Kayrinda

Winged RP

(He can bring them in but because of how large they are it's uncomfortable so he leaves them out.)

James looked to Taou before he then smiled softly wanting to say yes. However he knew that right now wouldn't be the time for that.

" Why not wait until tomorrow to have a race? That way both of you have had enough time to get some sleep and some food." He then grinned at him once more, " It wouldn't be fair if you win because she was tired from flying all the way here would it."

He then looked to Chessayia before he then spoke, " Because of my size I usually call anyone shorter then me Little one. It also helps that I'm older then a lot of people here besides the Elders." With that he then shrugged once more before he then looked over to Rena, " It's time for lessons."

((No double posting, please smile.gif ))

Rena was walking back and forth the training field. There were Winged coming towards her, mostly younger ones. They were chattering about excitedly, shuffling their wings out, doing some basic stretches and warm-ups.

Rena was also stretching her sparrowhawk wings, letting the wind ruffle her feathers and her short, blond hair a little bit. Rena's green-blue eyes flashed in the sunlight as she quickly glanced upwards.

"Miss Rena! When are we going to start?" asked one of the students.

"As soon as Mister James comes with the new ones." Rena's reply was followed with an chatter, as the students started to wonder what kind of people would the new ones be.

Nate follows Rena closely, his white swan wings spreading wide. He speaks to Rena Quietly. "Can they fly....or am I the only one who can't...." He hides behind his wings shyly.

Chessayia shakes her head and looks at James, "If you don't mind may I sit lessons out? I had practice when I was with my grandparents in the city. I watched the birds and figured out how to fly using their techniques." She spreads her wings wide again and airs the long feathers out. "Also whats your wingspan James??" She tilts her head as a gust of wind presses against her wings.

((Deleted my other post x3))

James looked to Chessayla before he then nodded, " You can. However if you see something new you can join at any time." With that he then walked with her over towards where the lesson would be held. Looking to Nate he smiled gently before he then spoke, " A few of them do know how to fly but others haven't learned how to fly."

Hearing the question on his wingspan he looked to them as he did the mental math before he then spoke, " About fifty three feet I believe. Math was the one subject that always gave me trouble." WIth that he then shrugged his shoulders as he looked over to her once more.

"Wow Bigger than me." She grins before yawning and sitting. "Go On Nate, Your gliding is really good." Chessayia smiles and relaxes against the side of the hut, she starts to braid her waist length hair and sigh. Closing her eyes she starts to mutter in Spanish, reciting the poem of birds. "Elevándose sobre alas de águilas. Luciendo como el cuervo emplumado ... Ellos están ahí, estamos aquí. En la tierra que vagan por la mosca cielo, pero ¿por qué oh por qué no podemos volar? Volar como la poderosa águila o pequeño colibrí. ¿Por qué estamos volando como el pingüino o un avestruz? Nosotros, los seres humanos son las aves." Opening her eyes she goes silent and her uncanny ability to seemingly disappear kicks in as she sort of blends in with her surroundings.

((The poem: Soaring on wings of eagles. Looking like the raven feathered ... They are there, we are here. In the land that roam the sky fly, but why oh why can not we fly? Fly like the mighty eagle or small hummingbird. Why are we flying as the penguin or an ostrich? We human beings are birds.))

Rena noticed James arriving, so she walked up to him.

"So, do you want to teach the ones who can't fly, or those who know already how to fly?" she asked. It was just fair for him to say his opinion, too. She couldn't just go and decide she wanted to go with the ones with more experience. Then she heard how Chessayia was singing in another language. It reminded her of Spanish. Rena nodded to herself. Yes, it was Spanish - it was not French, which she had briefly studied in school, but it was vaguely familiar.

((Sorry for taking so long to post))

"Hi Aeio!" Rose said excitedly. She always loved meeting new people. The name 'Aeio' sounded vaguely familiar- like she had heard it once or twice, but when not paying attention or overhearing a bit of another conversation. She definitely didn't remember anything connected to the name.

"I've never seen someone with hummingbird wings."

"Nope!" she replied. "Probably not. I haven't seen anyone else with hummingbird wings, either, but I guess you've seen a lot more people with wings than me. Ooh! Have you ever seen anyone with penguin or ostrich wings? That would be cool! They'd be kind of useless, though. I think ostrich wings are kind of fluffy, but they don't do anything. But maybe someone with ostrich or penguin wings could fly anyway, because we're already breaking the laws of physics." She paused for half a second. "Wait, how are we breaking the laws a physics? I guess A Wizard Did It, or something. Well, that solves everything."

"How long have you been at Windkeep?"

