Shyrus

Minecraft: The Dark Army's Rising.

Ember

Thunk, thunk, thunk. The sound of the stone pick hitting the coal ore bounced off of the walls of the cavern that Ember was exploring. She sighed as she picked up the last piece of coal. She had reached the end of the cavern, and only had nine pieces of iron ore, twenty piles of Redstone dust, six emeralds, and fifteen pieces of coal. The cavern had seemed large and promising at first, but had turned out to be shallow and didn't have much in it but zombies. Rotten Flesh wasn't good for much other than dog food, unless you were fine with being sick.

She stood up and walked through the tiny, rough passage, with Flare trailing behind. Eventually, she made it to the merchant area of the city, and found the stall that she usually sold the ores, etc. that she mined. "Nine iron, twenty Redstone, thirteen coal," she told the man bluntly. She would keep two pieces of the coal to make torches out of.

"Um... Four hundred fifty emeralds," he replied.

"Come on! I know that that's half of what it's worth." Ember didn't really feel in the mood for haggling.

"Not today, it's not."

"Fine, maybe not twice as much. But that's still under priced."

"I can't afford to pay you more! You know that food prices have been going up."

"Which is why I need to be payed more. Five hundred fifty emeralds."

"Five hundred."

Ember hissed quietly. "Fine." She passed over the ore, Redstone and coal, and received the stacks of emeralds. She had to pay the person who discovered the cave, and it could be weeks until another cave was discovered. Until then, she would have to either find odd jobs to do or mine some tunnels in the hope that she'd either find some ores or run into a cave. Ember hated mining tunnels. It was hot, difficult work, and was terribly boring. She also had to use iron picks to make any sort of progress, and the amount of time it took to find anything was ridiculous compared to spelunking.

((Let me know if you think I should change the emerald prices))

(( I left the prices kind of open so you could all decide. I gave a small example, you guys take it where you want it. tongue.gif ))

((Sorry if ya know I'm stealing the 'only thief role' I just thought it would make it interesting. Tell me if you want me to change anything.))

Taylor

This one was in her usual spot. Watching and waiting. When she finally figured out she couldn't afford the food or items she started to steal. Her strategy was simple. First you have to bump into someone, second you have to apologize and do what ever you can to help with simple things, then you grab the items and run. But today she was feeling in the mood for more of a fun adventure. She was looking around at all the shops. What do I need, what do I need. Taylor thought. Food. Which I can't afford. She looked at a shop with a cat and some chicken. Seems easy enough. Her next target would be that ore shop. She walked up slowly, but not suspiciously and looked at what this had. Chicken? It's in horrible condition but it's food. She was pretty sure she heard the cat meow as she started to run off. Everyone else was doing there own thing so no one would easily notice her.

((Sorry for short post but this is the shortest I'll ever make. Promise.))

((It wasn’t in your character sheet that your character was a thief. I don’t mind if she steals things from time to time but for the most part stick to what you wrote down. Also, no need to worry about a post of that length, that’s enough. I’ll be posting tomorrow guys. ))

((Remember, Cats have claws))

The strange woman ran off almost as quickly as the thief.

"I wonder what that was fer?" Marcus pondered, before shaking his head. He had better things to do than standing around here. pocketing the emeralds, Marcus climbed down from the roof, and headed back to the market.

=================================================

Taylor hadn't made it far before the cat sprang after her. Digging it's claws into the back of her shirt, the cat clambered over her shoulder, swiped it's claws at the hand clutching the bird, and reclaimed it's prize. The cat then sprang away with the chicken and returned to the stall.

"Last fella who tried that nearly lost 'n eye." Marcus commented. He had seen the whole thing, having just returned to his stall. "Chickens are twenty five emeralds here, and that's a lot cheaper than anywhere else."

(( It's fine. :) ))

Aaron walked along with the guards. His hands were cuffed behind his back and his arms where held by two guards. He kept looking around for a way out but found nothing.

Click, clack, click.

Aaron knew that noise.

He looked to his left; one of the guards had his pocket knife. Aaron glared before speaking. “I believe that’s mine.”

“Sure. Just like all the other items you stole from other people.”

“Those are mine! Those people where carelessly leaving them unattended.”

“Unattended in their pockets.”

“Aw come on! You can’t let this slide? I mean you can’t deny that you might take one or two things if you could. You have a family don’t ‘cha?”

“I used to. Then you came along.”

“I don’t murder people unless they threaten me. That’s where I draw the line - don’t you accuse me of that. It was someone else.”

“Keep walking.”

Aaron kept walking. It wasn’t long before they got to the guard’s station… and then passed it. Aaron already knew why.

“Don’t you think it’s a little harsh to kick me out there? Why not kill me now instead of prolonging my suffering?”

“I said shut up.”

Aaron could still hear the other guard clicking the knives back in place and then out of the handle again. Aaron growled before stopping.

“Move!”

Aaron laughed lightly.

“You said it, not me.”

Aaron kicked one of the guards behind him and broke free of the other. He turned around and managed to grab his knife before running off into an alleyway.

