Shibadruid

Survival of the Youngest

user posted image

Liliana let out a loud shriek as a heavy weight toppled over her. It was frightening enough that she was out of her egg, and now things were falling from the sky? What next?! The Hellhorse lifted her head and sniffed at the dragon. It smelled unusual, nothing like what she was used to. She perked her ears as it called for... help? The word help sounded stupid the way it rolled of Rim's tongue. Liliana lashed her tail and shrieked at it.

"Get-".

She winced. The rock she was laying on was pressing her ribs against her lungs, inhibiting her ability to breath. She cough rather harshly before she rolled off of the rock. Liliana looked at her side and saw a black mark forming where the rock had been pressed against her- it was very tender and sore. The Hellhorse flared her nostrils in a fit of frustration and anger.

I don't want to feel bed! It makes me angry!

She turned her gaze on the Purple Dorsal and snarled, smacking her fairly large teeth together in an intimidating way.

user posted image

Rim tried to get up when the other hatchling snarled at him, fin closed all the way. His legs hurt and were shaking too much, so he had to settle with keeping his belly flat on the ground, staring at the other hatchling.

What did he do? Did he hurt the other hatchling by tripping on it? If so, he was sorry.

Very very very sorry. I don't mean ow. I sorry for hurt you. Very sorry.

He tried to say something, anything, but he never had a hatchling be angry at him for anything yet. He couldn't do anything besides lay on the ground and hope the other hatchling got his point.

Why I try to poke and run?! This all happen every I poke others?! I never poke again! Don't want hurt others!

----------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

He was in complete darkness. The warmth around him was a comfort, but the dark was...imposing. It was as if nothing was here but him and the warmth. The feeling that was completely new and scary with no name to him was none other than being alone.

Warm nice...and....too dark. Dark wrong, alone, no alone. Wrong, wrong dark, all wrong...

Maybe it was the sounds echoing in from nowhere. Maybe it was just him realizing something he never noticed before. Whatever it was, the hatchling wasn't going to stay.

Out...away dark...no wrong dark...out of dark....all warm, no dark...

Pushing forward, the feeling of his body moving at his command and thoughts foreign, he hit something with his snout. The feeling of something solid jolted through his body with shock and he froze, mind completely blank.

After a second of nothing, he pushed more of his body forward, leaning heavily on the black wall. His mind was still blank and his body seemed to be just moving from his left over emotions about the dark. There was a deep crack and white was above him, the dark lifting into a swirly gray.

White...no dark...white take dark gone....but...

The warmth was leaving now. It seemed to be sucked out of the crack, as if the white light was taking both the darkness and the warmth away from him. Not wanting this, he pushed with all of his might, widening the crack inch by inch.

He heard the creaking of the dark wall before it split, white taking over everything. He fell forward and landed heavily on the ground, eyes closed but still feeling the white and dark.

user posted image

He didn't make a sound but curled up, the feeling of moving his body getting more and more normal. Cold was everywhere and the white and black was everywhere.

White...no take dark...cold, no warm....wrong white...wrong dark...wrong cold....no want....no want...

The newborn stayed in the same position for awhile, trembling with the cold. His body slowly seemed to be taking the cold away, however, and his closed eyes seemed to just show the dark now, not the white. Everything stopped being wrong and horrible suddenly. It confused him greatly, this quick change from being wrong to right, but he couldn't think to much about it.

While his body seemed to not be as cold anymore, the ground was just as shivery and he didn't like that. Eyes still shut, he found his legs were of use. They shook and didn't feel that stable, but he was able to roll so that they were underneath him. Instinct made him use strength to push up, his body wobbling with shaky legs holding him up.

After a second of wobbling unsteadily in place, he raised his head and dared to open his eyes. All he had been seeing with them closed was the dark and he had just tried to escape that.

His eyes were new, so everything was blurry and unclear, but he was shocked. Everything was white and dark. White and dark was all that was there.

