Kayrinda

Winged RP

((Ok I thought maybe they would have a building where all the doctors resided

I'll edit!))

As Rena took Chessayia and Nathaniel off his hands Aeio turned to Taou, "You know I'm feeling extra generous and need some time alone. Stay with Rena until dinner then find me and I'll feed you like I said" Aeio wasn't one to lie or deceive. As he quickly took off Aeio soared over Windkeep for a few moment before turning a little deeper into the woods. Spotting a girl with humming bird wings practicing Aeio stopped and hovered over her to watch. After about 30 minutes of this Aeio dived and landed beside the girl. "Moving your shoulder more will give you more control over your wing movements." he said without introducing himself. Showing an example Aeio looked the girl closer, he hadn't seen her before but she had probably heard of him, the leader's lost son, forever wandering.

Edited by Raven301

((It's fine smile.gif ))

Rena shook her head slightly, as Aeio took off.

"He's always wandering. Coming back one day, off the second. Never stays long anywhere, even though he's the leader's son." she explained, gently brushing her fingers over Chessayia's wrists.

"Looks pretty bad. Let's go to the storage house; all of our herbs and medical supplies are there. We can check both of you there." Rena said, turning towards the house and started slowly walking towards it, glancing back to check, if they were following.

Edited by Kayrinda

Nodding she lets Nate climb back onto her back and walks behind the girl. Her large wings folding around Nate as they walk. "May I ask who the leader is and how they are?" She's very curious because she doesn't trust many people. Her white eyes glance to the sky as she thinks of the poor kid she saw in the hospital with her.... it was a guy her age who also sprouted wings...but INstead of them keeping him alive they killed him. She shakes her head and squeezes Nate's foot comfortingly the blood on her back causing her shirt to stick to it.

Edited by Sylviinael

"The leader is more like a leader of order. He keeps order in the village, and is respected, but mostly we are allowed to 'fly with the wind'. If it were, that the leader dies, his eldest child, in this case - his son, would take the place. However, if the new leader is incapable of being a good one, he or she can be replaced, if majority wishes for another person."

Rena explained, as they entered the storage building.

"Please sit." she said politely, as she walked to the shelves with the names of the herbs. Rena also took some bandages and disinfectant, that someone had bought from Watra's drugstore. Putting some of the disinfectant on Chessayia's wounds, she cleansed the wounds under the chains.

"We need to figure out a way, how to get those chains off. But this should at least stop the infection. I will also give you some herbs to eat, just in case there went anything into your system."

"Are you okay?" she smiled, eying him carefully. So young! she thought.

Edited by Kayrinda

Nate just stares at her, spreading his wings slightly before closing them and hiding behind Chessay "I need you to check out a gash between my wings." Turning she raises her shirt in the back and there's a gash there between her tattoo's. The girl would see every single tattoo she has on her back. The tattoo's of the angel's wings, and the many vines full of black roses. And there's the name of her parents in the middle of all the roses. The Gash is between the angel's wings and her wings. Nate traces her vine tattoo's and smiles before sitting in her lap. "He's fine, jus need a bath." She smirks and wipes a smudge of mud from Nate's face and kisses his forehead. He grins and plays with her hair , tangling it up again. "And we'll need some hair brushes."

"Moving your shoulder more will give you more control over your wing movements."

Startled, Rose shot into the air and hit her head on a tree branch, then fell like a stone. This time, she didn't think to slow her fall with her wings and landed hard on her tailbone. "Ow..." she said, standing up and rubbing the top of her head. Angrily, she turned around to see the one who had startled her. "Hey! You startled me!" As quickly as the anger came, however, it disappeared. "Wait, who are you? I don't think I've seen you before. I guess I haven't seen many people though, and I'm not good with remembering people if I just sort of saw them and didn't really notice or talk to anyone; is anyone good at that? Seeing someone they saw once again and thinking 'Oh, yeah, that's totally that person I saw out of the corner of my eye that day'? 'Cause I'm not. But yeah, I'm new, but you're probably not new if you're giving out flying tips, so I guess I just haven't seen you," she said very quickly, hardly taking a breath for air. Finally, she used her wings to lift herself off of the ground, and tried moving her shoulders more like the stranger had told her to when turning. Oh! She didn't know his name! "Wait, what's your name? Names are important. If you don't know someone's name, how are you supposed to know what to call him? Wait, I haven't told you my name! That's rude, asking for someone's name without telling them your name first. So ignore my first question, my name's Rose, what's your name?" she asked while hovering two feet off of the ground and occasionally moving side to side.