---

It wasn’t long before Aaron had lost the guards. Using his knife he picked the lock and opened the handcuffs. It was more than a simple task but he could manage.

He decided that once he got free he had to prepare for the worst. He started rummaging through the city for any supplies he might need incase he got caught once more.

(( Aaron will be leaving / get kicked out of Maelik soon. It’s up to you all how you get out. You don’t have to do it right away but we have to sooner or later. ))

Ariana sneaked back into the left cave, and found the hole again. He will find this place soon. I should get moving, but... She pulled her hood up. I don't know. These people know he'll come soon, too. Maybe they'll be alright, but I can't be sure. Ariana peeked under the hole before entering... but all she saw were discarded handcuffs. They caught someone... and they're gone again. She decided to stay in that part of the cave, instead of heading into the city.

((I don't even know. Maybe it'll be some time before Ariana leaves. Depends.))

Ember

Ember was having such a lovely day. She got her first real job in two weeks, then only got 500 emeralds for it. 450 emeralds, actually, because she owed the miner who discovered the cavern 10%. It was a high price to pay someone who had discovered something with luck while doing their normal job, but if you didn't pay enough, you wouldn't get jobs. Competition with the few other spelunkers was rough.

The smells of food in the marketplace reminded her of her hunger, and her stomach growled. Looking around, she considered where the best place to buy food would be. It was all ridiculously expensive, but she had to eat something (and it definitely wouldn't be rotten flesh. That stuff was disgusting.) The nearest stall was selling muddy raw chickens. They obviously weren't very good chickens, but meat was hard to find, and she hadn't had any in awhile. Sighing, Ember walked up to the stall. Maybe it wasn't wise to buy something so costly, but she was tired, and it wasn't like mushroom soup would be that much cheaper.

"I'll buy a chicken," she said wearily. Beside her, Flare barked once at the cat before sitting down.

((I'm still waiting on kingcobra2018. Can't exactly sell a chicken in the middle of being robbed, now can I?"))

((If she doesn't reply by tomorrow i'll message her.))

((I'm so sorry. If I ever disappear massage me I always forget about things.))

Taylor

The chicken dropped and the cat brought it back. "Darn it." She mumbled. "Maybe it would be easier outside of the wall." She looked back. "Yeah." She walked to the mine shop and tapped her toe waiting. Taylor looked around hopefully being able to make a deal of her mining to the outside then Taylor could cover it.

((Short post sorry been busy! And I'm sorry again for leaving. *Begs at knees for forgiveness*))

(( It’s fine. tongue.gif ))

Aaron was tired. Running from guards all day made him rather upset, not to mention locals where starting to get in his way.

Maybe there was another town somewhere that hadn’t been taken over much like this one. Maybe he could start new there. Clean slate, new name… only to ruin it all once more to continue his life of thievery.

But if he was less careless he could make it work. But still- he would have to go to the surface. He pulled down the scarf covering his mouth and sighed. Maybe it would be wise for him to leave. He didn’t have much to take with him despite all the things he stole, most of the time he would simply steal one or two things only to be forced to spend it on food or clean water.

It was decided. He needed supplies though. One last trip around the city picking people’s pockets and stealing items from crates and such couldn’t hurt him, right?

((Sorry sorry sorry!! I had Finals (and laziness ohmy.gif ) I'm not used to an rp moving this fast!))

Marcus watched the would be chicken thief run off, and sighed to himself. "What is this town coming to? That's the second time I've had to chase off a thief today."

The cat gave an indignant "Parru?" in response.

"Of course you helped too." Marcus corrected himself.

Marcus then turned his attention to the customer. "One chicken 'll be twenty five emeralds, miss." He said, "And ah'll grantee tha their the cheapest in town, as my stall is the most reliably restocked in tha market."

The cat gave a proud "Mrow," at this.

(( No problem. Real life comes first, after all. smile.gif ))

Ember

Ember passed over the emeralds and took a chicken. "Thank you," she said, trying to keep the annoyance out of her voice. I know that the chickens are cheap here. Why do you think I chose to buy your chicken? "I'm sorry. I've had a really long day," she sighed.

"So, you've been having problems with thieves?" she said. Ember hated thieves. Once, someone tried to steal a diamond that she had found. It had been funny watching Flare chase him away.

You might end up being a thief, too, if a large cavern isn't discovered soon.

Shut up.

She would rather smuggle stuff from above ground than become a thief. That, of course, wouldn't be a very good career choice, but moral standards and stuff were important.

Taylor

Taylor got tired of standing and summoned her horse. She hopped on it and it neighed at her and she pet it. "I'll get you a carrot, just be quiet." She watched the shop owner and wondered when she would continue to watch her shop. This was boring and she was tired of waiting. "Who runs this shop anyways?" She asked particularly loud even though she already knew. The horse tried to neigh being his smart ___ self he just mouthed it. "Wow." She sighed that horse could really annoy her. He was black with brown splotches and a white star on his forehead.

((Hey Corba is she waiting in line at a random shop? Sorry i'm kind of a noob so i'm just a bit unsure of where she is. ._. ))

((Uh, Ember doesn't have a shop. She sells her ores to a shop run by someone else.))