All dark....white? Every....dark...white? So...why...leave warmth? For...white...dark?

He continued to stare at the two colored world he was in. It seemed like he was in a cave, except he was very close to an open space of whites and blacks. Something moved and he turned his head slightly to stare at it. It was a creature that had some lines of white around it. What seemed weird to him was that the whites disappeared and then reappeared, moving around quickly.

The hatchling stood there, watching this other creature move away from the big darkness to his left and towards the white area with small blacks to his right.

Who...creature? Go....dark to...white....Like white more? White...better....black? Need...white?

user posted image

Liliana lashed her tongue at the Dorsal as she inched closer to him. Scaring Rim was just too easy. Just as Liliana began to thrash her tail around in a hurricane-like motion, she let out an involuntary moan of almost pure ecstasy. Her eyes widened as the strange sound escaped her purple lips. Was that, a positive response to something? The hatchling pawed at her mouth to keep it closed, but every time she breathed in through her nose the same sound emitted from it. She couldn't, for the life of her, figure out what it was; but whatever it was, it smelled good.

Liliana lifted her head and saw a red and cream coloured hatchling beside a freshly destroyed egg.

"Smell... too much good".

Liliana plopped her head back on the ground and grinned, eyes closed in a sudden bliss.

user posted image

Sparkly Scaler peered inside a bush. Nothing. Not much prey to be found. She had no idea what Calearn was doing <OOC: I have no idea either...> but she thought she smelt something. What was it? It smelled...gross. Like carrion. "Wait, 'carrion'? What's that?" Sparkly wrinkled her nose. There was it again. Forgetting about Calearn, she squeezed through the bush and on the other side, there was another creature, which now turned to look at her. It was (obviously) bigger than her and it had red fur. She looked at it curiously...and warily. Was it friendly?

The creature snarled at her.

It was not friendly. Sparkly gave a startled squeal and dodged to the side as the creature lunged.

"This...is not good," Sparkly muttered.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

"Smell... too much good".

Rim was more than surprised when the other hatchling stopped advancing and looking mad. It didn't make sense for a moment, and then he caught some sort of funny smell. It wasn't at all like that 'dead' hatchling, but completely different.

His stomach made an odd rumbling noise when he lifted his head and tried to get more of the smell. He had no idea where it was, but the other hatchling didn't look so angry anymore. Maybe he shouldn't stay around it.

It was his fault for hurting it, but he didn't like having someone being mean to him. He didn't like it at all.

Back to Madeline. And other other. No try to be friends with this other. I still sorry, but not nice. I not mean to you.

Struggling to his feet, legs still hurting from his trip over the other hatchling, he slowly backed away from the purple hatchling and, after moving away a few feet, he started towards where he thought Madeline and the other hatchling were. His belly was still making funny sounds and it kind of hurt, but, right now, Rim just wanted to get back to his friends.

He had already made up his mind that poking others was for Swallowtails, not Purple Dorsals.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

The hatchling still was trying to sort out his thoughts. To his left was a big darkness, though he could hear noises every once in a while. To his right was the big whiteness with a lot of little blacks. His eyes seemed to be getting better, but the two colors with funny odd lighter versions were everywhere. The other hatchling was still moving, but seemed intent on doing something.

Not....bother. Dark....to white...White better? Go white?

Turning his head towards the big whiteness, the hatchling observed how some of the smaller blacks and lighter versions seemed to be moving. Like how the white light flashing creature was moving, but not in the same way. Tilting his head, the hatchling dared to try and take a step.

His balance immediately shifted and he wobbled for a second before freezing and becoming still. Glancing at the ground and his claws, the hatchling looked back at the big whiteness. He wanted to go there. The big darkness reminded him too much of being behind the weird black wall and the whiteness looked better. Much better.

After a second, he tried to take another step. It was just as wobbly, but he figured that he had to freeze up to balance back out.