Rena observed the gash, her dark eyebrows coming together.

"Nasty." she said, before returning to the shelves, mumbling silently to herself, as she started to pick various medications, herbs, and other miscellaneous stuff.

Rena gave a pain killer and a glass of water to Chessayia.

"We don't have that many pain killers - the humans down in Watra are getting suspicious about random people coming to buy medicine, so we have to fly long distances to get some medicines." Without waiting to see whether Chessayia took the pain killer, Rena started tending at the gash. After she was done, she took a clean bandage and pulled it tight around the gash.

"Okay, that should do it. You two really need a bath. There's showering rooms at the end of this building. There's boiling water and ice-cold, so you will have to mix them up." Rena told them, pointing towards a hallway.

Edited by Kayrinda

"Thanks" Chessayia responds giving the painkiller back. "I wouldn't have felt you touching it anyways because I'm so hopped up on pills." She picks Nate up and takes him to the washroom. She sets him down and notices the showers and starts one with a little bit a cold and a little bit of boiling. Feeling to see if it's the right temp she helps Nate undress and shower, letting him wash everything but his hair by himself. washing his wings she helps him step out and dress again. "Go out and sit in the sun and wait for me." He nods and runs outside. Showering and cleaning herself she dresses in the huge clothes and heads outside to Nate picking him up again. "Lets go find some of the others."

Blinking Aeio quickly tried to take in everything Rose had said. After hesitating for a moment Aieo finally answered, "I'm Aeio." he said simply watching Rose's face for a reaction, had she heard about him yet? he wondered, he hoped not. "I've never seen someone with humming bird wings." he said, trying to change the subject, "How long have you been at Windkeep?"

Glumly following the newbies to the storeroom Taou wondered if Rena would notice if he flew off. She probably would. He thought to himself as he watched her treat Chessayia's cut. Deciding to give it a try Taou walked over to the door, looking like he had every right to be doing so. He had learned early on that if you looked like you were allowed to be doing something, people wouldn't bother asking questions.

Rena put leftovers from the medicines and herbs back into their shelves, humming a tune to herself. After she was done, she span around, and looked at Taou.

"Where are you going, young man?" she asked, grinning a little.

"Hurrying to somewhere? We still have to show the newblings around Wind Keep. But of course, if you have something extraordinarily important to do, I guess you have to go." Rena said, smiling.

James smiled as he saw the young ones down below before he tilted back so he could glide down to a landing. Fluttering his wings as he felt his feet touch the ground he then looked to Rena as he held up a large pack, " I got some more medicine. Thankfully my oldest brother doesn't ask questions. As he bent down his puppy leaped out of the sling that he wore before he then began to go through it, " These should last for about a month if we have the bare minimum of injuries."

He then looked over to the new ones before he tilted his head, " I see that we have gained some new little ones in the three days I've been gone." With that he then looked up to her once more as if to ask their names.

Rena smiled at James, accepting the medicine.

"Thank you so much! We were running low on supplies! Your brother is so nice to help us." she thanked as she started sorting the medicine into their name-tagged boxes.

"The newcomers are Chessayia, the older one. The little boy is Natalie. I took care of their wounds and now they are cleansing themselves.

All we have to do now, is to show them around Wind Keep and get them used to be around here. And I guess we have some training to do today, am I right?" Rena asked, lifting her gaze from the shelves.

Rena liked the lessons, until someone managed to injure themselves or didn't obey her and the other Flyer's orders. Then she wished she could be something else than a teacher.

James smiled gently to her as she took the medicine before he watched her put it up in the supply cabinet. He then turned to the newcomers and nodded his head.

" My name is James and it is nice to see new faces around here." He then looked back to Rena before nodding his head to her question as he stretched his wings out a bit. He then began to look for their students as if they would appear out of the shadows ready for the day.

