Shyrus

Minecraft: The Dark Army's Rising.

Samuel flopped to the ground." Dammit.." He had nothing but blaze powder, a handful of slime, and a shovel. The slime had oiled up the flint and steel too badly to create anymore sparks. He threw it into the.. Carcass? Mess? Body? Whatever you call a dead slime's corpse and walked out of the hole in the wall.

After what seemed like a long time, Samuel came out of a pit in the ground. The hole closed up just as his foot cleared the rim. He spotted several people ahead. He walked forward calmly." Excuse me, peasants, I mean.. Good citizens, do you know of any way back to the city? And could you let me take a look at your maps?" He brushed a stray fleck of slime off his suit.

Before anyone could really get to sleep, someone else emerged from the cave. Aaron thought this was unusual, as how Maelik was probably the safest place to be yes everyone was leaving. Maybe people left regularly and he just never noticed?

“Well, fellow peasant,” Aaron snapped, “You're on your own. Getting out of the city is easy but getting back in is a different story. The city was made to keep intruders out. You shouldn’t have left in the first place.”

Aaron sat on a rock at the mouth of the cave keeping watch, ignoring the man and any further inquires or statements.

((the timeskip will take place once you're ready Melo.)

"Crap. And I didn't leave. I was kidnapped and forced out." He sighed. He took out his shovel and looked around for any mobs.

(Sorry about short post!)

“Yeah, yeah, sure, whatever. Look, the sound coming from your mouth is making me pretty irritated so I’ll make things short. You can rather leave, or contribute to the group. And quiet down, these people are trying to sleep.”

Aaron turned back to the mouth of the cave. “And put your shovel down, if anyone opens their eyes and sees you they'll assume you're here to bash in their heads.”

(aaaand warp speed to-- *ahem* I mean, time skip.)

Aaron had volunteered to take watch twice. He was good at staying up late, and everyone elsed seemed too tired.

He watched the sun rise over the plains. Throughout the night he had seen a couple monsters. He saw another skeleton and a zombie, but they where too far off to worry about.

He had heard a couple sounds but he dismissed them as they weren't too alarming.

By now the coast was clear.

Aaron took a look behind himself, everyone else was still asleep. He got up and stretched. It wouldn't hurt to stay just a couple yards away. Besides, if anything happened he would take notice before anything horrible could happen, right?

Taylor

She awoke with a yawn. Aaron was awake already sitting a few feet away. She looked around at the biome. Why can't it be more interesting? She asked herself. Maybe we should start moving today. Monsters will more likely be here trying to get inside the city. Nobody else was awake so far, Aaron seemed like he wanted to be leaved alone so she opened her inventory and searched through it. She had a few things but not a lot. Maybe I could save half my food for later and some now. Taylor told herself. She took a cooked chicken out and took a piece of the cold dead body. She put the rest back and ate what she had in her hand. It tasted fine but chicken wasn't exactly her favorite. Hopefully the others have their own food... Her thoughts trailing off.

((Alex is still asleep so...))

Ember

Ember woke up in a bad mood. Really, four people (including her) just happened to leave their safe little city on the same day, during the middle of the night? Surely that wasn't normal. The appearance of a fifth person (while she was trying to sleep) hadn't helped, nor had her hunger and fear that they wouldn't find enough food.

She sat up and rubbed the bridge of her nose, trying to feel less irritated. Sighing (sure hadn't done that enough times the previous day), she placed her raw chicken in the furnace and lit it with the embers of the campfire. Fortunately, Taylor at least seemed to have her own food. Ember didn't know if any of the others had food, but she wasn't planning on sharing. Feeding herself and Flare would be hard enough, with the chicken, an apple, and a loaf of bread that she had in her inventory.

When the chicken was done cooking, she pulled it out of the furnace and ate half of it. Flare looked at her with pleading eyes, so she threw him the rest of the carcass. She still felt hungry, but she couldn't afford to eat any more. Where could you even find food on the surface? Once there had been plenty of wildlife, but the Nether Warriors probably hadn't helped their populations. The group could have probably found apples, if there was a tree in sight. Maybe one of the others knew where to find food, but the only thing Ember felt like she could really help with was combat. Not that that wouldn't be helpful.

Samuel woke up with a start. He shouted" Oh my notch! I had this horrible dream where I had to be near these peasants and.." He looked around." Dammit." He had slept a distance away from the others. The nightmare had been real after all."what now?" He asked them.

((That 'tomorrow' was much longer then I expected. >_> ))

Aaron looked back and saw that a couple people had woken up.

At first he looked at Samuel, and how he was dressed. Aaron was most curious as to why he was out here, of all places. He didn't look like someone who could survive very long in the current conditions.

Walking back to the cave Aaron wanted to know exactly why everyone was out here and where they where going. “Okay guys, I'm not too keen on the idea of waiting to figure out who you all are or why you're here after you stab me in the back of leave me for dead, so i'm going to ask now. Why are you out here? If you're a bunch of guards making sure I don't make it back into the city then you can calm down already- I have no intention of going back.”