The way he was moving felt a little unnatural and may have looked incredibly weird, but it was getting him somewhere. After taking only five steps and then opening his mouth as he looked at the big whiteness again, he was distracted by a smell.

It was...interesting, to say the least. He had no idea what it was or where it was, but it wasn't too bad and he actually like it. Moving with the smell around didn't seem that awful.

Taking in a few breaths to catch the scent again, the hatchling continued his odd gait, aiming towards the opening of the cave.

He watched as the finned one returned, despite his best efforts of 'running' back and forth as if he would find him that way, he just couldn't find the other one. So he chirped excitedly when the finned one finally came back from behind a batch of eggs.

His expression was strange though... 'sad' came to his mind. Why was finned one sad? Was he hurt?

"Sad why?" He asked, wanting to speak, and use words like a few other hatchlings he heard.

((OOC: I'm guessing Sparkly found a fox?))

Calearn jumped onto a mouse, killing it swiftly and stuffing it into his mouth. The fur was hideous, but it was filling and caused him no end of joy. He had hunted food for himself! However, his pride in taking anther creature's life was quickly tempered as he heard a danger to his own. Stumbling quickly over to Sparkly, he saw a large, red creature attacking her. Crouching low, he clawed at it's large tail and almost fell over when he met with only strands of fur. It seemed that not everything was as thick as it seemed. Grumbling, Calearn pushed himself to his feet, and snapped a twig quite loudly. This only angered the creature, which turned around sharply and clawed at Calearn, who just barely got out of the way. His mind beginning once more to fill with bloodlust, he growled, well, at least this'll be interesting.

~~~~~

Madlia nodded, and replied, I-I see. B-but how do we s-show this to the others? W-where do we put it? The g-ground won't k-keep it for long. As if to prove her point, Madlia scuffed up the ground a bit, ruining a small portion of the 'map'. She sighed in sadness, and turned back to the Balloon hatchling. Are you a-almost done? She asked, hopefully.

user posted image

"Almost." Tahbaki murmured through a mouthful of leaves. He had stuck his whole face into the tree to reach the oranges within the branches. He had ended up getting a pawful of leaves into his mouth, but he found them yummy and came up with a different tactic instead. He had eaten away a small patch of leaves away to get to the oranges and procceeded to collect them. Arms and paws full with the round fruit, he began to descend back to the ground absentmindly. "Done!" He replied cheerfully, holding the bundles of oranges out to the Canopy dragon. "A-a piece of- orange."

user posted image

Sparkly Scaler watched as Calearn managed to snag the creature's attention. What was it? Sparkly had a feeling that she knew what it was called but she couldn't quite grasp the word in her head. Nevertheless, her main focus was to not get eaten by it...whatever it was. At the same time, she wanted to help. How? She didn't have any claws or even paws to begin with. She only had useless hooves. Sparkly hesitated as the creature clawed at Calearn. Then her instincts kicked in and she turned around, kicking out with her back legs.

Unfortunately, she missed completely and ended up sprawled on the ground. She had miscalculated the distance between her and the creature. Sparkly groaned, getting up. "Well, that was stupid..."

~~~

user posted image

Rale Rock finally uncurled himself and shook off the remaining droplets of water. He still felt embarrassed about his mistake and was glad that nobody had seen his fall. Except for Salta, but she probably wasn't paying attention. She seemed to be entranced by the river. Rale shrugged to himself, glancing at the cave before looking away. No, he would not return to the cave. Not yet. There were probably some new hatchlings and even though he felt that it was his duty to guide and protect them, he also thought that he couldn't really deal with all the distrust and hostility at the moment. When would this day be over?

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

"Sad why?"

Rim looked up at the other hatchling and huffed. Shaking his head, he raised his fin up a little and tried to look a little happier. Being sad because of the other purple hatchling wasn't a good excuse to him and he didn't want the other hatchling to try and find the purple one.

"Nnnothting. Nnott ssads. Jjusst...nnothting."

