.gif

Really like the idea, including Thuban's doesn't have to show name at all idea. Whatever makes it easier to make happen. If some people want to take credit and thats just as easy, then great. but if it makes it easier to just be random random random random no names at all... I would be all for that too.

I want to see shiny things too besides dragons and eggs sometimes. Because if I want to see that much shiny dragons there are a few peoples' scrolls I view and I am blinded by the glitter and glam. I need some houses and wreaths and trees and .... Zombie Monsters.

Thats right TJ. I want to be able to decorate my own Zombie Monster next Halloween. RAWR. Ain't ever seen no monster like me. I rock the monster ball.

I'd like the idea of being able to randomly jump to see others, with or without any scroll information displayed per design or per account setting. I like looking at other peoples trees and houses. I think I avoid the wreathes because I am so ashamed of my own and don't want to feel worse about it xd.png

I do like this idea for gingerbread houses/wreaths/trees. I would like to add another idea.

Personally, I wish we could edit our trees/wreaths/gingerbread houses. I would like to add more stuff to my tree and be able to change things around. I'm disappointed with how I left my tree and want to add to it...

Honestly, if you do the tour option, there is really no reason to have the names show at all. It can just /show/ you a random house.

I think of it this way: When I drive around at night with the kids to look at the Christmas lights, I dont know anything about the people whose houses we are looking at. Sure, we make up stories about what the people are like based on their decorations, but for the most part, we have no idea who they are. It works for us. We are admiring the story they are telling us, and it doesnt matter who they are.

I like this version of this idea, although I wouldn't mind names showing either. Maybe you could opt-in to having your name shown?

Lol, mine was unfinished, so I'd be happy to not have names showing, or an opt-out on that.

But the tour idea is pretty cool - so many people had created gorgeous gingerbread homes I'd be happy to nibble on OR live in!