Edited by Shyrus

"I got kidnapped and forced out. I don't really care whether you go back or not, and I sure as hell ain't a guard." Samuel retorted. He rubbed his eyes sleepily. Standing up to stretch his legs, he turned back to the others.

"Since I'm here, I might as well find out your names. I'm Samuel."

Ember

"Oh my notch! I had this horrible dream where I had to be near these peasants and... dammit."

Peasants? Really? This person was sure to be even more annoying than the rest, thinking he was better than everyone else like that. Well, whatever status he used to have didn't really matter now. If he had survival skills, great for him. Maybe he'd have an actual chance at survival, but right now it didn't seem like it. The high-class never seemed to have anything useful but greed and ambition.

“Okay guys, I'm not too keen on the idea of waiting to figure out who you all are or why you're here after you stab me in the back of leave me for dead, so I'm going to ask now. Why are you out here? If you're a bunch of guards making sure I don't make it back into the city then you can calm down already- I have no intention of going back.”

Ember narrowed her eyes. "Why would the guards go to so much trouble to keep you out? I'm not quite sure, but I would think that there wouldn't be too many volunteers for climbing out onto the surface to keep out criminals. Besides, have you seen those doors? They don't need anything else to keep people out. You could explain why you're here, first." Oh, joy, she was traveling with a bunch of murderers, wasn't she? Well, it made sense. Criminals had a reason to leave, didn't they? "Have I mentioned my name? It's Ember."

((Sorry, I didn't see that you'd edited until Melomancer posted.))

Edited by Backup77

(Those cringe-worthy moments that you realize despite spelling check you make the most amount of typos. o_- )

“Fine, fine, my name is Aaron Miller. I was kicked out because I had stolen some stuff, killed one or two people who happened to get in my way, and caused some havoc. Yep, you heard me.” Aaron pulled out his knife, opened it, and threw it in the air. “I'm a thief and a murder. But don't worry, I don't kill people unless they get in my way. Unless you're planning to keep me from getting to my destination, you should all be fine.”

the knife fell back down and Aaron caught it without hassle. “I'm on my way to the next city over, Kahni. I want a clean slate, and if all else fails, well, that means I have more stuff I can steal. It's more or less a win-win situation for me. Anyways, it's nice to meet you all I guess.”

Edited by Shyrus

Ember

Okay, well, this was bad. Ember had sort of considered that she might have been traveling with murderers and thieves, but she hadn't really thought about it. Rage bubbled up inside of her, but she tried to squash it down. Remember what happened last time you did something stupid? Yeah, that hadn't been fun. She really wasn't eager to repeat the 'almost dying' bit, but how good could Aaron possibly be with that knife? If she could just draw her sword, she could probably-

And then what? 'Not a murderer', remember? Ah, yes. Good point, and if she starting attacking Aaron the others would probably side with him. Well, she couldn't just let him leave to steal from more innocents, not in any town. Besides, there was the fact that it wouldn't be difficult for him to stab her in the back while she was sleeping.

Hm, but there wasn't much chance of any of them getting to the next town, anyway. It wouldn't be her fault if a skeleton got him, would it? No one would blame her if she was bit slow in helping. Nothing obvious, but who payed attention to much in a fight?

"Well, lets see. I was a spelunker, and as you probably don't know or care about almost all of the caverns near Maelik have been cleared already," said Ember, eyes blazing with anger. "So, when some thieves came and not-so-politely asked for my emeralds while holding a sword to my throat, I lost all of the money I would get for another month or so. Because I'm not a thief or a murderer, I left. Don't expect much sympathy from me." Looking out of the exit of the cave, she could see daylight streaming in. It was horribly bright and painful, and made her squint, but she would have to get used to it. "Let's go as soon as everyone else has finished their life stories," she said as she started to gather up her furnace, crafting table, and bed.

Edited by Backup77

Samuel brushed the dirt off his silk pants. "Alright, I guess I'm stuck with you guys, where to next?"

Taylor

"Well I was getting tired of city life. It was to boring and bleak." She said. So a murder, rich kid, and a spelunker. Not to bad. Ores, someone who knows how to survive and a whiny useless guy that will most likely get killed.

Alex

"I decided to follow her because she can be reckless." He said. His voice was clearly saying he just woke up and he only heard a bit.

“Well we're all stuck out here, and we're not going in. You guys can do whatever you want, I’m leaving by myself.”

Aaron turned around and started to walk away, but a something clicked in his head. That skeleton and spider almost finished him off. He wouldn't last long out there alone. He hated to admit it, but he needed someone else.

“...On second thought, None of you really have destinations, you're kind of just wondering around. Why don't you come with me to Khani?”

Aaron turned to Taylor, “You said you where sick of city life, right? Well I’ve been to Khani before. There's a small village just outside the city. You can still get supplies from the city, but you live further out in the open. Of course the mobs are dangerous, but i'm sure the locals have found ways to deal with 'em.”