Rim suddenly remembered something. When he met Madeline, she had asked him for his name and then given him her own. He hadn't even given the other hatchling his name yet!

Raising his head up, the Dorsal looked over the other hatchling.

"Mmy nnamme iss Riim. Y-yoourss?"

Rim thought about the purple hatchling for a second as he waited. The weird smell had distracted it, allowing Rim to run back to his friends. The scent wasn't around him anymore, but his belly still felt funny. Though it made him curious, he wanted to talk to the other hatchling, not think about his belly.

Flaring his fin up, Rim pushed the purple hatchling out of his mind. He won't be trying to talk to it anytime soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

It had taken awhile, but the hatchling was now in what he assumed was the big whiteness. The blackness behind him retreated and he was surrounded by light. The ground felt a little different, which caught his attention from staring at everything.

Looking down at where his feet were placed, he saw a bunch of long, grey strands. They moved slightly and some of them were bent, while others were standing up. Tilting his head, the hatchling thought about how funny they looked.

Doing...nothing. Just...standing up. Or bent...over. Standing or bent. Not...moving around.

Raising his head up, the hatchling studied his surrounds a little closer. The strands were small, so there must have been a lot of small, grey things that he missed when he first looked around. Turning to the right, he spotted a long, winding thing that was grey and black and white. All the colors around him, really. There also seemed to be a few more creatures over there as well. They were the same different colors as the long winding thing, except they weren't moving as fast and as quick.

Taking a few more awkward steps onto the grey strands, the hatchling continued to look at everything. While the creatures made him curious, the whole world caught his attention even more. There were really tall things to his left and then a bunch of wide open spaces.

Sniffing, he could still smell that yummy scent. It wasn't unwelcome, however. At least he had something wandering with him.

Smell nice. Like smell. Want smell to stay.

((OOC: I am so sorry for not being online! If this post is not very good, please forgive me, as I am frantic to get back in the loop of things! Also, if anyone could fill me in on some of the details (I only have a summary of some things) that would be great!))

Tenebris

Tenebris skulked away from the other hatchlings, and out of the cave, sticking to the shadows as he did so. They were all just a bunch of unknowns, threats to him. He would be able to take care of himself fine without them. Or so he thought. After wandering around for most of the day in a nearby forest, Tenebris had found nearly nothing besides a couple of small rodents to snack on. Now, he was hungry, and thirsty. Also, maybe a bit lost.

<OOC: This is what my brain can squeeze out. happy.gif >

user posted image

That was it. Rale Rock needed to do something useful. He didn't care what, just as long as he did something that helped the other hatchlings. Getting up onto his paws, he took a few cautious steps forward before breaking into a run towards the forest. Of course, he ended up stumbling the entire way and at one point, he tripped over his tail, sprawling onto the grass.

At least he did reach the forest. Rale crept through the bushes, looking around warily. Now what?

Edited by Dream_Dragon

he tilted his head, "nnamee...? Rim?" he pointed to the hatchling, "Riim, you?"

If the hatchling called himself Rim, did he need to call himself something too? What would he be called?

So he retreated his claw and poked his own chest, "I namme... namee me Mne... Mane..." he attempted to make a word, messing with it a little, until he finally said: "Manes... Maddess! Madness!" He knew that word meant something. It sounded cool so it had to have some meaning! "I Maddness!" he still stuttered a little, but he felt happy to have a name!

He looked at Rim with a wide grin, "I nameed Madness!"

user posted image

Kummaline raised his head from the thorny bushes, blinking periodically.

This is... different. This is definitely not what I was expecting to happen. I suppose I need to rethink my experiments and change some of the... different things.

Note to self: I need to make up some new words so I don't sound so poorly spoken.Kummaline padded towards the Pygmy and the Pumpkin and twirled his tail about.

"Hunt sounds good. We go now" he commanded. He didn't try to sound commanding, but his personality had a hard time coming through his voice. Kumma crouched down and licked up one of the bitter berries that he threw before, licking his scaly lips as he did so.