Chessayia nods and spreads her large wings wide before folding them against her back, wishing they would morph. Nate smiles and waves beofre hugging Chessay's leg in fright. She runs her fingers through his wet hair and glances at the man in front of her. "James, I am not little....And I've probably seen more than any of you!" She picks Nate up and leaps into the air, soaring off not so sure she and Nate should stay here, after all she thinks people here are immature.

Inwardly groaning Taou walked back over to Rena just as James landed near her. "Do I count as a new face?" Taou interrupted loudly, shaking his wings to emphasize. He had never actually attended any of the beginner's flight classes but there was no doubt that James knew him, he was the biggest trouble maker in Windkeep. Edited by Raven301

James just shook his head as he watched her fly off before he then tilted his head back, " Well that introduction just went wonderfully." He then turned his head to the side with a smile as he saw Taou. Moving his wing to shadow over the young male he then spoke, " Nope just new to the class."

He then grinned as he moved his wing back to his side before he then spoke, " Your not a new face when I have to help with your skinned knees and fix whatever trouble you have gotten into lately. Now how have you been while I was away?"

Nate hops from her arms when he's close to the ground and spreads his wings, gliding slightly to a landing. They both land outside a huge hut made of different materials. Nate holds her hand as they look around the village.

Looking up at James Taou put on his innocent face, "Whatever are you talking about." he said in a soft mellow voice that varied greatly from is usual. He was always appreciative of James when he got him out of trouble, but he thought he had done a fairly good job this time, at least he had earned back the right to visit the library, he needed to take advantage of that soon. Putting a mental bookmark down Taou decided he would let something noisy out in the library. A bird maybe? No too easy to catch, a frog? ... As he went on Taou didn't notice as his innocent face was quickly replaced by his planning one.

James just looked to him before he then spoke, " Uh huh. Like the stink bomb in the mess hall? It just magically appeared." With that he then shook his head as he looked to the young boy once more before he then saw the look on the boy's face changed. Seeing it go from the innocent one he used to get out of things to the one where he was planning his next prank he chuckled. Setting a hand on his shoulder he then spoke, " Try not to give anyone a heart attack Taou."

"Hey!" Taou said snapped out of his planning, "It's not that bad this time." he said before quickly changing the subject, "Do you have any more flight tricks?" he asked excitedly. Taou was one of Windkeep's best flyers, although very few knew it. He received tricks and tips from all the masters and put them together to create his own style.

....Apparently we didn't get far.' Chessayia sighs to herself returning to the others. "I'm sorry for storming off like that... Just not used to being called "Little one" I know I'm small for 18 but still....NOT THAT small.." She shrugs before winking at Taou, "Still wanna race buddy?" She grins and elbows him softly in the ribs. Nate squeals like the child he is and grins "Race Race Race Race." He chants.

Rena came from the shelves to stand close to Taou and James.

"Now Taou, don't do anything...." Rena trailed off, as she tried to find the right word. "...Typerää." she finished, accidentally slipping into her native language.

"I mean, stupid. Don't do anything stupid." Rena corrected herself, when she remembered the word. Then she shuffled her wings and looked at James.

"Well, I guess we have to go and teach. I will go and ring the bell, so they will know to come. And Taou, you stay close to James. He will keep you in order." With that, Rena left the storage house and went to the training areas. There was a bell, which looked really old. Rena took hold of the string, and rang the bell.

Ring-dong-ring-dong-riiinggggg!

"Stupid is fun!" Taou replied enthusiastically, his brown hair flopping into his eyes. As Chessayia proposed a race Taou looked up at James a plead in his eyes. Please, please, please, please. He tried to send hi thoughts to James. He surely knows that I want to, right? Taou told himself, and he won't prevent me. Taou looked at James kinda like a brother he never had, always striving to impress him or catch his attention.

((Can Taou be faster than Chessayia in tight races, swerves, curves, and turns, and just a bit slower in a flat out race? Because of his smaller wings he should be able to maneuver better and they are slim and built for speed, not as bulky as Chessayia's.))

Edited by Raven301

((Yeah. Hers are more for speed diving since she is a predatory bird the kill dives.))

Smirking she speaks with energy. "Flat out race, tomorrow we can always try an obstacle course." She spreads her huge wings and stretches them, feeling the kinks work out of them before she folds them around her and Nate for a little bit, letting the young boy calm down beneath their embrace.