"Hm... Two days! No, that's not right, four days! No, three. Four. Wait, definitely three. I've been here three days," she finished happily. "How long have you been here?"

James looked to Rena before he then spoke, " I'll take the ones who can't fly. Give you a bit of a break from it." With that he then grinned to her once more before he then looked to the new faces before he stretched out his wings. " Now has anyone been doing the wing stretches since I've been gone?" With that he then grinned as he looked around at everyone.

"Wing stretches??" Nate asks, spreading wide his pure white wings. He flaps them and they glow brightly in the sunlight. He looks around as he sees some of the other kids staring at his wings. He blushes and kind of squirms in place.

"Tomorrow" Taou groaned, "Whatever happened to living in the moment?" scowling slightly Taou punched James' arm before a wide smile split his face and he quickly followed James to the newbies, calling over his shoulder to Chessayia, "Tomorrow!" As he listened to James Taou's eyes glazed over slightly and they darkened to a deep, smokey brown. As they suddenly lit up again Taou quietly shuffled his wings and began to inch around so that he was facing James' back. Suddenly extending his wings to full length Taou let out an indian war whoop and jumped on to James, directly on top of his wings.

"A long time." Aeio said before trying again to curb the topic away from himself, people always treated him different when they found out who he was and his name didn't seem to have tipped her off. "Have you taken any flight classes?" Aieo asked, if she had been here for three days she should have taken at least one, he had actually invented part of the flight learning program.

James looked to Nate gently before he then spoke, " I will show you how to do them later so you can work on it. But it helps with making your wings stronger so they can support your weight and so you have better control of them." Chuckling to Taou he then spoke, " You can live in the moment outside of my class."

He then had begun to check the others to see them nodding and moving their wings he then let out a yelp as he heard the war whoop and then the weight on his wings. Shaking his head he tilted his head to the side, " Taou you scared years off of me." With that he then lifted his arms up and lifted the boy into his arms.

Laughing Taou quickly squirmed out of James' grip and launched himself into the air, "That was the point!" he called as he did a loop, "You looked like you were getting a little old!" Whooping again Taou shot strait upward as fst as he could before quickly turning around and diving again, only pulling up at the last second so that he feet landed gently on the ground. "Show me some new tricks!" Taou said excitedly, he loved flying, had always dreamt about it, always wanted it. It filled him with exhilaration. "Pleeaaassseeeee? I already know all this stuff!"

James just grinned as he watched Taou flying around before he then spoke, " I gotta teach them how to fly. They don't have the experience that you do. If you like you can help me and then after the lesson I will teach you some new tricks." With that he then looked to the young boy once more before he looked back to the others seeing that some were a bit nervous.

"A long time."

"Cool!" Rose said happily. "Not very specific, but that's okay."

"Have you taken any flight classes?"

"Well, I tried," Rose replied. "But they didn't really help, 'cause everyone else has non-hummingbird wings, and so they can't really teach me. But I've only crashed into trees three ti- no four times, because you startled me." Rose tried to give Aeio an annoyed look, but couldn't quite get the perpetual smile off of her face. She could never look angry or unhappy when she was happy (i.e. all the time). Her head still hurt a bit, but she didn't really notice, and flying tips were helpful.

"Sorry." Aieo said realizing that they corners of his mouth were turning up against his will. Rose is infectious. he decided finally, "Can you do a bit of backward flying for me?" Aeio asked, "I'm trying to figure it out but falcon wings really aren't made for that kind of thing." Inspecting his wings Aeio again caught a glimpse of his clothes, you really need to change, he scolded himself frowning again before returning his attention to Rose.

Nate goes up to James. "Watch this!" He goes to a big boulder and hops from it, gliding in a circle to the ground. He looks really really happy. Chessayia smiles and hugs him, "May I help?? I taught myself to flying by jumping off the roof of a two story house" She laughs and smiles

James smiled as he looked to Nate before nodding his head, " Your gliding is really good." He then looked to Chessayia before shrugging, " Sure. However right now they are just working on the ground work before we take to the skies. A few of them decided to try to fly too early and hurt their wings last time."

Rose's grin widened. "Haha! I made you smile!" she said triumphantly. People smiling always made her happy. Well, happier.

"Can you do a bit of backward flying for me? I'm trying to figure it out but falcon wings really aren't made for that kind of thing."