"On my back go".

The Spotted Greenwing flicked his head back and laid down so they could 'climb aboard'. He supposed he could carry around two of the dragons if Venus was fine.

user posted image

Liliana squinted her eyes is dismay as the heavenly aroma soon left the cave. Her vicious nature quickly returned with a vengeance as she snapped out of her trance like state. Her nostrils flared and her breathing became heavy as she attempted to stand on her scrawny stilt-like legs. Balancing was a real challenge for Liliana, wobbling and swaying everywhere. Her tail smacked against the pointy rocks, and her disproportional hooves clopped together with every step.

"Curses! I mad at... hadfleg!".

The Hellhorse's vocabulary was indefinitely limited to a few cuss words that she inherited somehow, and just a sort of aggressive list of words were ingrained into her brain. Liliana huffed as she slipped and fell onto her rump.

I will not surrender so easily!

user posted image

Blub, blub, blub.

Small bubbles of oxygen left the babes lungs as it waddled back in forth in it's egg. The confined space began to make it feel uneasy and claustrophobic, so it began kicking the walls that confined it. It's scrawny arms poked and prodded at the inside of the shell, chipping away at it piece by piece. As the first piece fell, a terrifying bolt of light shined itself into it's eye. Come to think of it, "it" is a he. The male Black Tea yelp from withing the exotic- scented egg, but not a sound came from his lips. The light scared him, but the small space terrified him more. With a few smacks of his cat- like tail and slashes from his claws,

user posted image

Ryker broke free from his egg and yelped for help as chilling winds brushed up against his newly formed hide. Ryker squinted his eyes as a cloud of dirt attacked his face. He let out a snort before quivering at the sight of... nothing.

((Sorry it took so long ;n; ))

Edited by LegendOfKorraFan

user posted image

The hatchling sniffled, wiping a paw across her snout to clear away the snot. Her eyes stared blankly at the rough, dark stone. Her mind whirled with possibilities of language and noise and communication.

Gerrri..? Rau. Geriauuu.

She rolled the syllables on her tongue, feeling how the words shaped in her mouth. There was significance in this, she was sure. It would take some thinking to unlock the mysteries of this strange phenomenon of sound, but she had her whole life before her. There were no pressing issues for her to attend to, save this one.

So, lost in thought, she rocked on her rump, sucking a claw for concentration.

user posted image

The hatchling hid in the corner as more and more other hatchlings emerged from eggs and escaped the dark cave. The hatchling, whom had stood in the mouth of the cave, gazing around in awe, had been scared off by the other beings wishing to go elsewhere. Sparks of white escaped his skin as he watched the area around him closely. More eggs had hatched, and more hatchlings began conversing. More nonsense unfolded, and more connections were gained. The Electric had watched the newborns try to form words, he say them interact with one another and form bonds. It was... fascinating, really. He enjoyed seeing others smile and be happy. He felt a warm tug in his chest whenever he felt the positive energy from one of the other hatchlings. Feeling someone else feel happy, made him giddy. He himself did not feel happy, but the sheer fact that others had that emotion at hand made him quite pleased. However, that burst of joy springing in his chest would fade at the first sign of someone nearing the mouth of the cave. The hatchling would cower, his sparks intensifying and his body pushing back towards the darkness. Each time a hatchling left, the more he grew away towards the beauty of the light. His stomach was pulling at him now. He needed to consume something. The urge to hunt compelled him. But yet, his cowardly mind took over him. The hatchling shivered in the corner, hoping, praying, that no one would find him. He enjoyed watching the others, but getting close to them was far beyond his reach. He couldn't bear to think about even talking with another soul. He just couldn't! It was unbearable! So, the hatchling watched the others, but kept his distance, for his was a lonely soul who had no plans to make himself feel better.