Aaron spoke once more to the group as a whole. “Let's face it, we all need somewhere to go. Khani's only a couple days north of here.”

Ember

"Well I was getting tired of city life. It was to boring and bleak."

Ember blinked in shock, and was so surprised that she almost didn't even hear what Alex said next. Someone left because she war bored? Okay, maybe not everyone liked being underground, but no matter how boring life might be you didn't just throw it away! Maybe Taylor would be able to get to the next city, but then what? Alternately, did she just think that the journey would be fun or something? It certainly wouldn't be boring, at least.

The thought of the next city made Ember feel a bit uneasy. Taylor might find the next city as boring as Maelik had been, and Ember herself could find it as empty of ores. How could if she could even find any work? Had she stepped outside of the relatively safe city for nothing? These thoughts weren't very enjoyable, so Ember started to listen instead of thinking more.

“Well we're all stuck out here, and we're not going in. You guys can do whatever you want, I’m leaving by myself.”

Well, bye then. Ember would still be traveling with a crazy thrill seeker, the crazy thrill seeker's friend, and a useless rich guy. At least the murderer was leaving.

“...On second thought, none of you really have destinations, you're kind of just wondering around. Why don't you come with me to Khani?”

Ember sighed. It had been too good to hope for. Well, she could always refuse and go off on her own, couldn't she? Yeah, you just do that. Then you can be alone when you starve to death! Hm, starving to death or being stabbed in the back. Well, the stabbing at least would be over quickly. As much as Ember hated to admit it, she really didn't have any survival skills. Finding food? Nope. Building a fire without a flint & steel? Also no. Sure, if a skeleton attacked her she'd most likely be fine, but a spider could always ambush her and then she'd be dead!

Well, that made the decision for her. Starving to death and spiders? No way. Anyway, it was just a couple of days. It'd be okay, wouldn't it? "Alright, fine," she said. "I'll come with you." Hopefully, she wouldn't regret that.

((Ok, I'm new. I'm not sure where everyone is, so please tell me if I encounter anyone!))

Mia swung her pick, and broke through to the surface. "Finally! Daylight!" she said. "I wonder how long I've been down in that cave... I wonder where Herobrine and Notch are?" She looked down at Zeditha, her wolf, who was following her. "Well, whatever's happened, we'll tackle it." Zeditha licked her master's hand, and together they headed out of the forest. Mia's hand jingled the many diamonds, emeralds and other things she had mined through the past years.

((We're not near a forest. (see the map.) But we can fix that in a couple posts.))

Aaron looked out into the field. “Well there's no use in standing around here. I'm leaving now, so follow if you want. But if you're planning to come along, be useful. There's nothing I hate more then deadweights.”

The statement was mostly directed at Samuel. Aaron worried about his usefulness to the group.

Packing up the last of his things, Aaron departed from the makeshift camping spot, making his way north. “If we hurry we can get there in a couple days,” he called back to the group. He didn't want to waste time. Being out in the open was dangerous. He just wanted to get to the city. If Kahni had survived this long, then the city wasn't going to fall any time soon.

Taylor and Alex

They followed Aaron towards the city. He said if we hurried it wouldn't take long. "Then let's hurry." She commented. "The faster we get there the better." Alex said. They continued walking when they remembered that they forgot to grab their stuff. Taylor ran back tabbed it and ran to Aaron and Alex. She summoned her horse and hopped on wanting to save her energy. That was important after all. Taylor was being a bit selfish not letting the Alex with his medal leg ride but she didn't think about it and her horse was stubborn soooo....

Mia came to the edge of the 'forest' surprisingly quickly. Looking back at it, she realised it was a tiny bunch of trees, nothing more. Shrugging, she carried on towards the town in the distance.

((Sorry for the late post.))

Ember

Ember picked up her stuff, and headed out of the shelter, squinting in the sunlight. She wasn't too worried about not being useful; maybe there wouldn't be many caves to explore alng the way, but there would certainly be fights. She just hoped that the other's wouldn't see her fear of spiders as a weakness. Currently, they didn't know, but that could change quickly. Well, even if they did find out they'd still need her. Aaron didn't seem to have that much of a problem with fighting, but Taylor and Alex hadn't helped with the fight at all and Samual seemed pretty useless. They'd need protection. Besides, Aaron's comment seemed to be mostly directed at Samual.

It was cool outside for now, with the sun still rising, but the sky was mostly clear. A few fluffy clouds floated in the sky. The light breeze could help cool them down, but it seemed like it would be a warm, bright day. Great. Why did the weather always have to be so awful? Would it hurt for it to be a nice, ovecast day? Being above ground was bad enough without it being so bright. Ember hated the way the sunlight always seemed to find places to bounce off of straight into her eyes. At least the sudden bursts of pain would be helpful in finding water.

((Is my description of the weather okay?))