Rose laughed. Of course he couldn't fly backwards with falcon wings! How would that work? "Sure," she said, rising into the air. She hovering about three feet above the ground, then changed the movement of her wings a bit so that she slowly moved backwards, the loud humming filling the air. She really wasn't very stealthy, was she? Most winged people weren't while flying, except for owl-winged people, but she was especially noisy. She carefully looked backwards while flying backwards, because she had to be careful not to hit a tree with her wings- they were pretty short, but if they hit a tree at the speed that they were beating- well, it wouldn't be pretty, and it would be awhile before she could fly again. Broken wings would not be fun, and was something that she'd like to avoid. She flew sideways a bit, too- first to the left, then to the right. Finally, she settled down to the ground.

"I think I'll start with side to side." Aeio as his wings quietly lifted him into the air. Hovering, a skill he had mastered, and frowned with concentration as he tried to move his wings correctly. Jerking a bit tot the right Aeio slowed down and tried to go left. As he attempted to fly against his instincts Aeio didn't last very long before he lost control and slammed into a nearby tree, " censorkip.gif falcon wings aren't meant for this." He cursed, glancing at Rose. Edited by Raven301

"Alright. Nate, show them how you tilt your wings slightly when you glide." Chessayia looks at Nate as she spreads her own wings and stretches them upwards before silently flapping them and hovering about 5 ft of the ground. Her massive wings make little noise as cause the dust to stir a little bit.

James smiled as he looked to Nate before tilting his head. He then spoke, " Your great with gliding. We will just have to work with the muscles in your wings and back to make them strong enough for flight." He then looked over to Chessayia before he then continued, " You may want to work on them too. I know you know how to fly but the weather up here isn't always this great so it would help when the stronger winds come in."

He then turned to look around, " Taou would you like to help Nate with some of the smaller things you have learned?" WIth that he then grinned before he looked to the others that had been moving their wings slowly.

Rena looked at the class James was having. Chessayia seemed to be doing quite well, so Rena didn't bother her to ask to join the lesson.

She will join, if she feels like it. Focusing on the class, Rena asked for attention.

"Okay, guys. It's a bit windy today, so we can have some great practice on flying headwind." A audible groan was heard from the class.

"Yes, yes, I know. You hate flying headwind. But it's the hardest one, so you need practice with it. We will also do some spiral diving and spiraling to right and left. The wind will give you some challenge." With that, Rena ran towards the cliff and jumped off. The wind howled in her ears, as she dropped weightless down. Rena opened her wings and started flapping them, gaining height. Soon she was so high she could've touched the clouds. But she didn't because you got all wet from them, and then you got cold. After a few moments, the rest of the class was with her, flying around to keep themselves up.

"Okay! Watch me and then do it yourself!" Rena called out, as she pulled her wings close to herself and started falling. Rena started spinning around, but tried to keep her head still - allowing her to stay focused on one point and didn't make her dizzy. When she was close to the ground, Rena opened her wings, allowing her to glide down.

Chessayia nods to a Nervous Nate before she speaks to James. "Actually James, I may join Rena and them... They seem to be doing more interesting things." And with that and a powerful flap of her wings she follows them to the cliff. Landing at the edge she does a cannon ball off it and dives speedily downwards. Opening her wings to their full size she swoops upwards swiftly to Rena's class. Flapping easily in the wind she folds her wings slightly and watches Rena's dive before she mimics it slightly but enough to make it better for her own wings. She folds them against her body and goes shooting downwards at an angle to the fast approaching ground. She spreads them wide and whoops in joy as she does a running landing. Not really caring for gliding.

"Haha, I guess not," Rose said, laughing as Aeio crashed into the tree. There, now he had crashed into a tree, and they were even. "I don't know how I can help, though. You sort of have to... not crash into trees. Crashing into trees is a bad thing. I don't think I'm very good at teaching people flight maneuvers. You're a lot better at hovering than I expected, though." Rose had calmed down noticeably since Aeio had first showed up, but she still talked faster than most people. "I bet you can dive really quickly, though. Does diving hurt? Like, is the wind speed a problem? Can you dive as fast as a real falcon? That'd be pretty fast. What kind of falcon wings do you have? 'Cause I know that peregrine falcons can dive at 200 miles an hour, but they're the fastest, so I guess that most falcons can't dive that quickly." Rose decided that she should keep practicing while she and Aeio talked-practice was good, and she could concentrate on talking and flying at the same time. Probably. As long as she didn't crash (again), she should be fine. She unfolded her wings, and they started to beat, lifting her off of the ground. She inched backwards, slowly, careful not to hit a tree, and then forwards again.

James smiled as he looked to the more experienced flyers that were working on their dives. He then looked to his class before he then moved to them and lifted them up over his head a bit before letting go to let them practice their gliding in small heights. He knew they weren't ready for this wind speed and wouldn't be for a good while.