Madlia smiled cheerily, and replied, thank you! She picked up the oranges, and started walking back to the cave, oblivious to the fight nearby. Flexing her back legs, she continued, I'll t-take these to the cave. T-that way others can eat. Pleased with this idea, and that her sentences were becoming more coherent, she began to roll the oranges back to the cave, but quickly found that there were too many to keep track of. In order to fix the problem, Madlia promptly ate an orange, and learned that the skin tasted horrible, but the insides were delightfully tangy. Bleh, she said, spitting out the skin, don't eat the o-outside part! Her problem now solved, and her hunger sufficiently sated for the time being, Madlia rolled the remaining oranges to the cave, and placed them in a small divot. Looking around at the hatchlings, many new, she announced, we h-have fruit! J-just make sure you d-don't eat the s-skin, and that you l-like the taste. Walking further into the cave, she repeated her announcement once more before noticing an Electric somewhat separate from the others. Attempting to be friendly, Madlia walked up to him, and said, hey! I s-saw you before, but did-dn't get to speak with you. W-what's your name? Edited by Shibadruid

user posted image

The hatchling's eyes went wide as a small female came up to him.

No! No, no, no, no, no!

"I-Ack, no, erm, ngh," The hatchling spat out strange sounds as he began to back away further from green hatchling. He didn't want to interacted with, not one bit. It terrified him out of his mind.

What is she going to do? Is she going to attack? Will she bite me? I don't want to get bitten! I want to be left alone! Why can't people leave me alone? Why?

The hatchling let out a small yelp as his rump hit against the wall of the cave. His parks intensified and few in numbers as panic took over.

"N-Nen! No!" he barked as he ran away from the wall. Unfortunately, he managed to nearly run into the other hatchling. He skidded to a stop and backed away from her, his eyes wide with terror.

"N-Nein!" he cried. "S-Stop, no! G-get away!" Nearly tripping over his tail, the hatchling sped away towards another section of darkness in the cave. He wished no one would spot him, but he knew that his sparks would probably attract attention.

Darn sparks! Why are you even here? I don't want to be noticed, go away!

user posted image

As soon as the green hatchling entered the cave, Ryker became nervous. That sinister look in her eyes, the way she bit the orange, sporting fruit blood everywhere. She even threw it's skin on the ground! Ryker's face filled with disgust and terror as she approached. He tried to run away, but his weak legs couldn't carry his weight just yet. But the worst part was, before he even knew it, another dragon, scarier than the first had charged at the green one. It's screams sounded like bloody war cries. Ryker was scared out of his wits, but he couldn't move; he still wasn't able to stand! As the Electric zoomed past him, Ryker recoiled into his broken shell and began to quietly sob,

"S-s-s-s-scarr...".

Edited by LegendOfKorraFan

user posted image

Sparkly Scaler backed away as the creature now turned to her. What had she been thinking?! She wasn't a fighter, she couldn't fight with hooves! She was small, she was weak, she could not possibly take down the creature. It looked like an adult too! It snarled before lunging at her, which she quickly made an odd sound by instinct and dodged to the side. "What the...did...did I just whinny?" She skidded on her hooves before stopping to turn around and face the creature again. She hrrumphed as fiercely as she could at it. Whatever the odds, she wasn't backing down.

~~~

user posted image

Rale Rock stopped before he could go any further. The nagging feeling inside of him hadn't gone away. It told him to return to the cave, to protect the new hatchlings, to comfort the scared ones. He knew that there had been some hatchlings who were already hunting for food. Why not take care - or more likely, keep company (since he's still a hatchling himself) - of the others back at the cave? With a sigh, he turned around and squeezed back out through the bushes. After taking a few pawsteps forward, he stopped, looking around.

All the frustration, worry, and fear he had felt just now vanished as heat shone down onto him. Come to think of it, what was that glowing orb of light in the sky? Rale thought that he'd like to call it the "sun". Maybe he would ask the others about it. That was when Rale realised that he hadn't really made any friends...yet. The black hatchling he'd talked to earlier seemed friendly enough, but he also seemed a bit stiff. The hatchling with glowing yellow energy seemed way too frightened to trust him...however, Rale was confident that he would earn the hatchling's trust. Somehow. Rale took another glance at the cave. Time to return.

The cave seemed to be a hive of activity as Rale peeked in. There were some new hatchlings...and the yellow hatchling seemed to be freaked out all over again. Rale sighed and decided that it would probably be best to leave him be for now. As his eyes skimmed over the scene, he took note of a certain hatchling that seemed to be cowering in its shell. Curious, he went over to the black egg, which had a rather interesting pink design. He approached the egg cautiously, not wanting to scare the hatchling within it.

"H-hello?" he said quietly, "I-I'm R-Rale Rock."

<OOC: OH YEAH, sudden writing inspiration is awesome! biggrin.gif >

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Tenebris suddenly heard a noise. It didn't sound like something large, so it could potentially be food. And he needed it. And so, the young hatchling rushed off as fast as one could on a very empty stomach, and towards the noise. When he finally got to what seemed like the source, he saw two funny looking creatures. The one with it's back to him was red and furry, while the other one was devoid of furs, and was purple. It almost looked like the other dragons he'd seen earlier, but none of them had... Hoofs?

user posted image

Sparkly Scaler caught sight of a black figure behind the creature. Taking her eyes off the snarling creature for a moment, she squinted to get a better look but the creature took advantage of her distracted moment and leaped, knocking her down. She squealed and just managed to avoid getting bitten by shifting her head to the side. She kicked out as hard as she could with her hooves, but it didn't seem to affect the creature much. If anything, it only seemed to get angrier.

"Uh...a lit-little h-help?" she managed to choke out as fear finally overtook her.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

With a snarl, Tenebris charged towards the creature to come to the purple creature's aid. Tackling it's side, he was just able to get is off of her, but now it was biting and scratching at him, and so he fought back with tooth and nail,.

Calearn growled, stood up, and lunged at the fox. When he saw the Black, however, he stopped and growled, what don't you understand about the phrase 'my fight'. Fine, I could use help this time and this time only. Don't expect me to deal with you any more than that. Getting back to the fight, Calearn sliced at the fox's side, causing it to begin bleeding, but also enraging the fox, which proceeded to bite Calearn's left hind leg. He kicked, but couldn't free himself of his own accord. Feeling light-headed, Calearn growled, thi-is is what I g-get for helping you ... before passing out. He was still a hatchling, after all.

~~~~~

Madlia was confused by the hatchling's antics. She just wanted to be friendly. Smiling sweetly as she followed, she said, so your name is Nein? That's a nice name. B-but why are you running? I-I just want to be y-your friend. I g-got you food, she said, offering the orange she had brought with her. However, remembering the last time Nein had run away, she placed it in front of herself and stepped back, allowing the hatchling to eat in peace, if it so pleased. Sighing, Madlia sat down on a patch of rough ground. However, she quickly got up, grumbling, when she determined that the cave was not a good place to be sitting. The grass is much softer and nicer, she said absentmindedly.

Edited by Shibadruid

user posted image

Sparkly Scaler got up and flinched when the creature bit him in the leg. She frowned when the creature wouldn't let go.

"L-let h-him g-g-go!" she hissed, running forward and headbutting the creature in the, well, butt (tail?). The creature turned, snarling, in which it let go of Calearn. However, its attention was now back at Sparkly. Sparkly thought quickly, looking desperately at the ground for something that could help her defend herself. Spotting a pebble near her hoof, she tried kicking at the creature but it went spinning on the dirt instead. Sparkly looked up to see the creature leaping at her. Her natural instincts kicked in and she went running off to the left in the nick of time as the creature slammed down onto the spot where she had just been a few moments ago. She stared at the creature with fearful eyes as it now turned to face her.

<OOC: Also, I hope you don't mind that I made the fox drop Calearn...>

Edited by Dream_Dragon